elcharger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elcharger

Congratulations!

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet

So in 30 years are like alot of people not even going to get Pluto is not a planet jokes because Pluto stopped being a planet before they were even born?

dethl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dethl

New Mexico has a high number of wooters for this - no surprise given that Clyde Tombaugh (who originally found Pluto) is highly regarded there (and taught at my alma mater, New Mexico State University, from '55 to '77).

I believe the New Mexico legislature also formally recognized Pluto as a planet after it was demoted to "dwarf planet" status.

tinsoldiergt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tinsoldiergt

The legs of the tripod look like one those constellations that I never can seem to recognize.

mattryan

quality posts: 41 Private Messages mattryan
chrisprender wrote:I think every family has its Pluto. And if you can't pinpoint the Pluto in your own family, well... it might be you.

Pretty positive it is me and I'M PROUD!!! Pluto should be proud too. He's a non-conformist.

mattryan

quality posts: 41 Private Messages mattryan

It has seriously been ages since something made me laugh out loud hard. This shirt broke that streak. Once I blew it up and saw I just about ran out of breath.

Pluto will always be a planet in my eyes.

squishypeepbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squishypeepbunny

Sometimes I feel like Pluto ._.

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete
LurkingGrue wrote:How long will it take for the "poor Pluto" idea to run its course? It's still a dwarf planet along with several others.

With luck it will go on until something gets done about it! Underplaying the importance of Trans-Neptunian objects serves no purpose but to sweep modern discoveries under the rug. Simplifying the solar system to 8 planets and a slew of meaningless debris does a great disservice to our children. How are they supposed to be captivated by their surroundings if we don't teach them the true nature of space with all it's discovered complexities?

Pluto has three moons, and shares an interesting orbit with the largest Charon. Not only does the barycenter of the Pluto Charon system lie ABOVE the surface of Pluto but Pluto and Charon are tidally locked! They're celestial dance partners for crying out loud. Pluto is too cool to be ignored or shrugged off as a dwarf planet. Especially since dwarf planets are not classified as planets at all, unlike dwarf stars which still maintain their stellar status.

aznxenocide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aznxenocide

When did shirts go up in price?

woocls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woocls
emehew wrote:It would be impossible to use relative sizes. The small planets would be pinpoints and the large ones wouldn't fit! Get real, suspend disbelief.

that's one thing... but as someone else mentioned above, Venus is bigger than Earth, and some of the others look kinda strange being as large or small as they are. It could have been done with a little more care to make sure that all 9 planets were recognizable. (That's right Pluto I included you too!)

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 55 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

When I saw it said "Family Portrait", I expected there to be weird faces and someone giving bunny ears. The photographer trying in vain to get everyone to look in the same direction at the same time and smile. And Little Johnny looking like he needs a bathroom break.

My family pictures never look like this!

mscalisi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mscalisi

Going random is an expensive way to (probably not) get a specific shirt.

woocls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woocls
aznxenocide wrote:When did shirts go up in price?

awhile ago: http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=21031

cmoborough

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmoborough

Pluto is way too cool

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux
bpr2 wrote:Aw, here we go.

For y'alls listening pleasure!

Gustav Holst's PLUTO!!!!!!

Holst didn't write this. Holst stopped with Neptune.

aznxenocide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aznxenocide
woocls wrote:awhile ago: http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=21031

Huh. I never noticed, even though I swear I check this daily. Thanks :D

mcnaryxc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcnaryxc

This shirt has me with all types of mixed feelings. It makes me laugh, and then makes me feel bad for Pluto. And then I laugh again. And feel bad again. Vicious cycle. Got me to buy one.

d33flat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages d33flat
bassanimation wrote:Yeah, Uranus is just hanging out there for everyone to gawk at. @_@;;;

hey Bassanimation, I just wanna say that everytime i wear my halloween mouse shirt i get a ton of compliments. Love it!

Anyways in for one

rem870sxmag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rem870sxmag

haha woot stories are always what ends up selling me on the shirt :P

rem870sxmag

batlrar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages batlrar

Ohh, remember when Pluto was first formed and he was the runt of the litter, and the sun had to rub his giant hands over Pluto until the life got pulled back into him, and the whole family was so happy once again? Anybody think he'll ever be forgiven for hanging out with those miscreants in the Kuiper area of town, and allowed to come back home again?

Legatosmash

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Legatosmash

Must be pretty convenient for the Sun to be the photographer. Solar flares would make an excellent flash-bulb replacement.

trombonior

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trombonior

I have to say it. As a New Mexican, I love Pluto.

Gnomad83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gnomad83

Old joke is old. Also, I'm pretty sure this is a rip-off of something I've seen before.

stygiania

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stygiania
tinsoldiergt wrote:The legs of the tripod look like one those constellations that I never can seem to recognize.

Looks like the most-recognizable portion of Taurus.

Nice design but it would be really cool with a bunch of little moons and asteroids and stuff making silly faces in the front row. Or does that kind of thing only happen in my family?

Six Woots
Fifteen Shirt.Woots
Five Kids.Woots

vampyredearest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vampyredearest
lete wrote:Dear Pluto,

You'll always be a planet to me.

Love,
Illinois

Actually, Illinois effed up. The law the Illinois government passed says something along the lines that "as Pluto crosses through the sky above Illinois, it will be considered a planet."

The problem is that Pluto never passes above Illinois.

Sorry, Pluto. Not a single state still officially loves you.

tc3driver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tc3driver

shouldn't Uranus be rotated 90 degrees?

Still in for one

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete
vampyredearest wrote:Actually, Illinois effed up. The law the Illinois government passed says something along the lines that "as Pluto crosses through the sky above Illinois, it will be considered a planet."

The problem is that Pluto never passes above Illinois.

Sorry, Pluto. Not a single state still officially loves you.

Yes the law's poetic wording does put its meaning up for debate, and our politicians have always been all flash and no substance, nevertheless, Illinois' love for Pluto is evident in the gesture alone.

I don't know why anyone takes the IAU's decision seriously anyway, they're French.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

So happy to see this placed first in the derby!

And then, so sad that I don't have $12 right now with which I can buy it.

But enough about me... congrats, wirdou!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

greenleaf44

quality posts: 8 Private Messages greenleaf44

Never mind Pluto; is that a Muppets reference I see?

"Tune in next week to miss last weeks episode of Piiiigs iiiin SPAAAAAACE!"

BelyndaG

quality posts: 17 Private Messages BelyndaG

What?! Pluto's not a planet?! Noooooooo!!!!

Seriously, should they even call it a "dwarf planet?" Wouldn't "little planet" be more PC?

bricemoak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bricemoak

If the size of the planets were to scale, we would only see the photographer------the sun. I for one am glad to see them this size, quit whining and buy the cute shirt.

kmf600

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kmf600

I don't think the planets are going to line up until September 8, 2040, and that a Geocentric alignment, which includes Pluto.

In the end it doesn't matter, because all hell is going to brake loose when it happens, right?

aditami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aditami

I don't have a problem with the sizes, because it would look outta whack if you tried to keep the ratio. What I do have an issue with is the colors. Mercury looks sorta like the moon, no stripes there, and I would've given Jupiter the stripes, and made Saturn a solid color because it's already got the rings.

Anywho, I love this design overall, and Congratulations on getting it printed. =]
If I wasn't completely broke, I would def buy one.

CandaceO

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CandaceO
BelyndaG wrote:What?! Pluto's not a planet?! Noooooooo!!!!

Seriously, should they even call it a "dwarf planet?" Wouldn't "little planet" be more PC?

"Dwarf" or "little planet" is fine. The offensive term would be "midget," because a midget thing is almost--but not quite--that thing.

But that's really what happened to Pluto, isn't it?

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama

At that distance from the sun why does the earth still have water?

Pah! This is so unrealistic... I can't buy this. As if they could all get so close without gravity causing them to collide at high speeds!

They would be much better waiting until the planets were all in line and ask a friendly comet to take the photo.

shilo9924

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shilo9924

I need Scissors!!!

bblhed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bblhed

Just look Neil deGrasse Tyson, look at what you did to that lovely family.

Maybe he should get a free shirt for making this shirt funnier.

zippy916

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zippy916

Awww...poor Pluto!

jhgalvas

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas

I could never wear this shirt. It's way too depressing.

emeycakes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages emeycakes

This is SO adorable. I must resist though... t-shirts are just not practical for my lifestyle, unfortunately.