iamjakex

quality posts: 11 Private Messages iamjakex

I imagine this is how this years Mayan Calendar will look like, when it ends and all the planets 'align' (for a photo) ;)

jennygin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jennygin

Awe, poor little Pluto!

rockymike

quality posts: 15 Private Messages rockymike

I've been wanting a Pluto-themed t-shirt for a while now. Not that I've ever had a chance – this has been going on since 2006. First opening day woot that I've bought in a while.

Yeah, so there's that...

GeneralGhoul

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GeneralGhoul
kmf600 wrote:I don't think the planets are going to line up until September 8, 2040, and that a Geocentric alignment, which includes Pluto.

In the end it doesn't matter, because all hell is going to brake loose when it happens, right?

No one will know as we are are gone after Dec 22 this year.

christyvaught

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christyvaught

Yay!! I am so happy this won. ^^

cscrudder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cscrudder

Why isn't Neptune on its side?

frinky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frinky

this shirt makes me feel sad for pluto

"...remind this nation that we are too good to make war our most successful enterprise..." - Mario Cuomo '92

hyliansnake

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hyliansnake

I like my planets with rings. Plus, I think Pluto has had it rough enough the past few years without me buying a shirt to bash it.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
seahokedrama wrote:At that distance from the sun why does the earth still have water?

Pah! This is so unrealistic... I can't buy this. As if they could all get so close without gravity causing them to collide at high speeds!

They would be much better waiting until the planets were all in line and ask a friendly comet to take the photo.

Yeah, Comet will use a 1 ton camera. That'll be realistic.

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

RayKremer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RayKremer

So cute! Makes me sad for Pluto though.

Jerry559

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jerry559
FishyFred wrote:I cannot in good conscience buy this shirt. The relative sizes are all out of whack.

Yeah, I even think Venus is bigger than Earth (and the wrong color).

Cervantes3773

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cervantes3773

It's my birthday today, I like this shirt, I should buy this shirt.

My wife put the kibosh on new shirts (as my shirt drawer is over-flowing).

I can get rid of a shirt to make room for this one.

But my wife gets sad when I wear my "You're not one of us anymore" shirt and would probably get even sadder if I wore this one.

Verdict: For the greater good of my marriage, no shirt today. But please know that I dig this one the most.

Oh yeah, obligatory "Whisky Tango Foxtrot $12!?!?!?!"
/sigh

schroddie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schroddie

This tee-shirt is perfect for Jonathan Coulton's song "I'm your Moon" and Valentine's day!!

http://www.jonathancoulton.com/wiki/I%27m_Your_Moon

iamnotaduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamnotaduck

If my daughter thinks she wears a XS, but I think she wears a S. Does that mean I should buy a M?

sigifreud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigifreud

So in 30 years are like alot of people not even going to get Pluto is not a planet jokes because Pluto stopped being a planet before they were even born?

I'm really careful with my shirts but even I think my shirt will be worn out in 30 years, give or take 10.

Cervantes3773

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cervantes3773
iamnotaduck wrote:If my daughter thinks she wears a XS, but I think she wears a S. Does that mean I should buy a M?

All I can say is that the ladies shirts run small. Every woman I know who's bought a women's woot.shirt has gone up a size from their "normal" shirt size.

ket0729

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ket0729
iamnotaduck wrote:If my daughter thinks she wears a XS, but I think she wears a S. Does that mean I should buy a M?

I think the best way to figure out the sizing is to have her measure one of her own shirts and then compare measurements. I normally wear S but I get an M in Woot shirts, but I think it also depends on how you're built (and I am not... built).

SlushpuppieT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SlushpuppieT

Father, are you space?

sensenigk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sensenigk

Very cute shirt.

I'm not getting the fish out of water reference, though. That phrase means a situation where something is outside it's normal environment. And references the uncomfortable and/or comical things that ensue. Like a Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, for example.

EDIT: Oh forget it. I just read Woot's rules on the derby. It's Woot that got it wrong. WOOT: Not fitting in isn't "fish out of water". It's "black sheep".

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros

Congratulations!!! Your first fog and you won first place. Awesome!

xythadar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xythadar

The creator forgot to include Pluto's friends...

Where are Ceres, Eris, Haumea, Makemake?

delucain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages delucain

I have to agree with those that has said this is an overused and pointless topic. Pluto is no longer classified as a planet. It's still a dwarf planet. It still exists. Nothing about it physically changed. No one hates it. We have just corrected a mistake we've been making for decades.

As for those who say "Pluto, you will always be a planet to me!" I would like to point out that there is no one around saying how "Earth, you will always be flat to me!"

xythadar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xythadar
cscrudder wrote:Why isn't Neptune on its side?

**Uranus

Neptune is mostly upright, while Uranus spins both 'backwards' (clockwise when viewed from the North pole, like Venus) and nearly on its side.

hockeyham

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hockeyham

SnorgTees' versions.

loaba

quality posts: 27 Private Messages loaba

Can we just reinstate Pluto already?

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay

Congrats Wirdou :D

elgringo79

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elgringo79

You DO know this image has nothing to do with the phrase "fish out of water," right?

spacemoth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacemoth
delucain wrote:As for those who say "Pluto, you will always be a planet to me!" I would like to point out that there is no one around saying how "Earth, you will always be flat to me!"

Except for these folks: http://theflatearthsociety.org

thumperchick

quality posts: 209 Private Messages thumperchick

Ahh, Pluto, the ginger of our solar system.

musicchan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages musicchan

Revolve in peace, Pluto!

Confusticate and Bebother those dwarves!

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee
elgringo79 wrote:You DO know this image has nothing to do with the phrase "fish out of water," right?

Pluto is a fish out of water because it's not a planet anymore.

spacegirlag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacegirlag

wow, people need to stop being so flippin' literal, already! it's a t-shirt! the planets are all together, and they're smiling for a picture! who cares that the planets aren't comparitively sized, or whether or not pluto is or is not still sort of a planet. it's a cute flippin' shirt, and it makes most of us smile. see, smiling.

walmazan

quality posts: 59 Private Messages walmazan

Felicidades wirdou! well deserved!

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete
delucain wrote:
As for those who say "Pluto, you will always be a planet to me!" I would like to point out that there is no one around saying how "Earth, you will always be flat to me!"

The earth's status as "flat" was not a classification, arbitrarily changed by a minority vote of scientists. It was a primitive idea based on observation that changed when new facts came to light. Pluto Planeteers have logic and reason on their side considering most planets don't even fit all of the IAU's qualifications for planet classification because they have not cleared the neighbourhood around their orbits.

MMaggio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MMaggio
meepee wrote:Pluto is a fish out of water because it's not a planet anymore.

'Fish out of water' means the fish SHOULD be back in the water.

However, scientists have spoke and said Pluto SHOULD NOT be in the water (aka considered a planet).

Hence, technically, it is not a fish out of water since it shouldn't be in the water in the first place.

That being said I think people are putting too much thought into the title....

MMaggio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MMaggio
iamjakex wrote:I imagine this is how this years Mayan Calendar will look like, when it ends and all the planets 'align' (for a photo) ;)

I'm sorry I just had to.. the planets aren't aligning, the Sun the Earth and the Galactic center are aligning.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Oh sweet! Congratulations Pablo!

I totally had this picked for the top 3 but I wasn't sure when it would show.

sensenigk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sensenigk
elgringo79 wrote:You DO know this image has nothing to do with the phrase "fish out of water," right?

Thank goodness someone else out there understands idioms! Unfortunately, Woot mislead people about the meaning of the phrase. Their instructions for the derby suggested that people show things that don't fit in.

Luckily, the derby title won't print on the shirt. So all these folks buying one won't constantly have to face folks like you and me telling them, "your shirt isn't quite right."

ssirrine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssirrine

This shirt made me go "D'awww". I just had to get it! :3

Just got my Koi shirt today and already I am buying another xD