redsatchmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redsatchmo

I love designs like this. It's beautiful, but also not too complicated. It's great!

In the Lead "Catbus"

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
jabascus wrote:For us technologically impaired, what does it say?

Copy this URL, paste here. Then come back to entry and click "I'd want one"

arinesart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arinesart

many thanks, people! :D

jlsinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlsinger

Any comments or critiques are appreciated

schlady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schlady
Re: Milky Way

This is cute! (I'm such a sucker for wordplay. And cats in space.) The muted purples are a nice choice, very different and they really dress up the black shirt color.

"Way to leave room for the rest of us, John."

bethvet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethvet
logicdreamer314 wrote:The kitty sure is cute, but overall, the design is a bit chaotic. I think it would look nicer if the kitty was above the yarn craziness and much larger (you did such a good job with the cat it seems a shame to have it so tiny). It would also make a little more sense to have the yarn hanging off of something (like maybe have knitting needles as pins and do some string art).

I agree with logicdreamer314. The cat is great and makes me smile and I would love it if it was larger.

frankentoast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frankentoast
cptgone wrote:i'm not familiar with the reference, but you have an original way to draw cats.

You've never heard of Thundercats? Man, you're missing out! Thundercats started out as a wicked He-Man-type cartoon in the 80's with... cat people that... pretty much saved the universe from baddies. I mean, what else are cat people going to do with their time? It's been reincarnated and currently runs on Cartoon Network with some pretty slick new designs that are, sadly, lacking in obscene amounts of 80's hair. It's super rad!

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie
Re: Mothering Nature

my first woot shirt, please tell me how I can improve : )

lisonallie

Re: Mothering Nature

here's a link to show full image.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6118/kittiesa.png

lisonallie

Re: Wait for it...

when you submit the shirt how do you have the thumbnail be a smaller version of the design then you click and it's the whole design?

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Call of Kitty

Thanks everyone!

Cheers Ian!

geminian77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geminian77
lisonallie wrote:here's a link to show full image.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6118/kittiesa.png

Great design, but it will be rejected because the background of your thumbnail image (grey) is different from the layout picture (white). You can select whichever color of those offered by Woot to use as your background. Just ensure they are the same for your thumbnail and the larger image.

Ian Koller

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
ramyb wrote:Maybe I'm not seeing this the way it's supposed to be seen (or am just reading too much into it based on previous kdeuce submissions)- but the crown at the top looks like 2 skulls to me, flipped in opposite directions. It just seems out of place to me in this design, and maybe that visual was completely unintentional.

I didn't think they were skulls, but thought they were cat-shapes? A bit distracting for me, but the difference in eye shading bothers me more.

Everything else, I like... even the circles and red splatter.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr
Re: Last FeLine of Defense

This reminds me of every laundry day in my house - OK, every day in my house. Something about the laundry basket...and don't you dare try to take it from teh kitteh.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

lisonallie

geminian77 wrote:Great design, but it will be rejected because the background of your thumbnail image (grey) is different from the layout picture (white). You can select whichever color of those offered by Woot to use as your background. Just ensure they are the same for your thumbnail and the larger image.

I don't know how to submit a thumbnail and then when you click it it's the full design?
yeah I am most likely resubmitting it xD.

inspektordogge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages inspektordogge
cptgone wrote:amazing artwork.

Thank you! I guess it's some conselation, considering this only has two votes, and one is mine

blackcap76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackcap76
cptgone wrote:lol, nice one!

Thank you ... It was fun idea and I thought it turned out really well.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

lisonallie wrote:when you submit the shirt how do you have the thumbnail be a smaller version of the design then you click and it's the whole design?

You submit two files: the thumbnail or "design detail" and the "shirt comp" file, which is the whole design including its placement on a shirt. The artist makes both files by cropping their original design file however they see fit. Hope that answers your question

wootoft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootoft
Re: Babou

Yes! Yes! A thousand times YES!

lisonallie

Re: MOTHERING NATURE resub

my first woot design, please tell me how I can improve : )

schlady

Re: Catastrophic

Fantastic work! I love how clean the style is. It's also nice to see a cat design that shows the predatory, more masculine side of felines without it being too gruesome.

cuzwhynot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuzwhynot
Re: Catlas

And lo! Catlas looked upon his voters' admiring visages and found his burden somewhat easier to bear. For all of cat-dom relied upon his perseverance!

lisonallie

Re: Smile for Alice

I like it I just wish the eyes were blue

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Puss in Boot

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys! Glad Mr. Puss's predicament is entertaining, haha. Poor dude. He'll find a way out!

Kisa829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kisa829

I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE (*o*)

fiendishly

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fiendishly
anemality wrote:Tail is curving up behind neck. :T

I had to stare at it for awhile. It's probably just me. -_- The problem for me was the area starting at the top of the neck to the top of the first spike collar. Something with the shadow between the neck and the tail was throwing me off. The first collar looks kind of blended in.

I truly love the colors though and how dark the theme is. <3

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Dinner Time RESUB

Definite improvements on an already great design. Good luck!

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Predators

Even the stealthiest hunters can be detected when their weaponry is just SO DISTRACTING

aramis525

goldenthorn wrote:I... wut... this... have you.... I... agdajkdgkljgfalkjsgflkjh;ljkhKLASDH

Hello and welcome to woot! It is simply wonderful and heartening to see someone so passionate about cats. I myself am the proud and crazy owner of three cats and do very much empathise with the empassioned defense of their worthiness, goodness, and should-not-be-dead-ness. With my own expert expertise in cattery and well-honed master skills of forum readery, I am here to assure you that the artist is doing nothing more suspicious than illustrating a hyperbolic they-sure-do-love-that-sunlight catpile. If you have design criticism along the lines of Mr. Midgerock's, as seen above, then I will not be one to necessarily disagree. But please do let yourself rest easy in the knowledge that Teh Kitteh is well-respected in this design.

If, on the other hand, you are trolling the established woot trope of Today's Offended Party, then I see what you did there and salute you.

I LIKE YOU!

nancyzas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancyzas
Re: Catastrophic

Terrific design!

lisonallie

Re: MOTHERING NATURE resub

any pointers from anyone?

mverc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mverc
Re: Three's a Crowd

I had a hard time submitting this with Firefrogh's shirt being submitted last night but I've been working on it since Thursday... so here it is.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: A patch of sun

Huh! ... I wasn't expecting any kind of controversy with this one. How weird. :^) Thanks bluetuba, goldenthorn, SnowQueen and well, a lot of people, for already saying everything I could have said to explain my thought process and artistic choices here.

I really appreciate all the kind words and enthusiasm for this design. It was a challenging one but I'm happy with it too. Thanks!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Babou

It's like Meow-schwitz in here. O_o

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone
Re: Predators

lol! poor predator, he's cat food now.

aramis525

Re: Cat Nips...

Rejection in 3...2...1...

schlady

Re: Three's a Crowd

Out of all the "pocket cats" in this derby, this one's my favorite so far. I like the style of the pocket and how it looks with the rest of the art, a very cohesive design that blends well with the shirt. So many cats - looks like we need bigger shirt pockets!

dwimmz

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dwimmz
Johndis5 wrote:It is nothing short of an abomination that this isn't securely in the fog.

Seconded. My faith in humanity has once again been lost (or at least my faith in humanity's appreciation of spectacularly awesome robot designs.)

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: A Cat's Nap

Charming!!

Vote!

kadenian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kadenian
rogue8402 wrote:I was thinking it would be on the back, too.

Take the best shirt of the reckoning and make your own version of the same thing, always works!!!