geminian77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geminian77
Re: But I'm Cute

Cute! But it's going to get rejected because it's not on a shirt template, plus your background in the thumbnail needs to match the one in the layout.

Ian Koller

glorinmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glorinmann
Re: Cat-Plunk!

Cute, but I think the fourth cat is killing the "thing-in-the-pocket" illusion.
If the three cats are really in the pocket, the other one would have fallen on the ground and should not appear on the shirt.
Except if it's designed for overweighed people, and the cat is supposed to have fallen on the top of the belly ; ) (and even in this case, it would be misplaced)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Call of Kitty

"I have never advoCATed war except as a means of peace."
— Ulysses S. Grant

^__^

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Predators

hahahaha! you make my day! +1

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: Curl Exercises - feel the burn

"Curl Exercises - feel the burn"

Cat exercises involve a lot of curling... around things, the better to get a kitties 10 hour nap on.

Kraagh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kraagh
Spiritgreen wrote:Huh! ... I wasn't expecting any kind of controversy with this one. How weird. :^) Thanks bluetuba, goldenthorn, SnowQueen and well, a lot of people, for already saying everything I could have said to explain my thought process and artistic choices here.

I really appreciate all the kind words and enthusiasm for this design. It was a challenging one but I'm happy with it too. Thanks!

As I said before, I really like this design....ok, I don't like it...I love it. And, if this one prints....you are going to cost me money.

I had to let you know, I thought of this shirt today. It is a cold, snowy day, but this morning my mother raised her shade on the window and it just so happened the sun was out and created a nice patch of sunlight on the floor. It literally took her cat two seconds to find the patch of sunny warmth and lay down in it. Only thing missing was a dozen kittens piled on top of him!

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
blackberryjam wrote:I "got" it the moment I saw the thumbnail- love MPI- funny concept... The "D" would make it complete, but would get it rejected in this derby...

Yeah the original had the "D". It's not like this gonna print this week but after the 60 day hold I'll put up at redbubble with the "D" included. glad there are some that appreciate Mags!

redburr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redburr
DianaSprinkle wrote:"Curl Exercises - feel the burn"

Cat exercises involve a lot of curling... around things, the better to get a kitties 10 hour nap on.

hope this wins wish it woulda gotten posted earlier D:

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: CATerpillar

Simple and fun!

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: don't mess with ralph

This is top notch Joe, any other derby you would have had a contender. Too much cute to compete with this week.

A lack of an HM would be a crime IMO.

Nothing follows.

seaoflanterns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seaoflanterns

Witty, it's an american curl kitty

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: CATerpillar

Love it!

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie

Thanks! I dig your style, I can always pick yours out.

midgerock

endangeredomega wrote:It's like Meow-schwitz in here. O_o

he needs a stuffed animal. I was thinking of having a stuffed aligator in this and the other Archer design I have up at redbubble.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: A patch of sun

Haha, cats are fast. I'm not sure they actually pass through the intervening space between where they are, and the sunny spot they've just noticed. Instant comfiness.

midgerock

Spiritgreen wrote:Huh! ... I wasn't expecting any kind of controversy with this one. How weird. :^) Thanks bluetuba, goldenthorn, SnowQueen and well, a lot of people, for already saying everything I could have said to explain my thought process and artistic choices here.

I really appreciate all the kind words and enthusiasm for this design. It was a challenging one but I'm happy with it too. Thanks!

to be clear on my part as well SG, my comments are pure critique, whether you accept the feedback or not, that's up to you. But as any artist I appreciate feedback always on my designs and the dialogue of the creative process. You do have talent. There's no question to that extent, and this design is a lovely illustration. But as a shirt design as it is currently it needs some changes. Believe me this is not an attack but one artist critiquing another artist's work. Again, if you think my critique holds no merit since I am the only one stating so then so be it. Good luck.

midgerock

Re: Meow-Ying Meow-Yang

lurvly design. welcome to the woot show you two!

nanalart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nanalart
midgerock wrote:lurvly design. welcome to the woot show you two!

Thank you! I think it was about time!

usopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usopp
Re: Forward, Down, Down forward Paw

i must own this!

nanalart

Re: Babou

Wonderful job!

nanalart

Re: Predators

Oh dear this is awesome XD

nanalart

Re: Nyan's Dream

This is so cute <3

buzatron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzatron
Re: Meow-Ying Meow-Yang

This is great! :D

cpresti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpresti
Re: Snowy Footprints Resub

I attempted to make the trees more obviously tree-like! Enjoy!

Check out my Food design please!

Everbody

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Everbody
Re: seQRet message

Most cats won't look at a camera or artist. Nice 8-bit! Will buy!

------------------------
Quid malmborg im Plano
------------------------

cpresti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpresti
Re: Finally caught it

This is adorable!

Check out my Food design please!

echodawn22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echodawn22
Re: I'm Stuck on You

my cat has this same expression as she clings to my shirt, too. and I have the claw marks to prove it. very well done. kudos!

echodawn22

echodawn22

Re: Catvatar

whimsical and cute. love the sweet kitty expression.

echodawn22

echodawn22

Re: Pocket Kitty

I'm loving this kitty. the expression is so familiar. you caught it just right. only negative is I wish it was bigger and filled the whole tee shirt. but excellent work. and the orange on black is perfect.

echodawn22

schlady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schlady
echodawn22 wrote:I'm loving this kitty. the expression is so familiar. you caught it just right. only negative is I wish it was bigger and filled the whole tee shirt. but excellent work. and the orange on black is perfect.

I think the artist was going for the look of a tiny cat chillin' in a shirt pocket, hence the more portable pocket-sized kitty. But perhaps a large pocket cat could've been cute too, positioned low on the shirt like some kind of kangaroo pouch. :P

"Way to leave room for the rest of us, John."

schlady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schlady
cpresti wrote:I attempted to make the trees more obviously tree-like! Enjoy!

Much better! :D

"Way to leave room for the rest of us, John."

chewietoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chewietoo
Re: KITT-E

I don't like cats much, but this design kicks a**! I love Knight Rider and Trans Ams so you made my hour. Thanks. I hope it makes it.

mitchloidolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitchloidolt
Re: Catman's Quandry

Save the city, catch the signal, save the city, catch the signal, this is a job for... Supercat ;~;

4 colors on black

edit : sorry that link leads to my failed version

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
Re: Grammar Cat

Should have made it a Kitler - would've gotten a few laughs before the Rejectionator takes it out for various reasons.

inspektordogge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages inspektordogge
Re: But I'm Cute

Plagiarism alert! Google "kitten cartoon". For shame!

mitchloidolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitchloidolt
Re: Catman's Quandry

Save the city, catch the signal, save the city, catch the signal, this is a job for... Supercat ;~;

4 colors on black

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Cat-ions

A design for Physics fans!

mhenley20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhenley20
grahamcrackercoyote wrote:Should have made it a Kitler - would've gotten a few laughs before the Rejectionator takes it out for various reasons.

LOL @ Kitler :-)

Jennyusagi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jennyusagi
Re: Maneki Cheshire

So if woot doesn't use your designs, you can still sell them on kawaiinot, right? I really want this and the rainbow cloud one!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Call of Kitty

cheers sg!