skelleton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelleton
Re: Rescue

Everything about this shirt is pure win.

skelleton

Re: Pac-Cat Has 9 Lives

Very cool.

skelleton

Re: Mischief Malice

This looks awesome, but I don't really understand what's going on with that leg.. if that's a leg. o.0

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
AlexIAm wrote:Fair warning... MLB and the Tigers are VERY proprietary about that "D". People get slapped for using it all the time. I suggest you use a similar, but not the same one.

Thanks for the warning. The D I had was not the same but a poor faxsmilie which got the point across, if that makes sense.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
skelleton wrote:Everything about this shirt is pure win.

except for the votes, unfortunately.

move along

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Maneki Cheshire

I find myself keep coming back to this - great colors and style!

Vote!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 206 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: A patch of sun (Sunnier version)

Ah thanks, that's very kind TJost! This was an idea that I wasn't entirely sure I could draw but I pretended it was no big deal and went for it, and hey, it came together pretty well.

Thanks bass' for all the thoughtful feedback. I like this washed out version but I do like the original colors too. If I have another swing at this someday I will add some cheese. ;)

Thanks cptgone & specmachine!

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality
skelleton wrote:This looks awesome, but I don't really understand what's going on with that leg.. if that's a leg. o.0

The four things closest to the ground are legs (including one that's more or less only defined by teal highlighting), the swooshy bandaged furry thing coming up from behind his neck is his tail, which has a pretty sharp curve and unfortunately blends too much with his collar.

sprax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprax
lisonallie wrote:my first woot design, please tell me how I can improve : )

The art looks great. Are you referencing anything in particular?

sprax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprax
Re: Anti-Gravity

Dude it took me a solid 60 seconds to get this one.

cpresti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpresti
bounty42 wrote:I'm going to be alone in this, but I liked the original. The longer I stared at the trees, the more they looked like coats...

I'm sorry!

I'm not sure which way I prefer myself, but if this is more clear, it's probably for the best.

Check out my Food design please!

cpresti

Re: Paw Wars

So...this is amazing and I'm genuinely surprised that this isn't in the fog. It's days like these I suspect this thing is rigged! ;)

philipsantoro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philipsantoro
Re: Friendly Neighborhood Cat

this shirt is sweet I wish I could vote!

ambassadorgrimm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ambassadorgrimm
Re: Grammar Cat

Could anyone let me know a more specific reason for the rejection besides 'Nope.'?

If it's the type of imagery because of the armband, a different approach can be taken with the whole Grammar Cat idea, I just need some feedback to work with. Thanks in advance.

ambassadorgrimm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ambassadorgrimm
ambassadorgrimm wrote:Could anyone let me know a more specific reason for the rejection besides 'Nope.'?

If it's the type of imagery because of the armband, a different approach can be taken with the whole Grammar Cat idea, I just need some feedback to work with. Thanks in advance.

*I just need some feedback with which to work*

>.<

trevorstearns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trevorstearns
Re: COPYCAT

Great design, to bad it was rejected. It's my favorite implementation of this concept that I've seen, and of course in your inimitable style. Hope to see it pop up elsewhere.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: COPYCAT

Collectively, I have more shirts by Walmazan than by any other artist (14 solo, 4 collabs, 3 GJ, 1 TF, 1 TL), so indeed, I have some bias in this.

That said, I firmly believe it's not Radiomode's previous entry but the TeeFury shirt that is the basis of the rejection. TENSO Graphics has had works printed here at Woot too.

Whether it is an unfortunate case of coincidence or indeed an influence from past designs, we will never know. The bottom line is that it's not the first time a well-executed design has been rejected for the SSE rule, and around here, it won't be the last.

strawberryicee

quality posts: 12 Private Messages strawberryicee
Re: Puss in Boot

i don't get it D;

kevlar51

quality posts: 43 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Catastrophic

thanks a lot for the kind words for this everyone

strawberryicee

quality posts: 12 Private Messages strawberryicee
strawberryicee wrote:i don't get it D;

edit: got it. XD

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
ambassadorgrimm wrote:Could anyone let me know a more specific reason for the rejection besides 'Nope.'?

There's a at least two reasons for the rejection, the first and most obvious one is that there is a no text rule this week and you have a "g" on the armband. Second and less well known is that Woot stays away from almost anything to do with N azism or fascism (or basically anything that would cause a stir with religious or political leanings). A third point, that I can't be sure of, is that it appears to be a photo with a filter and outline applied. If that is the case Woot almost always rejects for no photos. I'm guessing that the second reason is the one for the "nope" though. Hope that helps and don't let it discourage you, almost anyone who has printed in a derby here has been rejected before.

hodark

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hodark

cute one

jmf1081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmf1081
Re: Kitty Perry

Shouldn't there be 8?

msgmissy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msgmissy
Narfcake wrote:
The bottom line is that it's not the first time a well-executed design has been rejected for the SSE rule, and around here, it won't be the last.

I sent in my comments to Woot by 'tattling' on another 'SSE' but in case those goes unseen, I'll say it here.

There needs to be a level of consistency with rules.

As with every week, I check honourable mentions. Among them this week is Ochopika's "...This Isn't Working" design which happened to bypass the 'Reason for Rejection: Similar Concepts Exist' rule that I've noticed.

Walmazan's "Copycat" was rejected by this reason. Similar concept? Sure. Same execution? Not by a long shot. His design far surpasses the examples that were displayed above as similar - but with differences (placement of cat, photos of cute faces vs butt pics, the addition of personality where others lack).

I say all of the above, because Ochopika displays very much the same quality of original work, and yet "...This Isn't Working" is VERY similar to this design: http://www.threadless.com/product/439/Ambition_Killed_The_Cat/ ...and *wasn't* rejected.

Ochopika's is better, but then, Walmazan's similar concept is better as well.

NOTE: Example used was only that, an example. No accusation. Both artists have my respect.

My point? If rules are to be established, they need to follow suit with the rest, otherwise it looks unfair.

Personally, I believe Walmazan's "Copycat" rejection is unjust.

popo12345

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popo12345

would have loved a Catbus from totoro :3

cgrant3809

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgrant3809
Re: I'm Stuck on You

So... Copycat got rejected but this is fine? 'Scratches head'

chaoswerecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaoswerecat
Re: Soulmates

I like it. Can you make it less square? The tree roots, the top of the tree and the swing?

moonletters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonletters

I love the simplicity of this!

dracoxargenteus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracoxargenteus
Re: seQRet message

I NEED this shirt. Now. Also, for those of you who don't have super smart phones, try this

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
msgmissy wrote:There needs to be a level of consistency with rules.

No arguments from me on this part!

cpresti

Re: Cat-Plunk!

Alright, I'm not trying to be rude but why is this is the fog? It's cute an' all, but there are certainly better ones.

abuffalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abuffalo

This is so touching. Are they going to make it? Please tell me they're going to make it. I need to know. It's important.

What? No, I just... got something in my eye. Yeah, both of them. ...shut up!

tstack64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tstack64
Re: Nuclear Hairball

I'd buy this! I wish this shirt could exist... sorry about the rejection. Well done

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal
Re: The Artist

Oh my. I'm going to the 100th Cherry Blossom Festival in DC in March & I would LOVE to wear this while there! It would be perfect! Then I would wear it the rest of the year because I love cats.

guppy808

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guppy808
Re: Cat-ions

A purr-fect design, I want one so bad!!

catrionab90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catrionab90
Re: Scribble Cats

NIce!

SteveBook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SteveBook
Re: Radiocativity

Okay, the cat is not radioactive. However, if you want to pick him up, be sure to wear protective clothing.

trevorstearns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trevorstearns

Love the abstract look, great design!

rowanmikaio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowanmikaio

I'd love to get this, but it's too close to http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=15832
for me to buy it, since I already have coffee stain cats. I do like it, though!

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
flemtone wrote:This is very nicely done.

Thanks,I appreciate the complement.