rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001
Re: Rescue

I love love love this (and I'm not a cat person), but what's up with the front paws? Aren't they about a foot too far from the cat's body?

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001
Re: Nyan's Dream

Nice design, but doesn't the rainbow have some type of alternative connotation?

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
rugrats2001 wrote:Nice design, but doesn't the rainbow have some type of alternative connotation?

You are worried that the pillow is homosexual?

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
kyrstenburroughs wrote:This is the only one I wanted...why was it rejected!?

One of the derby's many many rules is that woot does not want the submitted shirt designs to be TOO similar to an existing shirt. If there is a shirt with the same concept, execution, or joke, the design runs the risk of getting rejected. This is determined by the woot staff... otherwise known as the great and powerful REJECTIONATORRRR.

Of course to throw a wrench into the idea that this rule is consistent: the person or persons acting as the rectionator may not always be the same, also some designs seem similar but have new elements, or are drawn in an interesting new way, or use an old joke slightly differently, or sometimes woot doesn't get around to rejecting shirts until quite late, or even in some cases NEVER due to some complications we never hear about.

This can be quite disheartening to a lot of people regardless of how the axe falls on the designs. Whether one wishes the 4 designs with the pocket cats, of which there are MANY many examples of previous shirts existing, would actually be rejected(I'm looking at you woot) or that this shirt, Copy Cat, that had two examples of existing shirts to compare to wasn't rejected; the rules are still up to woot's discretion as to how to and when to enforce. Much to many people's dismay.

Sometimes no one notices and shirts sneak by(there are a ton of examples in this derby right now, just sneaking on by) but than sometimes everyone notices and woot STILL lets the shirt pass on by, and then for a change of pace sometimes shirts get mercilessly rejected even if they aren't that similar at all. It's a toss up. Basically it's suggested that artists check to see if someone has done the idea as a shirt before you make it for the derby. Google is your friend.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: spirit of the kitten

This is a great style! GMV.

(Btw, the image quality on your thumbnail and comp suffer a little in some browsers because they're too big. Ideally the thumbnail should be 240x240 and the shirtcomp 580x580. That can avoid them getting pixellated or blurry.)

milklover3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages milklover3000
Re: Kitty Pop Art

Cool Shirt!

arienb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arienb
DianaSprinkle wrote:"Cat Tree"

Tree, tree, tree, made of cats. I hid a dog in the bark as well. =D

Sorry this is sooo late, but I figured I'd do one last kitty shirt.

What a gorgeous and clever detail! I love it.

kyrstenburroughs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyrstenburroughs
Re: Playtime!!!

This is the cutest cat, but the guy is so weird looking.

inspektordogge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages inspektordogge
Re: Three's a Crowd

Although I don't like pocket designs, I like this one better than the one in the fog, so GMV.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Cat Tree

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=58710

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402

Very nice! Love the colors!

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
Re: Stray Observation

three colors on black. something i saw in the neighborhood a few months back.

laggyg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
brrneon wrote:Its older than that, think back to the very first street fighter game and if he is trying to do the Shoryuken then it should be his right paw on fire.

His right paw IS on fire, if you look at it the right way. It's one of those mind tricks...it's a silouette, so no telling the true positioning of the kitty =P

blukat44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blukat44
Re: Maneki Cheshire

I love this and want this soo badly!!!

blukat44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blukat44
meedox wrote:Yeah, it's me. The kawaii kinda seeps into everything, right? XD

Haha... No wonder....

eburgeson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eburgeson
Re: seQRet message

Hilarious!!! Must get in. If not, maybe an Editor's Fav? Woot, are you listening????????

blueskies815

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blueskies815
Re: COPYCAT

Similar shirts exist? The execution of the idea is nowhere near the same (tee fury v. walmazan). Bad call woot. I'll be looking for this design to print elsewhere too!

laggyg

Re: Recently Decalwed

I hope you're happy when your cat starts biting things (including you) instead, because it has no other defense mechanism. You best not EVER let that cat go outdoors without its claws...

laggyg

Re: Drizzt and Guen

Oh wow I need this shirt...I love Calvin and Hobbes, AND Drizzt and Guenhyvar...but never in a million years thought I would see a mash-up lol! NICE work.

laggyg

Re: Mischief Malice

Oooh, if you DO self-pub please send me a PM (if you don't mind) of when and where you do! I'd LOVE one...or three! lol =D

laggyg

frankentoast wrote:You've never heard of Thundercats?...

Must be a real young'un. Or totally sheltered lol =P

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

Very clever with the dog. GMV (for all 7 entries, actually).

sprax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprax
Re: Meowssion Impossible

Don't want to be negative here, but the checkerboard in the background seems unnecessary.

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

Those who can, do; those who can't, copy. Guess which one you are, nblottie?

judehawthorne

quality posts: 5 Private Messages judehawthorne
Re: Lucky at last

To Ramyb... I think I should just start a tab with you. I seem to buy your shirts a lot.

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone
Re: Can Can Cats

nice!

bethany3cat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bethany3cat

This is quite beautifully done. For me it evokes, images of KoKo with her "baby."

samuraikiss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samuraikiss
nblottie wrote:Thought this would make a great companion shirt to the Boba Fetch one I did. Closest I've had to a sequel shirt. Next up will be Clone Trooper Sheep...

I'm kicking myself for not buying Boba Fetch now. I want the entire trilogy!

gina3graces

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gina3graces

This is exquisite! Wow, speechless; so beyond brilliant!

gina3graces

Powerful and moving; PLEASE WOOT, PLEASE, PRINT THIS. It's so awesome on so many levels; the emotions it summons; the brawn and the tenderness; totally weep-worthy, Woot! Weep-worthy!

gina3graces

Rescue Robot Risking Rust --- EPIC SWOON!!!!

redburr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redburr

I am sad this one got the boot I loved the design and such. From what I can see of others similar to it, they are very dissimilar compared to others in this derby that are getting by. Ah well I guess that's the nature of this beast. I just hope it's not all star wars shirt's that win. :/

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: We Are Siamese v2

From all your designs up for voting this week, I enjoy this the must!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Can Can Cats

Too bad this is so late in the derby. It really is a great piece!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Three to a Tee

The thumbnail background and the shirt color do not match - at least on my computer. Also, I don't think this is a shirt color woot offers. Both are normally reasons for rejection. Since it is so late in the derby (it closes later today), I doubt you will get rejected - or all the votes this deserves. But I hope to see more work from you, so keep all this mind

arienm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arienm
anemality wrote:After woot's 2 month hold is up I'll see what I can do.

Same as laggyg here. I really like this and would love to buy it somewhere. Please send me a PM if you do self-publish!

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
Re: Nyan's Dream

I have not been enamored (and have been slightly irritated at times) by the nyan cat, and although I love cats, I tend to get tired of their pervasiveness on the internet and all...

But I want this shirt so desperately it hurts.

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional

I think QR codes should count as text. It's the same lazy design choice that the whole shirt rests on. Really, this would have no more than a few votes if it weren't for the code.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
Re: seQRet message

I love the idea and the image itself...but honestly, I feel like the gray clashes with the green too much. I know, I'm picky...but that's how I manage not to go broke everytime I visit Woot ^^;