escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar

I think my problem with this shirt is that it's a bit mean-spirited, something I don't expect from Woot or this artist.

Ah well, tomorrow is another shirt.

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

Michael Vick likes this shirt.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
escapecar wrote:I think my problem with this shirt is that it's a bit mean-spirited, something I don't expect from Woot or this artist.

Ah well, tomorrow is another shirt.

You should expect it from both Woot and the artist. "mean-spirited" is a common theme around here and enjoyed by many. Including myself. I suppose this one may be especially "mean" in some opinions, but I don't mind it.

Nothing follows.

laizurkainon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages laizurkainon
daefaroth wrote:Not to quibble but "pantsu" just means underpants, with no real specification for style or gender. Reference the episode of Chobits when Chii goes to the store to buy pantsu and comes back with boxers.

As such, Underpants Snake X isn't too far from joke to still have meaning.

When someone in Japan says "pantsu" they usually mean "women's panties". Granted, the literal definition is a bit more broad, and actually includes shorts, slacks, and swim trunks. It just hasn't actually meant that to anyone in awhile.

It's a little opposite of the way the words "Awesome" and more recently "Epic" went in English, if that makes sense.

In fact, now that I think about it, the literal definition might have still been a thing around when reboot aired the episode, so "trouser snake" might still work normally.

Reference my years and years of speaking Japanese.

laizurkainon

laizurkainon wrote:When someone in Japan says "pantsu" they usually mean "women's panties". Granted, the literal definition is a bit more broad, and actually includes shorts, slacks, and swim trunks. It just hasn't actually meant that to anyone in awhile.

It's a little opposite of the way the words "Awesome" and more recently "Epic" went in English, if that makes sense.

In fact, now that I think about it, the literal definition might have still been a thing around when reboot aired the episode, so "trouser snake" might still work normally.

Reference my years and years of speaking Japanese.

Now that I think about it MORE, the changing definition of pantsu makes what the "shorts-enthusiant" trainer kid in the original (and a few subsequent) versions of pokemon awkwardly hilarious.

bluedrgn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluedrgn

the gritty write-up reminded me of that live action pokemon trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDX1m0Y2Vkg

I would still totally see that movie.

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

Pikachu had it easy. Why, when I was a pokemon we had to stay in our pokeballs until it was fightin' time.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn
efooter wrote:I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause

Herman Cain? Is that you?

\

laizurkainon

jon98gn wrote:Herman Cain? Is that you?

I still can't believe that the quote he picked was the quote he picked.

RobotDCLXVI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobotDCLXVI

Hey, when did the price go up to $12?

wtfmate001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wtfmate001

It disappoints me supremely that Woot has chosen "the great one" for a daily, right after another print from "the great one."

It seems to me that Woot isn't even trying to hide their favoritism on here. Frequently, they turn a blind eye to his blatant design ripping in the derbies as well as his bending of the rules.

But what really disgusts me is the fact that among my artist friends, I see a lot of great, original, well illustrated designs submitted to the Woot machine for dailies, only to be rejected. And while they pass on their wonderful art, they instead select this unimpressive illustration involving copyrighted characters hardly (debatable)in parody. My personal favorite stories on this very subject come from 2 artist friends of mine who were turned down for dailies with the mere reason of they had just printed with a derby win.

But what else should I expect from a site that can probably track 60% of their tee sales from "the anointed one" who week after week rips off other artist's work, has a spotted past with definitive proof that he is a cheater along with an old accomplice who is arguably still around under a different alias, consistently buys his own shirts to keep them in the reckoning, regurgitates the same art work time after time again, as well as has hissy fits with other artists in the derbies who are class acts and have never said an ill word against him in public forum, simply because they are experiencing some success and threatening his throne. Don't believe me? Pay attention to his comments and activity in the derbies.

This daily is a travesty and a disturbing view of things to come in Woot world. It makes me wonder what is really going on in the Woot offices when they select artwork.

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung

Ash got hurt plenty of times in the show.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

wtfmate001 wrote:
My personal favorite stories on this very subject come from 2 artist friends of mine who were turned down for dailies with the mere reason of they had just printed with a derby win.

Are you sure that was why? It wouldn't make sense since daily submissions tend to print weeks or even a couple months after they're accepted. Also, there have been other artists who've printed dailies or editor's choice the same week they've won a derby.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

RobotDCLXVI wrote:Hey, when did the price go up to $12?

A while ago.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wtfmate001 wrote:It disappoints me supremely that Woot has chosen "the great one" for a daily, right after another print from "the great one."

Uhm, could be because dailies are committed to quite a bit in advance and there was no way to know Ramy would have won yesterday.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

treesha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treesha

This t-shirt isn't true! Ash always tries to call Pikachu out of battle if he gets hurt, like in the gym match against Lt. Surge. Ash doesn't urge Pikachu (or any of his other Pokemon for that matter) to keep fighting if he's already hurt. In fact, as someone else pointed out earlier, Ash is often seen sacrificing himself to save Pikachu and the rest of his Pokemon (like in the new Black/White movie, in which Ash almost died).

Also, the other comments exhibit Pokemon misconception #1. If you actually watch the show with an open mind, you would know that the Pokemon battle to get stronger and more mature, not to satisfy the sadistic cravings of their trainers. Ash's Caterpie grew up and then went to go live in the wild with the rest of the Butterfree; Ash traded Aipom for Buizel because Buizel liked showing off his strength in battle; Cassandra tried to get Paras to battle so it would become the stronger Parasect; etc.

Sorry for sounding so defensive; Pokemon was pretty much my entire childhood, and words cannot describe how disappointed I am that the first Pokemon Woot shirt I see printed is so negative.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
wtfmate001 wrote:This daily is a travesty

Count your lucky stars that your life is so serene that seeing a tshirt you don't like ranks as a travesty!

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris

What a relief. For a minute there, I thought Woot was cracking down on these too-close-for-comfort "parodies".

Yep, we can run this.

wheretheworldmeets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wheretheworldmeets

I'm sorry, Woot, but this T-shirt is terrible. We all know Ash cares deeply about Pikachu. This T-shirt is an insult to the legendary Pokemon series. (or at least the first two seasons or so)

treesha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treesha
wheretheworldmeets wrote:I'm sorry, Woot, but this T-shirt is terrible. We all know Ash cares deeply about Pikachu. This T-shirt is an insult to the legendary Pokemon series. (or at least the first two seasons or so)

I totally agree!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

kagamari

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kagamari

People on woot.shirt are ether pissed about
A. it being ramyb (hatters gonna hate)
B. It being a pop-culture reference
C. It being to artsy for a shirt
D. Blahblahblah Heather grey
E. That they don't have enough money.

Ethir way this is a great shirt, Yeah, its not super technically supper fantastic art work. It will look good on a t-shirt.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First Day Sales: 1440

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

wheretheworldmeets wrote:I'm sorry, Woot, but this T-shirt is terrible. We all know Ash cares deeply about Pikachu. This T-shirt is an insult to the legendary Pokemon series. (or at least the first two seasons or so)

Is that why he battles him in a cockfighting ring?

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: leontko
Last purchase time: Monday, February 13, 2012, 11:59:00 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 59.958s
Woot wage: $3,752.60
Woots sold: 1440

Last wooter to woot: pinklemondrop
Last purchase time: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 12:13:19 AM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 0.513s
Woot wage: $3,715.64
Woots sold: 1441

First day sales - 1440
And that ends our Ramyb fest. See you next year! ;)

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
kagamari wrote:People on woot.shirt* are ether pissed* about
A. it being ramyb (hatters gonna hate*)
B. It being a pop-culture reference
C. It being to artsy* for a shirt
D. Blahblahblah Heather grey
E. That they don't have enough money.

Ethir way* this is a great shirt, Yeah, its not super technically supper fantastic* art work. It will look good on a t-shirt.

*woot.shirt: An alternate shirt site that sells woots.
*ether pissed: being so strung out on ether, you piss yourself.
*hatters gonna hate: Of course, they are known to be quite mad.
*to artsy: from: kagamari. "I think I love you".
*Ethir way*: The street where I grew up.
*supper fantastic: Yes, it was quite tasty indeed.

move along

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

tgentry wrote:Is that why he battles him in a cockfighting ring?

lol! Exactly.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
j5 wrote:*woot.shirt: An alternate shirt site that sells woots.
*ether pissed: being so strung out on ether, you piss yourself.
*hatters gonna hate: Of course, they are known to be quite mad.
*to artsy: from: kagamari. "I think I love you".
*Ethir way*: The street where I grew up.
*supper fantastic: Yes, it was quite tasty indeed.

Supper Fantastic sounds like something my Chinese takeout place sells.

Nothing follows.

syndaki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages syndaki
efooter wrote:I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause

I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Each Pokemon to understand
the power thats insiiiiiide

jediiy2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jediiy2k

This shirt doesn't depict Ash who we all know and love from the series. It's obviously Red from the Silver/Gold series. The lovable protagonist from the original games defeated Giovanni and Team Rocket, bested the Elite Four, captured the unbelievably powerful Mewtwo, and spiraled into madness finally settling alone on Mt. Silver.

As the idiom goes, absolute power corrupts absolutely... even in Kanto.

bandwagn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bandwagn

Can I just say that normal shipping is HORRIBLE. Ordered on the day before valentines day and have yet to receive it. I think that they just sit on oders for a couple days if you don't pay for upgraded shipping and then mail it the slowest way possible (FedEx hands it over to USPS for sorting). Should only take 2-3 days to get anywhere in the US. /end rant

kerrykazan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kerrykazan

This shirt is funny. I ordered it. I am going to wear it. I do not think it will make kids cry, I think they will think it is funny too.

laurenfly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurenfly

I bought this the instant it was online, and I just received it today. I love it so much, and it makes me laugh. What else would I ever want in a shirt?

JCamp4321

quality posts: 9 Private Messages JCamp4321

Wouldn't want to make an Ash of myself...

HAMMER TIME!!!

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung

yup as soon as i saw it, it became egoraptor lol