adorabrooke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adorabrooke
crazydoglady wrote:Suggestion: a few weeks before Mother's Day the weekly special should include Bake It So and Makin’ Bread as aprons. They'd make great Mother's Day gifts!

I'm in for one of each!

adorabrooke

citizencoyote wrote:Heck, at this point I think the regulars who post here are as guilty of trying to save designs as anyone else!

True, but we don't gain financially from "saving" a shirt we like.

adorabrooke

Question: Do artists receive any compensation at all from Random Woots? (I'm sure that this has been asked before, so sorry.) Just curious.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
adorabrooke wrote:Question: Do artists receive any compensation at all from Random Woots? (I'm sure that this has been asked before, so sorry.) Just curious.

No they don't.

mrsstudrobinson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrsstudrobinson
jhgalvas wrote:Maybe now that woot is doing weekly themed alternate sales thingys they can post a bunch of past Star Wars shirts. There must be 50+ out there.

One can only hope.

And also maybe make a suggestion to anyone who has the ability to influence that kind of stuff.

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar

Depending on this weekend's catshirtapalooza, we could have 5 or 6 noobs with a legitimate chance to escape next week.

The Monday morning tension on 2/27 will be exquisite.

treyj86

quality posts: 2 Private Messages treyj86

Sad day One of 1he very first shirt woots I have may be dying, though it's probaby also my favorite.

RIP Acquired Taste

waveformblue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages waveformblue
treyj86 wrote:Sad day One of 1he very first shirt woots I have may be dying, though it's probaby also my favorite.

RIP Acquired Taste

It was already dead.

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar
treyj86 wrote:Sad day One of 1he very first shirt woots I have may be dying, though it's probaby also my favorite.

RIP Acquired Taste

Shirts 19-22 in the Reckoning are really, really close right now. There's plenty of time for the Zombies to climb out of the grave. Again.

WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Friday's here and you know what that means: time to remind you guys about the shirts facing imminent doom in our Reckoning! Every Monday we count the stats, yadda yadda yadda, at midnight we cut the Danger Zone shirts loose. So this weekend, take a second and peruse the Reckoning. You might pick up a shirt or two if they catch your eye.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

RIP Acquired Taste

It's only Friday, and of this post it's back out. Expect it to jump around a lot over the weekend.

On another note, I just can't bring myself to vote for any of the current derby entries if they reference Mario or Nintendo. It seems like phoning it in to me (even if the design is clever).

rockymike

quality posts: 15 Private Messages rockymike
escapecar wrote:Depending on this weekend's catshirtapalooza, we could have 5 or 6 noobs with a legitimate chance to escape next week.

The Monday morning tension on 2/27 will be exquisite.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I am predicting the end of Nevermore with Reckoning #237. Because it's not going to go out without taking the half the field with it.

Yeah, so there's that...

jhgalvas

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas
crazydoglady wrote:Suggestion: a few weeks before Mother's Day the weekly special should include Bake It So and Makin’ Bread as aprons. They'd make great Mother's Day gifts!

I had me an idea, I did! What if woot hosted a derby with the theme of "cooking" and offered the winners both as T's AND aprons! They could ship the t-shirts regular and treat the aprons like advance orders to ship at a later date. Now how does one officially submit an idea to the woot overlords?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jhgalvas wrote:I had me an idea, I did! What if woot hosted a derby with the theme of "cooking" and offered the winners both as T's AND aprons! They could ship the t-shirts regular and treat the aprons like advance orders to ship at a later date. Now how does one officially submit an idea to the woot overlords?

I'll make a note of it, pass it onwards.

I'm just hanging out, really.

jhgalvas

inkycatz wrote:I'll make a note of it, pass it onwards.

Thanks overlord!

Narfcake

citizencoyote wrote:A year ago I would have agreed with you. Heck, six months ago I would have agreed with you. These past couple months, however, have altered my opinion. ...

There have been three big points that the anti-Ramy crowd had ... the sales manipulation, the ballot box stuffing, and the "phoning it in" designs.

Indeed, I started doing the numbers to put some quantitative aspects to what was going on every Monday morning ... and then it sorta mushroomed from there, but that's not the discussion right now. The sales tracking did bring to light that (1) the numbers were not as crazy as some folks purported them to be, (2) how tight of a race it can be some weeks, and (3) he was not the only "guilty" artist, which brought up that whole discussion that one week.

The ballot box stuffing, I never believed. I'm not saying it's non-existant either, but it's no different than when friends and family autovote for other artists too. My reasoning is the sales-to-votes numbers and the lack of "derby bunions", aka derby winners that sold less than 1000 (he's had one). If it's anything that closed this argument for good, it's Cell Division, which outsold and outlasted all the other designs from the double take derby; it was 30th place in votes.

Designs, there were to main styles associated - chibi and flowing - and the naysayers had a point. Some supporters had their arguments too, in which I ultimately did take notice of. If there's any design in which I felt was the turning point from "no way am I'm supporting this" to "it's actually not bad", it would be Aztec Sunset.

Am I in 0% support these days, like I was a year ago? Not anymore.

Am I in 100% support these days? No. Even my favorite artists don't get auto-votes for every entry they do. More than that, the past can't be completely ignored either. I can, however, accept moving forward in the positive direction, in which I am seeing - the desire to diversify exists now, and that being sloppy is not a valid excuse for style. It all great now? No, there's still progress to be made. Less turbunguins? Please. Less reliance on pop culture? That would be nice too; when Woot's writers are openly cracking jokes about it, it's a sign.

Last year, picking up a used copy of My Lucky Day almost felt like $2 misspent.

Today, I sure didn't mind dropping $12 and being first sucker for Lucky at Last.

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
Narfcake wrote:That would be nice too; when Woot's writers are openly cracking jokes about it, it's a sign.

Today, I sure didn't mind dropping $12 and being first sucker for Lucky at Last.

Out of curiosity, because I am somewhat new around these parts, but have been reading back info from the forums, were the 'jokes' being made this week re: 'color of money' and 'if you came to complain'? I wanna be hip and with it, coolio, alright, dude? Tubular!

As for 'Lucky at Last' -- part of me wants to buy it because the idea is cute, and I have a black cat. However, it feels like a shirt I'd only feel comfortable wearing right around St. Patty's Day, which, coincidentally, is just around the corner.

I can't help but feel like that was some weird emotional/sale manipulation right there. I don't like having my emotions/sales manipulated, thank you very much!

I saw this darn shirt at 10:30ish my time last night, and I am still on the fence about it. Grr. I also don't own any ramyb designs, but that is neither here nor there.

I will say that I predict this will drop out of the reckoning right quick once the holiday o'drinky greenness has passed. I also feel bad for late buyers who snap it up for that purpose, unaware of how slowly a laden African swallow travels.

Narfcake

margiecakes wrote:Out of curiosity, because I am somewhat new around these parts, but have been reading back info from the forums, were the 'jokes' being made this week re: 'color of money' and 'if you came to complain'? I wanna be hip and with it, coolio, alright, dude? Tubular!

The bio for Cell Division sums it up the best: "The community is divided on Ramyb, but his shirts always cell. An artist works with what he knows."

As for 'Lucky at Last' -- part of me wants to buy it because the idea is cute, and I have a black cat. However, it feels like a shirt I'd only feel comfortable wearing right around St. Paddy's Day, which, coincidentally, is just around the corner. ...

Slow Death and Haunted Housework are Halloween-ish, but that hasn't stopped me from wearing them any other time!

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
margiecakes wrote:
As for 'Lucky at Last' -- part of me wants to buy it because the idea is cute, and I have a black cat. However, it feels like a shirt I'd only feel comfortable wearing right around St. Paddy's Day, which, coincidentally, is just around the corner.

My philosophy: there are two kinds of shirt.woot buyers: those that have a small, select collection of shirts that they wear regularly and the woot addicts with a large selection of shirts that includes holiday shirts that are worn only a few weeks a year. I have shirts for Day of the Dead, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and still have plenty of shirts for the rest of the year. So ask yourself - are you addicted? If there's even a chance that you are I recommend that you buy the shirt because (take it from me) you'll regret it if you don't.

ETA: Even though this is ideal for St. Pat's it's actually a pretty good spring/summer shirt IMHO

Narfcake

crazydoglady wrote:... and the woot addicts with a large selection of shirts that includes holiday shirts that are worn only a few weeks a year.

Weeks? Try once a year!.

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
Narfcake wrote:Weeks? Try once a year!.

LOL - You hard-core addicts are in a class by yourselves!

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
crazydoglady wrote:My philosophy: there are two kinds of shirt.woot buyers: those that have a small, select collection of shirts that they wear regularly and the woot addicts with a large selection of shirts that includes holiday shirts that are worn only a few weeks a year. I have shirts for Day of the Dead, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and still have plenty of shirts for the rest of the year. So ask yourself - are you addicted? If there's even a chance that you are I recommend that you buy the shirt because (take it from me) you'll regret it if you don't.

ETA: Even thought this is ideal for St. Pat's it's actually a pretty good spring/summer shirt IMHO

Your comment preserves forever my mistaken typing of 'St. Paddy's' vs. 'St. Patty's,' and for that I will curse you to my death. (Or, you know, just kick myself, and my blasted internet connection and this migraine that has been flirting with my head two days after the initial incapacitating blow was struck and partially defeated.)

That being said, I have a bit of a shirt.woot addiction. My boyfriend bought shirts for me before I myself signed up -- around Christmas -- to get one for him. At that point I began receiving the nightly reminders, and since then I have bought twelve or so shirts (plus extra randoms for my brother, using my boy's account), and I find myself waiting to not go to bed until I see what the shirt of the day is. This is quite remarkable considering that I didn't even wear shirts with prints on them until my boyfriend got me hooked with 'Teacher Talks Funny.'

On my commute today I was even contemplating my unhealthy (for my pocketbook) habit, and how sustainable it is. I have, however, mostly stuck with shirts I know I can get away with rocking to work, or any old day of the year.

I just feel like I'd feel as awkward wearing this in, say, August, as I would if I wore my random pumpkin/Halloween shirt in March. Even though I wouldn't consider myself the biggest pragmatist, this is too far from pragmatic, even for me.

I'm still a little on the fence. I imagine if I do buy, it will not be today. Maybe I will hope for catching on in a randoms buy or swap, so I can shake off my sense that it is a seasonal gag, if that makes sense.

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond
crazydoglady wrote:My philosophy: there are two kinds of shirt.woot buyers: those that have a small, select collection of shirts that they wear regularly and the woot addicts with a large selection of shirts that includes holiday shirts that are worn only a few weeks a year. I have shirts for Day of the Dead, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and still have plenty of shirts for the rest of the year. So ask yourself - are you addicted? If there's even a chance that you are I recommend that you buy the shirt because (take it from me) you'll regret it if you don't.

ETA: Even though this is ideal for St. Pat's it's actually a pretty good spring/summer shirt IMHO

It's fun to pull out the Christmas shirts in the summer for a Christmas in July week. Yes, the Ugly Holiday Sweaters may get odd looks, but hey, at least they're not made of wool.

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee
meepee wrote:And....
both cats slip into the danger zone! Which one will make it out?

The answer is both. As of now. 8D

Narfcake

I won't be surprised if there will be a new #1 next week ...

Legend: Current rank (Baseline rank) Shirt Name - (Additional sales) and total quantity as of this posting. Refer to the beginning of this reckoning for the baseline sales numbers. DSR are for informational purposes only and not 100% accurate.
1 (1) Shhhhhhh - (+257) to 8853. Approx. 78.78 real time DSR; 71.89 Woot-based DSR
2 (5) Family Portrait - (+207) to 3756. Approx. 63.25 real time DSR; 46.95 Woot-based DSR
3 (2) Lifetime Achievement Award - (+138) to 3780. Approx. 42.25 real time DSR; 37.44 Woot-based DSR
4 (4) Family Breakfast - (+141) to 13038. Approx. 34.01 real time DSR; 31.04 Woot-based DSR
5 (3) Playing Koi - (+54) to 3525. Approx. 34.23 real time DSR; 29.15 Woot-based DSR
6 (6) We’re more than famous! - (+80) to 4502. Approx. 29.31 real time DSR; 26.6 Woot-based DSR
7 (23) Blending In - (+117) to 1814. Approx. 39 real time DSR; 26.27 Woot-based DSR
8 (7) Hold Still Guys! - (+67) to 3230. Approx. 27.55 real time DSR; 25.14 Woot-based DSR
9 (8) Motivation - (+67) to 5829. Approx. 25.75 real time DSR; 23.5 Woot-based DSR
10 (9) The Binge - (+111) to 55782. Approx. 24.26 real time DSR; 22.14 Woot-based DSR
11 (10) Elements of Life - (+63) to 2218. Approx. 26.2 real time DSR; 22.06 Woot-based DSR
12 (22) Going to a Cheesier Place - (+85) to 1901. Approx. 29.91 real time DSR; 21.29 Woot-based DSR
13 (11) They See Me Rollin' - (+97) to 4175. Approx. 22.19 real time DSR; 20.25 Woot-based DSR
14 (12) Blossom - (+55) to 1991. Approx. 24.23 real time DSR; 20.14 Woot-based DSR
15 (13) It Came Out Of Nowhere - (+71) to 37246. Approx. 20.43 real time DSR; 18.64 Woot-based DSR
16 (17) Nevermore - (+87) to 46307. Approx. 20.19 real time DSR; 18.43 Woot-based DSR
17 (16) Unstealthiest Ninja II: The Unstealthening - (+81) to 5527. Approx. 20.12 real time DSR; 18.36 Woot-based DSR
18 (20) Makin’ Bread - (+116) to 8318. Approx. 20.08 real time DSR; 18.32 Woot-based DSR
19 (14) Code of Arms - (+72) to 4736. Approx. 20.04 real time DSR; 18.29 Woot-based DSR
20 (18) Acquired Taste - (+91) to 21561. Approx. 19.92 real time DSR; 18.18 Woot-based DSR
21 (19) Schrödinger’s Equation - (+110) to 7596. Approx. 19.88 real time DSR; 18.14 Woot-based DSR
22 (15) Run Away! Run Away! - (+67) to 10903. Approx. 19.72 real time DSR; 18 Woot-based DSR
23 (21) The Birthplace of Inspiration - (+73) to 4596. Approx. 17.53 real time DSR; 16 Woot-based DSR
24 (24) I like you, but… - (+46) to 1618. Approx. 13.53 real time DSR; 10.88 Woot-based DSR
25 (25) Robo Hobo - (+14) to 862. Approx. 5.97 real time DSR; 4.7 Woot-based DSR
26 (26) Sissy Sea Fight - (+20) to 556. Approx. 6.46 real time DSR; 4.95 Woot-based DSR
91 (91) Best Friends Forever - (+82) to 1522. Approx. 20.24 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
92 (92) The Pen and The Sword - (+137) to 2002. Approx. 44.9 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
93 (93) Hey! Listen! - (+172) to 2899. Approx. 83.85 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
94 (94) Force Equation - (+62) to 2028. Approx. 58.97 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
95 (95) Lucky at last - 5473.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Narfcake wrote:I won't be surprised if there will be a new #1 next week ...

I'm looking forward to the shake-up next week. Looks like four of the current new roster could climb to the top twenty and maybe possibly if today and Sunday's shirts have the numbers. That means we could be saying farewell to some of the more familiar shirts in the reckoning.

Rhonwyn22

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Rhonwyn22

Where the heck do you keep all these shirts? I have bought shirts for myself and for my family. My teenage daughter rolls her eyes every time I wear a new shirt. I need to buy another dresser as these shirts appear to breed like rabbits.

Narfcake

Earlier than usual tonight, along with the realization tonight that this week's reckoning beats a record last set in Reckoning #81 - most shirts by one artist at any given moment. The difference is that all 7 are solo designs this time around, whereas last time, it was 5 solo + 2 collaborations.

Legend: Current rank (Baseline rank) Shirt Name - (Additional sales) and total quantity as of this posting . Refer to the beginning of this reckoning for the baseline sales numbers.
1 (1) Shhhhhhh - (+292) to 8888
2 (5) Family Portrait - (+241) to 3790
3 (2) Lifetime Achievement Award - (+163) to 3805
4 (4) Family Breakfast - (+157) to 13054
5 (3) Playing Koi - (+62) to 3533
6 (6) We’re more than famous! - (+92) to 4514
7 (23) Blending In - (+129) to 1826
8 (7) Hold Still Guys! - (+76) to 3239
9 (8) Motivation - (+76) to 5838
10 (10) Elements of Life - (+84) to 2239
11 (9) The Binge - (+124) to 55795
12 (22) Going to a Cheesier Place - (+97) to 1913
13 (12) Blossom - (+66) to 2002
14 (11) They See Me Rollin' - (+113) to 4191
15 (17) Nevermore - (+113) to 46333
16 (13) It Came Out Of Nowhere - (+86) to 37261
17 (16) Unstealthiest Ninja II: The Unstealthening - (+99) to 5545
18 (18) Acquired Taste - (+112) to 21582
19 (14) Code of Arms - (+90) to 4754
20 (20) Makin’ Bread - (+133) to 8335
21 (19) Schrödinger’s Equation - (+132) to 7618
22 (15) Run Away! Run Away! - (+87) to 10923
23 (21) The Birthplace of Inspiration - (+89) to 4612
24 (24) I like you, but… - (+47) to 1619
25 (25) Robo Hobo - (+17) to 865
26 (26) Sissy Sea Fight - (+20) to 556
91 (91) Best Friends Forever - (+86) to 1526
92 (92) The Pen and The Sword - (+153) to 2018
93 (93) Hey! Listen! - (+196) to 2923
94 (94) Force Equation - (+77) to 2043
95 (95) Lucky at last - (+245) to 5718

17 to 21 have been swapping places all day ... it's going to be another crazy Monday, as it might not be too long before 15 and 16 get caught up in the fight also, not to mention 22, which is a bit behind but not out of the realm of recovery.

rockymike

quality posts: 15 Private Messages rockymike

It's seems almost certain now that at least five of next week's noobs are going to break into the top 20. I know this has been glossed over several times already, but my anxiety is already rising at the thought of next Monday. So much that I've completely forgotten that there's a reckoning this Monday.

In other news, I have now bought the top two winners in the last two derbys. Even got first sucker on Nyan's Dream. I think you guys are getting to be a bad influence on my wallet.

Yeah, so there's that...

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
meepee wrote:And....
both cats slip into the danger zone! Which one will make it out?

meepee wrote:The answer is both. As of now. 8D

Called it! I could still be wrong, but I'm going to bask in my moment of rightness, brief as it may be.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet
rockymike wrote:It's seems almost certain now that at least five of next week's noobs are going to break into the top 20. I know this has been glossed over several times already, but my anxiety is already rising at the thought of next Monday. So much that I've completely forgotten that there's a reckoning this Monday.

In other news, I have now bought the top two winners in the last two derbys. Even got first sucker on Nyan's Dream. I think you guys are getting to be a bad influence on my wallet.

That first first sucker is nice but then you want more, more ,more....

Narfcake

gricomet wrote:That first first sucker is nice but then you want more, more ,more....

To be truly epic (or just a huge nerd), you have to be first AND last ...

ianleino

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ianleino

Another week, and another super-close reckoning. Whatever happens tomorrow, thanks to everyone who's supported my "Code of Arms" design so far and helped it become my own personal best selling shirt at Woot!

Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Google+
My Shop [/url]

jhgalvas

As of right now the seven new shirts have all had pretty good sales this week. Looking forward to the fight next week!

Best Friends Forever 1532
The Pen and the Sword 2030
Hey! Listen! 2946
Force Equation 2064
Lucky at Last 5885
Nyan's Dream 2859
The Artist 1945

I guess what we learn from all of this is that references to Pokemon, literature, Zelda, Star Wars/Physics Cats and Internet memes sell.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
jhgalvas wrote:I guess what we learn from all of this is that references to Pokemon, literature, Zelda, Star Wars/Physics Cats and Internet memes sell.

There's been a few dailies that tanked recently... seems like "pop culture" is the safer bet.

Nothing follows.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Narfcake wrote:To be truly epic (or just a huge nerd), you have to be first AND last ...

I didn't buy that shirt, but it made me smile every time I saw it in the Reckoning during its run.

Veterans on the cusp on this Presidents' Day of Reckoning! As hectic as this morning will be, I am also looking forward to next week's bloodbath.

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05

With a little under 3 hours to go there are 8 shirts fighting for 6 safe spots.

It Came Out Of Nowhere
Nevermore
Run Away! Run Away!
Acquired Taste
Makin’ Bread
Unstealthiest Ninja II
Code of Arms
Schrödinger’s Equation

Any of these could be reckoned today. As of a few minutes ago 4 sales separated #15 and #22.

gricomet

Narfcake wrote:To be truly epic (or just a huge nerd), you have to be first AND last ...

I do not have a last sucker yet. It is on my to do list...

gricomet

And I see right now Nevermore at 21 with less than 2 hours to go! This will be a big fight up to the deadline.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Wow "It Came out of Nowhere" and "Nevermore" are fighting to stay alive... I feel conflicting emotions.