raven13

quality posts: 4 Private Messages raven13
milomialla wrote:As I recall, black cats are the least likely to be adopted due in part to the superstition surrounding them. I think there may have even been a shirt in the 2011 Halloween themed derby to raise awareness on the issue.

If you're considering adopting a cat please give the black beauties a second glance before deciding!

That is so sad. :c I've always wanted a black cat!
My best friend has two black cats and they've been extremely lucky. Well, maybe they haven't brought her amazing luck, especially not her wallet after the one became deathly ill (but pulled through), but she has two adorable best friends for life now. Without her, they both may have died. So I'd say both of them are incredibly lucky little guys.
It just breaks my heart that people overlook black cats just because of some stupid superstition. Kitty racism isn't cool. >_>

Back on topic: I got two, one for me and one for my sister. :3

Breathe me in, I'm yours to keep.

Woots: 4
Home.Woots: 1
Shirts: 53: 30 for myself, 23 for friends/family.

jhgalvas

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas

I once found a four leaf clover!

Randyotter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Randyotter

If I was in Ramyb's position where even the staff write up seems to show disappointment in what I had to offer I would either make something more impressive or just quit, but perhaps I just have a little more pride in my work. Money isn't everything.

wonderlandless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderlandless
jenwiehl wrote:My best buddy, Lucky, is turning 18 next month. He's a black cat, so how could I not name him Lucky?

My black cat's name is Sunny. I went all ironic hipster like that.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
zaydabarros wrote:Woot, you and your tricks! I want this SO bad, but I also want Nyan's Dream and I can't afford them both. Will it print? Should I wait? Should I just get both and not eat? So. Many. Questions.

The difference between buying this now or buying this on Sunday (if Nyan doesn't print) is $3.
I recommend waiting.
Make your choice.

move along

renebee73

quality posts: 3 Private Messages renebee73

Nice combination shirt of cats and St. Paddy's Day! Great gift idea, too!

keanenutrition

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keanenutrition

The 4 leaf clover is an American symbol of good luck while the 3 leaf shamrock is a symbol of Ireland (the Holy Trinity). I have a black Maine Coon cat that is obviously American but she is surrounded by a lot of Irish born people so this shirt will be entirely appropriate for this St. Pat's Day. In fact, it will be perfect. First T shirt I have bought here.

ljones3900

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljones3900

Dear Woot,

Please stop printing adorable kitty shirts. I am unable to stop buying them.

Thanks,
L-JO

Lindsey Jones

DivineAna

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DivineAna
vipermjb wrote:Exactly one month away from St. Patrick's day no less.

St. Patrick's day is about shamrocks, which are not the same as clovers, and it's important that they have only three leaves (since the point was that that was how St. Patrick explained the holy trinity to the people of Ireland.)

ubergigglefritz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ubergigglefritz
bluejester wrote:Surprised no comments yet about the price increase? Are we finally all up to speed?

If not, I'll post This Link just in case people filter in and wonder about the new-ish price.

Thanks for posting this link. I had noticed the price change, but couldn't find any explanation (though it was obvious, wanted to read it). This is my first $12 woot shirt =) I have three black cats (and one passed on), so simply had to buy it! =D

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Narfcake wrote:Black cat = unlucky.
4 leaf clover = lucky.

FWIW, the odds of finding a 4-leaf clover is about 1 in 10,000 (3-leaf clovers).

I don't know....My kids find 4 leaf clovers all the time.
I blame the large corporate industrial complex in conjunction with big Pharma for genetically altering the clover DNA to produce more 4-leafers to fuel the luck-engines of Wall Street. As we learned from the movies, you can't contain nature in a lab, or remote isolated island, so the altered clovers made their way into the world at large, integrating with the naturally occurring clover population.
s'truth.

also; hegemony

move along

ElanorRigby

quality posts: 14 Private Messages ElanorRigby
wonderlandless wrote:My black cat's name is Sunny. I went all ironic hipster like that.

Still cooler than my black cat's name. When I discovered him (living in the shed behind my house with his littermates) I had just seen "How to Train Your Dragon." He looked just like the main dragon on there, with his pointy little face and big green eyes and shiny black fur. Unfortunately, that dragon's name is Toothless. Now my beautiful black cat's name confuses the heck out of people, who all wonder "Why doesn't he have any teeth?"

Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...

wonderlandless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderlandless
ElanorRigby wrote:Still cooler than my black cat's name. When I discovered him (living in the shed behind my house with his littermates) I had just seen "How to Train Your Dragon." He looked just like the main dragon on there, with his pointy little face and big green eyes and shiny black fur. Unfortunately, that dragon's name is Toothless. Now my beautiful black cat's name confuses the heck out of people, who all wonder "Why doesn't he have any teeth?"

Hah. I've had Sunny since I was very young. I think I decided on that name because of his big yellow eyes that 'look like the sun'. Or that is what my dad told me.

We're fostering another cat who is named Tripod because of her bum leg. Before that there was another foster (who unfortunately died) named Gimpy Happenstance because, well, he had some neurological problems that messed with his balance.

geegee63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geegee63

Yay, I'm so happy this won.

I love my black cat. She is seriously the most loving cat you could ever imagine (her name is Lovey). I don't know if it is true but I've heard a lot of people say black cats are some of the nicest.

I got three (1 for me, my sister and my mom).

Thank you for this design.

marilove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marilove
milomialla wrote:As I recall, black cats are the least likely to be adopted due in part to the superstition surrounding them. I think there may have even been a shirt in the 2011 Halloween themed derby to raise awareness on the issue.

If you're considering adopting a cat please give the black beauties a second glance before deciding!

I grew up with an all black tomcat. He was the best.

A few months ago, I got myself a kitten -- and she's all black! Her name is Eva. I love black kitties.

I am in for 1. I have to. Eva the Super Kitten tells me I must!

geegee63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geegee63

Oh and I've heard they are the hardest to get adopted too. In fact when I got Lovey there was a sign at the shelter that showed cats that have been there a while and all of them except for one was black. Lovey had been at the shelter for four months by the time I got her.

ephemerageek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ephemerageek
CowboyDann wrote:Let it be noted that I too have a black cat. I don't have a cute/funny/luck-related name for her. I don't even have a clever little anecdote. I just thought you guys would like to know this fact.

I too too have a black cat. His name is Cash, as he is the Cat In Black. He's also broken. He never stops purring.

Radioactive chicken wrangler

jaellehanako

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaellehanako

It's probably because I've had and currently have black cats, but when I saw this I totally didn't get it. I was going to buy it and show all my friends the silly kitty in the clover.

marilove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marilove
geegee63 wrote:Oh and I've heard they are the hardest to get adopted too. In fact when I got Lovey there was a sign at the shelter that showed cats that have been there a while and all of them except for one was black. Lovey had been at the shelter for four months by the time I got her.

I don't know... I guess it depends on the area? My vet had a handful of kittens one time, and several of them were all black. They got adopted pretty quickly, including the black kitties. I know *I* jumped at my black Eva as soon as I could.

And I do know that come Halloween, they tend to be more popular -- but that's not such a good thing. :/

OreoPuddin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OreoPuddin

[Insert disparaging comment about ramyb!] // So glad that mature adults don't judge others by what they wear and the shirts they purcha- oh. Never mind.

Ah well. Anyone judging me by the kinds of clothes I purchase isn't the kind of person I could ever call a friend.

*clicks the big, stupid button* Yet another cute animal shirt.

Love all the stories about beloved black cats. Black cats need more love. I will walk under a row of ladders, while carrying a black cat, and punching mirrors with my free hand just to show you what's up.

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar

My shields can't handle cuteness of this magnitude!

Our daughter loves cats, but since the rest of the family is allergic to cat dander in varying degrees, she can't have one. She will demand I buy her this shirt, if she sees it. And I will comply, out of guilt.

Curse you, Woot!

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26

I don't even know why I check on this site anymore... it's always a ramby cute design. I am bored with this.

thumperchick

quality posts: 240 Private Messages thumperchick

I am lucky to have had a jumbowoot coupon for this adorable shirt!

I too had a black cat. His name was midnight and he was ridiculously sweet - to me. When he heard my truck pull in the driveway, he would make his way to a chest we had by the front door, so that when I walked in, he could walk onto my shoulders and lay across them while greeting me with kitty-kisses.

Now the only kitties I get are on shirts - the hubby is allergic.

christopherg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages christopherg

It really looks to me like the kitty is in fact DEAD, lying in a casket of clover.

sarahsthreads

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahsthreads
escapecar wrote:My shields can't handle cuteness of this magnitude!

Our daughter loves cats, but since the rest of the family is allergic to cat dander in varying degrees, she can't have one. She will demand I buy her this shirt, if she sees it. And I will comply, out of guilt.

Curse you, Woot!

We have a similar situation - both daughters would love a cat, but there are too many allergies. I didn't even bother showing them, I just bowed to the inevitable and bought the shirts!

ssiminski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssiminski
Narfcake wrote:Black cat = unlucky.
4 leaf clover = lucky.

FWIW, the odds of finding a 4-leaf clover is about 1 in 10,000 (3-leaf clovers).

I don't think the odds are that high...I have found several hundred 4-leaf clovers in my life....and it hasn't brought me much luck!

jobezark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jobezark

I'm getting sick of Ramyb and his army of voters putting up a shirt every week. Yes, his designs are often excellent, but let's have some variety here.

www.jobezark.com

juniperlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juniperlee
jobezark wrote:I'm getting sick of Ramyb and his army of voters putting up a shirt every week. Yes, his designs are often excellent, but let's have some variety here.

heard...

c1787gj

quality posts: 4 Private Messages c1787gj

When did shirts go to 12.00???? I miss $10.00

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
c1787gj wrote:When did shirts go to 12.00???? I miss $10.00

Here you go!

I'm just hanging out, really.

Bandrik

quality posts: 73 Private Messages Bandrik
Woot wrote:ramyb printed this shirt on green because it’s his favorite color: the color of money.

I see what you did there. Oh, woot writers, you always know how to make me lulz.

shilo9924

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shilo9924

It is sooo cute that i want to buy it.. But it is sooo cute that I can't wear it public.

maldershoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maldershoff

The cuteness! It can't be stopped!

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525
ElanorRigby wrote:Still cooler than my black cat's name. When I discovered him (living in the shed behind my house with his littermates) I had just seen "How to Train Your Dragon." He looked just like the main dragon on there, with his pointy little face and big green eyes and shiny black fur. Unfortunately, that dragon's name is Toothless. Now my beautiful black cat's name confuses the heck out of people, who all wonder "Why doesn't he have any teeth?"

I LOVE THE NAME TOOTHLESS!!

cotterpinx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cotterpinx

• I am allergic to cats. However, *pictures* of cute cats are perfectly fine and I love the color green.
  • My 7 year old daughter would love to have a cat (darn you, sneezy mom!), and likes to wear cute kitty t-shirts, especially if they match her mom's or sister's shirt.
  • My 3 year old daughter loves the color green, and wearing the same shirt as her big sister and mom.
  • The fact that it is green makes it St. Patrick's adjacent, at least. (shamrock vs. 4-leaf clover brouhaha notwithstanding).

In for three! Driving up the Lady- and Kid-friendly stats! :-)

capsfanbryce

quality posts: 4 Private Messages capsfanbryce
OreoPuddin wrote:[Insert disparaging comment about ramyb!] // So glad that mature adults don't judge others by what they wear and the shirts they purcha- oh. Never mind.

Ah well. Anyone judging me by the kinds of clothes I purchase isn't the kind of person I could ever call a friend.

*clicks the big, stupid button* Yet another cute animal shirt.

Love all the stories about beloved black cats. Black cats need more love. I will walk under a row of ladders, while carrying a black cat, and punching mirrors with my free hand just to show you what's up.

Congrats, you two won't be friends. I doubt anyone is losing sleep over this "revelation".

Another Friday, another Ramyb "cute animal" shirt, that dead horse just keeps taking beating after beating. Oh well there's always tomorrow.

cowgirlndenim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cowgirlndenim

I once found a 4-leaf clover and a 5-leaf clover within 5 minutes. I felt lucky!

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote

My wonderful black kitty is BEAST [wife wanted to call her Katie Kaboom and I wanted WITCH - we compromised]. She's about 13 now, was a runt feral kitten with a heart defect [shouldve killed her by now] that our neighbors cats were trying to kill [she was soooo tiny] and she was already giving as good as she got [hence the name]. She still has the "I'm little and feral" attitude [especially towards our 3-legged dog], but we love her. Did I mention that my wife was a vet nurse and is now a veternary lab technician [bad back - can't lift the heavy animals anymore] and we only keep the really broken ones and adopt out the rest

Katie Kaboom = B-word in Wootspeak

kyrces

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyrces

My black cat was sixteen when he died last May. His name was Griffin, and he was endlessly lucky for me. Although I have heard that in Europe, black cats are lucky.

OreoPuddin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OreoPuddin
capsfanbryce wrote:Congrats, you two won't be friends. I doubt anyone is losing sleep over this "revelation".

Your astute observation has struck me down. You are correct though - no sleep lost here. My friends aren't petty or immature.

Also, where do I sign up for this 'ramyb' army? Making people cry over insignificant, first-world problems, like what shirt they can't buy on a website, and then drinking their tears is a hobby of mine. Do we get guns or just pictures of cute animals?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to ask - what was the title of this Derby? ... That's right! It was "Kitties!" A cute animal shirt for this derby? You're right, that's just stupid.