starksre

quality posts: 3 Private Messages starksre
Re: 1984

ok this thing better print. my floormates will crack up when they see me in this

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone
Re: 1982 v2

i like this a lot. i like the colours, the shape of the 'canvas', the posture of the characters, the characters themselves (including scars, harpoons, and crutch), and it has me wondering whether this scene is on land, or under water (maybe the whaler developed gills? maybe it's captain Ahab? etc.)

i also like the theme (i like to remind people of the things that matter in these times when we risk losing so much).

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee
Re: 1970: Earth Day

1970: The year Earth Day was first celebrated.
I apologize for the somewhat blobby continents - it's my first shot at drawing a remotely detailed Earth :P

Thanks and please vote,

~meepee :D

cptgone

Re: 1977 - Elvis dies of a heart attack

love the concept and execution... but it's on white, and i don't wanna end like Elvis ;)

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: 1989: Insanity

I like the shirt, don't get me wrong but I think it is my least favorite of the ones that you have done recently, and it is probably doomed for rejection...

cptgone

Re: 1974: Lucy Discovered

much preferred the original version, as Lucy's face is much more expressive in it. naughty Woot censor! boo!

still love this design though. hope it prints (Lucy - not the Peanuts one - takes me back to my childhood days).

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

This is really nice.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

This deserves more votes.

ruthjhodsoll

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruthjhodsoll

Dude, you people are hard CORE... ;-P

Re: 1977 - Dark Side

clarityat3am

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clarityat3am
Re: 1986: It's All Television

I'm a sucker for a Warhol reference.

cptgone

Re: 1979

jasneko makes even Miss Piggy look cute. sweet!

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
Re: 1957

GMV I was 2 in 1957; my mom used to put my hair up in 5 little pony-tails around my head and call me a sputnik!

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
Re: 1981

IBM 5150...released in 1981...and a comment quoted from Bill Gates in the same year that he claims he never made...lol

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

Bigsquid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bigsquid
Re: 1974: Lucy Discovered

I really like the shirt, but I will say, it's already been done as a Farside cartoon >.>

jlsinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlsinger
katrinabean86 wrote:Oh god I'm the same age as her?? Lol :p

lol Yeah I was surprised too :P

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
Re: 1982 - The greatest game ever made

E.T. the game was released for the Atari 2600 in 1982. The game proved to be the greatest financial flop in the history of gaming. Supposedly the extra game inventory was driven out to the desert and buried, hopefully to be found by confused future historians.

meedox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meedox
bermanator820 wrote:Thank you for the music reference!!! It's an awesome album, and it's Star Wars. Nothing else is necessary.

Thanks! It's two great tastes that taste great together. XD

meedox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meedox
Re: 1977: Who's In Control?

1977, and the Atari 2600 was born. Did you play it? Or did it play you? XD

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: 1988: Return to Flight

Absolutely stunning. One of the most beautifully colored designs I've seen here on Woot. Wonderful job on the composition as well!

paulandstacy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulandstacy
bpeterson82 wrote:If I were an employee at NASA or an Astronaut, this would be a MUST! Since I am neither, I must still say this is beautiful but, as many shirts in this derby, is unwearable...sigh...

Don't get the "unwearable" designation. My son loves all things space, but it's been hard to find shirts that aren't babyish for him anymore. This shirt is just stunning & I know he'd love it. I've been so disappointed that the space shirts in the past few derbies haven't made it to print. Keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 8 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Re: 1978: Children of the Cabbage

Cabbage patch kids are creepy, right?
Or is it just me?

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness
Re: 1989: RIP Salvador Dali

I don't know the artist but this is so beautiful that I would be hard pressed not to purchase one if it prints. We don't see purple on shirts much around here, and it's such a shame as it's my favorite color.

Good luck!

tarmawolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarmawolf
Bigsquid wrote:I really like the shirt, but I will say, it's already been done as a Farside cartoon >.>

Yep... pretty much a direct lift from the cartoon.

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: 1978: Children of the Cabbage

Excellent design.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: 1980

Thanks guys, I was starting to think that the comment system was broken in my design because I wasn't getting any comments, I'm serious, I value any comment the same way I value a vote. I Love to know what others think about my design, good or bad, it's part of my learning experience. I am happy to see it in the Fog, all thanks to you!

Lanicoise

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lanicoise

I loved playing this game on the Atari. Apparently, I was in a very small minority, but I thought that it was fun.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: 1982 - The greatest game ever made

This brings up a lot of memories

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

Absolutely yes
+1

rizukamper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rizukamper
Re: 1957

This is awesome - and the shirt is beautiful. My dad told me stories about seeing Sputnik when he was little. I was hoping to see a shirt from '57 that used it! Voted, and I hope it gets made. I would definitely buy one (or a few!).

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: 1969 Houston I have a problem

anything with poo is rejected. also, i think the design is outside the printable area.

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402
cpresti wrote:Agreed! But I'm sure the one means something... if it means first, it totally should've been the year instead, though!

+1

skibbereengirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skibbereengirl
Re: 1988: Museum of Motion Images

Another beautiful and intelligent design, Sundbe10!

blightchan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blightchan

Brohoof! ^_^

rizukamper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rizukamper

Love it.

TiraNomChu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu
Re: 1983

i'd still want one... but as for those derby requirements...good luck!

TiraNomChu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu
Re: 1989: Handheld is born

personally not a fan of the extra olive pixels, but i really like the design otherwise

nancyzas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancyzas

straight-shooting design, creative thinking.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Wow. This is just damned splendid, indeed. So much love and so much getting my vote.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Bigsquid wrote:I really like the shirt, but I will say, it's already been done as a Farside cartoon >.>

tarmawolf wrote:Yep... pretty much a direct lift from the cartoon.

let me just nip this in the bud right now. I didn't steal this idea from the far side. only after reading these comments I did a google search on the comic in question which is this:

Previous to working on my design I searched as well and never came across this far side comic. So I thought the idea was fresh and funny and just like the Simpsons, its been done before. But this is not a direct lift as you stated tarmawolf as you can see from the original comic. As to it being done as a tee design, I can asure it has not.

Thank you to everyone else who has supported this design and dig it.

art101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages art101
Re: 1983

I saw that Mario Bros (the arcade game) came out in 83 and jumped at the chance to mash-up two of my favorite things. While Return of the Jedi did come out in '83 kawaiirosalia is apparently right. Goombas weren't around until 85 when Super Mario Bros was released.

Sorry for the mixup.