manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

actually the movie alien came out in 79 but i didnt have time to do it justice in a design.

ahilyard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahilyard
Re: 1974: Lucy Discovered

So the shirt will only be sold on here if it wins? I'm new to this site. I hope your design wins, because I love it and want to wear it.

Good luck!

popnerdculture

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popnerdculture

absternr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages absternr

Thanks! I didn't want to make it super blatant.

Weredawg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Weredawg
anemality wrote:You probably didn't do this intentionally, but I LOVE how he's all 'Haters gonna hate'.

That's what I was thinking too.

Jelly Russia?

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
Re: 1987: Mario Vs TMNT

Sorry had some trouble with the upload process and had to delete and repost my shirt, first post wasn't the final pic...
So to recap, TMNT had the pilot episode this year and Mario had his second home console game this year.

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh

Two of my favorites from 1980; Caddyshack and The Empire Strikes Back. I hope you enjoy the resub.

timelessblur

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timelessblur
Re: 1981

this shirt so needs win. The computer nerd in me demands to have this.

powerpiglet

quality posts: 6 Private Messages powerpiglet
citizencoyote wrote:You captured the green glow of the monochrome screen pretty well, I hope that's enough of a graphic element to pass muster!

Incongruous to have a "green glow of the monochrome screen" when the text itself is white, though.

ezrawalk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ezrawalk
Re: 1986

I have seen a lot of Zelda-themed shirts in a lot of derbies and I generally don't like them. This is the first time I have voted for one.

mightyrain

and it would seem, my image on photobucket, which was replaced is still showing the old one on woot... gah, hate when that happens.

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde
Re: 1974: It's Alive!

So good!

leevijeans

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leevijeans

i like it, but the mad scientist mouse looks like he has udders

leevijeans

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leevijeans

i love it. i love dali's art, and i love that this design isn't a "what cool nintendo/star wars thing happened in the year you were born?" shirt. gmv

Re: 1989: RIP Salvador Dali

petrosrex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages petrosrex
Re: 1969 One small step for man

I hate to be the one that has to tell you this, but no one landed on the moon in '69. (Check the tapes here, man. You can see the stagehands in the background) That's just what "They" want you to think...

Just joking. Great design.

mightyrain

Re: 1987: Mario Vs TMNT

detailed pics

stogieman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stogieman

NIce, but you should have used a younger version of Steve Jobs. (pre black turtleneck)

timecloud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timecloud

After seeing this shirt I had to know the story behind it, so here it is for everyone else interested: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00000505.htm

petrosrex

Re: 1987

A little morbid, but I like it all the same.

petrosrex

Re: 1980

Really, really cool design and tells a cute story.

partimejudas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages partimejudas
Re: 1989: Crack, its as innocent looking as candy!

Must buy!!!

Now 100% chock full of little wind-up robots!

elnosenada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elnosenada
Re: 1994: Lion King

I love that lion! I bet its paws are really cute!

elnosenada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elnosenada
absternr wrote:Dead Astaire?

That is perhaps the best pun I've read all week.

petrosrex

Re: 1986: A Righteous Dude

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?
Anyone?... Anyone?
Where are all the sportos, the motorheads, geeks, s***s, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, d***heads to vote for this shirt?

inspektordogge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages inspektordogge

Put on your sunglasses and take out your sharpies, kids. It's time for some sneaky signwriting.

petrosrex

Re: 1994: Lion King

When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. And so we are all connnected in the great Circle of Life.

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
stogieman wrote:NIce, but you should have used a younger version of Steve Jobs. (pre black turtleneck)

It's something we think for a time. A Although the right thing was to represent a young Steve Jobs, finally opted for her look more recognizable to everyone. A little artistic license ;)

Thanks!

nathanshields

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nathanshields

But he was elected in 1980

gina3graces

quality posts: 42 Private Messages gina3graces
Re: 1986 My Little Gaga

Beautiful and awesome. I would want 3.

dijay

Re: 1987

The Siiimpsooons... :D Amazing work!!!

dijay

WOW... Amazing!!! Good Luck :D

dijay

Absolutely awesome. Congrats.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Brilliant!!!!!!

glorinmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glorinmann
Re: 1988: Return to Flight

I don't picture myself wearing this, but I must say this design is amazing, the execution, the colors, everything is flawless to me.
GMV, and I hope for you and those interested that it won't get rejected.

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
bandit55 wrote:I haven't previously read up too much on Asimov and your shirt design got me to do that. He really does have a lot of interesting things to say.

Near-opposite experience for me. My family subscribed to his SF magazine for years, and I read all his editorials. It was a couple of decades later before I realized what a major shaping force he'd been on my morality--more even than my parents in some ways.

GMV, obviously.

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402
Re: 1989: Crack, its as innocent looking as candy!

Its = possessive

It's = It is

deaaqua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deaaqua
Re: 1989: Insanity

I'm surprised at all the hate and immaturity in these comments. You kids need to grow up, you're ruining the fun that is woot. Sure, this shirt may break the rules and that's bad, but the insults about the artist are totally unnecessary. You're hating on him because he's the most popular artist here, which is just ridiculous of you, this isn't high school. If you don't like his work then simply don't vote for it. No need to be rude and insulting. But in reality we all love his work and we all vote for it, which is why he is ALWAYS in the fog and constantly getting shirts printed.

How about the artist keeps doing his thing and YOU guys take a week off of commenting. Maybe it'll give you time to get over your petty jealously and insistent need to complain about everything.

As for the actual shirt, it's a great image, very well done. However, I can see it still getting into trouble, even with the edits.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Re: 1978: Test Tube Babies

This shirt idea came to me in a dream. I know it's a bit late in the derby, but I just had to do it!!!

rowanmikaio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rowanmikaio
anemality wrote:http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=60323

...really? :T

I thought you were being a little extreme until I looked at the birds. The lions are a bit similar and snakes are pretty basic so I could overlook those, but the birds look almost identical. It's pretty suspicious, I hate to say. It doesn't help that it's the kind of badger in Ramyb's shirt which is not the kind of badger that's in the UK (although I can see how someone who is from somewhere that doesn't have badgers might be more familiar with the honey badger because of the intarwebz and just assumed that all badgers looked like that).

ralin3339

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralin3339
Re: 1976

Very Cool!