mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
stogieman wrote:NIce, but you should have used a younger version of Steve Jobs. (pre black turtleneck)

oh it's Bruce Willis' son!

petrosrex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages petrosrex
Re: 1992 - The Pope issues official apology to Galileo

I wanted to do something for this , but had no great ideas.

petrosrex

Re: 1974

Young Frankenstein?
Call it... a hunch. Ba-dum chi!

eltanin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eltanin
tjschaeffer wrote:I definitely dig the addition of Camilla! He was made into an alien in the not-so-great Muppets from Space. He was previously referred to as a "whatever" in The Great Muppet Caper, and also as a "weirdo" in Muppet Babies.

Either way I still love this design and will absolutely be buying it if it wins

In the Muppet Babies he was actually an alien from the planet crouton, put into an escape pod before the planet turned normal, then found by a bunch of chickens...

I dig the inclusion of Robin though, that made my day ^_^

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
ArdillaCiega wrote:I don't know if this updated version has anything to do with the comment I made in the derby discussion thread, but either way, you earned my vote! Nice job solving the seven colors for seven pieces problem. Good luck; you deserve serious consideration for this.

(love your sig line, btw)

Yes your and ochopika's comments prompted my to add the seventh color and depth respectively. Many thanks to both of you.

I'm glad you like it; it's turned out to be my favorite shirt project so far.

Glad you liked the signature!

silverfox333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverfox333
timecloud wrote:After seeing this shirt I had to know the story behind it, so here it is for everyone else interested: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00000505.htm

Well that's scary. Kinda makes it sound like the robot wasn't really at fault here though. Plus the design is a little misleading.

cyyfyy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyyfyy

Nicely done strad. Your designs are always worth a look and often a WOOT!

skz1201

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skz1201
petrosrex wrote:Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?
Anyone?... Anyone?
Where are all the sportos, the motorheads, geeks, s***s, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, d***heads to vote for this shirt?

haha thanks!

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
Re: 1991 A Summoning Link To The Past

Close up

There are Items (From: The Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past) in this shirt can you tell what they are and how many Items are there.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
jsee1218 wrote:so the designer is...72/73 years old?

It's Blind Dog!!

move along

neeznoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neeznoodle

Is this 'where wolf, there wolf?' Forgive me for my ignorance, but I have no clue what this is referencing. Someone please fill me in.

silverfox333

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverfox333
Re: 1960

But... But didn't those dogs die on that mission? :<

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

Manga is very popular with the eldery.

andihansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andihansen

curious - same named artist "Donnie" also submitted 1939 shirt - this "Donnie" would be 14 or 15

sweetaddietude

tylerob16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tylerob16

Very nice! I like it!

andihansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andihansen

Yet again, another shirt by "Donnie", different year. Hmmmm.

sweetaddietude

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
Re: 1997, first died

Hmm... perhaps Donnie didn't read the rules. No matter, I predict this will be rejected within 24 hours.

crazydoglady

bluetuba wrote:This.

Also, woot isn't going to print a shirt with drugs on it, so prepare thyself for rejection!

Try to stick with PG-13 themes.

Yep, I predict a rejection on this also!

crazydoglady

Re: 1984 guizmo power

Hey Donnie, did you read the rules? There are 3 designs almost in a rule all under the name Donnie, and they are for the years 1939, 1984, and 1993 - the derby theme is to create a design based on the year you were born.

petrosrex

Re: 1989: RIP Salvador Dali

Love the design. If this wins, there will be another black T-shirt in my closet.

komal31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages komal31
Re: 1988: Return to Flight

AWESOME! How do you make the halftones so perfect?

melquam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melquam
Re: 1960

Dogs humping... and red rocket. That is all.

mverc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mverc
Re: 1981: You Are What You Eat

La La lalalala la la ahh aHHHHH AAAHHHH!

petrosrex

jsee1218 wrote:so the designer is...72/73 years old?

Donniie has been reincarnated several times, in 1984, in 1985, and in 1997.
Who knows we may get more from previous or future lifes. Perhaps from Shakespeare's first performance or the end of the world?

cpresti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpresti
Re: 1981: You Are What You Eat

Does that mean the other birds ate...birds? ;)

Check out my Food design please!

petrosrex

Astronomer wrote:Technically, they saw the far side of the moon for the first time, not the dark side.

Nerd Alert!
I agree. Also, there is no way for the light/shadow patterns on the three objects in space to exist with a single light source (i.e. the sun). But I just chock that up to artistic license.

petrosrex

Re: 1986: An ASCII Odyessy

According to super reliable sources (i.e. Wikipedia), HAL became operational on Jan. 12, 1992 (in the fictional universe). Theoretically , I could design a T-shirt based on HAL. Too bad you've blown any idea I would have had out of the water with this design.

petrosrex

Re: 1977

I think you forgot about Millard Fillmore.

deaaqua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deaaqua
DianaSprinkle wrote:They probably also meant the comments that woot has deleted twice that were just attacks on the artist and not actually opinions on the shirt and its merit or lack there of.

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about.

I adore art and if you have artistic criticisms then go right ahead and let them be heard. I would never ask someone to bite their tongue and just say nice things only. If you have issues with a shirt or theft then by all means, speak up. The comments I was talking about, which are no longer here, were incredibly rude and insulting to the artist, not his shirt. There was no mention of the shirt in their comments. They were flat out childish, it was name calling and other nonsense. When I see comments like that on a popular artist's submission I automatically assume that they're childish attention whores jealous of someone else.

Leaving negative feedback is fine with me, I have no issues with it as long as you are intelligent and mature about it. Many of you have made it clear that you don't like the artist's style and choices, and you have valid points. I may not agree with everything you say, but I respect your opinion. It's when people start acting crude and saying totally rude pointless things that I get annoyed. I mean, this isn't 4chan. This a fun site full of all kinds of awesome - I love the hilarious personalities, just not the trashy ones.

cpresti

Re: 1987

This is really nice! You obviously spent a lot of time on it, and it looks really pretty!

cpresti

midgerock wrote:let me just nip this in the bud right now. I didn't steal this idea from the far side. only after reading these comments I did a google search on the comic in question which is this:

Previous to working on my design I searched as well and never came across this far side comic. So I thought the idea was fresh and funny and just like the Simpsons, its been done before. But this is not a direct lift as you stated tarmawolf as you can see from the original comic. As to it being done as a tee design, I can asure it has not.

Thank you to everyone else who has supported this design and dig it.

Agreed. It's completely different. Ideas can't be copy written, that doesn't even make any sense. It isn't similar in composition, style, or color, so it was not "lifted". Just wanted to clarify and let the artist know that they're design is great. And even if someone has had a similar idea, it's because great minds think alike.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
neeznoodle wrote:Is this 'where wolf, there wolf?' Forgive me for my ignorance, but I have no clue what this is referencing. Someone please fill me in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQQtgx4iG8E

stradijeri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stradijeri

This shirt says: "You know, it's never too late for an apology — even if it's a few hundred years."

Thanks for the comments!

j5

Re: 1997, first died

OK over exuberant moderators, I'll be less succinct.
Donniie, stop shoehorning the same handful of designs into every derby. This one in particular was already rejected because Woot can't print it.
Give it up, man.
For everyone else, here's Donniie's shirtwhat

How's that, mods?

move along

emanueu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emanueu

You should have flipped the Navi's track, making it look more like a "Z" instead a "S". :P

The glow effect is really nice, indeed. I'm buying it if it prints.

j5

Re: 1974: Lucy Discovered

bummed this is out of the fog....by now, this means no print.

move along

LiliaRose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LiliaRose
Re: 1974

Mel Brooks' movies crack me up! Great reference, Art.

vstephenson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vstephenson

Really great take on the theme!

awaters24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awaters24

I would rock this!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: 1974: Lucy Discovered

I always love your art style, but your take on the derby themes in general is always interesting and fun to see.