pepeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pepeman
ianleino wrote:Cool style and great colors!

Thank you so much ianleino, I love your designs. It's funny because a few months back I saw you're site and it inspired me to get back into T- designs.

MarlosTiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MarlosTiger
petrosrex wrote:On April 6, 1992, The world lost one of its most prolific writers. This design is in tribute to Isaac Asimov, who died the year I was born. His head and arm are formed by quotes by Asimov. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated, but go easy on me, as this is my first derby entry. The full size design can be found/read here.

Thank you very much for this submission. Asimov was my favourite author while growing up. He is greatly missed, but his many works leave much of the man with us.
+1 from myself and several friends.

pepeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pepeman
Re: 1981 A Legend is Born

I love Donkey Kong ....Great idea and design.

3Justin0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 3Justin0
Re: 1981: VIDEO KILLED THE RADIO STAR!

MTV used to show videos? Too bad it's not orange our I'd vote for it.

3Justin0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 3Justin0
3Justin0 wrote:MTV used to show videos? Too bad it's not orange our I'd vote for it.

*or

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 37 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: 1981

I really hope this prints. Fingers crossed that I will be wearing this soon!

kadenian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kadenian

I think that this image will illustrate, where is the gag in this shirt.

;)

kadenian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kadenian
kadenian wrote:

I think that this image will illustrate, where is the gag in this shirt.

;)

stradijeri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stradijeri
Re: 1976

I was wondering if this would get rejected. It's a beautiful design, but Apple has one hell of a team of lawyers. One company got sued because apparently Apple owns Steve Jobs' likeness.
http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-01-05/tech/30592070_1_action-figure-apple-claims-copyright-protection

Pheline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pheline
jclough59 wrote:Aha! I did not know that. I went with plain ol' yellow. I guess if they want to put it on lemon (not that I have a snowballs chance of winning) it's okay with me!

Uh- so resub? Please? Yeah, I haven't ever explored how to do a shirt but please do find the info, templates, etc. There are no shirts for my birth year- 1962- but it's nice to see some for my lover's year.

Why aren't there any for 1962? After all, a major historical event occurred.

t4stywh34t

quality posts: 1 Private Messages t4stywh34t
Re: 1989: RIP Salvador Dali

This would be an insta-buy for me. My favorite artist.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
werewolfskippy wrote:I enjoy working with opacity and layering a lot, so I guess it makes a difficult print and I am still learning.. I did not use inverse halftones, and the design is 4 colors on black. As to how I did the halftones, this excellent tutorial on shirt woot has been my main source of information:
[url]http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=4532808[\url]

Yeah that link is not the best at showing how to do halftones and I know that Travis meant well when he did it but he missed several things and didn't explain how the print actually happens which is crucial to making half tones work on the press. I know you didn't do it intentionally and were trying to follow Woot provided guidelines but if your gonna do a lot of half tones it helps to have worked in a screen print shop before to understand limitations of the process. Give me a couple minutes and I'll try to illustrate what I meant by inverse half tones. Again though awesome art.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Pheline wrote:
Why aren't there any for 1962? After all, a major historical event occurred.

Lack of artists born in that year perhaps?

I'm just hanging out, really.

dcastello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcastello

Good luck my friend, it´s very good he he !

unionboggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unionboggle
Re: 1981: Get Vertical

I know the tank was painted white, I made it grey to add contrast

"taste the beast"

ayliecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ayliecat
Re: 1981 A Legend is Born

This is SUCH a cute design. I love it. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-)

**ayliecat**

petrosrex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages petrosrex
Re: 1988: A Time for Everything

Does this shirt only come in +6XL?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: 1974: Lucy Discovered

well, shhhh....that sucks.

move along

ayliecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ayliecat
Re: 1985: Year of the Plumber

Awesome! I love it. I love the little clues and hints in the design that show that it's Mario.
:-)

**ayliecat**

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
j5 wrote:well, shhhh....that sucks.

par for the course here at woot.

kitty0401

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kitty0401

This shirt is a tribute to John Lennon who was killed Dec 1980.

tjost

Re: 1988: Return to Flight

Ok here's a little example I threw together to illustrate what I mean by inverse halftones. Let me know if you have questions.

tjost

captainsuperdawg wrote:Is there any significance to the July 9 date on the calendar or am I just too detail oriented? Great shirt btw.

It's the date Donkey Kong was released

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
Re: 1982 v2

i think you could fit six real whale teeth on this print.

the first one was a little harder to see, and was missing some detail. i think this came out alright.

petrosrex

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm going to caution people again to keep comments focused on the art and not the artist. There are many examples of how to give constructive criticism should you need assistance.

*steps onto soapbox*

Thank you, ThunderThighs. This entry was lacking a sheriff (or mod, whichever you prefer).

I just wanted to say that I love the design. I enjoy seeing what you come up with from week to week. I did not see the joker face on the moon (and still not sure if I have seen it). It is a dark and beautiful design and would love a print of this.

That being said, I don't see this getting printed due to IP and copyright issues. A lot of shirts lately have skirted that legal/illegal line in order to appeal to a specific subset of woot!ers. I personally miss the originality of earlier prints, e.g. not direct copies of memes, cultural references, etc. Not that I don't love pop culture references, It's just that they are the majority of the shirts printed and the only ones to get the votes nowadays. I would hate to see an artist and/or woot served with a CDO because of a "copyright infringement."

*steps down from soapbox*

panpear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages panpear
Re: 1974: Lucy Discovered

It's still an awesome funny design, even if they can't print it. Better luck next time! :D

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
tjost wrote:Ok here's a little example I threw together to illustrate what I mean by inverse halftones. Let me know if you have questions.

[IMG]http]

Excellent quality post.

petrosrex

MarlosTiger wrote:Thank you very much for this submission. Asimov was my favourite author while growing up. He is greatly missed, but his many works leave much of the man with us.
+1 from myself and several friends.

Thank you!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
tjost wrote:Ok here's a little example I threw together to illustrate what I mean by inverse halftones. Let me know if you have questions.

Ramy covered this exact issue in his tutorial. Maybe you can write up something with alpha channels too?

move along

mverc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mverc
Re: 1981: You Are What You Eat Resub

A little simpler than my last sub.

cpresti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpresti
Re: 1981: VIDEO KILLED THE RADIO STAR!

Very cool. Maybe you could put it on red?

Check out my Food design please!

Yourkiddingright

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Yourkiddingright
Re: 1989: Insanity

Ruh Roh....

How exactly did you make the photo of the moon look like the Joker? The only thing I see is you pushed a couple of the photos pixels around with the liquify tool, blurred it and recolored.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: 1988: Return to Flight

I like this. I'd wear it when I feel INTENSE. It has that kind of feel about it.

BootsBoots

Re: 1989: RIP Salvador Dali

I really like the bite that was taken out of the tree. And it's a pretty design, too.

BootsBoots

midgerock wrote:simple but very wearable.
dig it!

I dig as well.

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
fourlane77 wrote:...great flick...never would have thought to see zoltar on a shirt, but i like it... GMV

(afraid to make a wish though...not really game to learn any life lessons today...lol)

Haha, understandable. Thanks for the vote!

bigaislestyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigaislestyle
Re: 1987

So Boss!

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
Re: 1988: Museum of Motion Images

This depiction is superb. From the doves at the top of the head to the swirl of film, you have collaborated all of your images in a way that is cool to look at and very well thought out. Kudos! GMV

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

jerberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerberry
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Thanks for making me reveal my age, woot! And my love for Big Macs. :/

This is completely awesome!