Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

Haters wanna hate.

midgerock wrote:let me just nip this in the bud right now. I didn't steal this idea from the far side. only after reading these comments I did a google search on the comic in question which is this:

Previous to working on my design I searched as well and never came across this far side comic. So I thought the idea was fresh and funny and just like the Simpsons, its been done before. But this is not a direct lift as you stated tarmawolf as you can see from the original comic. As to it being done as a tee design, I can asure it has not.

Thank you to everyone else who has supported this design and dig it.

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite
Re: 1969 One small step for man

Keep on truckin!

jlsinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlsinger
gina3graces wrote:Beautiful and awesome. I would want 3.

Thanks It's good to know people like it.

inspektordogge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages inspektordogge
axphw1 wrote:I like that G.G. doesn't look away from his telescope to receive the apology. But what's coming out of the Pope's mouth?

Anime thing. A frustration sigh, I think?

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: 1993: Hubble time

I am wondering if woot can print this, and if they did, if it would turn out well. There is a minimum pixel width that they can use - but I don't know what that is, since I can't draw, and haven't paid attention.

jtweetyone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jtweetyone
Re: 1978: Test Tube Babies

I <3 this!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
cdrewlow wrote:I was always more partial to "Unpack Your Adjectives", but this is still pretty cool.

Me too, but this one's good too.

petrosrex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages petrosrex
Re: 1979 - Video Killed the Radio Star

A few questions,

• Where on the shirt is this design located? i.e. you forgot/neglected to use the shirt template.
  • Is this supposed to be printed on white?
  • How many ink colors are you planning to use? The max is six.
  • How big is this design? Some of your lines may not print on women's or children's sizes

If this is your first entry, congrats on submitting it. A lot of people have ideas, but they don't submit for whatever reason.

stradijeri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stradijeri
inspektordogge wrote:Anime thing. A frustration sigh, I think?

Indeed.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Yourkiddingright wrote:How exactly did you make the photo of the moon look like the Joker? The only thing I see is you pushed a couple of the photos pixels around with the liquify tool, blurred it and recolored.

The entire moon was done using a simple textured brush technique with a couple of colors- I'm not sure what you are trying to match up with this photo here. And to answer your question, the shading of the moon has nothing to do with joker's face- it is the silhouettes against the moon that are supposed to create it.

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
Re: 1972 Clockwork

Love the image and movie reference here, but would have rather seen it on a darker shirt. Just my opinion- I'm sure there are Clockwork Orange lady fans who could pull this color tee off, but not many guys. At any rate, GMV! Nice job!

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

regularshmo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages regularshmo
Re: 1974: Lucy Discovered

so sad to see this one go....they coulda told you sooner, makes for a bigger heartbreak the longer they let it go.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
regularshmo wrote:so sad to see this one go....they coulda told you sooner, makes for a bigger heartbreak the longer they let it go.

weekend rejections are limited to obvious technical issues. Anything subject to interpretation is held until Monday.

move along

Gally242

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gally242
Re: 1981

it seems this has been done before... i saw this shirt advertised on this very site just now!!

http://www.cafepress.com/+dos_black_tshirt,71187504

chibisabbath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chibisabbath

Must. Have. This. Shirt.

fourlane77

Re: 1991 A Summoning Link To The Past

..i'm actually playing through this one again at the moment, so here's what i can see...magic mirror...invisibility cape..book of mudora..the three pendants that sahasrahla sends you after..the two canes (can't remember their names, but i recall that the red one creates blocks and the blue one creates a protective ring around link)...pegasus boots...the crystals containing the maidens...and the moon pearl...

soooo...unless you're also counting the rupees as items, i would say 17? (and that, of course, is counting the crystals and pendants individually)...

great game...

ambassadorgrimm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ambassadorgrimm
bandgeek9723 wrote:Great concept, but your execution is lacking.

I appreciate comments such as yours only when they are followed by something constructive. Instead, I could have...?

fourlane77

chibisabbath wrote:Must. Have. This. Shirt.

..will totally buy you one if by some miracle it went to print...lol

thanks!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: 1980

I'm really sad to see that my design was Rejected, I really though the parody was strong enough to keep it afloat. I just wish the rejection had come up earlier in the first batch of rejected designs on Friday, that way I could have had time to modify the design and resubmit it. I don't have a computer home, so I rely on the computer I have at work. This means I cannot revisit a design during the weekends and it will be too late if I resubmit it tomorrow. Ohh well, till Thursday again.

fluttersby8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fluttersby8

I don't understand how Woot can print this but not Midgerock's Lucy.

[snark]I mean, other than because of the designer, of course.[/snark]

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
Gally242 wrote:it seems this has been done before... i saw this shirt advertised on this very site just now!!

Hmm. Well I'll leave it up for the rejectionator. Hopefully they'll view the green screen glow as a distinguisher from the other design. Had I subbed one identical to the cafe press shirt, it probably would have been rejected long ago for being text only.

jlsinger

Re: 1988 Everything is better in 8-bit

I like the idea. I think it would have been cool to have box art mega man, and 8 bit mega man on opposite sides of the text to show why it's better in 8 bit. That being said, I think it looks good

jlsinger

Re: 1988: Return to Flight

This is such a beautiful shirt! I can't wait til I'm that good with half tones Props for an amazing design.

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915

The upc is actually the upc for 1.

jlsinger

Re: 1977 - Dark Side

It's too bad this got rejected. I thought it was really good. I love the star destroyer as the stem

tenecwhiskey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tenecwhiskey

Damn! I hate this rejected. I was REALLY in for one of these.

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian
Re: 1977 - Light Side

How does this not have more votes... Awesome, just awesome.

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

rochejohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rochejohn
Re: 1981: VIDEO KILLED THE RADIO STAR!

Thanks for the suggestion. I plan on resubmitting, but proabbly too late... Thank you for all of the votes. Keep checking back and revote on resub.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: 1970: Visa Inc Founded

Just a little bored. Wishing I had a better concept. ;)

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies
Re: 1992 - The Pope issues official apology to Galileo

learn something new every day! I had no idea the pope officially apologized to galileo, very cool. we just studied him earlier this year.

oops, pardon me, i wooted

annieflies

Re: 1988 Beetlejuice

ha! just forced my kids to watch this movie yesterday, probably scarred them for life, lol!

annieflies

toby8915 wrote:1974 Jaws was published

Love this! Text might be a wee bit too small to read, however. But, I am old, so what do I know. gmv

marvinleal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marvinleal
r3mix3r wrote:thinking about actually wearing this i think the design should be a little smaller as the game board will start wrapping around the body not enabling people to see the full design from the front without having to start looking at your sides ... i think smaller would be better in this instance.

Yeah, your right. I will keep that in mind for my next entry. Thank you for the advice.

annieflies

mverc wrote:A little simpler than my last sub.

PLEASE tell me that's a smurf, pretty pleeeeeeeease??!!

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax

Just take my money now! +1

fourlane77

melquam wrote:Dogs humping... and red rocket. That is all.

LMAO on the "red rocket"! Nice

annieflies

Andy47240 wrote:Just a little bored. Wishing I had a better concept. ;)

no, I like it. simple, and the graphic is unmistakeable.

marvinleal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marvinleal
Re: 1990 Resub

I love the design. You did a great job with the artwork, it looks great!!! I hope you win I want this shirt.

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
Re: 1987

bigaislestyle wrote:So Boss!

Sweet, thank you! I have not heard that term in a while!!! especially associated with me. lol

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: 1974: Lucy Discovered

I'm having trouble understanding why a design like this would be rejected. It seems to be altered enough from the original Peanuts cartoon... Can someone please explain to me why a shirt like "Year of the Plumber" wouldn't be rejected when the elements in that design appear far more similar to the Mario games than this one does to the Peanuts comic? Not that I'd want either to be rejected but I'm having a hard time understanding the fine line of copyright infringement.