dfunk29

quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29
Re: 1992 (Asimov)

I love the shirt, but is anyone else getting a Crnl Sanders vibe from it? I love Asimov, and all, I just keep thinking KFC whenever I see it. Sorry.

dfunk29

quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29
dfunk29 wrote:I love the shirt, but is anyone else getting a Crnl Sanders vibe from it? I love Asimov, and all, I just keep thinking KFC whenever I see it. Sorry.

I think it has to be the glasses and the hand placement, I do really love it and these kind of shirts though.

TiraNomChu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu
Re: 1999 Episode One

the fact that you were born in 1999 and are now old enough to submit this shirt... makes me feel old.

other than that, this shirt is pretty awesome.

oh, though it did throw me for a loop to see a pacman ghost- that's definitely not a 1999 thing

TiraNomChu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu
Re: 1981

glad to see this shirt doing well- I really like it!

peema

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peema
Re: 1970: When time(3) began

Agh, I should have clipped the legend and previewed the scaled shirt image. (Claims newb first-timer innocence)

skelleton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelleton
Re: 1987: Mario Vs TMNT

I'm going to be mad if this doesn't win. My birth year plus my biggest obsession.. ninja turtles.. plus mario = need.

magicpokey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magicpokey
Re: 1977 - Dark Side RESUB

I would vote for this one but that's the death star from Jedi (1983) not A New Hope (1977)

(Why, yes. I am a hopeless nerd)

inspektordogge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages inspektordogge
Re: 1988

The typeset is kinda off...

cwarfield82

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cwarfield82
Re: 1980

Can someone tell me why this was rejected?

cwarfield82

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cwarfield82
Re: 1986

Love this design.. and love even more that it's actually wearable! Really hope it prints.

chotty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chotty

I love this so much!!!

Kate Young

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
captainbaldie wrote:Bob-omb is a Nintendo copyright. Also the depiction of the character is pretty much exact. Not that there is a whole mess of ways you can depict the character, but I'm just saying.

I disagree, The character actually has a giant wind up dial on it's back, and shoes. Mine is simply a bomb, with what is either eyes or two reflective dots on it.

kasadilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kasadilla
Re: 1985: Year of the Plumber

I'm a couple years older than the plumber, but I love this shirt! Definite must have if it prints.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: 1974: It's Alive!

Frickin' brilliant - I can even see Gene Wilder and Marty Feldman in those faces. One of the best you've ever done.

hockeyham

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hockeyham

PEMDAS

Me.

hockeyham

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hockeyham
Re: 1976

Honestly, I thought it was George Carlin and the preface to his saying the 7-dirty words when I saw the thumbnail.

Me.

coffeegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeegrace
Re: 1979: Rings of Jupiter

In 1977 the Voyager 1 photos reveal Jupiter's rings.

coffeegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeegrace
Re: 1979: Rings of Jupiter

I have no idea why I typed 1977 there. 1979 is the year it happened, as well as the year I was born. >.< I think I need to finish my coffee before I type anything, from now on.

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
Re: 1984

I was really surprised that none of my fellow 84ers addressed Transformers.

willybeetoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willybeetoo
Re: 1978: Test Tube Babies

This is Heavy, MAN... Way Too many metaphors!
OOps,, Now I gota look up what's a meta, for?

A Man can say more in a picture than would be heard in words.. good job,, man

petrosrex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages petrosrex
dfunk29 wrote:I love the shirt, but is anyone else getting a Crnl Sanders vibe from it? I love Asimov, and all, I just keep thinking KFC whenever I see it. Sorry.

I did base the design off this picture:

Actually, I used this picture

I does have a certain southern fried aspect to it.

alephnull2k1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alephnull2k1
bpeterson82 wrote:If I were an employee at NASA or an Astronaut, this would be a MUST! Since I am neither, I must still say this is beautiful but, as many shirts in this derby, is unwearable...sigh...

I am neither a NASA employee, nor an Astronaut, and have never been either one, but I would wear the heck out of this shirt (assuming it looked nearly as good printed as it does here).

missredass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages missredass

Glad you like it!

The song was #1 the day I was born... I figure why not share the perpetual RickRoll love ;)

Thanks and Gig'em.

petrosrex

hockeyham wrote:PEMDAS

The proper order of operations?

• Parentheses, (Please)
  • Exponents, (Excuse)
  • Multiplication (My)
  • Division, (Dope)
  • Addition, (Astronaut)
  • and Subtraction (Swagger)

petrosrex

cwarfield82 wrote:Can someone tell me why this was rejected?

I believe that the Pacman and (to a lesser degree) Star Wars design details open the design to IP and copyright issues.

Other designs rejected this derby with Pacman and Star Wars references.

We all hate to see our favorite designs get rejected because of little issues.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: 1982 v2

I really like this. I kind of wish that it didn't have the cream colored background, though. The design itself is great, though.

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
shygryf wrote:I really really love this shirt and have no idea how to pimp it more than I have.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

I've had the same inkling myself when I was really rooting for shirts.

emi99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emi99
vstephenson wrote:I do like it! Very creative and nice result.

Thank you!

emi99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emi99
TiraNomChu wrote:the fact that you were born in 1999 and are now old enough to submit this shirt... makes me feel old.

other than that, this shirt is pretty awesome.

oh, though it did throw me for a loop to see a pacman ghost- that's definitely not a 1999 thing

Thank you!

saintronin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saintronin
chaosschley wrote:I voted for this but, admittedly, initially thought it was a Basewars reference. I still love the shirt... but now I want to play Basewars.

So what is it referencing?

silverdream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverdream

April 12th, 1961 - In a flight lasting 108 minutes, Russian cosmonaut, Yuri Gagarin, was the first human to orbit the Earth. This event intensified a Space Race between former Soviet Union and the USA.
A month later, on May 05th, 1961, Alan Shepard becomes the first American to travel into space, followed by Gus Grissom on July 21st, 1961.
In addition some Monkey piloted a spacecraft that year, but sadly it didn't make it back to Earth alive.
1961 is the year when president J F Kennedy announced before Congress his goal to put a "man on the moon" before the end of the decade.

treethrower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treethrower
saintronin wrote:So what is it referencing?

This is definitely referencing Metroid, but it's done almost like the MLB and NHL designs, so I don't know if anything else is represented.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
treethrower wrote:This is definitely referencing Metroid, but it's done almost like the MLB and NHL designs, so I don't know if anything else is represented.

It is indeed a Metroid shirt. I was going to smash in there some Zelda and other games but went for something a little simpler.

shikausstan

saintronin wrote:So what is it referencing?

The original Metroid came out in 1986 in Japan.

shikausstan

chaosschley wrote:I voted for this but, admittedly, initially thought it was a Basewars reference. I still love the shirt... but now I want to play Basewars.

I looked up Basewars after I read your comment and it looks like this could very well be the pitcher from the cover art of the game. So if you want to sport it as a Basewars shirt, more power to you!

After all my wife said the Samus morph balls looked like baseballs from far way.

shikausstan

aceon0 wrote:GMC = General Motors Co
GMV = Got My Vote

Oh I was going to say "Got MY Cat" but I'm sure he would be disappointed because he is slightly "special."

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
magicpokey wrote:I would vote for this one but that's the death star from Jedi (1983) not A New Hope (1977)

(Why, yes. I am a hopeless nerd)

Yes, this was pointed out in the first version of the shirt as well. =D

I'm going for a general beginning of the Star Wars franchise, rather then specifically the first movie only. The shape also doesn't actually match either of the Death Stars, I took some liberties to make the joke.

shikausstan

Re: 1981 A Legend is Born

My dentist as a kid had this at their office (no quarters required). I was never afraid of the dentist after that.

madalice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madalice
Re: Bicentennial Baby! 1976

1976 was a good year for me.

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
skelleton wrote:I'm going to be mad if this doesn't win. My birth year plus my biggest obsession.. ninja turtles.. plus mario = need.

You will have to rally alot of votes to get this design in the fog... something like 200 right now. But I will actually end up tossing it up on Redbubble after the derby ends if it never gets to the be made here.