shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
tjost wrote:Ok here's a little example I threw together to illustrate what I mean by inverse halftones. Let me know if you have questions.

At first I didn't understand and was like huh? Inverted half tones...? And then I saw what you were talking about and was like ohhh! Yeah you can't make inverted dots from ink it just ain't happening. However this will still make a good DTG Shirt.

myrna68

quality posts: 1 Private Messages myrna68
Re: 1986 - I still Believe

I so want this shirt...and I need it before sunday...My pastor is using Nessie as an example of an urban legend! I'm so offended.

shikausstan

mightyrain wrote:You will have to rally alot of votes to get this design in the fog... something like 200 right now. But I will actually end up tossing it up on Redbubble after the derby ends if it never gets to the be made here.

So a couple of things: I dig the idea! Your halftone background looks a little pixellated, what program did you use? Second, Before submitting to Redbubble (After waiting 60 days, as per your agreement to enter the derby) I would redo the background. Redbubble does DTG printing and so you could really spice it up (add more color or shading).

shikausstan

fourlane77 wrote:..i still believe too!

;)

Thanks!

shikausstan

myrna68 wrote:I so want this shirt...and I need it before sunday...My pastor is using Nessie as an example of an urban legend! I'm so offended.

Thanks, but I don't know if there is a way to get it even on sunday...

tabaddon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon
Re: 1974: It's Alive!

What paigeg said. Walmazan bats it out of the park again. If this gets a print, I will buy at least one.

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.

tabaddon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon
Andy47240 wrote:Gary Gabelich drives the rocket-powered Blue Flame to an official world land speed record of 622.287 mph (1 001.452 863 km/h) on the dry lake bed of the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. The record, the first above 1 000 km/h, stands for nearly 13 years.

I love Gary's story. Nice design, execution.

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
mightyrain wrote:I disagree, The character actually has a giant wind up dial on it's back, and shoes. Mine is simply a bomb, with what is either eyes or two reflective dots on it.

Either way this shirt is still the BOB-OMB! Nice design!

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

xnastynelsonx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xnastynelsonx
Re: 1989: Handheld is born

I (Filtered) WANT ONE!!!!!

darkpyxie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkpyxie
Re: 1971-Floppy Diskette

I so wish this shirt wasn't on green!! Ahhh

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee
greenlightgo722 wrote:I always love your work, your designs are so cute

Thank you so much!

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
shikausstan wrote:So a couple of things: I dig the idea! Your halftone background looks a little pixellated, what program did you use? Second, Before submitting to Redbubble (After waiting 60 days, as per your agreement to enter the derby) I would redo the background. Redbubble does DTG printing and so you could really spice it up (add more color or shading).

Yeah, it'll get edited for redbubble. The entire background will probably get done over most likely. Same thing without the halftone and more shading like the foreground characters.

I used a combo of gimp and photoshop... not a fan of gimp, but I use the newsprint filter

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: 1974 Rumble in the Jungle

Thought it might get rejected, but like it anyway

jbonatesta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbonatesta

They come by night and eat your pirogi's

mrsstudrobinson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrsstudrobinson
Re: 1973 What's Your Function

Remember when animal crackers came in little red boxes resembling circus cars?

Yeah, that's totally what this made me think of.

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv

ya that right

1.Book of Mudora,
2.Cane of Somaria,
3.Cane of Byrna,
4.Magic Cape,
5.Magic Mirror,
6.Moon Pearl,
7.Rupees,
8.Pendant of Courage,
9.Pendant of Power,
10.Pendant of Wisdom,
11.Crystals,

and as for the Pegasus Boots I really didn't think about it like the Green Mail. But ya you are 110% correct I even double check the Items list on http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda03-a-link-to-the-past-items.php to make sure after you mention the pegasus boot.

Ya Awesome Game It's one of my personal favorites!!!

humelake2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages humelake2005

I would be totally down to wear this at beer festivals!

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies
Re: Kickin' Ash Since 1980

Like the woodcut look.

oops, pardon me, i wooted

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies
Re: 1945 End of World War II

fyi, we won that war.

oops, pardon me, i wooted

blastingspeed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blastingspeed

This gave me goosebumps. So so so many good memories.

soda5187

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soda5187
Re: 1987

Too soon.

ltcrisp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ltcrisp

I *must* have this shirt.

elnosenada

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elnosenada
Re: 1960

Do you illustrate children's books? You should really consider illustrating children's books. This is gorgeous.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: 1974: Lucy Discovered

just as a final fyi, I appreciate everyone that supported and vote for this design. although woot has decided that this design is not something they can print I will try to make this available after the 60 day hold for people who may still be interested in the design elsewhere.

shikausstan

mightyrain wrote:Yeah, it'll get edited for redbubble. The entire background will probably get done over most likely. Same thing without the halftone and more shading like the foreground characters.

I used a combo of gimp and photoshop... not a fan of gimp, but I use the newsprint filter

It looks like the oversampling needs to be bumped up. If you want to take a look at a tutorial I have one here

regularshmo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages regularshmo
midgerock wrote:just as a final fyi, I appreciate everyone that supported and vote for this design. although woot has decided that this design is not something they can print I will try to make this available after the 60 day hold for people who may still be interested in the design elsewhere.

great, tell me where and when and i'll be there!

jud1929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jud1929
Re: 1989: RIP Salvador Dali

Just lovely, thank you.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 206 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: 1972: Eggspecting

Yes, it's a classic origin story. A smalltown, midwestern Egg meets travelling bagpiper Hamish McMuffin, they fall in love, start a family and a breakfast legend is born.

I'm late to the party this week, some bug laid me out flat. I hope this goofiness makes up for it.

All the best,
---Spiritgreen

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite
Re: 1968: Food Was Cheap

This makes me think of Burgertime!

missredass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages missredass
Re: 1971-Floppy Diskette

YES. Love it.

Edit: apparently I broke my sig >.<

Thanks and Gig'em.

jud1929

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jud1929
Re: 1994: Lion King

So pretty. It is wonderful choice of colors.

FretlessM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FretlessM

The expressions on both mice is perfect! I love it

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie

Yay, now we don't have to worry about you losing your submission streak! Great entry... love it!

Leanalynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Leanalynn

My sons have so many of your shirts, they're the best! They'd really love this one, hoping it makes it!

Great work as usual

idalingi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idalingi

LOL I heart this!

cpresti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpresti

It's shame this is so late! It's awesome!

Check out my Food design please!

bronyhater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bronyhater

I love this concept.
It's my favorite iPad wallpaper.

Can't wait to get a shirt of it!

emberdione

quality posts: 3 Private Messages emberdione
Gally242 wrote:it seems this has been done before... i saw this shirt advertised on this very site just now!!

http://www.cafepress.com/+dos_black_tshirt,71187504

Normally I jump all over the "it's too similar" bandwagon, but really, this doesn't count. For 1, it's kind of hard to distinguish a c prompt. For 2, this one is clearly showing the green screen glow. For 3, the size and style of the numbers is much better and works better for the idea of the shirt on this version. Honestly, the idea isn't *that* unique, but it's not a straight straight rip off. And Kevlar's looks way better. I would wear Kevlar's, but not the one you linked, it's just not pretty enough. The green makes all the difference.

lumby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lumby

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
Spiritgreen wrote:Yes, it's a classic origin story. A smalltown, midwestern Egg meets travelling bagpiper Hamish McMuffin, they fall in love, start a family and a breakfast legend is born.

I'm late to the party this week, some bug laid me out flat. I hope this goofiness makes up for it.

All the best,
---Spiritgreen

Feel better! This is great! GMV!