dementedkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dementedkat
Re: 1974: It's Alive!

I always love seeing references to this movie! I <3 it!!! One of my favorite movie skits is when Dr.Frankenstein and Igor meet and discuss the nuances of pronunciation lol.

pquijal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pquijal
Re: 1981

I love it! It's brilliantly simple and good-looking. I'll buy this if it wins.

jlsinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlsinger
FMstatic100 wrote:You have such a great talent for ponies! Unfortunately, I'm no Lady Gaga fan, but I look forward to any possible future pony submissions!

Thanks. I'll have to keep that in mind for future shirts

pquijal

omarfeliciano wrote:M4:r10, 73:TR15, 1:09:89
Clever hidden messages!

Agreed! Clever all around.

pquijal

Re: 1982

GMV!

pepeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pepeman
petrosrex wrote:The proper order of operations?

• Parentheses, (Please)
  • Exponents, (Excuse)
  • Multiplication (My)
  • Division, (Dope)
  • Addition, (Astronaut)
  • and Subtraction (Swagger)

Houston...We got swag!!

coffeegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeegrace
Re: 1979: Rings of Jupiter

Yeah I probably should have made that more visible.

Thanks, guys!

madalice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madalice
Re: Bicentennial Baby! 1976

Thanks! I knew it had to be ultra traditional, so it was down to that or copperplate.

heidiruth

quality posts: 12 Private Messages heidiruth
scrabblefish wrote:Ok, somebody clue me in. I got the Rick Astley link, but what's a "RickRoll"?

This should help explain it.

ruthjhodsoll

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruthjhodsoll

I really like this design, but I'm having trouble reading the text. I'm guessing it might not be so bad in real-life and I like tone on tone stuff, so I'm loathe to comment, but is it worth trying more contrast to see what others might think? Just a thought. I'm still voting for it regardless.

Re: Kickin' Ash Since 1980

heidiruth

quality posts: 12 Private Messages heidiruth

Fabulously executed!

As someone who studied science for a degree, Asimov is an incredibly influential figure for myself as well. Great to see him being represented in this derby amidst many of the video game references (although it seems most of those got rejected anyway...)

GMV Make sure you enter more derbies!

ruthjhodsoll

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruthjhodsoll

You two are hysterical! If only everyone bickered so politely!

j5 wrote:OK, you win.

Look! A distraction!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
ruthjhodsoll wrote:You two are hysterical! If only everyone bickered so politely!

J5 is keeping it polite, because he knows I get my thing in action.

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
Re: 1987

Cool, I hit 200 votes!!! Thanks guys!!!!

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
TiraNomChu wrote:the fact that you were born in 1999 and are now old enough to submit this shirt... makes me feel old.

other than that, this shirt is pretty awesome.

oh, though it did throw me for a loop to see a pacman ghost- that's definitely not a 1999 thing

I'm with you! I feel old knowing that the movie we all waited for and waited for was made when these kids were born.

shikausstan

inspektordogge wrote:The dove with and olive is a symbol for peace, not the United States. The shirt (if I read it correctly) is a statement about how peace took a beating.

World War I was marketed as the war that would end all wars, i.e. the war to bring peace to the world...WWII kind of stomped and then spit on that idea.

shikausstan

heidiruth wrote:This should help explain it.

Wow thanks...that experience was well...at least I got my laugh a day in...

shikausstan

mrsstudrobinson wrote:Remember when animal crackers came in little red boxes resembling circus cars?

Yeah, that's totally what this made me think of.

I totally remember that! Now I'm hungry...

missredass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages missredass
heidiruth wrote:This should help explain it.

Beat me to it. Thanks, heidi =]

Thanks and Gig'em.

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: 1979

The walkman was released in 1979. I though a walkman trucking along while it listened to itself might be fun.

Comments and suggestions are always appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

petrosrex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages petrosrex
Re: omc usa 2012

I have to say that you must be a prodigy, because I have never seen a <2 month old with this much creativity. I see a very bright future for you...

greenlightgo722

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greenlightgo722
shikausstan wrote:I totally remember that! Now I'm hungry...

they still sell those you know... although now they're like a buck a piece. But I buy them for my daughter all the time for nostalgia's sake. She will love them :: shakes fist ::

fancyskunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fancyskunk
Re: 1988

Voting with the assumption that the awkward rectangle around the image will be removed.

missredass

fancyskunk wrote:Voting with the assumption that the awkward rectangle around the image will be removed.

Sorry, this is what happens when my computer with the decent photomanip software is in pieces in the living room :rolls eyes:

No, the rectangle shouldn't be there if (when? :crosses fingers: ) the shirt is printed.

Thanks and Gig'em.

Travinapple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Travinapple
Re: 1981 A Legend is Born

Isn't that the date when the game was released in Japan? Where's the rising sun?

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

The googly-eyed igor gave me a good laugh, and I like that you went with the open mouthed mouse instead of the gritted teeth one. GMV and hoping to see a print this weekend.

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

The googly-eyed igor gave me a good laugh, and I like that you went with the open mouthed mouse instead of the gritted teeth one. GMV and hoping to see a print this weekend.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
tjost wrote:Ok here's a little example I threw together to illustrate what I mean by inverse halftones. Let me know if you have questions.

I am currently wearing a woot shirt (forbidden future) with those inverse halftones.

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
Re: Knighteen82

sooo an entry at the eleventh hour...
three colors on orange. yucky orange. i mean, lucky orange.

knight rider aired in 1982. it's legacy has been lasting and influential ever since. where would our world be today without knight industries sassy crime fighting machine? maybe a better place. regardless, let's celebrate.

missredass

Re: Knighteen82

Awwwww why did it have to be orange?? :sigh: voting anyway =P

Absolutely *love* KITT!

Thanks and Gig'em.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: 1972: Eggspecting

This design had all the right ingredients Spiritgreen, especially that shadow colour on the egg. Are you sure the muffin's name wasn't McLovin? +1

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

You are in a class of your own Walmazan. This design deserves all the praise it has picked up and more. It suits the derby theme and stands up fine without it as well. I hope to see this as your next print. +1

jess19855

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jess19855

This shirt makes me laugh every time I look through the entries! i especially love the little "lab assistant's" eyes...

jesiney

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
PixelPants wrote:This design had all the right ingredients Spiritgreen, especially that shadow colour on the egg. Are you sure the muffin's name wasn't McLovin? +1

Aw, I shoulda called this McLovin! ^__^

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Ahh, this is so good.

"Damn your eyes!"

"Too late."

+1

guilwolf199

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guilwolf199

I like the actual design, but I'm not sure how willing Woot would be to do a second shirt with a similar design. They've sold the animals in scarves shirt once before already.

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=20370

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: 1972: Eggspecting

Very nice! This would go well with fishbiscuit5's entry this week.

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite
petrosrex wrote:I have to say that you must be a prodigy, because I have never seen a <2 month old with this much creativity. I see a very bright future for you...

And so political!

joeray1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeray1
shocktherapy91 wrote:I think my only thing is... If it's going to say "Everything is better in 8-bit" shouldn't megaman be in 8-bit?

agreed

Dudicon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dudicon

I like the concept, though I would've preferred a gun instead of the mega buster, as in the box art. I also could have done without the year on the shirt.