w1111ams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w1111ams
Re: 1972: Eggspecting

Great Design! Made me laugh This was my first derby and I was late:? I love this theme...lots of great memories:D

1966 Beetle Revolver

w1111ams

This is a great theme! Fun memories!!

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
mommyleah wrote:I love it! My first wish is Zoltar for the win!

Thanks! mine too

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
annieflies wrote:ha! just forced my kids to watch this movie yesterday, probably scarred them for life, lol!

Hehe, love the movie. The shirt is more tame though!

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: 1971-Floppy Diskette

like the colors and the layout

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
dfunk29 wrote:That's using Photoshop, I'm assuming right? Any other programs you'd recommend, or is that pretty much the gold standard?

Well any program that you can apply halftones in but yes the adobe suite of software (photoshop, illustrator etc.) are the gold standard.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
werewolfskippy wrote:Thank you for the explanation. Also, the ramyb tutorial j5 posted was extremely helpful. This will definitely help me with designing halftones in the future, thanks so much!

I had done inverse halftones on one layer for my previous print, Underwater Forest, and it seemed ok.. In general I use the method of converting the layer to bitmap/halftone screen because there is a lot more room for control.

Again, thanks for all the feedback everyone!! And thanks tjost for explaining halftoning for print. I definitely understand it a lot better now.

No prob. The inverse can work but especially when doing large areas of fine dots it's better to not try them. Your printer will appreciate it your a great artist btw and I'm glad your posting your stuff on woot!

sweett343

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweett343

Born in 74! Ive always known I was a number 1! This shirt will let everyone else know too!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 24 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Re: 1986 My Little Gaga

I'm curious what the rejectionator does here towards fan-made ponies. It's a blurry line on what's allowed towards mimicing the new pony stuff.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Thank you all :D

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Re: 1978: Test Tube Babies

Thanks for all the support!
I can't believe it made it this far this quickly!

PS. I think Jeff Goldblum would approve

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
silverfox333 wrote:But... But didn't those dogs die on that mission? :<

Depends on the mission, there were several, icluding: Belka (Белка, literally, "Squirrel" or, alternately, "Whitey") and Strelka (Стрелка, "Arrow") spent a day in space aboard Korabl-Sputnik-2 (Sputnik 5) on August 19, 1960 before safely returning to Earth.
That's the one I prefer to think of this as depicting.

w1111ams

Re: 1966 Beetle Revolver

How bout some more votes for the new kid on the block??

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: 1979

@tjshaeffer - Glad you like the camilla addition! Haha so alien, whatever, and weirdo - you can see my confusion of how to include him!;D

Thanks very much

@AlexIam- I definitely thought he was some kind of bird, what with the beak and the bird ladyfriend - apparently not!

@cptgone - awww well pigs are pretty cute! one more
Thanks cptgone

@eltanin - hehe hoped there would be some Robin fans:D

@thechickensaladkid - maybe next time!

Vote!

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

time for Woot to outsource it's rejectionator dept ;)

midgerock wrote:I will try to make this available after the 60 day hold for people who may still be interested in the design elsewhere.

\o/

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
walmazan wrote:1974: It's alive!

A lot of cool thinks happen during the 19974, my Mom was the winner at that year!

One of the blockbusters during 1974 was the young frankenstein, plus the Ball and wheel mouse was patented.

I hope you like it!

Crazily enough, '74 was also the year of the first genetically modified animal... a mouse.

tracyt1800

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tracyt1800
zoobawa wrote:
When did the Woot Community get jacked by people who like terrible shirts?

+1

lauramss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lauramss
Re: 1974: It's Alive!

Lovely <3 +1

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: 1974

33 votes... more that I thought I would get... not bad... not good but not bad.. for me at least

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
chachachino wrote:oops. well it was a close call between orange and red.

so where you see orange, see red instead.

i'll have to update the old templates i'm working off of too. thanks!

Due to the lateness of entry, it really doesn't make a huge difference here, but in the future, if your entry is on time and the color is off, Woot will reject it, requiring you to resubmit with the corrections. Just an FYI, so you don't get bit the next time.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

starksre

quality posts: 3 Private Messages starksre
Re: 1973 What's Your Function

oh this brings back memories... sign me up for one please

w1111ams

Re: 1966 Beetle Revolver

Thanks for the Votes!!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
w1111ams wrote:Phew!! I believe I'm safe~~ * Gradients & Halftones
o Photoshop users, make certain that your halftones are 30 LPI or larger for a full-size design at 300 DPI.
o Illustrator users, please submit your final art with gradients. We'll create the halftones on our end.
o Each dot that makes up your halftone must be one solid color.

PEACE OUT

Just so you know, that Illustrator info is only for your full size t-shirt art. For you derby entries you still need to make halftones so the votes know what to expect.

w1111ams

w1111ams

cdrewlow wrote:Just so you know, that Illustrator info is only for your full size t-shirt art. For you derby entries you still need to make halftones so the votes know what to expect.

Oh I think I get it now, the thumb nail needs to be full size art and include halftones?

neeznoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neeznoodle
artulo wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQQtgx4iG8E

Thank you! I love that movie, and can't believe I didn't catch this.

bluekirbypwns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bluekirbypwns

this was before my time, but I just love the shirt!

echinsuocha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echinsuocha

The calender is set to my bday (in '81). Win.

crapface

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crapface
Re: 1997: The legend begins

Why is no one else commenting on how old they feel on this one? 97 - just wow!

zeloria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeloria
Re: 1997: The legend begins

I thought the colors for the house of Ravenclaw were blue and bronze?

joeallen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeallen

leoford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leoford
Re: 1969 One small step for man

A great step for HUMANS! How time flies - now we are finding so many other planets

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
crapface wrote:Why is no one else commenting on how old they feel on this one? 97 - just wow!

Too busy looking at the cute design!

(That and avoidance. Lots and lots of it.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
w1111ams wrote:Oh I think I get it now, the thumb nail needs to be full size art and include halftones?

Correct, if I read that right. Your 16"x20" finished design shouldn't have halftones. Your 580x580 picture that people vote on and your thumbnail should.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
zeloria wrote:I thought the colors for the house of Ravenclaw were blue and bronze?

I'm gonna get my nerd on hat on to agree here, but also point out that blue/silver-gray is also acceptable due to the movie.

I'm just hanging out, really.

slowlyburning

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slowlyburning
Re: Knighteen82

loving this and want to vote, and buy, but i dont know how.. kinda new here

THEY CALL ME SKIPPY JIFFNUTS ( i cant believe i was posting my full name up here for so long)

ipergorilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ipergorilla
Re: 1988: Return to Flight

I'm a total sucker when it comes to the Space Shuttle. There are loads of Space Shuttle-themed shirts out there, and as much as I'd like to buy all of them, money is kinda tight so I need to skim. But this one... this one is awe inpiring. Honestly, I teared up a little. Totally buying this if it gets printed.

tparadox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tparadox

Wow. I don't usually go for the "beauty" Woot shirts, but if this gets made, I am definitely buying one.

As a bonus, it's my birth year.

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
Mavyn wrote:Due to the lateness of entry, it really doesn't make a huge difference here, but in the future, if your entry is on time and the color is off, Woot will reject it, requiring you to resubmit with the corrections. Just an FYI, so you don't get bit the next time.

thanks mavyn! yeah i would have resubbed on another color if the submissions hadn't closed. i'd hate to lose out big for something careless like that.

vkinman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vkinman
Re: 1974: It's Alive!

Love this one! Hope it prints this weekend. :-)