4%
65%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Yeah. And then they act like they didn't do anything. Humph. Cats.

djenkins1982

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djenkins1982

Awesome shirt. I'm kind of surprised no Jedi cats printed, but this shirt was definitely deserving.

Congrats!

seangt95

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seangt95

Mrrrrrrrrrhhhh :/

I was hoping for at least one kitties shirt that was "awesome" and not "cutesy"...

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I appreciate the cat's nonchalance as (s)he licks her/his paw. Well played.

move along

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

Wish my cats were that talented. They prefer to "sculpt" the sofa.

gertiestn

quality posts: 53 Private Messages gertiestn

I'm here to say "Oh poop" for quite another reason. I can't believe I'm going to buy this, too, but here I go.

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986
seangt95 wrote:Mrrrrrrrrrhhhh :/

I was hoping for at least one kitties shirt that was "awesome" and not "cutesy"...

Agreed. I am incredibly disappointed that the lion shirt didn't print over any of the 3 Dot's Poetry Corner duck designs this weekend. Typical disappointing woot! voters. The cool unique shirts never seem to win.

jadis4742

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jadis4742

Nooooo, kitty, don't lick the paint!

annewaterman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages annewaterman

With Mother's Day around the corner...I think this this the perfect "mom shirt".

micahbradshaw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages micahbradshaw

In the category of "most likely to be printed" these Japanese Cherry tree shirts are beginning to give the cute turtle/penguin shirts a run for their money.

jhgalvas

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas

Kitty did a good job keeping herself clean.

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil

I'm surprised at these early negative reactions. I thought this was one of the more artistic designs this derby (no pun intended). I like it.

Adam7986

If the Siamese cat is smart enough to paint a tree that is representative of a completely different culture (Japanese Cherry Blossoms) why would it be dumb enough to lick toxic paint?

LlamaGirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LlamaGirl

I think it's a lovely shirt!

dpcollects

quality posts: 19 Private Messages dpcollects

This shirt is purrrrrrfect!

It's the cat's meow!

Get a stain on it, no-one will know, it's got 9 lives!

sgmitter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgmitter
polluxoil wrote:I'm surprised at these early negative reactions. I thought this was one of the more artistic designs this derby (no pun intended). I like it.

I agree! I definitely would put this in the arty column, rather than the cutesy column. I was glad to see it today & congrats to the artist of The Artist.

jjpeters1100

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jjpeters1100

I hope thats enviromentally friendly paint.

Oh yahttp://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/434642cf-117e-4c4b-a1ae-78519489f593.png

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester
polluxoil wrote:I'm surprised at these early negative reactions. I thought this was one of the more artistic designs this derby (no pun intended). I like it.

It's easier to be a hater than be constructive or complimentary.

I like the use of pink in the design. I didn't think that this particular design had much of a chance because of the color choice, but found it to be one of the more clever design entrys this time around.

(But I dearly with the rejected but very awesome "Copy Cat" by Walmazan was still in circulation because I think it would have printed)

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal

I love it! I NEEDED it to wear to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC. I tried to be 1st sucker...and I was. So I'm happy.

micahbradshaw

micahbradshaw wrote:In the category of "most likely to be printed" these Japanese Cherry tree shirts are beginning to give the cute turtle/penguin shirts a run for their money.

It's a fine design. I'm just pointing out a predictable voting trend.

llamabox

quality posts: 36 Private Messages llamabox
micahbradshaw wrote:In the category of "most likely to be printed" these Japanese Cherry tree shirts are beginning to give the cute turtle/penguin shirts a run for their money.

It definitely is more so than the two other winning shirts. I think it could stand to lose the tipped over paint can and the paw licking to help elevate it from cutesy stage... but you know, that's my heavily biased opinion

Make your own damn beer

Adam7986

bluejester wrote:It's easier to be a hater than be constructive or complimentary.

I like the use of pink in the design. I didn't think that this particular design had much of a chance because of the color choice, but found it to be one of the more clever design entrys this time around.

(But I dearly with the rejected but very awesome "Copy Cat" by Walmazan was still in circulation because I think it would have printed)

It is not hating, just frustration. We all have shirts we really want to win and for some of us, it seems like they never do for whatever reason. We just get cats and turtles.

ernkaiju

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ernkaiju

Write up: "Now can we please chance the subject?"

Chance? Might want to fix that.

TiraNomChu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu

sorry guys, I'm a newbie when it comes to the shirts around here, but how can we see the 1st place/2nd place derby winners? can we order those shirts still, too?

llamabox

quality posts: 36 Private Messages llamabox
TiraNomChu wrote:sorry guys, I'm a newbie when it comes to the shirts around here, but how can we see the 1st place/2nd place derby winners? can we order those shirts still, too?

You can order them. They are $15 each now.

1st http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=24564

2nd http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=24565

Make your own damn beer

TiraNomChu

HEY the artist hails from Great Falls, MT! I've lived there... there's pretty much NOTHING THERE! :P lovely part of the country though... absolutely gorgeous mountains ^^

TiraNomChu

llamabox wrote:You can order them. They are $15 each now.

1st http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=24564

2nd http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=24565

thanks! is there a way to find these for each derby? because I saw the derby results but obviously, not all of them made it to print...

you know, it's like that "give a man a fish vs teaching him to fish" thing

debbernaut

quality posts: 8 Private Messages debbernaut

this design is definitely more "artsy" than "cutesy." My top three picks all placed, which is rare. i think some of you guys just don't like it because it's a more feminine-looking design and uses the color pink. I'm sure it'll be back to cartoony zombie ninja Star Wars designs soon, so don't despair.

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester
Adam7986 wrote:It is not hating, just frustration. We all have shirts we really want to win and for some of us, it seems like they never do for whatever reason. We just get cats and turtles.

And penguins...by golly, do we get penguins.

Frusstration I get. I was miffed that the "Copy Cat" design got rejected because it was really the only design that I could see myself wearing. Not that there weren't other cool designs in the fog, just that the one I was most likely to buy got axed.

The thing that irked me about the negative posts, and forgive me for not being clearer, was that the slam felt like it was more towards the voters and less on the design.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

TiraNomChu wrote:thanks! is there a way to find these for each derby? because I saw the derby results but obviously, not all of them made it to print...

Hello and welcome to woot! To see a list of all shirts for sale at any given time, please click on the "reckoning" link found at the top right corner of every shirt.woot page. In order to learn more about how shirt.woot works, please read the shirt.woot FAQ. The easiest way to see all previously printed shirts, previous derbies, entries, and winners is to explore the fantastic user(the uber-mega-archi-awesome mr. bluchez)-created site shirtwhat.com. Happy exploring!

Adam7986

bluejester wrote:And penguins...by golly, do we get penguins.

Frusstration I get. I was miffed that the "Copy Cat" design got rejected because it was really the only design that I could see myself wearing. Not that there weren't other cool designs in the fog, just that the one I was most likely to buy got axed.

The thing that irked me about the negative posts, and forgive me for not being clearer, was that the slam felt like it was more towards the voters and less on the design.

I mean to an extent it was toward voters as the voters control what prints. Aside from that, I don't like the design because it wasn't well thought out. Why would a Siamese cat that has nothing to with Japan, be grouped with a Japanese icon? They are different cultures and represent two very different ideals in our culture. And then the cat licks the paint, which just seemed to make the design less of a artistic ideal and more of a cute twist on a cherry blossom shirt.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

TiraNomChu wrote:thanks! is there a way to find these for each derby? because I saw the derby results but obviously, not all of them made it to print...

Besides the resources GT pointed you to, there's also a great resource created by a community member that quickly links you to every derby and shows the winners and all the entries. Just remember that the only ones still for sale though are the ones on the Reckoning (Link in upper right of the page) or on the weekly sales that you'll see pop-up on the front page. This week's is the Adorable Edible Wearables and it ends at midnight tomorrow.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I agree. I'd like to see more comments on the designs even if you don't agree with the voters. The artist deserves some feedback. IMHO.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

micahbradshaw

For the most part, I don't think people want to "slam" the artist. This IS a great design. Most of the frustration people express is going to be aimed at the voters. For example, I'm not going to get mad at someone for making yet another turtle/penguin shirt...that's their bread and butter. But I'll express my frustration with voters who vote for the same turtle week after week after week.

panpear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages panpear

I loved this design and the other one that had a somewhat similar concept. I think I might have to get this shirt too - which means two for this weekend! I guess I'm a sucker for cats.

amhi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amhi

Yes! This was the one I wanted to buy out of this week's fog, and I was starting to think it wouldn't print. Third, first, whatever, just as long as it printed! In for one!

trevorstearns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trevorstearns

Thank you for your comments and votes everyone! I was really surprised when this hit the fog--and now a print?! Yeah, it's more than one culture represented, but this is America, the great melting pot, right?

spotsknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spotsknight

Love the design but had to comment on the flavor text....

"Yes, dear, I will be sure to hang Mr. Fuzz-Fuzz’s 1st Place certificate in the living room just as soon as I get done lining his litter box with my Honorable Mention. Now can we please chance the subject?"

just out of curiosity, how do you chance a subject? Is that a gambling thing? Can I get in on the action? LOL

spazzykiti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazzykiti

In for one~ SO glad this one got printed... I am going to feel like a crazy cat lady since buying all 3 shirts... I am a sucker for the cuter woot themes.