jgreen0101

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jgreen0101

Could there be an underlying Disney hint reguarding the re-release of Lady and the Tramp?? "We are Siamese if you Please..."

or not :P

glorinmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glorinmann

Congrats on your first print !
For those disappointed Kitty King didn't make it, I'm pretty sure it will have a second chance in the Double-Take derby (which should be in one week or two), or at another shirt website.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
TiraNomChu wrote:HEY the artist hails from Great Falls, MT! I've lived there... there's pretty much NOTHING THERE! :P lovely part of the country though... absolutely gorgeous mountains ^^

Whoa... that's my hometown. I didn't even see that the artist was from there, thanks for mentioning it.

P.S. Trevorstearns, I PMed you!

skm0119

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skm0119

I am glad this shirt printed as it was one of the more clever and creative designs. The first 2 winners were too "cutesy." I passed on a purchase of those.

Anyone who has a cat knows that they will sometimes dip their paws in liquids and can leave some paw prints around the house before they lick their paw to clean it. So I loved the theme and creativity of "The Artist!"

And having grown up near DC, I also thought of the spring cherry blossom festival that another person mentioned buying the shirt for.

This is my first shirt.woot purchase. Hope I don't become addicted to this derby thing!

vgilpin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vgilpin

I thought this one did edge into the realm of the awesome over cutesy; it has graceful lines, an elegant rather than "cute" cat, and on first glance doesn't appear to be a joke at all, so ....sold!

Jordan_and_Rory

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jordan_and_Rory

Not a joke? Hmmm... am I the only one who immediately thought "hairballs"?

-jordan

regularshmo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages regularshmo
micahbradshaw wrote:For the most part, I don't think people want to "slam" the artist. This IS a great design. Most of the frustration people express is going to be aimed at the voters. For example, I'm not going to get mad at someone for making yet another turtle/penguin shirt...that's their bread and butter. But I'll express my frustration with voters who vote for the same turtle week after week after week.

love a democracy...giving both artist and the people a voice. no frustration here, just glad to be a part of it, no matter what the outcome.

gertiestn

quality posts: 54 Private Messages gertiestn
goneferal wrote:I love it! I NEEDED it to wear to the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC. I tried to be 1st sucker...and I was. So I'm happy.

You wear yours and I'll wear mine & the Cherry Blossom Festival will think we're a movement!

papiyonmov

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papiyonmov

The other 2 derby winners were a little too cutesy for me, but this one is GOLD! Love it! I bought one for my 11 yr old daughter, me, and now might buy another to send to my mom for Mom's Day. Thank you to Trevor for creating this design and to the voters for making sure it got printed!

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet

I didn't get the first shirt. Don't know exactly what I didn't fall in love with, after all, it was a kitty, but yesterday's and today's, I got.

When I shut down yesterday I was thinking "I hope I wake up to a cat with cherry blossoms.."

Yay!

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet
Adam7986 wrote:It is not hating, just frustration. We all have shirts we really want to win and for some of us, it seems like they never do for whatever reason. We just get cats and turtles.

For the longest time (at least it seemed this way to me) all they had were dinosaurs (kids), robots (kids) and beautiful, wistful women (which belong on a wall, not on the front of my shirt).

But I don't consider my teeshirts "works of art", I wear them to make people smile.

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal
gertiestn wrote:You wear yours and I'll wear mine & the Cherry Blossom Festival will think we're a movement!

I'll be between the Jefferson & FDR, swirling around among the falling blooms. Shall we sing...you can get anything you want...

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

Siam is now Thailand. So if you've a cat in Bangkok, it'll be waiting in Krung Thep Maha Nakhon.

gloucester

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gloucester

You had me at Siamese

v33berz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages v33berz
skm0119 wrote:I am glad this shirt printed as it was one of the more clever and creative designs. The first 2 winners were too "cutesy." I passed on a purchase of those.

Anyone who has a cat knows that they will sometimes dip their paws in liquids and can leave some paw prints around the house before they lick their paw to clean it. So I loved the theme and creativity of "The Artist!"

And having grown up near DC, I also thought of the spring cherry blossom festival that another person mentioned buying the shirt for.

This is my first shirt.woot purchase. Hope I don't become addicted to this derby thing!

Speaking of paw prints on random things, the other day I was amused to discover that when I went to turn on the big screen to watch the telley, two very distinctive paw prints were plain to see. Kitties are adorably inquistive. I consider the prints a reminder of love so I kept them on there for a while. I'm just as tickled to find paw prints on my car as well. haha.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

Was "The Artist" formerly known as "Prints?"

marnich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marnich

I am a 54 year old mother, and I love this shirt! I bought it! For ME!!

Harporose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Harporose

I voted for you, Mr. MT, because your design is the Venn intersect for many parts of my life!
+My first (and eternally favorite) cats were Siamese, so I was drawn to the breed.
+As a soon-to-be HS Biology teacher, I'm collecting bio-friendly Ts.
+As a professional-to-be, the grey & pink design will look nice with a suit jacket.
+As a college student, fellow students who are Wooters are stopping to say "hi".
+As for the mixed Asian concerns, those who know the difference are showing their multi-cultural savvy.

barkingkitty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages barkingkitty
Adam7986 wrote:If the Siamese cat is smart enough to paint a tree that is representative of a completely different culture (Japanese Cherry Blossoms) why would it be dumb enough to lick toxic paint?

If this Siamese is anything like our own, that's not actually paint, but rather blood under those nails. Do not challenge the claws!

“ I always thought insanity would be a dark, bitter feeling, but it is drenching and delicious if you really roll around in it. “ ~ Kathryn Stockett

xeducatedguessx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xeducatedguessx
trevorstearns wrote:Thank you for your comments and votes everyone! I was really surprised when this hit the fog--and now a print?! Yeah, it's more than one culture represented, but this is America, the great melting pot, right?

is this picture offered to be purchased as a print somewhere? i LOVE this picture and would love to buy a print of it to frame it!!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

xeducatedguessx wrote:is this picture offered to be purchased as a print somewhere? i LOVE this picture and would love to buy a print of it to frame it!!

You could buy the t-shirt and frame it yourself!

jsee1218

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsee1218

*clicks the stupidly large button*

...wait! did i want this one? darn you woot! you have trained me like pavlov trained his dogs. it's an automatic response now. "new shirt? *click*"

vuvuzelas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vuvuzelas

I absolutely love this shirt. When I saw it on the 1st day of the derby I so wanted it to be in the top 3 so I could buy one and was thrilled when it showed up this morning on my Facebook feed as being for sale.

This print is simple, elegant, clever, and beautiful. I say, CONGRATS to you,the artist, and I hope to see a great many more!

cascademeezer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cascademeezer

Is there going to be a print for sale?

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi

I adnit it, I cannot resist a Siamese.

While I did hestate a little over the blend of two diffirent eastern cultural symbols, the love of the cat (a well executed siamese instead of the cutesy no partcular bred cat) more than won me over. A beautiful image I will love wearing.

pyrosaga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pyrosaga

it's like that target commercial with jason wu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXV7EqCcqfI

rawr

Jussslic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jussslic

Either I'm completely missing something, or I'm just not seeing what other people are seeing in this shirt.

I hate to be critical, but witty or not this seems way under rendered to me.

annewaterman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages annewaterman

So I finally caved and bought one for my mom. I know she'll love it

magyargirl

quality posts: 14 Private Messages magyargirl

This one totally made me think of the 2003 Korean film Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter...and Spring; there's a scene in which a Buddhist monk uses the tail of a live cat to paint. The t-shirt is much happier than the film.

horsetrainer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages horsetrainer
Adam7986 wrote:If the Siamese cat is smart enough to paint a tree that is representative of a completely different culture (Japanese Cherry Blossoms) why would it be dumb enough to lick toxic paint?

I am sure a cat that good would know to use milk paint.
And as far as it being a cat of another country? What cat concerns itself with human borders, I ask you.

maraich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maraich

I must have been napping or something - when did the price of shirts here jump from $10 to $12?

I ordered two shirts though. My family are big siamese fans.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

maraich wrote:I must have been napping or something - when did the price of shirts here jump from $10 to $12?

Answers can be found herein.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 115 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First Day Sales: 1929

jbhswim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jbhswim

First day sales: 1929

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: tobias23
Last purchase time: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 11:59:13 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 44.789s
Woot wage: $3,752.01
Woots sold: 1928

Last wooter to woot: LynneKeene
Last purchase time: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 11:59:48 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 44.784s
Woot wage: $3,750.50
Woots sold: 1929

Last wooter to woot: jennasai
Last purchase time: Monday, February 20, 2012, 12:19:36 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 45.376s
Woot wage: $3,699.62
Woots sold: 1930

First day sales: 1929
Sorry I missed yesterday!

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
TheGolux wrote:Sorry I missed yesterday!

We all did, actually. First time that's ever happened since we started keeping track.

Oh, and just to complete the number nerdery,
Debut day: 1929

lillypond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lillypond

I love this T. Have you made a print of this? I would love to buy one.

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear
trevorstearns wrote:Thank you for your comments and votes everyone! I was really surprised when this hit the fog--and now a print?! Yeah, it's more than one culture represented, but this is America, the great melting pot, right?

This is seriously one of the best prints I have seen on this site. I freakin' love this, Trevor. I'm promoting it TODAY again, on a few places such as Twitter and Facebook and on to Pinterest and Google+. Tho, I couldn't find a twitter account... do you happen to have one or even a fan page based on your artwork on FB?
Lemme know.

-Fuzzy
{{Volmod edit: no personal info in public posts, please. Please exchange such information through the woot PM system.}}

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear
Harporose wrote:I voted for you, Mr. MT, because your design is the Venn intersect for many parts of my life!
+My first (and eternally favorite) cats were Siamese, so I was drawn to the breed.
+As a soon-to-be HS Biology teacher, I'm collecting bio-friendly Ts.
+As a professional-to-be, the grey & pink design will look nice with a suit jacket.
+As a college student, fellow students who are Wooters are stopping to say "hi".
+As for the mixed Asian concerns, those who know the difference are showing their multi-cultural savvy.

Very Nice. :o)

possumkory

quality posts: 0 Private Messages possumkory

As I'm possum related, would like to see something in the possum style. Good enough for the possum brethern down here on possum creek Virginia.