flukeboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flukeboy

I, for one, welcome our new shirt supplier overlords.

wine.woot!: 1; sellout.woot!: 2; shirt.woot!: 40 w/ 1 v-neck & 1 bonus + 2 koozies; 4 randoms @ 3 each & 3 random @ 1 each; shirt.woot!/Classics: 2; & 1 light weight hoodie; woot!: 6; deals.woot!/Community Deals: 2;sport.woot!plus: 1

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

when i woke up, i thought: "it's monday, yay! Woot pullover day!"... but i was badly disappointed.

"we will return to our regularly scheduled design-based events next week"
phew!

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone
mrwednesday wrote:no mention of price and or production locale......

the good news is they're made in Soviet Russia, so you don't need to worry about starving labourers.
the bad news is shirts are gonna be 359.31 RUB each.

johnallen3601

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnallen3601

I'll wait an see what happens, but like many above commenters, I wouldn't buy woot shirts if they didn't have the nigh unattainable combination of comfort and proper fit. If they end up with awful shirts, like certain other daily shirt pages, count me out.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

Where's that obnoxious dude that kept submitting blank entries in a bunch of derbies? This sale is right up his alley.

Edit: Found it. This guy.

shadowblue42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowblue42

im worried about the switch, more for the fit than the quality, I'm inclined to trust what they say about quality not being sacreficed

8 bucks is a bit high for a blank

I know with my luck I'll end up with white ,creme, and lemon, if I order random

... but I probably will

*olive PLEAAAASEEEE

shadowblue42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowblue42

If we order 3 x 3packs , are we guaranteed 9 different colors?

or even within the individual 3 packs is there a chance we will end up with doubles?

staff answer would be great

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

I'm a fan of the AA shirts because of how they fit and breathe. I strongly resist this change even with the chance for fresh colors. I've tried other shirts and they genuinely do not feel as nice as the AA brand.

Please don't change, Woot.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Add me to the list of Wooters who will be buying future shirts ONLY if the new blanks are Made in the USA!

07/11/14

Schaeffer20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Schaeffer20

I'll buy them no matter what as long as they fit the same. Currently a Large fits me nice, like a cloud on a sunny day!

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

Love the Richard Hell and Voidoids nod. Well done. Plz keep these new tees made in America.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Switching suppliers?
Mr. Horse, what do you think about that?

move along

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51

I'm curious if the decision to use Gildan hoodies was partly a test case to see how well non-USA-produced blanks would be received.

But please Woot, for the love of all that is holy, do not use Gildan blanks for your tees.

...Please?

Sad to see the move away from AA. There's the obvious domestic benefit, but I also can't think of a manufacturer whose quality and comfort comes close.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets

Change is scary!

Nothing follows.

jimbrady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimbrady
caramelarrow wrote:Add me to the list of Wooters who will be buying future shirts ONLY if the new blanks are Made in the USA!

+1

j5

taternuggets wrote:Change is scary!

Vote with your wallet.

move along

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan

I can't claim to have a ton of experience with all the different shirt manufacturers, but AA is certainly my favorite. Now, I won't immediately decry a change in blanks until I see what they're changing to, but I really hope woot has thought this through. There are other daily sites that I simply won't buy from because the style and quality isn't up to snuff, even if the designs are great. I would be severely bummed to see woot fall into that territory, but I'm not afraid to vote with my wallet.

profbrendan

j5 wrote:Vote with your wallet.

Ooh, jinx!

wrwine3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wrwine3

Yes, I know change is inevitable but I hope this isn't a case of bowing down to the great Amazonian overlords. I love the shirts as they are. Heck, I'm wearing one now.

I'm curious what the sales figures have been since the price was raised in January. Not curious enough to actually check but curious nonetheless. ;)

If sales are lagging, I wonder if the switch is predicated on reducing the price back to $10. Or possibly an attempt to negotiate a lower price from American Apparel.

Can you tell I have a tendency to over think things?

bandgeek9723

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bandgeek9723
gricomet wrote:Wow kind of a weird sale. So the singles are more expensive than randoms? Not sure if that makes sense of not (it kinda does and kinda doesn't).

It makes perfect sense, the random sales are them trying to clear inventory. They are most likely selling them at very close to cost for the random shirts.

highwyre237

quality posts: 6 Private Messages highwyre237

well this is just silly...

drifitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drifitz

Anyone figured out how to get the 3 packs for $14.99? I can only see singles, and clicking "I want 3" brings it up to $23.97...

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid. It's only the random 3 packs for $14.99

Kingu

quality posts: 41 Private Messages Kingu
zosai wrote:strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

Dontcha be messin' with my Circle K, bub.

acdawg

quality posts: 28 Private Messages acdawg

"Heather Gray. Just Heather Gray.
We call this color..."
Poor Heather. She doesn't even get a nickname on the main page.

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

I also like AA, please don't shift to another supplier..or at least change to ones with similar length, fit, colors like American Apparel.

Just don't use the ones used by Threadless nowadays. They're cheap looking. Neck lining bacon droops at Day 1.

j5

wrwine3 wrote:I'm curious what the sales figures have been since the price was raised in January. Not curious enough to actually check but curious nonetheless. ;)

If sales are lagging, I wonder if the switch is predicated on reducing the price back to $10. Or possibly an attempt to negotiate a lower price from American Apparel.

Can you tell I have a tendency to over think things?

I've been quietly tracking it. As predicted in some other long forgotten thread, the sales did dip for a few weeks, but seemed to have since recovered.
I'll dare to make another prediction here. This will be the same. After the change, sales will dip as loyal customers leave, only to recover as those customers are replaced with new ones, unaware of the "way things used to be" and likely apathetic about it.
I see this as phase 2 of an "increase corporate profit" directive.
Adder was right.

move along

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

I guess the real point here is if they do switch to a non-US supplier to cut costs then will this bring the prices back down to $10.00?

What would you rather have the same supplier at the higher cost or a different non-US supplier at lower cost?

If this move takes jobs away from Americans, I lean towards keeping it here in the US, no matter the cost. I hope more companies follow suit with keeping jobs here in the US.

talljay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talljay

I've donated too many "random" Woot shirts to order more and $8 for the others is no great shakes.

I predict Hanes Beefy T's in the near future.

j5

midgerock wrote:I guess the really point here is if they do switch to a non-US supplier to cut costs then will this bring the prices back down to $10.00?

Bet on no.

move along

khansel58

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khansel58
johnallen3601 wrote:I'll wait an see what happens, but like many above commenters, I wouldn't buy woot shirts if they didn't have the nigh unattainable combination of comfort and proper fit. If they end up with awful shirts, like certain other daily shirt pages, count me out.

Ditto here.

profbrendan

midgerock wrote:I guess the really point here is if they do switch to a non-US supplier to cut costs then will this bring the prices back down to $10.00?

What would you rather have the same supplier at the higher cost or a different non-US supplier at lower cost?

If this move takes jobs away from Americans, I lean towards keeping it here in the US, no matter the cost. I hope more companies follow suit with keeping jobs here in the US.

Same supplier, higher cost. I'd rather buy a shirt for a few dollars more and know I'm gonna like the design and the quality instead of a shirt that's a cheaper but lousy product. I'm already really selective when it comes to actually buying (8 shirts in 2 1/2 years) so the slight price increase is not going to stop me when I really want it.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
kevlar51 wrote:I'm curious if the decision to use Gildan hoodies was partly a test case to see how well non-USA-produced blanks would be received.

But please Woot, for the love of all that is holy, do not use Gildan blanks for your tees.

...Please?

Sad to see the move away from AA. There's the obvious domestic benefit, but I also can't think of a manufacturer whose quality and comfort comes close.

Ditto. I buy a lot of shirts, but only if the blank quality is soft and comfortable. There are definitely sites I don't buy from because the shirts are uncomfortable no matter how much I love the design.

marvay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marvay
joelterrific wrote:I hope to reassure that we'll be maintaining the same quality and workmanship you've come to expect.

Come on! This coming from a company whose customer base fights to buy Bags of Crap. The quality and workmanship we've come to expect can't be that high!

I've wanted to buy blank shirts from woot but couldn't in the past. I know I could buy them from AA, but without the Woot tag and instructions "not to be worn as pants", it's just not the same.

I was excited to see this sale. I am getting low on blank T's and I LOVE the 16 woot shirt's I've already bought. I might even try my luck at the Random Pick 3.

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
j5 wrote:I see this as phase 2 of an "increase corporate profit" directive.
Adder was right.

For better or worse, that's the state of large corporations. There will never be a point where profits are "good enough." You'll always be rated on how well your profits are increasing, not what they actually are. So as your department reaches a point where business is doing great, you have to start cutting corners to keep "improving." So even if your profits are through the roof, if they dip a bit the next year, you're viewed as troubled, even if "dip a bit" is still in "through the roof" territory.

For all I know, shirt.woot's profits might not be that great, or they might be stellar. I am rather surprised though to see so many cost changes taking place so closely together though.

silentg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silentg

What's this all about there shirt.woot!? I stick by you and support you in your decision to raise prices because it was justified. Changing suppliers will end all justification for me. Now that's all speculation and whatnot, but here's your fair warning. You're taking customers for granted, the ones who stuck by you through thick and thin. The ones who keep you employed. Bad idea bub. If you change suppliers I'm leaving this wretched shell of what used to be a company before being bought out by "the man". Good luck to you and whatever.

jjkehoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjkehoe
StealthMonkey wrote:I am scared. One of the biggest factors in me getting woot shirts is the shirt itself. The materials and build are great. So comfy. I just can't wear other t-shirts anymore. If the quality/softness goes down, I don't care how cool the designs are, I'll move on. Please don't move to some scratchy, poorly made, awful crap like everyone else.

Exactly. I sometimes buy designs I'm a little iffy on just because I know the shirts will fit well, wash well, and be super-comfortable. All that in a made in US shirt? Heck yes. Price increase didn't bother me at all because of that. Add me to the worried list.

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick

defibrillator

quality posts: 18 Private Messages defibrillator

I'm so terrified and anxious about the possibility of my T shirt blanks being manufactured by a different company, I just soiled myself right here at the computer.

P.S. I assure you, this is a quality post.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of the fit and shrinkability of American Apparel shirts. On the other hand, I was planning on getting back into screenprinting and could really use some cheap blanks.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

Changes to the shirt supplier?

I'm happy if it means the women's cuts fit better, but only if the quality is still good.