Ronski


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ronski

Keep 'em US made, thanks!

mrsstudrobinson


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrsstudrobinson
Sheneron wrote:WOW LOL... literally laughing so hard right now AHUHUHUH.

So let me get this straight, I get rejectorated multiple times for trying to get my vision through about how blanks are beautiful, blanks are great. Everyone is like Oh My Gookie! no no way will anyone buy a blank, we don't want a blank, blanks are bad. NOW look at everyone, now look at where we are. WOOT itself is selling blanks!!! That was my idea... (name calling removed). I don't know whether to laugh or cry right now.

This is literally the dream ive been dreaming ever since I came. Yes I would have liked to have been given credit for it but at least I can finally FINALLY get what i want.

WHERE ARE YOU CONRADS CAUSE LOOK AT WHERE WE ARE NOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

in for 15



I don't think you should get credit for a blank shirt unless you are the one who designed the shirt. Like, you came up with all the dimensions, how it's sewn together, the weight of the fabric, what colors they will be, and stuff of that nature. And something tells me that you didn't design the shirts. So, Woot is correct for not giving you credit for them. People are buying them now because they're being sold cheaper than a printed shirt, not at the same price.

Snowymartian


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Snowymartian

I hate hearing that the 'new' blanks are shorter, even 3/8 of an inch shorter. I am NOT short, nor am I small, one of the reasons I have bought at Shirt.woot has been the 3x will actually fit me decently enough to make me want to buy the shirts. At some point I'll get one of the designs on the new blanks and if doesn't fit right, no more money for you Woot.
I understand you if you don't make money, you guys don't have jobs anymore but the flip side is if you don't sell something I want, I spend zero money here. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels such here so if your numbers go to heck, you've had you're hint already.

Get a Woot-Off checker here http://woot.wikia.com/wiki/Woot-Off_Checkers

SpANG


quality posts: 6 Private Messages SpANG

Is Woot taking their business strategy from Netflix?

Raise price... offer less.

Maybe we'll get an 'apology' soon about how we 'didn't understand' the steps woot has taken.


I've only bought a few shirts from here anyway, but I'll not be buying any now. Not made in USA, no deal.

May as well buy from Snorg or the countless others.

"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable; only unexplained."

mcthatch


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mcthatch
tracergod wrote:*facepalm* Don't pull a netflix!

Same as everyone else. Stay with american made or no more woot shirts for me.



Agreed. AA fits me perfectly and I don't bother to shop at a lot of the other shirt a day sites because their shirts are ill fitting. Shirt.Woot goes away from AA means I probably won't be shopping here any more unless they find an equally well fitting shirt. Plus, the general quality of the shirts is great.

JABingham


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JABingham

Shirt.woot.com's new sizing chart notes that the new shirts are made in Honduras. That is very sad news.

goatherdered


quality posts: 2 Private Messages goatherdered

Is there any way to get three of the same color??

PrincessJenaynay


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PrincessJenaynay

AA shirts are wonderful but so are a lot of other brands/specific products. AA is also not the only blanks distributor/manufacturer in the United States. I understand why some of you are so passionate about this but at the same time Woot has done a good job with most of their choices. I don't think they would choose a crappy cheap shirt that isn't of good quality. Gildan has a Softstyle Junior Fit Tee that I actually prefer over AA. District Threads also has a wonderful tee in the Perfect Weight Crew Neck.

I know change is never fun and obviously has some wooters very frustrated but hopefully Woot knows what they are doing and this change is somehow for the best.

Who knows some of you distressed commenters may end up sixth months down the road liking the new shirt better! This doesn't have to be a negative change. It could even possibly be better than what we have gotten use to.

j3jymann


quality posts: 1 Private Messages j3jymann
PrincessJenaynay wrote:AA shirts are wonderful but so are a lot of other brands/specific products. AA is also not the only blanks distributor/manufacturer in the United States.




They're not using American made shirts anymore, they're using shirts from Honduras, they're heavier and shorter.

I'm 6'1 and live in florida, I want my t-shirts to breath and not be belly shirts. Most of my purchases from woot have come from shirt.woot and so I'll see other people's boycott and raise them an I'm not going to buy from ANY branch of woot because of their choice to charge us more money for an offshore product of inferior quality.

juniperlee


quality posts: 0 Private Messages juniperlee

Jobs are too scarce. And we have a major import and export prob in this country. Keep the shirts in the US.

PrincessJenaynay


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PrincessJenaynay

[quote postid="4866687" user="j3jymann"]They're not using American made shirts anymore, they're using shirts from Honduras, they're heavier and shorter.

I didn't realize someone from Woot had confirmed this. I thought it was just a statement by a random wooter as their were other jokes/mentions of tee's coming from other locations throughout this thread. To be honest I have not read every post though and could have missed it.

llamabox


quality posts: 36 Private Messages llamabox
goatherdered wrote:Is there any way to get three of the same color??



Yes, but you pay 3 x $7.99 NOT $14.99 (which is a random 3-pack)

Make your own damn beer

sarobison


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarobison

Well I guess the blanks will be the last t's I buy from shirt.woot. I can find cool designs at other sites if I wanted to buy shirts made anywhere but America. As a resident of a state where the textile industry has been decimated I prefer to buy Made in America clothing.

mskeem


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mskeem
PrincessJenaynay wrote:[quote postid="4866687" user="j3jymann"]They're not using American made shirts anymore, they're using shirts from Honduras, they're heavier and shorter.

I didn't realize someone from Woot had confirmed this. I thought it was just a statement by a random wooter as their were other jokes/mentions of tee's coming from other locations throughout this thread. To be honest I have not read every post though and could have missed it.



If you look at the sizing chart for the current shirt.woot, it states that the place of origin for the shirt is Honduras... Obviously not USA anymore...
I started buying woot shirts in '09 and have since purchased 43 shirts because they fit me so well and were very comfy and just all around good quality. I'm sad to say I'm with many other wooters on this one, voting with my wallet. Later guys, it was fun while it lasted. :'( and shame on you woot for letting us all down!

Gertrudethemutilator


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gertrudethemutilator

Thank you, thank you, thank you Woot! for this. http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=21882

There was something wrong with the old sizes.... in as much as a women's medium had the same chest measurement as a kid's 8.

Really, American Apparel? So when I was 8, before my boobs came in, and was still growing... I'm expected to be the same size now?
So again, thank you.

Life is like a box of chocolates, the good stuff's all gone, the rest will go eventually.

4khaos


quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
Gertrudethemutilator wrote:Thank you, thank you, thank you Woot! for this. http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=21882

There was something wrong with the old sizes.... in as much as a women's medium had the same chest measurement as a kid's 8.

Really, American Apparel? So when I was 8, before my boobs came in, and was still growing... I'm expected to be the same size now?
So again, thank you.


Believe it or not, there are plenty of women who were comfortable and liked AA women's sizes. (I'm not one of them - I'm a guy.)

Personally, I wouldn't even care if AA made their shirts even more slim. It would still fit me fine without being skin-tight.

CivlDX


quality posts: 7 Private Messages CivlDX

If anyone is interested, here is where you can purchase the same blank AA shirts once Woot ceases selling them:

http://store.americanapparel.net/2001.html?c=Lapis

As you can see, they sell for $10 more than Woot is selling them right now, so stock up!

airjordants


quality posts: 0 Private Messages airjordants

Bought two three packs of randoms amidst all of this fuss. Couldn't turn down the chance at quality shirts for a low price, now I'm just worried that I won't get a good selection of colors.

sirmsquared


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirmsquared

"As we prepare to make some changes to our shirt supplier"

Actually, I'm in favour of this change. I find that they don't quite fit me as well as TF T-shirts, for example. I also prefer the weight of TF T-shirts.

I presume that Woot are changing supplier in order to improve the quality of their T-shirts (not that the current ones are crap, I just think they could be a little bit better), so I am definitely looking forward to the change.

Go Woot!

Narfcake


quality posts: 280 Private Messages Narfcake
sirmsquared wrote:I presume that Woot are changing supplier in order to improve the quality of their T-shirts ...


If you read the mile-long-thread, they're going to Anvil (imported and cost less). They're not any heavier in weight, so don't compare them to a TeeFury (Alstyle 1701).

Many of us are NOT happy, BTW.

morgankohl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
sirmsquared wrote:"As we prepare to make some changes to our shirt supplier"

Actually, I'm in favour of this change. I find that they don't quite fit me as well as TF T-shirts, for example. I also prefer the weight of TF T-shirts.

I presume that Woot are changing supplier in order to improve the quality of their T-shirts (not that the current ones are crap, I just think they could be a little bit better), so I am definitely looking forward to the change.

Go Woot!



:O
Blasphemer!

morgankohl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl

Is anyone else on here wishing that they'd hang onto the AA blanks to *print* on? I want to enjoy my shirts before I'm forced to lament the good ol' days.

Sheneron


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sheneron
dglenniu03 wrote:you are all worked up about the brand of T-shirt. Really. As a business owner, I am sure they have good reason to change suppliers. My guess is that they are questioning why some of you only wear shirt.woot shirts and don't have a real wardrobe.



Are you seriously this stupid? Can you really not think of any reason that people would be upset that the brand of T-shirt is changing? Did you even think at all before you posted that...?

Lets review shirt.woots brilliant business model:

1) Jack up price of product to consumers
2) Change supplier reducing quality of product

yeah seems like a great move to maintain business. One of the big reasons I buy shirts here is because the AA's are such good quality and fit.

woot wrote:For a long time, we ran on thin margins that didn’t leave us much room to experiment. Now we can continue expanding our selection and taking chances on different kinds of products that we may not have been able to try before.



Why don't you just keep making good shirts like you used to since that's all we want from you? Ya dun and got to greedy... Ill be grabbing a few stacks of AA's and say my farewells to buying shirts here.

Whisk33


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Whisk33

NO larges in various colors... Too bad we can't search by size instead of color...

realtimshady


quality posts: 0 Private Messages realtimshady

There's 10 out of the 18 colors I'd be pretty happy with, so I'm in for a random pack (maybe 2). Is anyone out there interested in potentially trading colors we're unhappy with?

airjordants


quality posts: 0 Private Messages airjordants
realtimshady wrote:There's 10 out of the 18 colors I'd be pretty happy with, so I'm in for a random pack (maybe 2). Is anyone out there interested in potentially trading colors we're unhappy with?



I'd be up for trading, as long as you are a guy. You're name and avatar have me confused...

I'll be receiving six randoms so I could end up with anything.

UlygebL


quality posts: 0 Private Messages UlygebL

You can still get great AA shirts with good graphics at Zen Threads (do a Google search for Zen Threads). It is at http://zenthreadsshop.com/Default.aspx . They also sell on ebay at seller ID zenthreads. I am not affiliated with them, I just love AA shirts and they have better graphics than the typical daily Woot shirt. Hope this helps. They go for $20 shipped on ebay.

missbutcher


quality posts: 0 Private Messages missbutcher

American Apparel shirts have such a great fit. I do not believe we will be purchasing anymore if they are switching to a cheaper and presumably much poorer quality brand.


bluejester wrote:"As we prepare to make some changes to our shirt supplier..."

This quote right here has me worried. A big part of the reason that I wasn't kicking up a stink about the price increase on the dailies was because I knew you guys were still using American A. Blanks. What is the new supplier?

I hope I don't sound corny here, but I liked that you guys were buying American manufactured goods.

What gives?



mrsstudrobinson


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrsstudrobinson
morgankohl wrote:Is anyone else on here wishing that they'd hang onto the AA blanks to *print* on? I want to enjoy my shirts before I'm forced to lament the good ol' days.



Yeah, me!

Narfcake


quality posts: 280 Private Messages Narfcake

With less than an hour left, the following colors and their size(s) are sold out already:

Red - K12
Royal Blue - K12
Grass Green - WM, L, K6
Asphalt - K6
Kelly Green - WM, S, M, L, XL, K6, K12
Navy - K4
Heather Gray - WS, WM, WL, S, L, 3X
Black - M, L, 3X

... which means DON'T expect to get one of them if you bought the randoms.

So say you bought a 3-pack random, size L ... DON'T expect to get Grass Green, Kelly Green, Heather Gray, or Black in your pack.

ktran7


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktran7
Narfcake wrote:With less than an hour left, the following colors and their size(s) are sold out already:

Red - K12
Royal Blue - K12
Grass Green - WM, L, K6
Asphalt - K6
Kelly Green - WM, S, M, L, XL, K6, K12
Navy - K4
Heather Gray - WS, WM, WL, S, L, 3X
Black - M, L, 3X

... which means DON'T expect to get one of them if you bought the randoms.

So say you bought a 3-pack random, size L ... DON'T expect to get Grass Green, Kelly Green, Heather Gray, or Black in your pack.




Crap, I was hoping for a Medium men black.

Also i like to thankyou for the info

i4k20c


quality posts: 0 Private Messages i4k20c

has anyone's order actually shipped?

i want my last purchase from woot. =/



inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
i4k20c wrote:has anyone's order actually shipped?

i want my last purchase from woot. =/



We'll check into this.

I'm just hanging out, really.

rockymike


quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike
Narfcake wrote:With less than an hour left, the following colors and their size(s) are sold out already:

Red - K12
Royal Blue - K12
Grass Green - WM, L, K6
Asphalt - K6
Kelly Green - WM, S, M, L, XL, K6, K12
Navy - K4
Heather Gray - WS, WM, WL, S, L, 3X
Black - M, L, 3X

... which means DON'T expect to get one of them if you bought the randoms.

So say you bought a 3-pack random, size L ... DON'T expect to get Grass Green, Kelly Green, Heather Gray, or Black in your pack.



All the 2X are still available. As long as I don't get black, I'll be happy.

i4k20c wrote:has anyone's order actually shipped?

i want my last purchase from woot. =/



No, but it looks like they didn't start shipping them until yesterday, so they should be on there way in the next few days. I haven't been this excited for an order since the last random shirt day.

Yeah, so there's that...

tman2088


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tman2088
i4k20c wrote:has anyone's order actually shipped?

i want my last purchase from woot. =/



Blank Tee orders began shipping yesterday, Feb. 29th. You should start receiving confirmation emails with tracking information soon.

bigjohn756


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigjohn756


What the hell happened to five day shipping? If you can't do it then don't promise it. Also, how can certain colors be sold out when we never got to select colors in the first place? Random, remember?

leafletk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages leafletk

It has now been five days (ordered Feb 23) and my random 3 packs have not shipped. Is anyone else having problems with shipping?

adamselby


quality posts: 2 Private Messages adamselby
leafletk wrote:It has now been five days (ordered Feb 23) and my random 3 packs have not shipped. Is anyone else having problems with shipping?



There were options to choose your color...

coreylamb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages coreylamb
tman2088 wrote:Blank Tee orders began shipping yesterday, Feb. 29th. You should start receiving confirmation emails with tracking information soon.



Well that's good to hear.. Any priority been given to those who paid for overnight though since it would appear that mine haven't shipped yet?

knerrjg


quality posts: 0 Private Messages knerrjg

So..... Any update on the shipping? Its now been a week and 3 days since my order. This is getting ridiculous. I always thought the five days to ship was kind of long to begin with, but now they can't even get it done in eight?