rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike
ochopika wrote:Thanks for saving my turtle! I'm sad to see my kitty go, but thanks for keeping him up there for so long.

Best Thank You Ever!

Yeah, so there's that...

tnode192

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tnode192

I seem to recall a comment that the maximum number of Skippy Squirrel shirts to make it through their first Reckoning was five, so was the six that made it this week a new record?

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
ochopika wrote:Thanks for saving my turtle! I'm sad to see my kitty go, but thanks for keeping him up there for so long.

Sorry to see it go - I bought my extra-extra Kitty [the first one suffered at my Kittehs claws ] earlier in the week and my extra-extra SammyZombie {my first SammyZombie is now a play shirt ] last week. I think in all [with giftees] I bought six BreadKittehs - I'll miss it!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I know thank you cards are a pretty dead art but I would totally send those as thank you cards.

I'm just hanging out, really.

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike

I broke the rules I imposed on myself last week and bought my third and final Makin' Bread shirt. Here's hoping it finds new life as an apron sometime in the future.

I feel like Going to a Cheesier Place got a premature demise. Then again, while I love the design, I felt that it didn't translate well into a t-shirt. The color composition seems muddy on the copy that I got.

Yeah, so there's that...

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1

That's awesome! I'd love to see the send-off illustration become a tradition.

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
Weezknight wrote:Yeah, but after reading these forums for years on end, it's more fun to keep him in the role of villain. :D

Dude, that is sooo last year!

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal

Goodbye kitty. I hope to see you on an apron soon!

jhgalvas

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas

These last 3 weeks have seen a number of favorites fall. Adding up the number of weeks in the reckoning for each of the last 3 weeks of reckoned shirts we get 59+165+81=305 weeks spent on the charts. That's 5 years and 45 weeks if figured consecutively. 7 weeks shy of 6 years.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux
ramyb wrote:
[With the way things are these days, the only thing you can do is buy your favorites and cross your fingers, and know that your one purchase will very likely make a difference.

So why didn't my purchase of Blossom save it?

Right now I am waiting until the last weekend to purchase a shirt as I want to try the "New and Improved Bigger Chick Shirt." I really was hopeing that Blossom would reprint on Anvil as white shirts look very thin over the rack. Maybe Playing Koi will become my test!

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Congratulations on the great run with Acquired Taste patrickspens. I hope you celebrate with your favourite sandwich.
As to the question of wanting to see long term shirts go, I have to admit to being divided on that. Shirts like Acquired Taste, The Binge and It Came Out of Nowhere seem to add something to the site. They must be responsible for a huge number return customers and that can only be good for the growth of the site and community. That other grey shirt is in it's own category. It has generated so much criticism and resentment that it's hard to weigh up against sales made. I do wonder about all the other shirts and artists that would have benefited from an extra week of sales instead of the texty bird holding down a perch in the top 20.
When Narfcake picks the week that a secret buying cartel can boost shirts to put the bird to flight he knows how to contact me.

TheGolux

bounty42 wrote:If I'm following, this means we've got an error on Element's of Life's count. Do you ever try to fix that?

Narf's counts are his counts. They are wonderful and helpful but they are not and have never been official. Narfcake works to make his counts as accurate as possible, with a little help from little birds and the Number Nerds (is that the best name?)

When he has information that helps with his formulas, he will fix the formulas. With time they have become more accurate and helpful. But never official....and that's the way we want it.

Eileen, the Shirt Woot CPA, charter member of the Number Nerds

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
aramis525 wrote:This makes me sad. I forgot to check the recokning that day until after 12:00 and you're telling me that one shirt would have kept FireNinja around another week?!?! I'm going to go cry again!

It could've kept it alive AND kill the bird.

bounty42 wrote:If I'm following, this means we've got an error on Element's of Life's count. Do you ever try to fix that?

No I haven't, hence the disclaimer. Nonetheless, the other five shirts all sold 648 in this reckoning period, hence why I can say it was a 6-way tie from 15th to 20th.

Acquired Taste was "substantially" behind at 645.

Weezknight wrote:Guess these tight reckonings leave people in less of a mood to joke. Mea maxima culpa.

Many of us aren't in the mood because of this.

- I sided with Woot when they bumped the sales from 3k to 5k without a bump in the artist compensation, even though we have numbers reflecting that the artists are taking a sizable cut in commissions.
- I sided with Woot when the debut day went from $10 to $12 last month.
- I'm NOT siding with Woot taking their bread-and-butter product from Made in the USA to Made in Honduras.

tnode192 wrote:I seem to recall a comment that the maximum number of Skippy Squirrel shirts to make it through their first Reckoning was five, so was the six that made it this week a new record?

Yep, it's a new record.

crazydoglady wrote:Dude, that is sooo last year!

Haha ... yeah, it seriously is.

When I started doing the numbers, it was to document the shenanigans that occurred on Monday mornings. That actually proved more of the opposite - that it wasn't as substantial as what the naysayers have said, and that the fight for survival very well is this close.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
inkycatz wrote:I know thank you cards are a pretty dead art but I would totally send those as thank you cards.

Call me a dinosaur if you must, but I still send out hand-written thank you notes on a pretty regular basis.

Among all of the new products being offered weekly, I'd actually love to see thank you cards (or even all-purpose note cards that are blank inside) offered as one of the options - especially since I doubt I'll be purchasing shirts anymore.

Who knows, if people picked up some really fantastic cards, maybe the practice would come back into fashion? ;)

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05
TheGolux wrote:Narfcake...and the Number Nerds

We were the backup band in the Cantina Scene. Dibs on drums.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

Acquired Taste going makes me very, very sad. I need to decide whether or not to order a couple more backups before midnight. With the new blanks taking over soon, it might even be my last Woot purchase.

pizzatroll

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pizzatroll

Welp, so much for holding out on Acquired Taste.

Here's two more of my dollars, Mr. patrickspens.

bluejester

quality posts: 563 Private Messages bluejester

So Narfcake, which shirt are you attempting to be "wooter to blame for sellout" on tonight?

I'd like to know what the competition is like.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
TheGolux wrote:Eileen, the Shirt Woot CPA, charter member of the Number Nerds

Does this mean you're a CPA who hangs out on shirt.woot or are you shirt.woot's CPA?

move along

Narfcake

bluejester wrote:So Narfcake, which shirt are you attempting to be "wooter to blame for sellout" on tonight?

I'd like to know what the competition is like.

HAHA!

Seriously, I haven't decided if I need to, but if I do decide, let's just say "I'll fight you for it." Again.

Now ... to look for a coin ...

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven

Well, that pushed me over the edge. Ordered a farewell makin' bread, even if I know several friends who also have it and I worry we will show up wearing the same shirt on the same evening.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

Aaand I just pulled the trigger on a Blossom, finally. Since I don't want to play risk with the new blanks this is probably my last woot for a while unless they decide to do a Stars redux or space derby. (hint hint)

TheGolux

PixelPants wrote:When Narfcake picks the week that a secret buying cartel can boost shirts to put the bird to flight he knows how to contact me.

Ooh, can I join that club too?

bluejester

Dude, Narf...

I'm beginning to take this all personal.

Narfcake

bluejester wrote:Dude, Narf...

I'm beginning to take this all personal.

First sucker: Narfcake
Speed to first woot: 0m 45.780s
Last wooter to woot: Narfcake
Last purchase time: Monday, February 27, 2012, 11:54:24 PM Central Time

It ended up being the only one. Server time out killed my attempts at two others.

This will most likely be the very very last time I'm pulling this off. I expect Lucky at Last to get a reprint run in the future; by then, they won't be AA.

bluejester

Narfcake wrote:First sucker: Narfcake
Speed to first woot: 0m 45.780s
Last wooter to woot: Narfcake
Last purchase time: Monday, February 27, 2012, 11:54:24 PM Central Time

It ended up being the only one. Server time out killed my attempts at two others.

I just figured I'd be safe getting the mouse one. I had meant to get that one when it first opened, but got to the comp a bit late. Figured you would snag up Acquired Taste before the bell.

Narfcake

bluejester wrote:I just figured I'd be safe getting the mouse one. I had meant to get that one when it first opened, but got to the comp a bit late. Figured you would snag up Acquired Taste before the bell.

Come on! - You know I've consistently pulled off such shirt nerdery stunts!

bluejester

Narfcake wrote:Come on! - You know I've consistently pulled off such shirt nerdery stunts!

That, and I chalk it up to the fact that my computer runs a bit slow and old.

Ah well. Good game.

Narfcake

bluejester wrote:That, and I chalk it up to the fact that my computer runs a bit slow and old.

Ah well. Good game.

FWIW, I was indeed aiming for Acquired Taste and Makin' Bread too, but both of those timed out on the order screen. And by that time, it was too late.

FWIW, I started with the Cheesier order at :53 after.

(For those who have no idea what we're talking about, three times I've sniped Bluejester for the "last wooter" title.)

bluejester

Narfcake wrote:FWIW, I was indeed aiming for Acquired Taste and Makin' Bread too, but both of those timed out on the order screen. And by that time, it was too late.

FWIW, I started with the Cheesier order at :53 after.

(For those who have no idea what we're talking about, three times I've sniped Bluejester for the "last wooter" title.)

Hmmm, it might have been the woot servers then. I went for the purchase at 11:53 and it seemed like it was timing out. I refreshed the screen, and backed out to clear the problem. When I made my purchase, my computer said it was 11:54 (actually 10:54, but trying to keep it time zone simple here).

Narfcake

bluejester wrote:Hmmm, it might have been the woot servers then.

Most likely. DAMN YOU AGAIN, WOOT!

For those who have no idea what I mean by shirt nerdery, look at the stats for the following five shirts:

Release the Cuddlin'
The Three Classical States of Matter
Dojo Chores
I Want to Fly
Going to a Cheesier Place

TheGolux

j5 wrote:Does this mean you're a CPA who hangs out on shirt.woot or are you shirt.woot's CPA?

Since I am in California I must confess that tracking Woot numbers is a hobby. But I did just check, with my first name and any other info I posted on Woot, and I am just one of over 100 CPAs in Californa with Eileen a part of my name. My secret idenity is safe!!

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Narfcake wrote:

For those who have no idea what I mean by shirt nerdery, look at the stats for the following five shirts:

That's nuts Narfcake! Have you got a staff discount card or something?

Narfcake

PixelPants wrote:That's nuts Narfcake! Have you got a staff discount card or something?

Nope.

All this comes to an end soon anyways; No more made-in-the-USA = Narf not buying more shirts.

j5

TheGolux wrote:Since I am in California I must confess that tracking Woot numbers is a hobby. But I did just check, with my first name and any other info I posted on Woot, and I am just one of over 100 CPAs in Californa with Eileen a part of my name. My secret idenity is safe!!

LOL.
I wasn't trying to stalk you, just wondering if you worked for Woot!

move along

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
j5 wrote:LOL.
I wasn't trying to stalk you, just wondering if you worked for Woot!

I would imagine the first thing all stalkers say is "I wasn't stalking you."

Nothing follows.

j5

taternuggets wrote:I would imagine the first thing all stalkers say is "I wasn't stalking you."

how YOU doin?
:eyebrow-waggle:

move along