askjeffro

quality posts: 1 Private Messages askjeffro

I've bought my fair share of woot shirts but my recent shirts have not fit as well. I thought at first I was just gaining or losing weight, but I also noticed they felt differently.

So I checked the tag and sure enough, no longer made in the USA. I previously voted for the price increase to keep the shirts made in the US, so I was confused. This thread cleared up the issue for me.

Sad to say, I think I've bought my last woot shirt. I hope woot considers returning to using American shirts.

fireinside2288

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fireinside2288
askjeffro wrote:I've bought my fair share of woot shirts but my recent shirts have not fit as well. I thought at first I was just gaining or losing weight, but I also noticed they felt differently.

So I checked the tag and sure enough, no longer made in the USA. I previously voted for the price increase to keep the shirts made in the US, so I was confused. This thread cleared up the issue for me.

Sad to say, I think I've bought my last woot shirt. I hope woot considers returning to using American shirts.

The woot FAQ's are still wrong im guessing, it still says "Although the people who make them do sweat occasionally, Woot Tees are produced in sweatshop-free conditions." is that true?? how can you prove to us that it is when its not in America?? i know yall wont fly over there and see how your blanks are being maid, so ill assume little kids to adults make these, work 18 hours a day and get paid 14 cents a month. Keep our business in our country, please go back to AA

Coelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coelli

I just wanted to follow up to this thread to post about how the change in shirt blanks has affected my purchasing. I'm female, 5'2", and my weight has ranged between 150lbs and 185, so I have a gamut of sizes in my closet.

I looked at my purchase history and since 2008 I have 80 woots, and at a guess 78 or 79 of them were from shirt.woot. Most of them were for me but many of those were multiples for other members of my family. All told I'm estimating 125+ shirts (we even bought 5 of Warpig between my boyfriend and I!).

I still get the daily email, but don't always open it. This is a far cry from when I lived on the east coast and would check shirt.woot on my phone before I even got out of bed because the good shirts were sometimes sold out by the time I woke up at 8. Now before I buy a shirt I have to decide not whether I like it, but whether I really love the design enough to put up with the terrible fit of the Anvil shirts. They fit fairly well almost everywhere but have this strange extra flap of fabric at each armpit - maybe I'm too busty, but I don't think a 36C is really that abnormal. Instead of laying flat at the shoulders, the fabric tents away. It's horribly unattractive. I've cut the collar out of a couple of them to relax the fit enough to lay flat, but then I'm wearing a cut-up shirt..which is okay, but I'd rather have a collared shirt that fits.

I've only bought 3 or 4 shirts for myself since the switch and a few for my boyfriend and kids. It's depressing - I really loved the thrill of seeing an awesome new shirt and grabbing it.

I'll try a MS instead of a WM.. Who knows, maybe it will fit better and I can renew my love affair with woot shirts instead of heading to teefury or sixdollarshirts or tshirtbordello? Would love woot to go back to using shirts made in the USA too.. But those are my two cents. Would love to spend them at woot again (and I'm sure the artists would too - I'm looking at you, parrickspens!)

karachay40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karachay40

I have no idea what size I should get. I'm almost 5'3 and about 110 lbs. I'm afraid that the WS is going to be too big. I like thin and form-fitting clothing....do you guys think I should skip buying a shirt? I really want the cat in the box shirt, but I don't want to waste $15 =(

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat
karachay40 wrote:I have no idea what size I should get. I'm almost 5'3 and about 110 lbs. I'm afraid that the WS is going to be too big. I like thin and form-fitting clothing....do you guys think I should skip buying a shirt? I really want the cat in the box shirt, but I don't want to waste $15 =(

Don't bother. The WS will be too big, except that it will bind under the armpits if you are at all busty.

I'm about your size, and I stopped buying daily shirts after 1 Anvil. I check in once or twice a week for side sales.

trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss

Well, I finally tried the WXL. The shirt is too short, which I figured it would be. The sleeves are really weird, and fit tight around my arm and are loose on my shoulders, causing this weird horn/wing thing at my shoulders when I move my arms.

I'm completely out of choices. The MXL is too big width wise and too short lengthwise. I would try ML, but if MXL is already too short, there is no sense in even trying. And now I've ruled out the WXL.

Woot, when are you going to get some decent shirt blanks again?

orbenn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orbenn

Based on the time of this blog and the time I bought my shirt (may of this year) I'm assuming that the American Apparel labeled tee I got is one of these shirts.

I have to say I'm disappointed in the quality. The print looks great, but the shirt itself fits quite small (especially after it shrunk a tad in the wash). I'm normally a large, but the large I received fits like a medium.

In addition the shirt is very thin and lightweight. Please consider using a manufacturer that delivers heavy duty tshirts, or give the option to order heavy duty versions of these prints.

I'd gladly pay an extra 2 or 5 dollars to get a shirt I can wear more than once before it shrinks and develops holes.

haggercody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haggercody

I wish I noticed this notification earlier. Now I understand why all of my new woot shirts are so short! I would gladly pay more to go back to the AA shirts. The newer shirts just don't fit well. I will not continue to buy anymore.

graywh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages graywh
orbenn wrote:Based on the time of this blog and the time I bought my shirt (may of this year) I'm assuming that the American Apparel labeled tee I got is one of these shirts.

I have to say I'm disappointed in the quality. The print looks great, but the shirt itself fits quite small (especially after it shrunk a tad in the wash). I'm normally a large, but the large I received fits like a medium.

In addition the shirt is very thin and lightweight. Please consider using a manufacturer that delivers heavy duty tshirts, or give the option to order heavy duty versions of these prints.

I'd gladly pay an extra 2 or 5 dollars to get a shirt I can wear more than once before it shrinks and develops holes.

If the tag said "American Apparel" (aka AA), it's not one of the new Anvil shirts.

And yes, the AA shirts are thin and snug.

moxed42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moxed42

I'm here to add my name to the list of complainers. For my past 3 shirt orders, I've gone insane thinking I've ordered the wrong size or that there was an error in shipping. Apparently now this is just the new poor fit of the shirts.

I used to order a WM, they had a nice baby doll-esq fit that highlighted a waist. Now, when I order a WM there's absolutely no shape--it's like wearing a men's box shirt.

I'm very disappointed and I'm hoping woot switches back to the old system.

Eyerate

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eyerate

still guys? seriously? how much louder can we say it? SWITCH BACK TO AMERICAN APPAREL BLANKS. we voted to keep our shirts made in america, even at the raised cost. now you give us foreign garbage with some of the worst fits and QC imaginable for both men and women.

check my account. you see all those shirt purchases? see when they stopped?

im here for the dyson, and now i guess im back on my way until you guys wise up and fix one of the biggest mistakes ive ever seen a company make.

generalerin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages generalerin

Just weighing in my dislike for the Anvil Tshirts. I've purchased a few since the switch. While my AA shirts are still in great condition, the Anvil shirts are already getting those weird fuzz balls after only a few washes.

Plus, the fit is weird. I've tried both WL and WM and they are both big. Except the M is small in odd places like the armpits.

zeksar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zeksar

Well, after a long break from a mild shirt.woot addiction, I bought another shirt. Without realizing the blanks were different. I think I just bought my last woot. The new women's XL reminds me of a maternity shirt. Sort of. Except I wore my old WXL shirts all through my pregnancy and they fit fine.

The new shirts are just yucky. Maybe I could wear it to scrub the toilet, but certainly not out of the house. Woot's response to my complaint? Come to this thread and read about how everyone else thinks they suck, too. I wish I could post a picture showing how different in size they are. I thought they mistakenly sent me a man's xl!

I will spend a few more bucks for a clever shirt that actually fits like it isn't a $0.25 thrift store reject. I wish I could just get my money back!

iankrest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iankrest

I think it is fairly clear that Woot does not care what its customers think of the new shirts. When customer service responds to your complaint by basically saying you are wrong for thinking there is a problem, there isn't really much hope for change.

twowaymirror

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twowaymirror

I am still buying woots because I do love the designs but when I tell friends about them now I have to give them the disclaimer: "theyre printed on cheap shirts" kinda sad...

captainlaurie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainlaurie
mrwednesday wrote:So the short version is that you're outsourcing your blanks so that you can fund pet projects that operate at a loss because they aren't popular enough to be sustainable? And you're doing all of this at the expense of your core business and values?

I am completely serious when I say please point me to the part of this decision that makes sense.....

Thank you for saying exactly what I was thinking.

captainlaurie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainlaurie

I despise Anvil shirts. I used to do some screenprinting of my own and I bought Anvil shirts because they were bottom-of-the-barrel cheap and looked great at first. The problem with Anvil shirts happens after the first wash: if you air-dry them they'll shrink a bit less, but one trip to the dryer and you've got a shirt that's about 4 inches shorter than it should be. If you're big like I am (I wear a 3XL) that length is important because nobody my size wants their big fat belly hanging out. I have a sh*tload of Anvil shirts now that I wear around the house to clean or to sleep in because they've shrunken into misshapen blobs.

I loved that Woot shirts were printed on American Apparel shirts, that's one of the reasons I bought them. This change is extremely disappointing. For the record I would be willing to pay more to have the option of American Apparel shirts again. Why not offer that as an option at a higher price to the customer instead of forcing us to buy inferior crap-quality shirts.

I used to pimp this site out by word of mouth whenever someone admired one of the shirts I was wearing, but I won't be doing that anymore. This change has destroyed my confidence in your brand.

trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss
captainlaurie wrote:I loved that Woot shirts were printed on American Apparel shirts, that's one of the reasons I bought them. This change is extremely disappointing. For the record I would be willing to pay more to have the option of American Apparel shirts again. Why not offer that as an option at a higher price to the customer instead of forcing us to buy inferior crap-quality shirts.

Quick, go buy some great Woot designs on Purple American Apparel shirts!

speedogirl2

quality posts: 28 Private Messages speedogirl2
trekmiss wrote:Quick, go buy some great Woot designs on Purple American Apparel shirts!

Thank you for this post, I had no idea. Yippie!

misterced

quality posts: 0 Private Messages misterced

Checking back in after a seven month absence, and sorely disappointed to see the Anvils are still being used. I'm disheartened that my initial reaction to a great shirt.woot has changed from "Sold!" to "If only it was American Apparel".

morningphyre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morningphyre

Another person complaining about the switch to Anvil shirts. I find the collars are not as good of a fit; can't stand the change. This is such a shame, because there's several designs I'd be pretty pleased with buying if I knew the shirts were as comfortable as they always were.

Sorry, Woot. We loved you best when you were true to us.

KarmaSita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KarmaSita

I've never posted on woot before but I've been buying shirts for my son for years. The last 3 that I got all had giant neck holes so big they hang off his shoulder like an 80's dance movie. I love woot and I love the shirts, but I can't order anymore until they go back to actually fitting him. Sorry guys.

tpohlman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tpohlman

I'll add my disappointment to the mix.

Sorry the Anvil shirts are not holding up. I expect my couple shirts a month habit I've had over the last few years will become a once or twice a year, since you still have great designs.

The Y4 shirts I've bought for my son have huge necks and are way to short. Don't think midriffs have come back in style for 4 year olds.

jroth420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jroth420

Wow, 38 pages of negative posts (not ONE positive that I could find that didn't come from the staff trying to butter us up) and they still don't give a damn.

Let me add myself to this list of angry people, and as one that has 60 or 70 Shirt.Woot purchases, I am probably among the MOST disappointed. I know that you don't even read this thread anymore, so this is pointless but oh well I need to vent.

The new shirts fit like garbage for all of the many reasons already stated. They shrink super short, the neck holes are too large, the collars bacon like crazy and the threads come apart in no time.

Until I see a stunning announcement that Woot might actually care in the least what their most loyal customers have to say and they go back to the AA shirts or something that actually fits even remotely right, I'm done buying Woot shirts.

And that makes me very sad. Seriously.

ravinecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravinecat
sarahat wrote:Don't bother. The WS will be too big, except that it will bind under the armpits if you are at all busty.

I'm about your size, and I stopped buying daily shirts after 1 Anvil. I check in once or twice a week for side sales.

Agreed! There aren't options for those of us who are smaller and don't want to purchase an unshapely youth shirt. I'd like to see at least an xs size added.

Mwguthri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mwguthri

I have noticed recently that my woot shirts have been of poor quality. In particular the necks become stretched out and saggy after as few as one or two washes. I can not wear a shirt with a stretched out neck, it shows my chest hair (really not a fan) and feels like the shirt doesn't fit well. Also the stitching pops out (not sure if this is the correct term).

I checked and sure enough - all of these shirts are made in Nicaragua, Honduras (don't remember exactly), they're no longer American Apparel shirts.

Sorry Woot guys, I like you but this isn't working for me. I'll buy more shirts from you if you switch back to AA shirts.

orphicdragon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages orphicdragon

Hopping on the "done with woot" bandwagon. I've been drifting away anyway because many of the designs are just kinda "meh" for me but once every 4 months or so found me buying a tee. No more. Doesn't matter how awesome the design is if you can't wear the darn shirt. Buying a woot shirt is buying $12 garbage. If I want garbage I will go to Tanga.

All well. Gives me more $$$ for the other awesome sites and dayoftheshirt still offers me something to look forward to impatiently everyday. :D

As much as I love *regular* Amazon, everything they buy, take over or touch turns to caca.

nathanlane

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nathanlane

Just adding my voice to the chorus. Anvil has cured my addiction to shirt.woot
Bring back AA

panpear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages panpear

I hadn't bought shirts for awhile, but some cool designs brought me back. I even wore a few of the anvil shirts I had bought before... which reminded me why I had stopped buying shirts for awhile.

It's not that I don't mind the shape of the shirts that much. But after 1 or 2 washings the thread for various seams start coming out! I have three shirts that have loose threads either from the sleeves or waist. Of course, I could cut them, but it's likely it would keep going. (And I'm lazy). None of my other woot shirts would start falling apart this quickly.

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass

I'm sure it's been asked but can't find info on it but does anyone know if the kid's shirts have smaller arm/neck holes than the adult ones? The measurements only tell you how long and wide a shirt is. I'm realizing that I like the men's cut better but want the smaller print of the women/kid size shirts.

Alternatively, any chance of choosing a print size as well as a shirt size Woot??

iankrest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iankrest
badlass wrote:I'm sure it's been asked but can't find info on it but does anyone know if the kid's shirts have smaller arm/neck holes than the adult ones? The measurements only tell you how long and wide a shirt is. I'm realizing that I like the men's cut better but want the smaller print of the women/kid size shirts.

Don't bother. Like the adult shirts, the kids shirts are also terrible quality because of the Anvil blanks. The arms holes are smaller, but the neck holes will stretch out so badly that the shirt will slide over my son's shoulder while he is wearing it. The shirts are garbage after only few times wearing it unlike the Woot shirts of old.

zigzag23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zigzag23

Dear Woot!,
Well Halloween is over and it WAS time to begin my annual Xmas shopping. I always buy a couple of shirts for my friends and family and a few for myself, I love WOOT. I was always the wait until the last minute kind of gift giver, before I browsed my way way into your little corner of the internet so many years ago. Like running to the mall and elbowing other poor, procrastinating S.O.B's for the only tickle me Elmo doll left. That last minute kind of gift giver. The last couple of years have been different though. WOOT shirts! All of a sudden, after years of being a Humbug, I was the guy heading to Bob Cratchit's for Goose. People loved their shirts!; it wasn't like the kitchen utensils I used to buy at the grocery on the morning of Dec.25th. They wore them even; as opposed to ties shaped like salmon. Beautiful artwork, original designs and each shirt a bastion of quality; all for a reasonable price. I didn't even have to wrap them, the packaging you ship them in was far better than the newspaper and brown paper bags I always use. Every shirt had a label that everyone loved too. Woot! American Apparel, Made In The USA. Well, WOOT, I'm boned, no goose dinner for me. I can only assume that the two monkeys that sneak past my spam filter each day and fill up my inbox are behind your shift to a non-American manufacturer. After reading the reviews, I will not be purchasing anymore Woot! Shirts. Sound like Atlas shirts suck. I'm tall too, so the fit probably won't work. American Apparel makes the best shirts too. They ladt and they're soft. Mortimer, Monte I hope you damn, dirty apes are happy; you've ruined Christmas worse than that Nightmare Tim Burton Jack fella did. I guess everyone's getting New Balance socks and turkey basters this year.
BAH HUMBUG

valianteffort

quality posts: 29 Private Messages valianteffort

It's sad to say, because this used to be my favorite shirt site out there, but I'm probably not going to be buying any more shirts barring a random sale, but even them I am now on the fence about. The quality of the shirts is just so poor now. And why are the neck holes so big? Uggh.

Take a look at my purchase history and see how many shirts I've purchased since the change to Anvil. Yeah....that's a LOT of lost revenue. So sad.

dreamyvelvet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dreamyvelvet

I no longer buy Woot shirts either. I will buy the Randoms but will NOT pay full price for the Anvil etc shirts. Please, please, please bring back the American Apparel.

paintednightsky

quality posts: 6 Private Messages paintednightsky

After testing out the Anvil shirts, I will refrain from buying a shirt unless it is cheap random or I LOVE the design. Or if they make another run of AA shirts in a plus sale like the purple cat pop tart shirt I got today I would have bought today's dragon design, but now having experience with quite a few Anvil shirts that aren't keeping their quality, I will resist. If it was AA, I would have bought the shirt without thinking twice about it. I would think more sales with a slightly higher cost quality shirt would more than make up for less sales caused by a lower cost mediocre shirt.

At first, it really didn't bother me much. A shirt is a shirt right? But to me the new shirts are so shapeless. Once you wash it they all get shorter and still remain fat width wise. Not a flattering look. I've tried S, M, L in woman's ( did this hoping the length would remain) and also a small in men's (which was the longest in length of any woman's sizes but than had a flared sleeve on me). I can't tell difference in size with any of them. Usually there is noticeable difference in sizes but these are just so shapeless :/ Even new it is very hard to tell the difference and I've tried all different sizes to see if it would make a difference since they all shrink shorter. I find myself wearing the shirts less and less and back to my normal shirts before I found woot when they had just switched to Anvil. Gotta say even blank walmart shirts are better. T

norredm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages norredm

Woot has lost my wife and I as frequent buyers. The new shirts no longer fit correctly for her. In the past I have frequently recommended woot shirts to others, but I can no longer do that. My 12 shirts a year may not impact woot very much, but the word of mouth from the newly dissatisfied buyers of the poor quality and poor fitting shirts should impact their sales over time. Maybe they will go back to quality shirts, but until then there will be no more woot shirt purchases for me or my wife.

nocturnx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nocturnx

These Anvil shirts suck. The neck hole is so huge..w.t.f. Who made this idio.tic decision? I won't be buying any more shirts until you switch suppliers. And judging from the rest of the complaints in this thread, why don't you listen to your customers?

trackerf16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trackerf16

heres a really great idea.. switch back to AA blanks.. and charge more per shirt.. i find it hard to believe that the overhead for AA's are that much that you cant turn a profit at $15 (which i would be happy to pay).. you guys win.. and so do we; by getting shirts that dont suck

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
trackerf16 wrote:... i find it hard to believe that the overhead for AA's are that much that you cant turn a profit at $15 (which i would be happy to pay) ...

They were making money even selling at $12 ... just not much, hence the bean counters commanding the switch.

There are some folks who find the new shirts fit better ... but I'm not one of those.

nocturnx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nocturnx
Narfcake wrote:

There are some folks who find the new shirts fit better ... but I'm not one of those.

They must be shaped like Ziggy with giant necks lol.