thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert

To look on the bright side, this topic has been consistently popular. 1600 messages and still going strong a year later.

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
thatrobert wrote:To look on the bright side, this topic has been consistently popular. 1600 messages and still going strong a year later.

I'm predicting this thread will be the 'Nevermore' of W.o.WS. Years from now, Wooters will still be complaining!

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
Narfcake wrote:I'm predicting this thread will be the 'Nevermore' of W.o.WS. Years from now, Wooters will still be complaining!

Yes, with a "Binge" of complaints.

Insomniduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Insomniduck

Thank you, Woot.

I bought about 35 AA WMs/year for ~$350. Was so happy to find a consistently nice-fitting T. Times I visited Woot per day: 1-2. Other products viewed per week: 4.

T-shirt purchases since Anvil switch: 0 for exactly $0. Times I now visit Woot per month: 0. Other products viewed per month: 0.

Thank you for curing my Woot Shirt problem. Not entirely happy about it, but I guess my wallet is.

haggercody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haggercody

Has anyone tried to submit a design for a shirt that reference the change from AA to Anvil? Not that it would make it, but who knows, maybe the people in charge of picking designs aren't supportive of the shirt change either. That would be the ultimate.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
haggercody wrote:Has anyone tried to submit a design for a shirt that reference the change from AA to Anvil? Not that it would make it, but who knows, maybe the people in charge of picking designs aren't supportive of the shirt change either. That would be the ultimate.

Shirts relating to woot or woot-isms are rejected.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Mavyn wrote:Shirts relating to woot or woot-isms are rejected.

An Anvil is generic enough to possibly make it into a shirt if done correctly.
Maybe cartoon characters picketing ACME with "No Anvil" signs?

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Narfcake

j5 wrote:An Anvil is generic enough to possibly make it into a shirt if done correctly.
Maybe cartoon characters picketing ACME with "No Anvil" signs?

The irony of this is that if it does go through, it will be printed on Anvil blanks.

suzloy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzloy

Adding my complaint...I recently ordered "Songbirds of North America" in a women's large since that size has always looked really good; when I opened the package I seriously thought they had sent me a men's large because it was HUGE compared to the other Woot shirts I have. Woot support did write me back to explain the supplier and sizing had changed; I looked and saw that the last shirt I ordered was October 2011 so my bad for not checking the size chart. It's just a shame since it's a cute design but I won't wear it in public since it looks like a giant sack from the waist down compared to the fitted look of the AA shirts. A men's medium probably would have looked better since at least it wouldn't tent out at the bottom like these do. FWIW my husband wears a men's large and that sizing seems similar to the old sizing.

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh
Insomniduck wrote:
T-shirt purchases since Anvil switch: 0 for exactly $0. Times I now visit Woot per month: 0. Other products viewed per month: 0.

So... you have no experience with anvil shirts. You based your judgement on what others are saying. And apparently ignore the people who prefer Anvil.

If you never visit woot, how is it that you came across this thread?

jroth420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jroth420
tsukitensh wrote:So... you have no experience with anvil shirts. You based your judgement on what others are saying. And apparently ignore the people who prefer Anvil.

If you never visit woot, how is it that you came across this thread?

Wait, what? There are people that prefer the Anvil shirts!? I don't believe that for even one millisecond.

tsukitensh

jroth420 wrote:Wait, what? There are people that prefer the Anvil shirts!? I don't believe that for even one millisecond.

If you frequent the message boards will will see people who say this. I've been a wooter only a few months, only started reading the boards regularly in february, and I have seen multiple users who say this.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Could we please get the topic back to the shirts and away from snarking at each other?

Thanks!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

tsukitensh

ThunderThighs wrote:Could we please get the topic back to the shirts and away from snarking at each other?

Thanks!

Sorry about that, TT... pet peeve of mine when people seem to make judgements based on the majority's opinion rather than experience/knowledge.

I do think it is relevant to note that there are people who prefer Anvil, though. Admittedly, it is a minority. But I have a friend who prefers Anvil and doesn't really like talking about it on the forums because she has been shot down for this preference. I think it is a good thing to discuss pros, cons, and personal preferences, but some people take it to extremes.

midori4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages midori4

My problem with the "new" shirts is that they don't hold up as well. I wore the same AA shirts all the time last summer, they got washed 15-20 times and looked great.

I have washed the new ones only a few times and they look older than my first Woot shirts from years ago.

pastrami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pastrami

Adding my 2 cents since noticing the comments in the Spring discussion. I see from a search that it has already been mentioned in the past, but it is disconcerting to see supporters for AA shirts ignore the blatant harassment by the company's owner. Just because you are rich and can buy the law does not make you innocent and will not fictionalize your victims; they are real even though there is no justice in the world. It is really sad that we are willing to practice selective amnesia to sate our lust for a "quality" t-shirt. I have written and received shocking responses in my campaign to raise awareness about AA's practices. From a company founded by a women (who's identity will remain anonymous), was her admission that Mr. Charney's character was known but a lesser evil to working conditions that can exist in the alternative shirt suppliers. This is not a $80 basketball shoe. This isn't designer jeans. Have we forgotten tie-dies? T-shirts are ours, t-shirts don't belong to some rich fat jerk exec. T-shirts need to go back to the roots and not into the pockets of Mr. Charney.

jroth420

tsukitensh wrote:If you frequent the message boards will will see people who say this. I've been a wooter only a few months, only started reading the boards regularly in february, and I have seen multiple users who say this.

I certainly made my judgement based on the majority of people not liking them. I'm sure there are exceptions out there, however I don't read the message boards any more because I don't buy the shirts any more. I check back daily, to torture myself on designs I wish I could buy more than anything, and in hopes that one day I might see the announcement that Woot has come to its senses again and returned to the quality shirts that I have known and loved for years.

It wasn't my intention to offend, sorry about that. Cheers!

spazztastic1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazztastic1

I posted this in another thread here so I'll just bring up my main points, because I am really curious about it.

- From what I've read, the consensus is that someone who used to wear a WL can now comfortably wear a WM or so.

- I wore a WS very comfortably but my latest buy was like wearing a bag.

- If other sizes now drop lower to fit, what do WS wearers turn to?

- They go all the way up to 3XL for men... so why can't they introduce a WXS for those who this change completely ruined the shirt's fit for?

I feel like that'd at least help the problem a little. Or I hope it would.

Just wondering why they aren't trying this out, or if they did how it went, or if it's too costly to add another size or... whatever other excuses might be out there.

Meanwhile, I started shirt browsing here and ended up purchasing from another site. I know this one's not up to par anymore so, why bother.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
spazztastic1 wrote:- They go all the way up to 3XL for men... so why can't they introduce a WXS for those who this change completely ruined the shirt's fit for?

As a bit of irony for you - before this change, a lot of us ladies who now "fit" into the WXL, we simply asked for a W2XL, since men's shirts went up to 3XL - what's the harm in having a W2XL?

We got Anvil instead... be careful what you ask for...

prtyyoshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prtyyoshi

Dear Woot,

I just wanted to say that it's been over a year since I ordered a tshirt from you and I miss you. I still check Woot everyday, although I don't stay up until 1am anymore to see the derby winners. I still wear my woot shirts, but don't feel the need to advertise for you anymore when asked where I got my shirt. Ever since you made the change to Anvil shirts and I received my "After All This Time" tshirt, I was very, very disappointed. I too was one that didn't really follow the forums and was unaware of the change. I used to fit into a WM perfectly, but the new women's sizes are freaking HUGE! I could've fit 2 of myself in that shirt! After reading the new posts in the forum, I realize no change has come. I'm sure that you guys must've had a drop in sales and yet no action has come. I really hope that the A.A. shirts will return, but until then, I'm afraid I'll just continue to be another onlooker.

rabidchipmnk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rabidchipmnk

Just wanted to stop in and see if the AA/Anvil issue had been resolved. I bought almost 20 shirts in the year preceding the switch, and since then I have bought.. two, the first because I didn't know how awful WS would be (I'm WM in AA), and the second because I *really* wanted the design and thought "oh, well it probably wouldn't make me look like a 12-year-old boy like the other one did..." With a sample size n=2, I have decided that am done with the Anvils. I even stopped checking the new shirts because it just made me sad that I wouldn't be able to wear them and look like an adult female. Thought TPTB might like to know that.

gsedlak wrote:are there any other Shirt sites out side of goodjoe that print on AA? was not a fan of the kind of prints they have...

glarkware.com has AA shirts. They're mostly TV-themed, and some are pretty good!

mikewooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikewooter

Well, it's been awhile since I last logged in, but I have to say I'm disappointed.

Both a price increase AND a lower quality shirt - I guess that is what happens when a company starts thinking about profit alone, not their customers.

I really loved the American Apparel blanks - I still wear them - made in the USA, employees paid a living wage.

Just unfortunate.

I would much rather pay an extra buck for American made shirts that we all are lauded for their quality.

Tar6417

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tar6417

Just got my first new style shirt in the mail and just from putting it on I can tell I am no longer buying t-shirts from woot. The new blanks are scratchy and I feel the quality is NO WHERE near that of AA. The fact that the new blanks are made outside of the US just makes this decision even easier.

I loved you woot and you produced a quality product once but it looks like it is time we parted ways.

elemenopeee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elemenopeee

Ever since Woot was taken over by Amazon and expanded into five million "deal a day plus other stuff, and also some accessories, and please something JUST BUY SOMETHING" sites, I lost interest in the site and stopped my daily visits.

Yesterday I was wearing one of my woot shirts and got so many comments on it, I decided to swing on by the old Shirt.Woot to perhaps re-up my supply of high-quality, low price shirts. I was already aware of the $12 price, and that's no problem for me. But I happened to notice the "made in" section stated that they were made in Honduras/Nicaragua???

After brief research, I found my way to this threat and learned myself about the history of the very smooth transition from AA shirts to Anvil. As a 6'2" man, I don't need to buy an Anvil shirt to know that it will fall far short of AA in terms of quality. In fact, NO t-shirts equal AA in terms of feel, quality, durability, and fit, in my opinion.

I'm the proud owner of seven woot shirts, and it appears that those seven will be the complete collection for me unless Woot eventually relents and gives its customers what they want. I'm so, so, so disappointed to see what has become of this company. What was once a funny, unique, wacky, personable company that every customer seemed to actually feel a part of (not just as a customer, but as a contributor), is now just another online discount site hawking moderately discounted stuff.

Sorry for the long rant. I hope someday Shirt.Woot returns to its roots and offers its customers what brought them here in the first place.

humbleseagoat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages humbleseagoat

Just received 5 shirts from Woot this afternoon, and I stumbled upon this thread.

Wind! Tornado! Hide!. I took a year-long break from Woot and only returned because of the change in season. I figured I buy some new shirts for the summer, and wasn't aware of the new policy in place.

Let me tell you, WooT. I would NOT have purchased these 5 shirts had I known about this prior to checking them out. It's too late for me to return them as I was overly excited and opened the bags.

I know Anvil and I know AA. And I know by this time, next year, these shirts will be designated to gym material, because I'll bet the house they won't last, while the AA woot shirts I still own can still be worn anywhere.

I'm so mad right now. I feel like such a sucker.

Yo

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos

It's pretty amazing to me that Woot's rep is still being damaged after such a long time since the switch. People who only occasionally bought shirts immediately seem to notice something amiss when they buy a new shirt, come here and learn about the blank switch.

Microtic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Microtic

I wholly agree on the quality issues.

I have only washed these shirts about 5 times and the cotton is wearing out already. Little lint balls, and thin material is abundant.

Hope ShirtWoot makes the change back again sometime soon...

Narfcake

4khaos wrote:It's pretty amazing to me that Woot's rep is still being damaged after such a long time since the switch. People who only occasionally bought shirts immediately seem to notice something amiss when they buy a new shirt, come here and learn about the blank switch.

AFAIK, support has directed folks to this thread when asked about the change.

grep57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grep57

please change back

jroth420

Is there any chance that they had a falling out of some kind with AA as a company? I think a great idea would be to offer the designs on several different priced shirts. That way if someone digs the Anvil, they choose it in the drop down box and pay 12 bucks and if they want AA they choose that and pay 15 or 18 or whatever. I know I would go back to buying shirts again if I had the choice and would be willing to pay extra for the quality I have come to know and love. Just a thought...

LittleFoxx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LittleFoxx

I'm one of those people that hadn't bought a shirt since early 2012. Bought Vulpa Major (I mean really I can't pass up a fox T!) and noticed right away it didn't fit right....stuffed it in the closet and kinda forgot about it.
After purchasing another Miyazaki shirt online I noticed Woot had Wizard of "Aw"s... well couldn't pass that one up either, but then I remembered that I received the wrong sized shirt last time so I sent them a complaint. I thought I received a guys M not womens... They directed me here ~_~; Now I'm kinda bummed I bought the Wizard of "Aw"s shirt in WM since there is NO WAY it will fit right now that I know they changed up the shirts >.<;

bbianchi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbianchi

I'm confused. This post says 4.3 vs 4.5 oz but the comparison chart on today's Oregon trail shirt says both are 4.5oz. So which is it? American Apparel is seriously one of the better brands out there. Yea sure they shrink, but why in the world would you go with an even shorter shirt? Oh well I guess. $$$ talks and bull$hit walks.

Brandon

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster

I wish they would send a notice when they are using AA blanks. I missed out on a shirt because of that.

I'll buy from woot while they have AA blanks (over 260 woot buys), and I will not when they don't.

Hopefully they will pay attention to the CUSTOMERS that are PAYING MORE for the type of SHIRT they want and retain me as a customer.

I wear a different funny t-shirt to work every day, I've had to tell 10 or 15 people that they needed to stay away from woot because of the change. A guy that works at the Barnes and Nobles in naperville is also a former customer and tells his customers the same thing.

I would love to change that.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
dreamaster wrote:I wish they would send a notice when they are using AA blanks. I missed out on a shirt because of that.

I'll buy from woot while they have AA blanks (over 260 woot buys), and I will not when they don't.

Hopefully they will pay attention to the CUSTOMERS that are PAYING MORE for the type of SHIRT they want and retain me as a customer.

I wear a different funny t-shirt to work every day, I've had to tell 10 or 15 people that they needed to stay away from woot because of the change. A guy that works at the Barnes and Nobles in naperville is also a former customer and tells his customers the same thing.

I would love to change that.

Right now, you can buy every shirt on AA the first day it's for sale (only the first day, though).

Narfcake

BootsBoots wrote:Right now, you can buy every shirt on AA the first day it's for sale (only the first day, though).

Correct.

dreamaster wrote:4TH t-shirt since last year!

The point is that the option to buy on AA now hasn't been publicized in the newsletters, etc., so many (ex-) Wooters may not even know about it.

albarnes8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages albarnes8

....adding to the seemingly vast majority that want american apparel shirts back....

jroth420

Well, it's a start, although I can't understand why they would only make it available on day one and not in perpetuity. I would purchase a lot of previous prints available if I could get them on AA, but I still appreciate that Woot seems to be listening (at least a little). I suppose I'll have to start looking at the shirts again on the daily.

rentaduckie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rentaduckie
Narfcake wrote:The point is that the option to buy on AA now hasn't been publicized in the newsletters, etc., so many (ex-) Wooters may not even know about it.

I only found out through chance. I was telling someone that companies pull the A&F sizing crap on skinny people too. I came over here to show them the discussion about it and saw the notice. Am I the only person who thinks this isn't better publicized on purpose? If the ex-wooters don't come back, won't sales of AA be low? Then they can say that they tried, but sales sucked.

I really hope I'm wrong about that.

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster
Narfcake wrote:I'm predicting this thread will be the 'Nevermore' of W.o.WS. Years from now, Wooters will still be complaining!

that's not a tough prediction, considering how hard they screwed their customer base over with the unilateral change and persecution of those that dared to alert others about the change.

azn1x6flame

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azn1x6flame
spazztastic1 wrote:I posted this in another thread here so I'll just bring up my main points, because I am really curious about it.

- From what I've read, the consensus is that someone who used to wear a WL can now comfortably wear a WM or so.

- I wore a WS very comfortably but my latest buy was like wearing a bag.

- If other sizes now drop lower to fit, what do WS wearers turn to?

- They go all the way up to 3XL for men... so why can't they introduce a WXS for those who this change completely ruined the shirt's fit for?

I feel the exact same way. I rebought one of my dearly beloved woot shirts in WS just to be directed here after telling them there must be some kind of mistake.

I don't understand how it would be a better fit for the ladies if we look like we're swimming in our shirts or wearing a large shapeless bag.

I'm pretty angry and had I known, I would have never bought a replacement. Mine was $20 no less!

I'm completely done with woot.