bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

I usually squee like a Bassanimation ( ;-) ) when it comes to glow-in-the-dark shirts. But even if I was up for the reference, there are also a certain breed of woot shirts that my wife has firmly placed in the:

"That's incredibly gross, please don't ever wear that around me again," category of shirts. I believe that this would be one of them.

oddlyjen

quality posts: 25 Private Messages oddlyjen
ThunderThighs wrote:

From the main page.

It would be great if someone could post the comparison from the old shirt to the new ones.

edit -
I went digging around and found this on another thread:

Darquis wrote:And based on this, the biggest change is that all men's shirts are 3/8" smaller in front length (according to the charts).

Which means that I won't be able to convince my husband to buy another shirt, AA shirts were already on the too short side for him. Me wearing his shirts... about a foot too long. Sigh. :|

jeninmaine

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jeninmaine

Bluck, Anvil shirts are total crap. My folks have owned a silk-screening shop for 25 years (until they took arrows to their knees...just kidding) and Anvil shirts are the craptasticest of the crap.

The cotton/poly blend are flimsy and wicked uncomfortable, and the 100% cotton are just weird. Stiff as hell and thick - too thick. I remember wearing lots of misprints as a kid and the Anvil shirts were no good for doing any kind of sports in as they felt like wearing a tarp. The neckholes were too tight, the ribbing around the neck was so wide (I like the narrower ribbing on the AA shirts a lot better), and the fit was just weird.

I don't hold out a lot of hope that they've changed significantly over the years, looking at one of the recent supplier catalogs I can see that they're still one of the cheapest options.

Shapeless discomfort, ahoy!

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 44 Private Messages RobinBobcat

Oh Woot.. not you too! *sobs*

Meow

Go Squarryls!

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung

yuck city. i get the joke yet in no way do i want to be "that guy with the graphic wound shirt".

agroff

quality posts: 2 Private Messages agroff

Yeah, I don't get it. Someone kindly explain it?

barts185

quality posts: 3 Private Messages barts185

I was going to buy this shirt but ...

barts185

quality posts: 3 Private Messages barts185
agroff wrote:Yeah, I don't get it. Someone kindly explain it?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-took-an-arrow-in-the-knee

agroff

quality posts: 2 Private Messages agroff
barts185 wrote:http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-took-an-arrow-in-the-knee

Thank you for the info... I'm thinking this may end up being the worst selling shirt.woot ever. If not for the reference, then because of the shirt vendor switch. Thanks again!

KimNicole

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KimNicole

I thought the point of raising the prices was to cover the costs of using American made blanks.

Now I see that woot has changed vendor's and that vendor is described as cheap. Will prices revert back to $10?

Seriously, I'm not paying more for worse quality.

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

The reasoning for the price hike was "our costs are too high" But then they're selling blank tees. Yeah... pretty much proof that they're liars.

skargogh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skargogh

Oh man. An actual picture of knee bones being broken by an arrow is kind of cringe-worthy >.< Ouch.

Kuragari

tpt4lyfe wrote:I don't know why everyone is so distraught. Clearly this is a Ace Ventura reference.

Ace Ventura took spears to the thighs and they stuck in the bone...

Kuragari

I think Woot has pretty much killed off their business with me in the shirt department. Price hike, now smaller non-american made shirts of inferior quality and size? Yeah I think I'll just make due with the pre-fail shirts I've got.

rdizzledo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdizzledo

This really does suck that shirt.woot! has decided to change the quality of their shirts from American Apparel to Anvil. With the increase in price of the shirts and now the major down grade in the quality, I do not think I will be shopping for tshirts anymore. You all will notice the major difference in how the tshirts feel and will miss the American Apparel tshirts that they were originally printed on. Such a sad day. Bye bye shirt.woot!

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

Seriously...

Whoever thought of this stupid saying (nothing against the artist) needs to take an arrow through the darn jugular. *huffs and storms out*

sivart27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sivart27

Anvil = No more shirt.woot!s for me.

I go to trade shows for my industry a few times a year, and we print hundreds of shirts every time. We always spring for decent shirts because no one wants to wear an uncomfortable shirt.

I usually try and take a collection of shirts from the other vendors so we can get a look at our competition (and I have a T-Shirt accumulation problem). When I get home I always sort out the Anvil shirts to give directly to good will and then clown those vendors with our marketing department for being totally cheap.

Well, Woot, I guess I should thank you because now I won't be spending $200 on shirts I don't actually need this year like I did last year.

Invisiblemoose

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose

Well folks, it's been fun. I've been with Shirt.woot since day 1 and I've bought a lot of Shirt.woot shirts along the way. Probably too many. They're all I wear. The price hike was heart-crushing but ultimately understandable. But ditching American Apparel?

I'm done.

You can keep your crappy Chinese-slave-labor shirts.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Did a dwarf shoot this arrow? I don't think you could draw the bow far enough that it would even break the skin. c'mon y'all.

Invisiblemoose

Josephus wrote:Did a dwarf shoot this arrow? I don't think you could draw the bow far enough that it would even break the skin. c'mon y'all.

It's perspective, I think.

JDSardone

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JDSardone

Either swelling has already started or this victim's calves are as wide as their thigh...?

webfox

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webfox
Invisiblemoose wrote:
You can keep your crappy Chinese-slave-labor shirts.

When did China purchase Honduras?

Invisiblemoose

JDSardone wrote:Either swelling has already started or this victim's calves are as wide as their thigh...?

What? This is a picture of a knee...

webfox wrote:When did China purchase Honduras?

Err... I swear I had a Anvil T made in China... But I can't confirm because it was itchy and I gave it to Goodwill...

Weezknight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Weezknight

Back in my collegiate days Anvil was the "go to" shirt blank for fundraisers. The reason? Simply put, they were cheap.

Most of the ones I got are now cut up into strips and used for rags. Pure carp.

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian
ThunderThighs wrote:

From the main page.

American Apparel used to be the Shirt.Woot supplier, but then they took an arrow to the knee.

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

JDSardone

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JDSardone
Invisiblemoose wrote: This is a picture of a knee...

Take a look at your leg right above and below your knee, chances are good that you will fine your thigh and calf... One should be a bit thicker than the other

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl

Yeah I'm not very pleased either. The AA Woot shirts fit me great and were usually of good quality; except the 20% of them that were cut down the sides at a terrible angle and feel/look twisted. Maybe that contributed to the switch. I've been getting more and more of these chopped up defect shirts lately.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

JollyRiot1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JollyRiot1

Let me guess, someone stole you sweetroll.

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid
thumperchick wrote:The shirt was giggle worthy.

Now, after a price hike and a change to shirts not made in the USA, I'm not a fan. At all. Boo, hiss, and all that jazz. If I want to spend money on stuff not made in the USA, I'll go to WalMart.

This!

Also, I used to take an arrow in the knee until I took an arrow in the knee.

Is the arrow radioactive? Is it a primitive form of expression like tattoos?

Suck it, Trebek.

Invisiblemoose

JDSardone wrote:Take a look at your leg right above and below your knee, chances are good that you will fine your thigh and calf... One should be a bit thicker than the other

I think I just sprained my knee trying to compare. You win this round.

sharonkay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sharonkay

HELP HELP HELP!!

I go to shirt.woot every single day ... I must have missed getting my coffee ingested before I went to the site for a few days because I just NOW saw the long sleeve t-shirt sale ... that already expired!!! How did I miss it?! I think it should have been a glow in the dark banner with flashing lights or something ... drats on missing it!

I wanted to get my teenagers this:

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=by-your-powers-combined-long-sleeve-tee

and this

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=one-smart-cookie-long-sleeve-tee

....he would soooooooooooo love it ... any chance you will bring it back so we can order? I really want a size large for him. He wears woot shirts 95% of the time (the other 3% is his robotics team shirt) ... woot woot please!!

SturmB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SturmB

A glass arrow, by the looks of it. At least he was taken down by a well-equipped bandit.

geegee63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geegee63

I like this shirt because it glows and it would have been a buy but I'm not buying it.

I really wish I would have found this site sooner. I would have bought tons of the old shirts.

Now with the price increase and the new shirt company I probably won't buy anymore unless it's an awesome-awesome-need-to-have design. I liked the quality of the shirts I had bought in the past but now I'm just not sure of what I'll get if I order again...

Too bad because I was getting hooked. Good for the wallet though as others say.

spooble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spooble
jeninmaine wrote:Bluck, Anvil shirts are total crap. My folks have owned a silk-screening shop for 25 years (until they took arrows to their knees...just kidding) and Anvil shirts are the craptasticest of the crap.

I will agree that some Anvil blanks are cheap and not-so-comfortable. BUT, if Woot is using the Combed Cotton line from Anvil, they are actually very nice shirts. I order them a dozen at a time to wear as under shirts and they fit great. They're actually very similar to the AA blanks that Woot has been using.

dartmoose

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dartmoose

I used to pay 10 dollars for Woot shirts but then I took an arrow to the knee

jobezark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jobezark

Bleh. Well, with the new tees and shirts like this I have one less site to check on my daily morning internet rounds.

Sorry, woot. I shopped here because you were different and fun. Now this is all pop culture and shirts I can buy at box stores.

www.jobezark.com

OreoPuddin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OreoPuddin

I used to have twelve more dollars, but then my wallet took this shirt to... it's... knee. =|

I used to be good at making these jokes until I took... aw heck, whatever.

Let's hope all these Negative Nancies and Nay-saying Normans are wrong about the t-shirt switch. I don't buy t-shirts from anywhere else, I don't wanna have to start shopping around again. Even at $12, they were still an awesome deal. But $12 and a crappy shirt? Time shall tell.

erisgirl44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erisgirl44

I'm not buying anvil shirts...

I understood the price increase, it happens
However a price increase with lower quality. No thanks!

nrduren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nrduren

Love the shirt. Not going to buy on an anvil tee.

mrsrobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsrobot
thumperchick wrote:The shirt was giggle worthy.

Now, after a price hike and a change to shirts not made in the USA, I'm not a fan. At all. Boo, hiss, and all that jazz. If I want to spend money on stuff not made in the USA, I'll go to WalMart.

I probably missed something somewhere, I guess. I thought that the price hike was so they could keep using shirts that were made in the US? Granted, $2 isn't going to make me not buy a shirt if I really like it, but I did like the idea of them being made in the US.