mrsrobot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsrobot
JollyRiot1 wrote:Let me guess, someone stole you sweetroll.

Hehe, this joke gets used around our house more than the arrow to the knee one!

humongous

quality posts: 2 Private Messages humongous

this is wonderful,
bravo,
love it,
it is great,
well maybe pretty good,
it isn't bad,
there are parts of it that aren't very good,
could'a been a lot better,
i don't really like it,
it is pretty terrible,
it is bad,
it is awful,
terrible,
booo

the humongous

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Wow, that's really gruesome and cringe-worthy. Good one to scare the kids off with. I haven't played Skyrim (yet) but perhaps will get one for a friend who does. Also curious about the new blanks so will compare to the old style.

davidthelazar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidthelazar

I've yet to play skyrim, which is sad. But at least it means I'm not tempted to buy one of the shirts I'm not going to buy. Sigh. I wish I had started becoming obsessed with shirt.woot sooner.

I bought one shirt because I loved the design. I continued buying them because I loved the fit and feel so much more than any of my other shirts. I was paying woot for the joy of buying something without trying it on and knowing I'd like it. At the very least, that's gone and will have to be re-earned (or lost forever If the Anvil shirts blow as hard as some folks here say they do).

orthancstone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages orthancstone

So I can get a Theismann achievement without being sacked by Lawrence Taylor? That's comforting.

grimall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grimall

The day I choose to wear my Cake Is A Liar shirt over Unstealthiest Ninja is the day it is referenced in the "Don't wear this shirt".

What are the odds.

I'm dreaming when I'm tired, and I'm tired when I'm awake.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mattryan wrote:Seriously...

Whoever thought of this stupid saying (nothing against the artist) needs to take an arrow through the darn jugular. *huffs and storms out*

You know, I actually read something yesterday about this...

Wait, here it is.

"Here's the secret origin, from Bethesda's chief game developer, Todd Howard:

"It's certainly not intentional that it would catch on that way," he told me recently. "It's a line that we liked."

They liked the line so much that they made sure it was in the game a lot, right? Not really. "I don't think you hear it that much," he said. "It sticks out. It's got more flavor, so I think it sticks out."

"It's a great line," Howard continued, laughing. "[Senior Bethesda game designer] Emil Pagliarulo wrote it."

And now we know!

I'm just hanging out, really.

inkycatz

Also, because we're on a new page:

pdayley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pdayley

I used to buy Woot shirts... Then, oh, nevermind. I still do.

cruzmail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzmail

Hope nobody mistakes this as a reference to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wounded_Knee_Massacre

The Lakota's would be pissed.

micheal0484

quality posts: 1 Private Messages micheal0484

As a 6'3" 180lb man, I cannot approve of you shortening your shirts by even the smallest amounts. How about a Large Tall woot? Something that wont shrink up to "belly out" status after a few washes?

And then you raise the prices only to ship the shirts in from Honduras.

Wherever you go, go with all your woots. ~Conwarpius

cmcornelius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmcornelius

Yeah, I *did* mistake this as a Wounded Knee reference at first, being woefully behind on meme culture lately. I'd never wear this shirt, if for no other reason than I'd hate to meet someone on the street whose grandpa was killed at Wounded Knee or something. :-(

mgrizzl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mgrizzl
NCase wrote:Shirt? This design should be on pants.

I agree. Woot can you put those on some nice long legged sweat pants? I would love to wear them to work with a camo shirt.

inkycatz

mgrizzl wrote:I agree. Woot can you put those on some nice long legged sweat pants? I would love to wear them to work with a camo shirt.

It might be in poor taste but that made me think "how awesome would this be on yoga pants". :D

drollerijr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drollerijr

I guess you have to be under 12 or Fem to understand the reference.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
micheal0484 wrote:As a 6'3" 180lb man, I cannot approve of you shortening your shirts by even the smallest amounts.
And then you raise the prices only to ship the shirts in from Honduras.

Have hope! The new blanks have been exhaustively tested and actually shrink less than the old ones.

mgrizzl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mgrizzl

I'm not happy about the change in shirt and from other comments if it is as bad as they say, then I won't be able to buy any more of my beloved Woot shirts. I'm getting this one because I'm a bow hunter and I want to see my buddies' faces when they see me with this on. And because it glows in the dark. Keeping my fingers crossed Anvil has improved.

djenkins1982

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djenkins1982
drollerijr wrote:I guess you have to be under 12 or Fem to understand the reference.

I'm a 30 year old male and I got the reference immediately. Also purchased it, even though I have no idea if it's going to fit me.

Redkettle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Redkettle

looks like a "Wounded Knee"

aeidein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aeidein

No idea what the reference is besides "wounded knee", but it's a great design. I'd normally not buy a shirt for $12, but the Glow-in-the-Dark might be worth the extra $2... I'll think about it

edit: oh lol it's a Skyrim reference? hmm... still a great design. As a student of anatomy and the human body, I'll bite

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin

PhreakerX

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PhreakerX

so, lemme see if I got this right.
Woot charges an extra dollar for American made shirts,
but an extra 2 for mid-drift honduras shirts?

Never Again.

He Came... He Saw... He Wooted......
That is all

unpcnook

quality posts: 8 Private Messages unpcnook

sad face...
I don't want shirts that are made in Honduras...

-UnPC

woolysockofdoom

quality posts: 16 Private Messages woolysockofdoom

Now I remember, you're that new member of the Companions. So you what, fetch the mead?

eternalgreenknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eternalgreenknight
imtall wrote:I thought this meme was already dead...?

Nope. Evidently it just took an aww, ok, fine. I won't say it! Lol

teatreetwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teatreetwo

My arrows to the knee always kill-shot in skyrim. But those pesky arrows to the head... "what was that?!?... guess I was just hearing things."

meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee

Woot, you need to print this on PANTS!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
llandar wrote:Have hope! The new blanks have been exhaustively tested and actually shrink less than the old ones.

I read that as 'tasted', thought you were channeling my dog.

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice

Wouldnt it have been cooler to have the "Lights On" version just be the knee with the arrow sticking out of both sides, then the "Lights Off" version be like the exray? LOL

I didnt really give any thought to the brand change until reading this thread. I have a pile of conference-give-away t-shirts at my desk. One is an Anvil T and it definitly feels cheaper than the others (mostly Hanes). I hope Anvil has different grades to T and woot is getting a higher quality than what I have here.

Where's the crap?

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92

I feel by the time I get this the meme will be old news.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92
meepee wrote:Woot, you need to print this on PANTS!

NOT FOR USE AS PANTS!

mamawoot

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mamawoot

"Wounded Knee"?
I'll alert my native american friends & family.

iamhappy726

quality posts: 10 Private Messages iamhappy726

There should be a heart on this shirt as a tribute to 'bury my heart at wounded knee'.

ruesifus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruesifus

Since all the people I know that play Skyrym are 4X Shirt Size (at least), are they supposed to wear as a cape, or wear a large over their actual knee?

pauzhaan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pauzhaan

As someone who is rehabbing from an October total knee replacement, I am unable to take a second look at this shirt at this time.

Maybe after the end of March, when I'm able to ski again...

Long time Wooter. Never got a Bunch of Clipping Not one.

limasam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limasam

I'm too old for this site. Not cuz I don't get the shirt's message but rather that so many of you do. Oh, Skyrim.....blah.

astreya04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astreya04

Do you guys even know what 3/8" actually looks like? It's the line in between 1/4" and 1/2". It's an almost insubstantial difference.
Like this much: | . | . |

Also, I don't know about the quality of the Anvil shirts but if they are the same quality of the old shirts but with better sizing for the Women's shirts, I will be extremely happy. American Apparel does not make a great Women's shirt. The largest size for women won't fit a large number of women. I've had to buy my shirts 2 sizes larger than my normal size just for them to fit.

darkwarrior3321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkwarrior3321

Ok it had to be said so my apologies in advance. I was going to buy this shirt...but then i took an arrow to the knee :/

fourthmeal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fourthmeal
gertiestn wrote:Is this one too subtle even for me?

It helps if you are a Skyrim player.

Which I am.

So I bought this.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris

It's so refreshing to see another original daily! Keep it up guys.

judehawthorne

quality posts: 5 Private Messages judehawthorne
SturmB wrote:A glass arrow, by the looks of it. At least he was taken down by a well-equipped bandit.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one staring at my computer trying to figure out exactly what kind of arrow it was in his knee. Oh, and this was an instabuy, just so everyone is aware. Don't be so afraid of change...it's just a t-shirt.