elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
bravowooter wrote:Please consider looking and signing the petition to have woot switch back.

Online petitions aren't going to do anything unless they magically give Woot an impact on their bottom line.

As long as enough people keep buying Anvil, they'll keep selling them.

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
bravowooter wrote:Please consider looking and signing the petition to have woot switch back.

Another place to vent my frustrations? Sure? Why not.

andrasta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrasta

Blargh.
Well, glad to check the message boards before going utterly gorillas after the 8th shirt I bought arrived "in the wrong size."

I hates this! WM Woot shirts were the only thing I could buy that fit me well. I suppose before fully lamenting, I should try the WS, but seriously? Blargh! The material also feels different, less quality/stretchy.

If the new size doesn't work, I will be very sad to probably stop using Woot altogether, after a few years of obsessively buying crap about once a week. ='(

Thanks, too, for the link to the petition:
http://www.change.org/petitions/amazon-com-switch-back-to-american-apparel-blanks#

queenspammy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages queenspammy
andrasta wrote:Blargh.
Well, glad to check the message boards before going utterly gorillas after the 8th shirt I bought arrived "in the wrong size."

I hates this! WM Woot shirts were the only thing I could buy that fit me well. I suppose before fully lamenting, I should try the WS, but seriously? Blargh! The material also feels different, less quality/stretchy.

If the new size doesn't work, I will be very sad to probably stop using Woot altogether, after a few years of obsessively buying crap about once a week. ='(

Thanks, too, for the link to the petition:
http://www.change.org/petitions/amazon-com-switch-back-to-american-apparel-blanks#

I'm in the same boat. I thought I received a Men's XL instead of my women's XL. The service people kindly informed me I'm out of luck. After looking at the new sizing chart I saw I should now get a Medium. That's a HUGE difference from the old sizes. Also, the length change is enough for me to find a new t-shirt supplier. I have a really long torso and the old shirts were already at the shortest length I could wear. I'm really bummed seeing as how more than half my closet is full of woot shirts.

elankat

queenspammy wrote:I'm in the same boat. I thought I received a Men's XL instead of my women's XL. The service people kindly informed me I'm out of luck. After looking at the new sizing chart I saw I should now get a Medium. That's a HUGE difference from the old sizes. Also, the length change is enough for me to find a new t-shirt supplier. I have a really long torso and the old shirts were already at the shortest length I could wear. I'm really bummed seeing as how more than half my closet is full of woot shirts.

I'm disappointed to hear that Woot is now telling people "tough luck" on misordered sizes, especially when the size chart is "below the fold" and there is no clear notice that sizes have changed on many of the order pages. Also, the size chart still claims the shirts are a slim fit.

Not everyone reads the forums or scours the fine print when they buy a shirt, especially if they've been purchasing for a while.

bravobeater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bravobeater
elankat wrote:Online petitions aren't going to do anything unless they magically give Woot an impact on their bottom line.

Your right, we can do nothing. Forget it, its a lost cause. Why would you keep trying to fix something when the almighty purse strings have spoken. Live on in your defeatus attitude. I will not!

And just as a side note: the petition is going to the new parent company not the spoiled brat that woot has become.

heartmurmur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heartmurmur

I totally agree with you! I'm in exact same situation. I'm 5'4", 100 lbs, and I liked the fit of the old WS shirts, but now they're too big, and I don't want to buy the kid's size shirts if they'll be shorter. So....I guess I can't buy shirt.woot shirts anymore until they get an Extra Small size for us. :'c

spazztastic1 wrote:I ordered a small women's shirt about a week ago, was super excited, then tried it on and found it was much too baggy and fit awkwardly on me. I emailed support thinking that I had been given a men's small by mistake but it turns out, it was just due to the recent changes. I admit I heard about them, but I didn't really investigate too deeply. I never would have guessed that the change would be so big it'd make WS unwearable.

I mean, it's a little frustrating to be honest. I'm a bit small, 5'5" and 121 pounds, and the previous WS size fit pretty perfectly. Now it hangs loose and awkward and I just can't wear it.

I go to the gym and work to keep in shape, so this change feels like I'm being punished for putting in an effort to be healthy. If sizes are going to be changed so a person who previously needed a WL can now wear a WM, then where do the old wearers of WS go? No smaller sizes were introduced for us. I don't want to drop down to kid's sizes for fear it'll be too short and it won't have the curves in the chest for my body. Also bluntly put, I'm not a child. I shouldn't have to buy children's sizes to find something that semi-works.

It feels like my only option is to try and shrink this shirt I purchased and hope that somehow works out. Past that, I can't really buy any more, and this is extremely upsetting. I'm a huge fan of woot shirts. I was building up a collection and had my eye on a few more as well, but they're just going to have to stay there now, because they don't come in a size I can wear. I'm just glad I didn't buy the others before realizing the first won't fit.

If you're going to shift all the sizes up, then a WXS needs to be introduced to make up for it.

viviankb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viviankb

I find that the death of AA shirts has given me the urge to buy ALL of the current shirts on AA, even though I don't really like the colors or designs.

But I have to get them before they're gone! Right? Right?

adrifrazer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adrifrazer

I just received a new shirt in this new sizing, and it definitely isn't shapely by any means. There is no defined waist at all. I'm rather devastated because it's the Hungry Hungry Games and is completely unwearable. Boo. Guess I can't order from Woot anymore.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
elankat wrote:Online petitions aren't going to do anything unless they magically give Woot an impact on their bottom line.

bravobeater wrote:Your right, we can do nothing. Forget it, its a lost cause. Why would you keep trying to fix something when the almighty purse strings have spoken. Live on in your defeatus attitude. I will not!

uh, that's not what elankat said at all. imo, she hints at what would work: organizing a boycott or other activity that would affect sales.

but if you prefer your snark to actually being effective, that's your business.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
viviankb wrote:I find that the death of AA shirts has given me the urge to buy ALL of the current shirts on AA, even though I don't really like the colors or designs.

But I have to get them before they're gone! Right? Right?

I've been feeling this way too, but working hard to resist the urge because I'm on a very limited budget. (Also, I don't wear t-shirts all the time, so having a ton of them doesn't make that much sense for me.) I've been asking myself when I think I want to buy a shirt, "Would I have bought this shirt when ALL the shirts were being printed on AA?" - and, more importantly, "Will I actually wear this shirt regularly?" I think I might be answering my own questions incorrectly some of the time, though... I ended up not buying "Lifetime Achievement Award" before it was reckoned, and now I kind of wish I had! AA blanks aside, that shirt would have been a great fit with my sense of humor.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

elankat

bravobeater wrote:Your right, we can do nothing. Forget it, its a lost cause. Why would you keep trying to fix something when the almighty purse strings have spoken. Live on in your defeatus attitude. I will not!

And just as a side note: the petition is going to the new parent company not the spoiled brat that woot has become.

Where did I say do nothing?

Want to deter them from selling Anvil? Don't buy the Anvil shirts. Simple. And much more effective than spamming a petition link.

Personally, I've made it quite clear that I won't purchase a shirt on an Anvil blank. And I haven't.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
beaterbravo wrote:removed? Yay. So take it to the next level. I would hardly consider it spamming. More like trying to draw together the discontents and make our position known and uncensored.

The problem with your petition is that it looks like you only have a goal of 100 signatures. Considering they have literally *hundreds* of new customers every week, it seems unlikely that 100 people saying they're dissatisfied with the switch is going to make an impact. Unfortunately, for that same reason, having even all of the loyal current/recent regulars on the forums say they won't buy an Anvil shirts and then follow through also won't make a difference.

I'm not advocating just giving up, but neither of these ideas at this scale are going to be enough incentive to change. And I admit, I don't have a great idea for something at the correct scale.

heartofbluefire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heartofbluefire

I'd like to see a size xs too! I am petite (insulted by being termed a "beanpole" btw) - I'm 5'2" 95 pounds - & have always bought a ws. It was not form-fitting, but skimmed over my shape acceptably. I tried a kids size once and it was awful, no accounting for my 32c chest at all. I recently ordered a size ws as usual and I'm terribly disappointed. The new blanks are bigger and cut more like men's tees. In a comparison between an unwashed, unworn AA & this new unwashed, unworn Anvil... The Anvil is bigger. 1.5-2" longer on each sleeve length, about 2" wider in body, then about 3" wider at the hip, and maybe a half-inch longer in front and a little more than that in back. For those of us who are thin, but still hourglass shaped, without an xs our woot days are over. Sad, because I love the art and check shirt.woot daily, and used to recommend it to everyone, buy gifts, etc.

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
heartofbluefire wrote:I'd like to see a size xs too! ...

Even if they did offer WXS, it won't help in the length, the "boat neck", or the "bell shape" cut.

My previous post

annewaterman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages annewaterman

I got my first Anvil in the ladies sizes last week and I am not impressed. I was being really optimistic and was completely willing to give it a fair chance. While I dont hate how they fit, its an ok fit, the neck holes are HUGE and don't sit nicely, and the quality of the cotton is inferior to AA. I washed my ladies Anvil once and it already looks very worn (like its been through the wash for months), where as the AA cotton still looks and feels new for so much longer. Major bummer.

tenieldjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo

I'm glad I'm not alone in my dismay. I had no idea they'd changed sizes and was alarmed to put on a WM and be swimming in it! I'm not a beanpole, either, I honestly cannot conceive of a woman on whom this style would be flattering.
By that same note, though, the old WM shirts were too short after washing and sometimes frayed at the bottom. So, could be worse. If I see a shirt I want, I'll give the WS a shot, and if it's no better I guess I'm done with shirt.woot :'( I'll miss it!

cutesox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cutesox

It seems that woot doesn't give a (filtered) about fit for women with shape to them

The whole POINT of women's sized shirts is that they are shaped for women. To acknowledge that women actually have a waist.

The new woot shirts totally overlook that fact and are nothing more than smaller unisex shirts.

I will not be buying any woot product anywhere until woot fixes this egregious insult to women with waists that are smaller than their bust/hip lines.

cutesox

amreli wrote:The problem with your petition is that it looks like you only have a goal of 100 signatures. Considering they have literally *hundreds* of new customers every week, it seems unlikely that 100 people saying they're dissatisfied with the switch is going to make an impact. Unfortunately, for that same reason, having even all of the loyal current/recent regulars on the forums say they won't buy an Anvil shirts and then follow through also won't make a difference.

I'm not advocating just giving up, but neither of these ideas at this scale are going to be enough incentive to change. And I admit, I don't have a great idea for something at the correct scale.

I'd sign a petition. I'd sign a bag with poop on it and light it on fire on the doorstep guy (because it wasn't a woman)who made this horrible decision.

cutesox

elankat wrote:I'm disappointed to hear that Woot is now telling people "tough luck" on misordered sizes, especially when the size chart is "below the fold" and there is no clear notice that sizes have changed on many of the order pages. Also, the size chart still claims the shirts are a slim fit.

Not everyone reads the forums or scours the fine print when they buy a shirt, especially if they've been purchasing for a while.

Getting an Medium instead of an XL won't help if the shirt is still boxy - if I just wanted to buy a boxy shirt in a smaller size - I could just get a unisex shirt - which is basically what this is.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Narfcake wrote:Even if they did offer WXS, it won't help in the length, the "boat neck", or the "bell shape" cut.

My previous post

exactly. i don't want a women's xsmall because the cut of the shirt is still terrible. I'm guessing mens xs wouldn't be much better. i just look at it as woot is saving me lots of money. my bank account thanks you!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Did anyone who wore AA WS or WM ever try a kid's size? Which size worked best? There are a few shirts available on AA in kids' sizes that I'm interested in trying, but I can't decide between K10 and K12...

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
neuropsychosocial wrote:Did anyone who wore AA WS or WM ever try a kid's size? Which size worked best? There are a few shirts available on AA in kids' sizes that I'm interested in trying, but I can't decide between K10 and K12...

K12 might be your best bet. It's slightly wider -- closer to WM than WS -- but has a little more length. I've tried K10 and found it too short to wear w/o another shirt either over or under it. (This coming from someone who has longer legs and a shorter torso.)

tarvalian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tarvalian

I don't suppose you're going to start offering a Women's XS for those of us who do happen to be beanpoles? :P

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
endangeredomega wrote:K12 might be your best bet. It's slightly wider -- closer to WM than WS -- but has a little more length. I've tried K10 and found it too short to wear w/o another shirt either over or under it. (This coming from someone who has longer legs and a shorter torso.)

Thanks so much! - that's exactly the information that I was looking for. I also have longer legs/shorter torso, so I'll go for the K12.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

coolnlittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolnlittle

I have bought before, I knew my size... I was not aware of the switch and now I have a useless t-shirt and another one on the way What Tiny Flowers. I will I would have gotten an email before... dont really keep up with the blog

kellsbells92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellsbells92

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a women's XS size. The new women's small practically swallows me whole. In fact, maybe an XXS wouldn't hurt either.

There are still skinny people among the increasingly overweight population. Us skinny people need love too.

heidiruth

quality posts: 12 Private Messages heidiruth

Narf pointed out before that the Anvil WXS comes only on black and white...so it's not really a viable solution.

Sylkwyrm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sylkwyrm
coolnlittle wrote:I have bought before, I knew my size... I was not aware of the switch and now I have a useless t-shirt and another one on the way What Tiny Flowers. I will I would have gotten an email before... dont really keep up with the blog

I contacted customer service. They offered me a smaller size and that was not acceptable for me so they gave me my money back.

If anyone recently got a shirt that doesn't fit because of the sizing change, e-mail service@woot.com

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi

I admit it, I like my t-shirts loose. I always ordered a WL as a result. I am not a big truster in sizing charts, things always seem smaller than expected. But hey, not this time.

I hadn't changed my size on my order (I wasn't overly concerned, because as I said, I like 'em loose). However, now I have a Anvil here, I really need to rethink this policy. I'm starting to wonder if maybe even the WM might be too loose. What a shift in size.

The cut has a very uni-sex feel to it (or maybe that's just because it way too loose).

raven13

quality posts: 4 Private Messages raven13

In case any of the ladies who wore a WL in AA were wondering, the Anvil men's small works as a pretty solid alternative. I still don't like it as much as AA, but honestly it fits way better than I expected. It doesn't look unisex at all! (But maybe that's just because I have curves.)
So just trying to provide an alternative for the former WL wimminz who absolutely must have a shirt. I can post comparison pictures if anyone would like them.

(PS. I am definitely not a fan of Anvil. Woot absolutely needs to offer a smaller size for the teeny tiny ladies. Although I cannot think of a non-complicated solution myself. :/)

Breathe me in, I'm yours to keep.

Woots: 4
Home.Woots: 1
Shirts: 53: 30 for myself, 23 for friends/family.

Narfcake

raven13 wrote:... Although I cannot think of a non-complicated solution myself. :/)

Switching back to AA is pretty non-complicated IMHO.

elankat

Narfcake wrote:Switching back to AA is pretty non-complicated IMHO.

And adding in a W2XL to extend the ladies' size range a bit more.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

what if there's a minimum order quantity in the anvil contract ... what would they do with all those extra shirts?

Narfcake

no1 wrote:what if there's a minimum order quantity in the anvil contract ... what would they do with all those extra shirts?

The same thing they did with the excess AA blanks - sell them. I'm sure someone would pay the $3-$5 they're worth.

raven13

quality posts: 4 Private Messages raven13

This is true. :D
Do AA blanks even come in the larger women's sizes? If so, then we have a winner!
If not, that's where it gets complicated.

Breathe me in, I'm yours to keep.

Woots: 4
Home.Woots: 1
Shirts: 53: 30 for myself, 23 for friends/family.

mstefani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstefani

I've seen a few posts about other websites that still use AA's blanks. Does anyone know which sites those are?

Narfcake

mstefani wrote:I've seen a few posts about other websites that still use AA's blanks. Does anyone know which sites those are?

GoodJoe, women's from S to 2XL, men's from S to 3XL. Some of the older designs for the guys might be on Cygnus blanks instead; those would've only gone up to 2XL instead.

Rachel0982

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rachel0982
raven13 wrote:In case any of the ladies who wore a WL in AA were wondering, the Anvil men's small works as a pretty solid alternative. I still don't like it as much as AA, but honestly it fits way better than I expected. It doesn't look unisex at all! (But maybe that's just because I have curves.)
So just trying to provide an alternative for the former WL wimminz who absolutely must have a shirt. I can post comparison pictures if anyone would like them.

(PS. I am definitely not a fan of Anvil. Woot absolutely needs to offer a smaller size for the teeny tiny ladies. Although I cannot think of a non-complicated solution myself. :/)

Ditto this. The sleeves seem a little long on the MS to me, but IMO longer sleeves are better than poofy tummy any day. I have some WS that are supposedly in my apartment office that I will try to pick up tomorrow and check out. I would be glad to post comparison pics if anyone is interested. I can do all of the sizes I have unwashed and washed + dried in the dryer on med high. I have AA WL, Anvil WM, Anvil WS, and Anvil MS. Not going to take the time if there's no interest... way too lazy for that.

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
Rachel0982 wrote:Ditto this. The sleeves seem a little long on the MS to me, but IMO longer sleeves are better than poofy tummy any day. I have some WS that are supposedly in my apartment office that I will try to pick up tomorrow and check out. I would be glad to post comparison pics if anyone is interested. I can do all of the sizes I have unwashed and washed + dried in the dryer on med high. I have AA WL, Anvil WM, Anvil WS, and Anvil MS. Not going to take the time if there's no interest... way too lazy for that.

I wouldn't mind knowing. I have establidhrd that the Anvil WL is a no go for me, but I'd love to see the smaller sizes. I am not sure how much of a drop in size I really need.