vielleicht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht
tenieldjo wrote:Anyone know what size best fits someone who used to wear AA WM?

I used to wear a WM and I now buy MS (for the record, the old MS was really good too). I am 5'6", long torso, 125 lbs, 36/23/38. It's baggy around the waist, because it's a straight cut, but otherwise it works just fine.

testudoaubreii

quality posts: 5 Private Messages testudoaubreii

It would be great if blog posts like the one linked to this were stickied or something, so it'd be really easy to see a picture of a blank Woot lady shirt, to get an idea of what it looks like, as opposed to your standard dude/unisex shirt.

kaileygv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaileygv

I wish I'd seen this before I ordered. I even measured a shirt I own that fits well and ordered a women's large because of the sizing chart. My new shirt WL fits like a men's large, it's huge. Maybe someone could add to the sizing chart that the women's shirts run large, or in general are not fitted.

speedogirl2

quality posts: 28 Private Messages speedogirl2

Purple AA Shirt sale until Oct 24th! Purplepalooza

karatejen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karatejen

I have waited for years to buy the Five Bucks (Now, That's Overpriced) shirt. I guess I was under a rock when woot changed the women's sizes. Last shirt I bought was the Pi/Pie shirt in Feb 2011.

I've always ordered a WXL and I guess the new size I need is a WM. The shirt is huge on me.

I mean, I am glad they updated but I wished I had realized it instead of ordering the same size I always have. I rarely frequent the forums and if the change was emailed to previous shirt buyers, I must have missed it.

hagirl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hagirl
karatejen wrote:I have waited for years to buy the Five Bucks (Now, That's Overpriced) shirt. I guess I was under a rock when woot changed the women's sizes. Last shirt I bought was the Pi/Pie shirt in Feb 2011.

I've always ordered a WXL and I guess the new size I need is a WM. The shirt is huge on me.

I mean, I am glad they updated but I wished I had realized it instead of ordering the same size I always have. I rarely frequent the forums and if the change was emailed to previous shirt buyers, I must have missed it.

I haven't read through all of the comments so I may be repeating but my 2 cents for sizing would be that the OLD womens XL would now fall just about right in between the current womens small and medium. In other words, for me I've found the new small to be a little more snug and the new medium a little baggy.

tigg3roo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigg3roo

I also haven't bought a shirt in a while and ordered my old "regular size" and it's hugeee!

asansmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asansmith

Well I guess I wasn't the only one who missed the size change announcement. I now have an All Tangeled up which is way too big. I had ordered the same size as the last shirt I bought which was just before the switch. I think the new sizing info should have better advertised. Anytime I go to a store I expect the products to be similar between visits. A change this drastic should have been more accessible than a forum post.

falaflewaffle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages falaflewaffle

I Just saw this because I wanted to know why the last two shirts I ordered fit like a large even though I ordered a small. I wish there had been a little more publication of this change. I check your website everyday and I somehow missed this. I certainly would not have bought those shirts had I known that would not fit me at all.

I'm really disappointed with the change and will no longer be buying your shirts. I love shirt.woot and what it stands for (individuality and supporting artists) but I won't order clothes that don't fit me. This makes me sad, because some of my favorite shirts came from here. If you are going to provide such large sizes for women's shirts, can you please consider adding juniors sizes? I'm an adult women, but I am petite and would like to be able to shop with you.

swyjk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swyjk

Yeah, I wish I'd read this thread before my most recent purchase. Today, I received a shirt in the mail and boy, what a surprise. I got The One Ring shirt for the Hobbit premiere next week. It's massive. I paid for express shipping so it would get here on time annnnd it's a shirt that I can't even wear. I'm really letdown. I don't have time to tailor my shirt before then. At best, I might have time to try and shrink it with hot water, if that. Very unhappy, Woot.

I'm glad the sizing has gone up, but I think a note or something on the sizing chart would help. I didn't check the sizing because I'd purchased from Woot before.

Given, previous purchases seem to vary in size so IF these shirts are more likely to have a fairly regulated sizing system, I'm glad. I still think there should be a note on the sizing section to double check your measurements for Women's shirts.

So here's my question, if you wore a Women's XL before, what size would work now? Medium? Large?

racheling

quality posts: 2 Private Messages racheling
swyjk wrote:
So here's my question, if you wore a Women's XL before, what size would work now? Medium? Large?

The women's medium is closest in size to the old WXL.

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle
swyjk wrote:

I used to wear either WXL or MM, and I find that the new MM fit better (if you want length) than the new WM. But if you're wanting to stick with women's sizes, the new M would be most comparable to the old XL.

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

sukeban

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sukeban
hagirl wrote:I haven't read through all of the comments so I may be repeating but my 2 cents for sizing would be that the OLD womens XL would now fall just about right in between the current womens small and medium. In other words, for me I've found the new small to be a little more snug and the new medium a little baggy.

That's my experience, only I went to men's shirts, because I won't deal with the flared bottom. I used to wear an AA WXL and between Anvil's MS and MM, the first looks snug and the second looks horribly oversized. I bought two Anvil MM shirts and now I can only wear them as pyjama tops. The Anvil MS looks a lot better on me, and the lenght of the shirt is manageable, too.

OTOH, at least the sleeves in the Anvil men's shirts are longer but still form-fitting.

chill36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chill36

Wow, I can't say enough how incredibly disappointed I am with this.

I live in South Africa and to get a shirt have to have it sent to a friend in the USA who then brought it out when he came here. Seven months later. Yes, I was willing to wait seven months for a shirt to be delivered.

Now maybe I wasn't careful enough when I ordered my shirt in May but I don't at any stage recall being told to be aware of a change in sizes so I bought a WM as I already have two of those and they fit really well.

So imagine my horror when after my long wait I get a shirt that fits terribly.

Thanks Woot, it certainly was not worth the wait.

huxlet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huxlet

I too didn't see this size update (I blame gallivanting around Asia earlier this year when the change came). Bought my housemate Welcome to the Internet in a WM after agonising as to whether the old style WM would fit her as that's what I wear and it's the PERFECT size for me. Eventually decided it would be a little on the baggy side but would still suit her. Yeah, this isn't going to work. It's massive on me as well. I know it's been months since you changed this but as it seems so many of your lady customers drop in and out depending on their designs preferences, you should have some sort of warning about it. I know it's excessive and I work in retail, I know how irritating it is when your customers don't pay attention. But I'm currently in the UK with a shirt that's too big for even me and the wrong cut for me to pass off to one of my male friends.

Adabillius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adabillius

I was a women's large in the AA shirts and accidentally ordered a large after they made the switch. Holy cow, I am swimming in the new shirt! And the old women's large by AA fit just right, where it hugged my chest and wasn't too tight (nor too loose) around the stomach (I'm a 38C and my stomach sticks out slightly less than my chest). Going by the new size chart it looks like I am barely bigger than a women's small but the medium looks way too big again.
Also, the old AA shirts were't even long on me (I'm 5'2"), so I'm worried about the new lengths being even shorter than before. I already had the problem with AA shirts of having to watch my belly when I lean back and stretch.
I'll order a small once the random shirts are up, so it's not a waste of money if it still doesn't fit right.

batgirl0160

quality posts: 0 Private Messages batgirl0160

Support American products! Support better fit! Go back to the original shirt supplier...

jonochi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonochi

What direction are we going in here? Why couldn't you have just added an XXL instead of telling XXL women they are only L?

Us who used to fit nicely into a small or medium now have to alter our shirts to fit. I get that we may be in the minority of your patrons, but us "beanpoles" who don't "dare to offer a curve or two" still exist. Longer, smaller shirts are still needed. =(

belleamaris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages belleamaris

I missed this note about changes in sizes, boo...

Totally bummed that I wasted $12 on a shirt that I thought would fit.

thecircuitbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecircuitbox
wisenekt wrote:I think we need model pictures of the Woot ladies in a AA blank and the Anvil blank. For comparison purposes of course.

Only the beanpoles please.

Lol at people not knowing the change.

kitten07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kitten07

I had no idea about the size changes. Then after waiting TWO MONTHS for my shirt to be delivered because it got sent back to WOOT and aparently just sat there for weeks I recieved my womens small shirt last night. And it fits like crap. I am 4 foot eleven and weigh 110 pounds, and I have a flat chest. After buying from woot for YEARS and being excited every day to get my woot shirt email I am going to have to stop buying, I will not pay for shirts that you effing huge on me. Which actually makes me want to cry. I am such a die hard fan, and I loved the way the shirts fit me because I am so small and I can never find something that fits that well. Seriously completely pissed off. Way to suck Woot.

wonderwoman2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderwoman2000

I read through this thread, and thought the new women's sizes might work for me, but I was mistaken. It seems like the old sizes were "juniors" sizes and the new were trying to be "women's" sizes, but fail miserably. After the first wash and wear, the shirt was ok...not a great fit but ok. 3 to 4 washes later... it's a miss-shaped tent. It shrunk in all areas except the bottom waistband. That might actually be looser now.

Reading through this thread, it sounds like it would be a good idea to offer "juniors" sizes and "women's" sizes in a different brand. Or It also might work to find a manufacturer who offers shirts in a 95%cotton5%spandex blend. That little bit of stretch will work for a wider range of body styles...more form fitting for both willowy and curvy gals.

Either that, or offer the designs on an iron on transfer, because these shirts don't seem to fit either willowy or curvy girls.

norcalbecca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages norcalbecca
wonderwoman2000 wrote:
Reading through this thread, it sounds like it would be a good idea to offer "juniors" sizes and "women's" sizes in a different brand. Or It also might work to find a manufacturer who offers shirts in a 95%cotton5%spandex blend. That little bit of stretch will work for a wider range of body styles...more form fitting for both willowy and curvy girls.

Agreed. Perhaps a higher initial investment in shirt stocks, but happy customers equal healthy sales and repeat business.

weeblorf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weeblorf
jonochi wrote:
Us who used to fit nicely into a small or medium now have to alter our shirts to fit. I get that we may be in the minority of your patrons, but us "beanpoles" who don't "dare to offer a curve or two" still exist. Longer, smaller shirts are still needed. =(

I don't even really consider myself a beanpole, just a short/small lady, but your point about mediums and smalls is exactly what I thought when I got my last two WM shirts (I ordered in short succession and didn't figure it out until I already had the two). The new WM is HUGE on me, and I already tended to wear my shirts a bit loose. I'm having a really hard time believing that even the WS wouldn't look ridiculously baggy. So now I have two new nightshirts, and that's okay, but... this means I can't really buy ANY new woot shirts. Ever. And that pretty much sucks.

milafit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages milafit

Whelp, I'm late to the party... Never saw the forum posts about the women's tee changes and just wanted to add in my experience. Like others, the new shirt fits me like a tent. A huge, billowing tent that is extremely unflattering. I'm in what the above post refers to as the willowy type, and the AA shirts were great because they'd hug my waist. I don't have a waist or any curves in this new shirt, it is just way too baggy. I looked at the new size measurements and it seems as if I would need at least an XS, but then it would be way too short and the shoulders would be too narrow. Unfortunately, after amassing a pretty impressive collection of woot shirts, it looks like I've purchased my last. I don't need more sleep shirts, which is all the new sizing works for me as. Super disappointed. :-/

Ellavader88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ellavader88

I hate the new sizes...I'm not a bean pole, but I'm not huge either. The old ladies XL fit me perfectly. None of these new sizes come close to fitting me properly - they're either too short or too roomy. If you wanted to add larger sizes, than why didn't you just add a "women's" size in addition to what you already offered? When you shop in a department store there's always a "Junior" section and a "Womens" section - there's a reason for that.

daintybiron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daintybiron

I was prepared to hate the new shirts after reading this thread. Unfortunately, I can't jump on the hate train. The new WXL fits me very well. I didn't realize how tight in the chest my shirts were until I got the new ones. I have a hard time with t-shirts because I'm sporting a 38dd chest and I have broad shoulders. It wouldn't end my world if they went back to the old shirts, mostly because complaining about shirts is really low on my world ending list, but the new ones are definitely better for me. Sorry, I wanted to be with the torch and pitchfork crowd honest!

animaluver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages animaluver

Wish I wasn't 105 pounds and 5' 7"... makes finding shirts harder. I'm tempted to get the men's small (I don't mind shirts a little big and want the longer length), but after reading the comments I'm nervous that it'll be too big (the men's small is apparently 1 inch bigger in the chest than the women's small) :/

suzloy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzloy
jonochi wrote:What direction are we going in here? Why couldn't you have just added an XXL instead of telling XXL women they are only L?

Couldn't agree more...and I do have a "curve or two" that I don't like to have swallowed up by a shirt. A WS would work for me now (used to wear the old WL)- too bad I found that out after receiving a huge WL shirt. I wear a Medium in "ladies" sizing and a Large in juniors' sizes so Woot basically went from a Juniors size chart to one that is like vanity sizing at a Lane Bryant....definitely feel ripped off.

badtzm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badtzm

I'm glad i'm not the only one to hate these new sizes. Now I have no idea what to do with this shirt i bought not realizing the sizing changed.

I agree here. The new womens shirt sizes came as a shock to me. if you look at the new sizes the womens are just one inch smaller then the mens sizes and shorter. The shirts are no longer fitted anymore for women. I would order the kids shirts but they are too short. It's quite frustrating.

bluewave12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bluewave12

Hi All,

I picked up my favorite design when it was announced most all shirts were available print to order. I also ordered a WXL without knowing about the size change.

Could someone tell me if there was an email about the size change and the date it was sent? I'm not surprised if I missed it and I'd like to read it.

Thanks!

Narfcake

quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake
bluewave12 wrote:... Could someone tell me if there was an email about the size change and the date it was sent? I'm not surprised if I missed it and I'd like to read it.

Thanks!

Email, no. Some blog posts and a warning to check the sizing charts for several months, yes. The change started 2/21/12 and was gradual as they phased the new ones in. That discussion thread is here.

(Feel free to bring your pitchfork.)

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
animaluver wrote:Wish I wasn't 105 pounds and 5' 7"... makes finding shirts harder. I'm tempted to get the men's small (I don't mind shirts a little big and want the longer length), but after reading the comments I'm nervous that it'll be too big (the men's small is apparently 1 inch bigger in the chest than the women's small) :/

I think the men's small would work for you. I've started getting a men's small for myself as one of my three comped shirts when I have a print. It's much much better than a WS if you don't like the new Anvil sizing. The men's shirt is too big for me, but it's definitely wearable (I'm 5'2" 100lbs and used to happily wear an AA WS). I don't think I'd actually buy a MS unless the design was unbelievably special, but I do wear them (my Anvil women's shirts never get worn). I'd recommend the MS to anyone who really liked the fit of the women's AA and doesn't mind their shirts being a little too big.

gymell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gymell

Ladies, the change in sizing is DRASTIC. I wear generally a women's M in "normal" clothes (5"6' 130lbs.) The first Woot shirt I ever ordered was an M and it was ridiculously small. If I wanted little bit of a looser fit I used to order XL in Woot shirts, or L for a closer cut, and I have several of each. I recently ordered an L in the new sizing and thought they had mistakenly sent me a men's shirt as it was HUGE. I complained and they offered to replace it, so I asked for an S and it's basically the same size as the XL used to be. I like the new sizing but just beware of the significant change, as I don't think the sizing chart really communicates just how much of a jump it is (from XL to S!)

spazztastic1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazztastic1

It's my understanding that women's sizes all grew larger, making someone who wore a WL able to go down to a WM, for example. Is that correct? If so, then what about the girls (like myself) who were happy with the fit of a WS?

It fit my frame in a flattering way. Not too tight. Just perfectly snug and comfy.

Last time I tried ordering a WS (I didn't know about the change) I emailed them asking why I'd been sent a men's by mistake. Turns out it wasn't a mistake... The new WS has become a bag. An unfitted, baggy sack they're trying to get us to buy.

It's been forever since I ordered that shirt and I know many others weren't happy at the time either. It's kind of disappointing to return and see that nothing's changed but people are still complaining... and being ignored, apparently.

All I really want to know is, if they've changed so WL buyers now drop to WM, then what can WS purchasers drop to? They didn't introduce a WXS. So what do we do about it? I mean, they go up to a 3XL for men's and won't even introduce a WXS to make up for the change. I don't really understand it.

In any case, I just went to another t-shirt site for now since I already know this one isn't satisfactory anymore... and there's plenty of competition to try out.

Narfcake

quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake
spazztastic1 wrote:It's my understanding that women's sizes all grew larger, making someone who wore a WL able to go down to a WM, for example. Is that correct? If so, then what about the girls (like myself) who were happy with the fit of a WS?

Woot essentially closed that market. Some folks are going two sizes down to find a better fit.

... It's kind of disappointing to return and see that nothing's changed but people are still complaining... and being ignored, apparently.

It's the new way around here, unfortunately.

All I really want to know is, if they've changed so WL buyers now drop to WM, then what can WS purchasers drop to? They didn't introduce a WXS.

Nothing. Folks who wore WS and WM in the older AA shirts are essentially left without choices here now.

... So what do we do about it? I mean, they go up to a 3XL for men's and won't even introduce a WXS to make up for the change. I don't really understand it.

The manufacturer only offers WXS in two colors (black and white); the rest would have to be custom made. Even then, then lack of length in the size (never mind the post wash shrinkage) wouldn't help the issue all that much anyways.

In any case, I just went to another t-shirt site for now since I already know this one isn't satisfactory anymore... and there's plenty of competition to try out.

That's what's been happening for many folks, hence the drop in participation and sales around here.

emandbri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emandbri

Please don't go back to AA! I will cry! Seriously! Apparently in AA I would wear like a 7XL!

Here is my new WXL and I LOVE IT!
I'm about a 16 on top and 14 on the bottom.

ilovelosses

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilovelosses

Why is it that http://shirt.woot.com/sizingchart
still has the old sizing numbers? It's the first thing you get when you type in "woot sizing" in google and it has the wrong numbers.... It's ridiculous that this hasn't been updated and I'm upset that I just wasted $15 on something my girlfriend will never be able to wear.

thumperchick

quality posts: 207 Private Messages thumperchick
ilovelosses wrote:Why is it that http://shirt.woot.com/sizingchart
still has the old sizing numbers?

Ooh. Yeah, they should have fixed that. This is the new chart, it's also the one linked from the FAQ.

shawrizard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawrizard

Nooooo. I unwittingly bought my usual size without knowing about the change, and it's pretty baggy. Maybe they already had this and I'm just oblivious -- but it would be cool if they put some kind of really obvious message at checkout mentioning that the ladies' sizes are different and you may want to take a look at the chart even if you've purchased woot shirts in the past.