granilithe


quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe
greenlightgo722 wrote:Regardless of any of the complaints, and worries about material source, etc. I am so unbelievably excited to try out a new shirt from woot, where my "girls" might actually be comfortable. Even buying the XL in women's makes it look like i've been scouring the junior's rack in skeezy-ho-ville.

In less words, AA "women's" sizes in no way accommodated for my...hem... "women's" size.

huzzah hooray and all that stuff.



I have the same problem I can't even order women's sizes because of my chest. I might actually be able to order a women's shirt for once \o/

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

I still wish there was an XXL option. Not sure if my double H's will fit in the XL. Looks to be about 2-4 inches too small still. I'm tired of wearing the men's shirts....they're not cut for a woman's curves. ;_;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

cougrr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cougrr

Damn it.

I used to wear a WL - 17.75" width, 27" length, and it fit perfectly. Now what size would I order? The new large is going to be way too baggy, but the right length. The new medium might fit all right across my chest, even at 1.25" bigger than the old shirts, but will be too short.

But wait, you say, the extra fabric around the hips means it won't ride up, so it will seem longer than before? No, because I don't really have extra curves in my hips. So now what, I have a balloon of shirt-tail? That won't be too flattering, will it.

Man, I used to know exactly what I was getting. Now for a new higher price, it's going to be guesswork as to whether a new shirt will actually fit, and that's going to make me think twice before buying. $12 for something unreturnable that might not fit? Phooey.

I didn't mind paying an extra $2 for the AA shirts that fit perfectly, and I bet I'm not the only one.

thewronggrape


quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
misslyndaj wrote:I'm pretty small as well and kids shirts in general tend to be short and chubby, and therefore not flattering. I'm not tall (5'1") but I do need the length in my shirts.



I'm 5'0", 100lb, very small framed though I have a muscular build for my size. I have Woot shirts (pre-change) in K10, K12, WS, WM, WL and ordered "A Superbotanical Study" in WXL (haven't received yet but wanted a loose, off-the-shoulder fit). My guy has M and L and I kinda like the fit of the men's medium on me, too.

I find the kid sizes to be too blocky and definitely unflattering. Despite being a tad too long, the AA WS fit me pretty well (32" chest, 33" hips, yeah—I'd be a rectangle if it weren't for my 24" waist.) I am curious to see how these will fit now with more room in the chest for my barely-there bust. Probably a less flattering fit for me, but I know I'm in the minority and it seems that this change will offer a better fit for most women.

llandar


quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar

I hope I didn't actually offend anybody with the "bean pole" thing. I was trying to imply the old shirts were narrow and pretty much straight up and down. I thought bean pole was sort of complimentary. I have spent my life yearning to be a bean pole.

thewronggrape


quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
cougrr wrote:
Man, I used to know exactly what I was getting. Now for a new higher price, it's going to be guesswork as to whether a new shirt will actually fit, and that's going to make me think twice before buying.



I was gonna wait for a random to try out the new shirts but realized that the next random will probably contain mostly (if not entirely) the old shirts.

missmissa07


quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
llandar wrote:I hope I didn't actually offend anybody with the "bean pole" thing. I was trying to imply the old shirts were narrow and pretty much straight up and down. I thought bean pole was sort of complimentary. I have spent my life yearning to be a bean pole.



I am more offended by how some of the skinnier girls responded to your comment, implying that anyone who previously couldn't fit into the women's sizing is overweight. Granted, there were only like 2 or so people who implied this, but come on guys, curvy does not automatically mean overweight.

*Edit* I am not by any means a "bean pole," although I'd love to be that skinny, so I may be biased.

blanked


quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
neuropsychosocial wrote:I suspect that many of us who fit into the old sizes probably wear low-rise pants due to body size/shape/proportions, which makes the length of the shirts quite important.

It's very difficult for me to find clothing that fits, so I have sympathy for the women who didn't fit into the previous sizes, but at the same time - there are some of us who are actually the size of the old WS/WM (including the "teenage boy" chest!), and it was wonderful to have a t-shirt option that was flattering and usually clever/cute/beautiful to boot.



I am, er, Amazonian sized, so while I sympathize with people who can't buy off of the rack - because I am one- it is frustrating to read comments from those who are smaller than the rack complain. You can always cut excesses fabric out, I cannot make it appear where it wasn't.

And yes I do like long shirts also, and I am losing 4-5 inches switching from the ML. Though it still does cover hip area, just not my entire pelvis.

venatici


quality posts: 0 Private Messages venatici

NO!
Too big! And i can't wear kid size, they're to short!
You lost one customer in Sweden Well, I guess I can manage, I'll still have teefury, riptapparel, shirtpunch and theyetee...

daniosaur


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daniosaur

3 comments to make:

1. I know others have asked this, but why the price increase? Maybe for some it isn't breaking the bank, but, well, for me- I probably will have to stop buying so many Woot shirts.

2. I have to say that I reeeally have one hope for the new shirts; Will they not shrink horribly the first time I put them in the wash? I love these T's, but that is my biggest complaint. I should wear a WS (via the old sizing chart) but started ordering WM and then men's small because it seems like I wear them once and then wash them and they are way too short when I put them on again. Men's small is too baggy on me, but at least I'm not constantly adjusting it/pulling it down. My boyfriend has the same issue. They fit great at first, but damn do they shrink. Any chance this will be less of a problem now?

3. I am a little bitter about the lengths of the new shirts already. I am 5'2" and petite, but most of my height is in my torso. Most brands have adopted a longer shirt length for trend purposes, which is great for me because that means they actually fit me without always showing my midriff (which honestly makes me feel very uncomfortable). However, all of your new women's sizes appear to be losing at least around an inch in length while gaining width. What am I supposed to do with a petite body type but a long torso? I see a lot of women are being directed to buy kids' sizes, and I haven't checked those out yet to see what the length looks like, but I don't wear an A cup, so I'm pretty sure that would be a no-go anyway. Suggestions?
**To be clear: I really don't mind the width increase, I just really dislike the length decrease.

noapproxi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages noapproxi

Thank you, woot, for supporting shapely women (like myself!) I can finally not grunt about selecting a male tee for me or going to the largest women size to fit me, haha. Now I can go back to my normal size and feel normal again!

wendy98765


quality posts: 1 Private Messages wendy98765

I would also like to know more about the fit of the shoulders. I'm a WS although I bought a WM so the shoulders would fit better. I tried a K12, but I had the same tight-shoulder issue.

Where did you guys see that these shirts weren't made in America? I loved that feature before and used it to rationalize buying another Tee I didn't need. :\

virens


quality posts: 0 Private Messages virens

As long as you are listening to your customer base, could you please consider adding a ladies tall option to your shirts?

I only recently ordered for the first time from you, and was absolutely delighted to receive two fun shirts that actually had a length that was designed for women that didn't go with the belly hanging out trend.

I'm going to try to order some designs I was watching in the old sizes today, as the new length of the shirts just isn't going to cut it.

Yes gentlemen, two inches *does* make that much of a difference.

Leahbh


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
inspektordogge wrote:Now it seems like an extra small is in order. Sure, some women aren't small; you solved that problem. But my girlfriend has trouble finding anything that fits her well at all, most women's small t shirts look like tunics on her. I guess you can't please everyone...



I'm the same way. I'd actually prefer a mens xs to a women's. I like the straighter cut. Any chance of Men's XS woot?

amensia


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amensia

When the additional measurements get posted, is it possible to add the width of the bottom of these shirts? The wider chest and even wider hip of the new shirt may pose a problem for those of us who wore the smaller sizes.

Kids sizes aren't an option (to maintain the straight cut), as the K8 with the comparable chest measurement to the new WS would amount to a belly shirt.

I love the suggestion of a MXS!

shardsofblue


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shardsofblue

My first thought: YAY!! The straight cut and tight sizing of the AA shirts has been a frustration for me for a long time. They often bunched weirdly around my waist and stretched across my chest.

My second thought: I hope the length loss isn't as bad as some are fearing. I really hate shirts that are too short.

My third thought: Still no comment on the price increase? It was an unpleasant surprise when I ordered the other day.

lectrixiugis


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lectrixiugis

I would like to know more about what "shrinks less" means. I like a tighter fit in my shirts, and WL in AA seems about right after 2-3 washes (shoulders/bust slightly small, baggy in the middle, just about right in the hips), but then the AA shirts are magical shrinking machines.

Since the new cut is curvier, having chest, waist, and hip measurements would be much appreciated.

ProfHotpants


quality posts: 49 Private Messages ProfHotpants
ksteimle wrote:Whyyyyy are they shorter? I was already thinking of switching to Mens Small because the WXL slide up every time I sit down or raise my arms in the slightest.
A shirt that's 1.5 inches shorter sounds laughably terrible. I'm 5'2, petite, and VERY hourglassy - can one of the Woot ladies comment on whether the new hip shaping prevents the shirt from sliding up all the time?



I have less fit issues with the new blanks than I did with the old. I'm 5'3", and it sounds like we may be pretty similarly shaped. I wear a WM in the new blanks, which I find the most flattering for my personal taste.

Because the new blanks have more room for the bust and hips, the fabric doesn't bind to these areas. Without that biding on top, the shirts don't pull up when you raise your arms. Without that binding on the hips, the shirts don't stay up when you sit down. The fabric moves with you because it accommodates your body better.

Make sense?

vivbot


quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot
shardsofblue wrote:My first thought: YAY!! The straight cut and tight sizing of the AA shirts has been a frustration for me for a long time. They often bunched weirdly around my waist and stretched across my chest.

My second thought: I hope the length loss isn't as bad as some are fearing. I really hate shirts that are too short.

My third thought: Still no comment on the price increase? It was an unpleasant surprise when I ordered the other day.



The price increase has been effect for a little over a month now... (http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=21031)

ksteimle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksteimle
ProfHotpants wrote:I have less fit issues with the new blanks than I did with the old. I'm 5'3", and it sounds like we may be pretty similarly shaped. I wear a WM in the new blanks, which I find the most flattering for my personal taste.

Because the new blanks have more room for the bust and hips, the fabric doesn't bind to these areas. Without that biding on top, the shirts don't pull up when you raise your arms. Without that binding on the hips, the shirts don't stay up when you sit down. The fabric moves with you because it accommodates your body better.

Make sense?



It does make sense - thanks for the response. I guess I'll give the new WM a try and see if they stay where they're supposed to!

ProfHotpants


quality posts: 49 Private Messages ProfHotpants
lectrixiugis wrote:I would like to know more about what "shrinks less" means. I like a tighter fit in my shirts, and WL in AA seems about right after 2-3 washes (shoulders/bust slightly small, baggy in the middle, just about right in the hips), but then the AA shirts are magical shrinking machines.



We had shrinkage tests performed in a fancy lab with scientists (who I am imagining in lab coats) and here's our results.

Old blanks: -5.1% shrinkage after 1 cycle, -6.0% after 5 cycles
New blanks: -4.7% shrinkage after 1 cycle, -5.4% after 5 cycles

So they are essentially the same, with a very slight edge to the new blanks. The new blanks shrink a tiny bit less than the old ones.

ceotty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ceotty
ProfHotpants wrote:Old blanks: -5.1% shrinkage after 1 cycle, -6.0% after 5 cycles
New blanks: -4.7% shrinkage after 1 cycle, -5.4% after 5 cycles



Um, that's pretty substantial when you're starting off an inch or two shorter.

wendy98765 wrote:Where did you guys see that these shirts weren't made in America?



Here in yesterday's announcement: http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=21793

EDIT: For some reason if I use any HTML, I get a woot server error page. :-(

— Cyndy Otty —
http://gentlewit.com

ProfHotpants


quality posts: 49 Private Messages ProfHotpants
sarahat wrote:Well, great, I'm so glad for the large women who can now buy smaller shirts and feel better about themselves, but what about those of us who used to buy the old WS or WM?

And don't say kids sizes--I'm actually curvy (actually curvy, not euphemism for overweight--37-27-36), and kids tshirts bind around my armpits, tend to ride up, and are too short besides.



We actually have nearly the same measurements. I wear the WM and I really like the fit of it, but I could comfortably wear the WS for a slimmer fit.

These shirts will have less fabric bunching up around your belly. Unless you really are very straight up-and-down with almost no waist definition (which I know some ladies have - let's hear it for variety!) these shirts will be more flattering on you.

For the "beanpole" ladies, I've got all the women in our Texas office trying on the shirts to see which sizes they like. I will share the results with you here.

Kiashien


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Kiashien
ProfHotpants wrote:You're funny! The men's small shirts are tiny! We have some svelte dudes in our office and they all seem to find a good fit in our sizes.



Are they six and a half feet tall? :P I am, and am very thin. Pretty much any shirt I ever buy off a rack is either far too short for me, or way too wide for me. I pretty much have to get things tailored if I don't want them to hang oddly.

ProfHotpants


quality posts: 49 Private Messages ProfHotpants
ceotty wrote:Um, that's pretty substantial when you're starting off an inch or two shorter.



I'm not sure where people are getting that number.

To be clear...

WS is 3/4 inch shorter than our old blank.
WM is 3/8 inch shorter than our old blank.
WL is exactly the same length as our old blank.
WXL is 3/8 LONGER than our old blank.

ProfHotpants


quality posts: 49 Private Messages ProfHotpants
ceotty wrote:Here in yesterday's announcement: http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=21793

EDIT: For some reason if I use any HTML, I get a woot server error page. :-(



Also, to be clear, the new blanks shrink LESS than the old ones.

ceotty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ceotty
ProfHotpants wrote:I'm not sure where people are getting that number.

To be clear...

WS is 3/4 inch shorter than our old blank.
WM is 3/8 inch shorter than our old blank.
WL is exactly the same length as our old blank.
WXL is 3/8 LONGER than our old blank.



I'm getting that from the size chart comparison in the beginning of this very thread that establishes that I would not wear the same size as before, thus the shirt would be shorter.

ProfHotpants wrote:Also, to be clear, the new blanks shrink LESS than the old ones.



I repeat:

ProfHotpants wrote:Old blanks: -5.1% shrinkage after 1 cycle, -6.0% after 5 cycles
New blanks: -4.7% shrinkage after 1 cycle, -5.4% after 5 cycles



Um, that's pretty substantial when you're starting off an inch or two shorter.

— Cyndy Otty —
http://gentlewit.com

ProfHotpants


quality posts: 49 Private Messages ProfHotpants
ceotty wrote:I'm getting that from the size chart comparison in the beginning of this very thread that establishes that I would not wear the same size as before, thus the shirt would be shorter.



Oh, now I understand. OK. I was just comparing the old size to the new one. But it makes sense that if you're switching sizes the length will be different.

I still think there's the possibility they'll actually fit you better overall. But I'm not going to force you to like them. I'm just trying to provide objective information to help everyone be as informed as possible.

faeriegal713


quality posts: 0 Private Messages faeriegal713

I may be a bit odd, but I'm really surprised looking at the old as well as new sizes. I have a pretty average bust, 36b, and have been wearing the WM shirts with only a wee bit of problem with the lack of a true flare for my hips (pear shaped body, 36-29-39) which leaves me pulling the shirt down throughout the day as it rides up my hips.

However, based on the idea of laying the shirt flat on the table, I definitely shouldn't be able to wear the WM without it being uncomfortably tight around the bust, which it isn't. All my Woot shirts have fit really nice, even after multiple trips through the washer and dryer.

Is this a case of the AA shirts not actually matching their measurements? Is it just me and what I feel comfortable with being a little more form fitting than the other ladies here?

If it is a case of the AA shirts not matching their measurements, what will the difference be with the new Anvil shirts? Are their measurements more consistent and reliable or am I going to be in the same place as the slimmer/more petite gals, even though I'm amongst the curvy women that I believe you are trying to appease?

I know I'm going to give Woot the benefit of the doubt because I love the designs and it has been nice to find some shirts that fit decently and are comfortable. I don't know that I'm going to be able to do so without a lot of hesitation and I will not be as spontaneous with my purchases until I know how everything fits.

It would be really good to hear from people who have actually tried on the various sizes of the Anvil shirts and can let us know how they compared to the AA ones. I think we're all very curious to know how women who were on the fringes of sizes are doing (the ones who wore mens shirts but may be able to try a woman's or who were wearing WS and now look to be SOL or whatnot) and that may help those of us in the middle to know which direction we should lean toward before hitting the stupidly large button.

Please and thank you!

ceotty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ceotty
ProfHotpants wrote:Oh, now I understand. OK. I was just comparing the old size to the new one. But it makes sense that if you're switching sizes the length will be different.

I still think there's the possibility they'll actually fit you better overall. But I'm not going to force you to like them. I'm just trying to provide objective information to help everyone be as informed as possible.



It's not that I do or don't like the shirts. I'm honestly confused as to what size I would be now based on what I used to order and my own knowledge of my measurements. From the size chart it would seem no matter what I chose, it would fit me weirdly somehow -- too short in length or too baggy up top.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as belligerent.

EDIT: To clarify, my concern is that I don't know what size to order now because none of the sizes seems true to my body (at least based on comparison to the old shirts). Since Shirt.Woot doesn't take returns for incorrect sizes that leaves me potentially throwing my money away for 1-3 shirts that don't fit me well.

— Cyndy Otty —
http://gentlewit.com

ehelman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehelman

Arg! What do you do then, Woot, if you are a "beanpole"? Is it possible to carry WXS so that the curve-less among the world can still rock an awesome tee without looking like they are playing dress-up in their mom's shirt?

Narfcake


quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake

For anyone unsure about the fitment and sizes, stop by your local Goodwill, then rummage through the racks for some Anvil shirts and try them on. These are among the cheapest in price for blank shirts, so there's bound to be some used for promos in new/unworn and in washed/worn conditions, and in varying sizes.

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
llandar wrote:I hope I didn't actually offend anybody with the "bean pole" thing. I was trying to imply the old shirts were narrow and pretty much straight up and down. I thought bean pole was sort of complimentary. I have spent my life yearning to be a bean pole.



I am a bean pole! A sassy little bean pole! Boo, new women's sizes! Boo! If they're going to be a size bigger, then there needs to be an extra small. Boo! Poop...

Edit:

ProfHotpants wrote:
The new blanks shrink a tiny bit less than the old ones.

Boo!


bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
BootsBoots wrote:I am a bean pole! A sassy little bean pole! Boo, new women's sizes! Boo! If they're going to be a size bigger, then there needs to be an extra small. Boo! Poop...



I will gladly donate my spare mammaries to anyone who wants them... -holds them out in Hefty bag- TAKE THEM AWAY!!!

BootsBoots


quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
bassanimation wrote:I will gladly donate my spare mammaries to anyone who wants them... -holds them out in Hefty bag- TAKE THEM AWAY!!!



If you can find someone to perform this frankenboob surgery, I'm in.


gwenwalls


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwenwalls
laurafoy wrote:I have to say I'm pretty psyched about this new sizing.

As for the AA vs. Anvil debate, I'm Canadian so it doesn't really matter to me where they're made.

But it does matter to me that the prices were raised due to inflation and then a new, cheaper blank has been adopted with no corresponding drop in prices.



It does bother me where they're made, because I'm pretty sure that Anvil uses sweatshop labor.

I think that teefury can get my business from now on.

cutesox


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cutesox

My natural DDD's thank you.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
gwenwalls wrote:It does bother me where they're made, because I'm pretty sure that Anvil uses sweatshop labor.

I think that teefury can get my business from now on.



Don't guess, look.

Just saying. That's something that is addressed in the thread discussing the change to this new vendor.

And I'd donate a few inches in height if possible. It would be nice to buy a knee-length dress that actually made it to my knee!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

mistyrenee22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistyrenee22

Oh me too!!!! I am SO excited! I have had to give up SO many of my XL shirts because they were just too darn small! I went to ordering Men's size large, but hopefully this new sizing will get me back to the women's sizing. HOORAY!!!

greenlightgo722 wrote:Regardless of any of the complaints, and worries about material source, etc. I am so unbelievably excited to try out a new shirt from woot, where my "girls" might actually be comfortable. Even buying the XL in women's makes it look like i've been scouring the junior's rack in skeezy-ho-ville.

In less words, AA "women's" sizes in no way accommodated for my...hem... "women's" size.

huzzah hooray and all that stuff.



misty renee

voxangelus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages voxangelus

I was hoping with the shirt manufacturer switch you'd be providing a wider range of lady sizes, since I figured it was just the fact that AA didn't offer them that kept you from doing so as well. I don't know what anvil offers, but I'd guess there's more than just me in the zaftig lady range who would like shirts that don't look like a shapeless sack.

I hate the way the graphic is placed on the men's 3x, which is what I have to order. It sits on the top of my chest instead of across my boobs, and makes my boobs look flat, which is quite a feat with DDD's, let me tell you. I wish the graphic would move down about three inches to be more centered.