katstrawder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katstrawder

I wear a small, and now the new shirts are going to be too big for me. The kids sizes will be too short. Dot's Poetry Corner.

naturalcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naturalcat

I'm not sure if this helps, but...
I've -never- ordered a "woman's size" tee. (And yes, I'm a lady. Or at least I have lady parts). I've always gone with a men's size M.
I just prefer the cut of men's shirts I guess. I never liked "lady-sized" tees because the shirts tend to ride up into my armpits and I hate that.
So this change not a big deal for me. And I'm sure I'm not the only woman wooter who this is true for.

crisola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crisola

I am happy with the switch. AA shirts are not my favorite fit and I am constantly adjusting them since they are too tight in some areas and too loose in others. For me, whatever the new sizing is it can't be worse than AA on my body. I received a couple of damaged shirts, manufacturing flaws, and I don't believe the AA fit is consistent. I'm so happy to hear other women who seem to have the same "fit" issues as me like the new shirts. There are some reckoning designs that I hope get printed on the new blanks before they are gone forever. Maybe I'm in the minority, being happy about the switch, but I'm excited about wearing Woot shirts that fit.

annewaterman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages annewaterman
mrsstudrobinson wrote:I'm still concerned. I need a visual - shirts on people, not laid out flat on a table. Ideally, the person modeling the shirt would stand or sit in a variety of poses natural to life movement - reaching up for something on the top shelf, leaning forward and to the side while standing and sitting, etc. Basically, my concern is about how the shirt moves with a person.

This.

I know its asking a lot...but seeing someone in the shirt would make a world of difference when it comes to actually determining how it fits.

I know its only $12 to do the trial and error of figuring out the sizing for ourselves...but being a lady, nothing is worse than putting on a shirt that doesn't fit.

Pretty please??

missredass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages missredass

Not sure if it's been pointed out, but comparing, say, the old WL to the new WL does NOT account for the length change. We've determined that the old WL is the equivalent to the new WS or WM, which means that there IS a significant difference in shirt length comparatively.

I don't care if the WL is the same length.

I mean, sure, it'll be long enough, but it'll fit about at nicely as a burlap sack.

Thanks and Gig'em.

ProfHotpants

quality posts: 49 Private Messages ProfHotpants

OK, here's the report from field testing the new ladies' shirt sizes with all the female Woot employees we could muster.

1. Almost all the ladies went down a size (from what they would have worn in our old blanks). The women who wore a WS in the old blanks preferred the fit of the new WS to the kids' sizes.

2. Our most petite tester is 5 feet tall, and weighs 100 pounds. She liked the new WS size and said it fit her perfectly.

3. 100% of our testers liked the fit of the waist, bust and sleeves. Specifically, people liked the fit of the underarm area - it was judged to be less constricting than the previous blanks.

4. 100% of our testers preferred the fit of the hips on the new shirts. They felt the hips fell in the proper place and didn't bunch or ride up.

5. Not everyone liked the side seams on the new blanks, but these are necessary for this type of cut. You can't get the shaping without those side seams. The seams should also prevent the shirts from twisting in the wash.

We are working on getting a group photo of the Texas ladies to demonstrate the old sizes vs. the new. I will keep you posted.

annewaterman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages annewaterman
ProfHotpants wrote: We are working on getting a group photo of the Texas ladies to demonstrate the old sizes vs. the new. I will keep you posted.

Yes!!! I think this will make a lot of people happy...well, er, happier.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
ProfHotpants wrote:
Our most petite tester is 5 feet tall, and weighs 100 pounds. She liked the new WS size and said it fit her perfectly.

Oh that's exactly me. I really liked how the AA shirts were close-fitting (I actually LIKE how they fit my bewbs) and not baggy like every other "small" size. Even XS in some stores are huge, I swear. Its hard for us petite ladies to find clothes that fit well, too! I hope these shirts really do fit in a "lady-like" manner because kid's sizes don't usually have the right shape for a grown woman, even if it's a tiny woman.

emilykin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emilykin

I am also not happy about how much shorter the shirts will be. If you actually get the right width- length goes way down in comparison to the last sizes. We needed more length not less!

kyrces

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyrces

One of the reasons I first bought woot shirts was that you had a ladies size from AA--which, albeit not perfect (Bella comes closest), did not fit like a tent.

I hate stiff, boxy t-shirts. I suspect most of the anvil tees I have had in the past have been men's but mainly I remember them as very stiff, very boxy and very short. Doesn't bode well.

I'm sure I will give the new shirts a try, but I admit I'm not very hopeful, and I am sad that I can no longer buy shirts for my sister at all [she was an old WS]. The armholes and shoulder width on kids shirts make them not an option.

klynb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klynb
SailorButterfly wrote:I still wish there was an XXL option. Not sure if my double H's will fit in the XL. Looks to be about 2-4 inches too small still. I'm tired of wearing the men's shirts....they're not cut for a woman's curves. ;_;

Woot didn't mention which shirt model they're using, but I checked Anvil's website and at least some of the Anvil women's shirts do come in an XXL option.

Believe me, as a G, I'm right up there with you in wishing for a WXXL.

flower753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flower753
ProfHotpants wrote:OK, here's the report from field testing the new ladies' shirt sizes with all the female Woot employees we could muster.

1. Almost all the ladies went down a size (from what they would have worn in our old blanks). The women who wore a WS in the old blanks preferred the fit of the new WS to the kids' sizes.

Did anyone that tried them previously have to wear a men's size? I usually wear a L or XL in typical women's clothes and have been buying MXL for woot shirts, though they were a bit baggy and long. Per the old men's measurements vs. the new women's I'm thinking I'll need the WXL in the new sizes but according to the shirt I just measured (a non AA, non t-shirt shirt) I would wear a WM or WL, at least in width...

ProfHotpants

flower753 wrote:Did anyone that tried them previously have to wear a men's size?

I have a batch of sample women's sizes coming to our Seattle office tomorrow, so we're all going to try them on here as well. We have a few ladies here who wore our men's blanks in the past. I will update as soon as we try them on.

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl

ProfHotPants-

If the demand is high enough, what are the chances of us little ones getting an XS added? Please be honest. I just really don't think that the new small is going to cut it for me. I'll give one a try because I love woot, but I'm incredibly pessimistic. The bust size on the old WS was perfect for me and this one is obviously quite a bit bigger. If I'm not mistaken, it looks bigger in the waist even. I'm a 32-23-34 with little baby bird bones. And the shrinkage of the old tees was actually a big bonus for me!

glorinmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glorinmann
gwenwalls wrote:
I think that teefury can get my business from now on.

I really hope you're a huuuge Dr. Who fan...

tzurin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tzurin

If I just bought 2 Reckoning tees, are they going to be in the old sizing or the new sizing? Because I went down 2 sizes in the new sizing and I'll have to go change my orders... Those shirts also list the old size charts while the front page has the new one, so I'm a little confused if everything is switched already.

ljwilke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljwilke
sarahat wrote:Well, great, I'm so glad for the large women who can now buy smaller shirts and feel better about themselves, but what about those of us who used to buy the old WS or WM?

And don't say kids sizes--I'm actually curvy (actually curvy, not euphemism for overweight--37-27-36), and kids tshirts bind around my armpits, tend to ride up, and are too short besides.

hey! curvy is not a euphemism for overweight. i'm both (49-40-53). i'll give yout that these new shirts seem a bit vanity sized, but the old shirts were not comparable to the same size in most stores. when buying gifts for friends i always had to buy a size larger than they told me they wore unless they were already familiar with AA.

Sunshine3296

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Sunshine3296

Yay more room for my boobs & no more having to give away the shirt after a few washes or having to order men's shirts!
*hands Woot cash*
I need my SDCC shirts!

Also test on a short, fat chick, about 5ft & 150lb, please.

jandk113

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jandk113

I am so excited about the new woot sizes!! I will definitely be making more shirt.woot purchases. I used to wear a WXL, now it looks like I will wear a WM!

Thank you woot! for being so wonderful =)

I ♥ WOOT!!!

ElanorRigby

quality posts: 14 Private Messages ElanorRigby

Thanks for your tireless efforts, ProfHotpants. You've sold me on the new blanks. Yay for a lady's shirt that will actually fit my lady parts! I really am sorry, tiny people, but this is one happy Woot camper.

What's with all the ppl upset about the shirts being made in Honduras? They need moneys too... ;)

Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...

ProfHotpants

morgankohl wrote:ProfHotPants-

If the demand is high enough, what are the chances of us little ones getting an XS added? Please be honest.

I'm not the one who gets to make the final decisions on what we order, but I do truly believe that if there's a gap in our sizing we will want to fill it. We want to provide shirts for as many of our customers as possible.

Please do try a WS and let me know how you think it fits. If you hate it, write: service@woot.com

I can't promise what they'll do (I don't work in customer service), but I can promise we're not out to be jerks to our customers. We want you to be happy and your closet to be full of our shirts!

Sunshine3296

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Sunshine3296
ElanorRigby wrote:Thanks for your tireless efforts, ProfHotpants. You've sold me on the new blanks. Yay for a lady's shirt that will actually fit my lady parts! I really am sorry, tiny people, but this is one happy Woot camper.

What's with all the ppl upset about the shirts being made in Honduras? They need moneys too... ;)

I like you.

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
rellybob wrote:Looks like I'm going to have to switch from a WM to WS. Not happy with the length difference between the two however. I would be losing an inch and 3/8 of length so that the chest isn't baggy. Not thrilled.

This. I got a WXL (and loved the fit) in the AAs, looks like I will go to a WM in Anvil... which means I will lose 1 5/8 inches in length. Oh, well, no use complaining, I'm just glad I got a bunch of shirts that fit well while I had the chance.

skelleton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelleton

Ugh... I'm a very tiny woman. I'm an xs, and the smalls I got from here were already too big. I sucked it up and bought them anyway because of the cute/badass designs. Is there no chance of getting xs shirts? I've always wished you had them in the past, but now that these are even bigger.. I feel like I should say something about it. Pretty please?

P.s. I'm considerably skinnier than your most petite tester, and taller. Sizing is always a fun issue for me. xD

ProfHotpants

trekmiss wrote:Could I get sleeve length and circumference on the new womens sizes?

Still waiting for a comparison of the men's Anvil sleeve length and circumference vs. the men's AA.

I do not have the data on sleeve circumference on any shirts.
Sleeve length comparisons....

Women's
All sleeve lengths are 3/4 inch longer than the old blanks.
Our shirt testers loved this, and said the new sleeves were more comfortable.

Men's
S: 1/4" shorter sleeves
M: Exactly the same length
L: 1/4" longer sleeves
XL: 1/2" longer sleeves
2X: 3/4" longer sleeves
3X: 1" longer sleeves

I should also say this - while these are the manufacturers' official measurements, all of these shirts have a certain "tolerance". So a sleeve can be some amount longer or shorter, a front length can be some amount longer or shorter, etc. I do not have access to the manufacturers' "tolerance" information.

You'll notice in the photo of the two Women's Small blanks that the NEW (green) shirt is a little longer than the OLD (blue) shirt even though if you look at their official numbers the old one should be 3/4" longer. It's all because there's that tolerance that allows for fluctuations in the finished product.

I know I have a ton of our old blanks, and no two of them are identical in size.

morgankohl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgankohl
ProfHotpants wrote:I'm not the one who gets to make the final decisions on what we order, but I do truly believe that if there's a gap in our sizing we will want to fill it. We want to provide shirts for as many of our customers as possible.

Please do try a WS and let me know how you think it fits. If you hate it, write: service@woot.com

I can't promise what they'll do (I don't work in customer service), but I can promise we're not out to be jerks to our customers. We want you to be happy and your closet to be full of our shirts!

Thanks, Prof
I love you guys and I appreciate that you care enough to take the time to listen and address our concerns. I won't write anything off until I've at least given it a shot. I'll dry the crap out of it and hope for the best. ;)

shadowfaerie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowfaerie
ProfHotpants wrote:I'm going to try to get more ladies in the Woot office to try the new blanks tomorrow so you can have some more informed opinions about the fit.

For me, the cut of the Anvil shirts actually sort of made them sit longer. Since the shirts are cut for those of us who have hips, the shirts actually end up in the right place. With the old blanks, the shirts would sort of get all bunched up on my hips and I'd have a lot of extra fabric sitting around my middle. I find these more flattering.

Yay! I love the look of the new curvy cut. I've always had the same problem with the shirt bunching up around the waist/top of the hip area. I can't wait to try one!

khatheway

quality posts: 1 Private Messages khatheway

I'm not really down with the new sizes. As a beanpole type (I'm 6'1" and weigh 150 pounds), I don't think I can buy Woot shirts any more. In order to have a comparable bust size, I'd have to go down a size, and as I already have a bit of a length problem as is, I can't lose over an inch of material.

isunova

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isunova

wow... i guess i've bought my last woot shirt. that is really sad. i didn't mind the price increase to $12 but was really disappointed when you switched suppliers, and now i find out that you're losing length in the women's sizes. WM fit me pretty well before - the slight increase in width to compare to the new WS would have been fine but they were juuuust below the line of 'too short'. there is no way i can lose over an inch and still find them wearable. and i have a couple shirts in the men's small but they are just not flattering, they're way too baggy.

i love a lot of the shirts sold here, many of the designs are really fun and clever and i get compliments on the ones i have all the time. i am really, really disappointed now. the switch to nonamerican made was disheartening, but i still would have bought if i really loved a shirt and the shirt fit well. but there's just no way.

thumperchick

quality posts: 231 Private Messages thumperchick
ProfHotpants wrote:All sorts of helpful information.

Thank you for tracking down all of this information and trying to help everyone. You rock!

lightningkyria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lightningkyria

I'm one of the tiny people as well and I don't mean to complain but I am rather uneasy about the change in sizes. WS worked really well for me before but now that it's bigger I'm a little worried. I love the shirts here and I'll probably still try a new WS to see if it works. I really hope it does but if not then it's good to know you'll at least consider an XS for us. Thank you

flamlyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamlyn

As a beanpole, I'm going to miss the extra length and smaller sizes. Is there any way to add a XS?

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
BootsBoots wrote:I am a bean pole! A sassy little bean pole! Boo, new women's sizes! Boo! If they're going to be a size bigger, then there needs to be an extra small. Boo! Poop...

bassanimation wrote:I will gladly donate my spare mammaries to anyone who wants them... -holds them out in Hefty bag- TAKE THEM AWAY!!!

BootsBoots wrote:If you can find someone to perform this frankenboob surgery, I'm in.

Funniest. conversation. ever.

christy3lbdc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages christy3lbdc

this beanpole doesn't like curvy shirts...

and it is shorter, why?

and what's the deal with ditching the USA anyways?

Would have bought it after I ate another bowl of ice cream to increase my curves, but just noticed that it is in fact one of "those" blanks...

christy3lbdc

christy3lbdc wrote:this beanpole doesn't like curvy shirts...

and it is shorter, why?

and what's the deal with ditching the USA anyways?

Would have bought it after I ate another bowl of ice cream to increase my curves, but just noticed that it is in fact one of "those" blanks...

and by the way...your new men's shirts are too short for husband too!

christy3lbdc

christy3lbdc wrote:and by the way...your new men's shirts are too short for husband too!

p.s.- he hates Anvil shirts

aerin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aerin

I'm pretty disappointed about the switch from American made shirts. Here's some info about the ethics of Anvil and other shirt manufacturing companies, if you're interested: http://ethixmerch.com/content/anvil-gildan-and-hanes

shaelyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shaelyn

the WS was just about perfect for me when I pulled out my heavily-padded brassiere (and forget my normal ones).
now that you guys have upped the sizes, will you have a women's XS?

I'm also disappointed that the shirts aren't American-made.

serabell22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages serabell22

Are all orders now in the new sizing? I just ordered the "Makin' Bread" shirt & am not sure if I'm getting the new size or old size? Can someone clarify this for me please? .

thumperchick

quality posts: 231 Private Messages thumperchick
serabell22 wrote:Are all orders now in the new sizing? I just ordered the "Makin' Bread" shirt & am not sure if I'm getting the new size or old size? Can someone clarify this for me please? .

Looks like the sizing chart on Makin' Bread is still on the old AA blanks. Your best bet for the time being is to check the size chart on any shirt you purchase. If it says "Made in the USA" it's AA, if it says "Honduras" it's the new Anvil. They've said they will keep those updated.