mutantkoala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mutantkoala

Is there any possibility of adding v-neck t-shirts? I am a fan of graphic tees but I would prefer a v-neck to a round neck in women's sizes.

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402
serabell22 wrote:Are all orders now in the new sizing? I just ordered the "Makin' Bread" shirt & am not sure if I'm getting the new size or old size? Can someone clarify this for me please? .

Not that this is relevant in regards to sizing... but you're going to love Makin' Bread!
I was so happy when I received mine.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
ProfHotpants wrote:I do not have the data on sleeve circumference on any shirts.
Sleeve length comparisons....

Women's
All sleeve lengths are 3/4 inch longer than the old blanks.
Our shirt testers loved this, and said the new sleeves were more comfortable.

Men's
S: 1/4" shorter sleeves
M: Exactly the same length
L: 1/4" longer sleeves
XL: 1/2" longer sleeves
2X: 3/4" longer sleeves
3X: 1" longer sleeves

I should also say this - while these are the manufacturers' official measurements, all of these shirts have a certain "tolerance". So a sleeve can be some amount longer or shorter, a front length can be some amount longer or shorter, etc. I do not have access to the manufacturers' "tolerance" information.

You'll notice in the photo of the two Women's Small blanks that the NEW (green) shirt is a little longer than the OLD (blue) shirt even though if you look at their official numbers the old one should be 3/4" longer. It's all because there's that tolerance that allows for fluctuations in the finished product.

I know I have a ton of our old blanks, and no two of them are identical in size.

Thank you for this information. I think I will still need to buy the MXL but I don't like the longer sleeves and shorter length. I'm still concerned about sleeve circumference. I don't like giant baggy sleeves that go below my elbow, and I can't stand super short sleeves like the women's shirts have.

After losing more than 120 lbs I have some unusual issues with getting clothes that fit nicely. The AA shirts fit great most of the time. There was some inconsistency in the fit, but most of the time it was perfect even as I moved down in size from 3X to 2X and now XL. In fact, woot shirts have been a staple in my wardrobe on my weight loss journey. I would hate to have to give them up.

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat

I'm not sold on the new blanks by any means, but I WOULD like to thank the nice women at woot's Texas office for taking the time and effort to a) try on the new sizes and b) answer our questions.

I've been burned in the past by Tshirts sites assuring me I'll like a size I think will be too big for me, and then not accepting returns.

I liked the old blanks, and I'm glad I bought so many when your shorts fit me well. Maybe I'll give the new ones a try if I see a print that I absolutely love, but I won't be buying any on impulse anymore.

rellybob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rellybob

I'm considering ordering a men's small next time I order. It will be baggy on me and pretty long but that's better than baggy and too short. : / and then I can wash it on hot and dry it to death and maybe then it'll be perfect??? A Men's XS would be perfect...or a WS that isn't über short.

ceotty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ceotty

I've been thinking on this a lot today. (Possibly too much.) It upsets me that these new sizes may alienate those of us that fit the AA tees just fine. How possible is it for Shirt.Woot to add other women's styles/sizes, e.g. http://www.anvilknitwear.com/Product-Catalogs/Womens/458 or http://www.anvilknitwear.com/Product-Catalogs/Womens/498?

EDIT: Made my links clickable, now that Woot has stopped giving me error upon error.

— Cyndy Otty —
http://gentlewit.com

waffer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waffer

Well, I guess this will save my wallet some grief. I always got WS and they fit like a glove. Looks like the new ones will be too big... Although the length is shorter now?

I'll probably give it a chance if I see a have-to-have design come up, but one of the most uncomfortable things after skinny jeans is a shirt that doesn't fit quite right.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
waffer wrote:I'll probably give it a chance if I see a have-to-have design come up, but one of the most uncomfortable things after skinny jeans is a shirt that doesn't fit quite right.

The funny thing to me is that I completely agree about the shirt that doesn't fit quite right. MY problem is that the AA shirts were in that category! Too constricting, too tight in the arm seams, always tugging the hips down, after moving up a Women's size each time I ordered, it was easier to just wear men's sizes.

I am reading so many comments from "bean poles" who liked the old AA women's sizes but then from so many women who gave up on them and switched to men's because they didn't fit comfortably even the slightest curviness.

So we have:

1. Petite women who are curvy enough to dislike kid's sizes because they don't fit a woman's proportions
  2. "Beanpole" women who liked the AA women's sizing that had very little curve to it
  3. Slightly-to-Very Curvy women who disliked AA women's (and kid's) because it had very little curve to it and switched to men's just to get some space to breathe in.

There's just no way that Woot can win, here. No matter what they adjust, someone will be unhappy.

princessleiao

quality posts: 3 Private Messages princessleiao

"Is there any possibility of adding v-neck t-shirts? I am a fan of graphic tees but I would prefer a v-neck to a round neck in women's sizes."

V-neck request seconded.
Did a quick survey of my sweater cows and they thirded and fourthed the V-neck request.

I've bought woot T's in larger men's sizes and modified them so I could have a well-made, well-fit, V-neck of my favorite designs.

I would also like to propose, in light of the trauma and shock to us poor, beleaguered, loyal money-spenders, that some of our past favorites should be re-awakened from the grave.

trickycoolj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trickycoolj

I was a consistent WL in AA shirts (woot, concerts, cons, whatev). I have a small bust 34B/36A and wide hips 40+/- and a 29/30 natural waist. So I'm thinking the nip in at the waist on the new shirts would be a positive change for me. However, in order to fit the bust properly, I'd have to go down to a WS practically (and whoa short). To fit the hips, probably a WM/WL (I'm not in the majority I know I have to deal and pick a size).

What I want to know for us pear shaped gals, or just the small chested ones that have to fit the bottom half, does the top half fit like bat wings?? Its frustrating when I have to buy any shirts to fit the bottom so I don't get that skin tight belly-button divet in the shirt (ew!) and then feel like I have 2-3 inches to spare on either side of the sweater hamsters (no cows here). I lift my arms up and it's like they're webbed. I've noticed my Bella WLs have been doing this as I've lost some weight since I bought them.

Anyway, webbed bat wing arms are Dot's Poetry Corner, so if anyone has any size recommendations on how to avoid them in this brand, I'd be happy to know.

Also since these are seamed on the sides, how likely are these to get crooked seams? I've seen it happen from Target to Nordstrom where the seams migrate to the front of the body.

sokumar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sokumar

I just ordered two shirts in a WM before reading this page! It turns out that I would probably need a WS in the new blank... What should I do?!

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

The WS being shorter than the AA WS is reaaaaaally unfortunate. It also looks like the new cut is narrower in the shoulders - and the AA WM is just BARELY acceptable. I also have come to greatly prefer the extra length of the AA WM & the relative straightness of the cut. I fear the new shirts may gape everywhere except my little pot belly & then ride up to bunch pointedly around my waist due to the shorter cut.

So now, as a tall, fairly broad-shoulder but otherwise bird- boned, small-breasted slender type, I will have to make do with SHORTER, BAGGIER, LESS-FLATTERING and more TIGHT-SHOULDERED shirts???

Wow, awesome. Not.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sokumar wrote:I just ordered two shirts in a WM before reading this page! It turns out that I would probably need a WS in the new blank... What should I do?!

Email service@woot.com with your order number and change request.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Narwhal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Narwhal

I'm too thin to buy shirts here anymore. Great.

Also I don't appreciate being called a beanpole.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

llandar wrote:I hope I didn't actually offend anybody with the "bean pole" thing. I was trying to imply the old shirts were narrow and pretty much straight up and down. I thought bean pole was sort of complimentary. I have spent my life yearning to be a bean pole.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl

What about those of us who are 5'5" and weigh 110? None of the new shirts even come close. Also, side seams cause the twist! About 20% of my AA shirts had this side seam nonsense and every one of them was cut at a horrible angle. The shirts look and feel twisted when worn. I complained about the first couple then just gave up. Now we got side seams AND flares? Meh. On cheapy anvil shirts I bet one flare is always bigger than the other and the seams are also cut at bad angles. Never did like Anvil. I will try out one WS but I have very little hope for its fit and quality.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

gittygrrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gittygrrl

Thank you, Woot staff, for your responses. Obviously there are as many different body types as there are women, and these new shirts won't work for everyone. However, the AA shirt didn't work for everyone, either, so there will be some winners and some losers in this change. I'm curious, though...did Woot sell a lot of WS in the past? I would imagine they should try to find a WXS as not to lose those sales.

ProfHotpants wrote:
5. Not everyone liked the side seams on the new blanks, but these are necessary for this type of cut. You can't get the shaping without those side seams. The seams should also prevent the shirts from twisting in the wash.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a side seam? Don't all tee-shirts have side seams? Are these vented or something?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
gittygrrl wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a side seam? Don't all tee-shirts have side seams? Are these vented or something?

Some tees are 'tubes'--no seam running from the bottom of the armpit down to the bottom hem, one piece of fabric. Others, including the new women's fit, the front is one piece and the back is another piece, sewn together on the sides and over the shoulders.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

shaelyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shaelyn

can you guys still order the WS size from the old vendor and call it a WXS?

ceotty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ceotty
gittygrrl wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but what is a side seam? Don't all tee-shirts have side seams? Are these vented or something?

Not all shirts, no. The old American Apparel shirts that were used did not have side seams -- as in a seam running the length of the side from the armpit down to the hem.

— Cyndy Otty —
http://gentlewit.com

wlknlight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wlknlight

I love having the old chart vs new chart to compare sizes during the transition. Can we get the same for men's and kid's sizes (maybe on their own threads so they don't get lost in all the comments)?

gittygrrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gittygrrl
ceotty wrote:Not all shirts, no. The old American Apparel shirts that were used did not have side seams -- as in a seam running the length of the side from the armpit down to the hem.

Thanks for your replies on this. I guess I should have looked down...I'm actually wearing a side-seamless AA shirt right now.

Miss1337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Miss1337

I dig the larger sizes for more variety and hopes for me to get out of the men's sizes (I can wear a M in AA but typically order a L and shrink it down, I have a natural 38DD.)

But, at 5'6", all my height is in my torso alone. 28" is short for me, and 30" is about right. I guess I'll be sticking to the men's shirts still.

I'm kinda sad about the switch from AA to Anvil. AA makes much better shirts, even though I could never fit the women's sizing.

I'll still be buying from Woot, however, the rad tees are too hard to pass up.

lightaria

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lightaria

Should we expect WXS shirts in the near future?

I was a WS on the old shirts and according to this size chart, I won't be able to purchase new shirts.

mrsstudrobinson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrsstudrobinson

I would just like to point out, after reading scores of complaints, that the problem is not Woot.

The problem is clearly Anvil.

The Anvil blanks are shorter and wider. So that means women have to order smaller sizes which forces them to give up more than an inch in length. If they were ordering the same size, there would be no real problems, but that's just not the case given the wider cuts.

Woot signed a deal with Anvil, that's done and set in stone. I have no experience with Anvil tees, so I don't know if that's a mistake or not. But Anvil is what needs to change. Anvil needs to sew a longer shirt in every size to make up for the loss when people start ordering down a size. According to the new sizes, I'd be most comfortable in a WS, but it's far too short - and I don't even have a long torso. If I go up a size, I'll look like I'm swimming in my shirts - it will be waaay too big through the bust and shoulders.

My solution: All of Woot's customers should flood Anvil email inboxes and snail mail boxes with letters petitioning for longer shirts. And they should do it every day until the change happens.

propertyofstp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages propertyofstp
mrsstudrobinson wrote:I would just like to point out, after reading scores of complaints, that the problem is not Woot.

The problem is clearly Anvil.

I hate to point out that Anvil did NOT hold a gun to Woot's head....

Woot (And Anvil) can't make everyone happy. I assume the "majority" are not "beanpoles" like myself.

I really hate the name beanpole by the way. =(

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
ProfHotpants wrote:OK, here's the report from field testing the new ladies' shirt sizes with all the female Woot employees we could muster.

1. Almost all the ladies went down a size (from what they would have worn in our old blanks). The women who wore a WS in the old blanks preferred the fit of the new WS to the kids' sizes.

2. Our most petite tester is 5 feet tall, and weighs 100 pounds. She liked the new WS size and said it fit her perfectly.

3. 100% of our testers liked the fit of the waist, bust and sleeves. Specifically, people liked the fit of the underarm area - it was judged to be less constricting than the previous blanks.

4. 100% of our testers preferred the fit of the hips on the new shirts. They felt the hips fell in the proper place and didn't bunch or ride up.

5. Not everyone liked the side seams on the new blanks, but these are necessary for this type of cut. You can't get the shaping without those side seams. The seams should also prevent the shirts from twisting in the wash.

We are working on getting a group photo of the Texas ladies to demonstrate the old sizes vs. the new. I will keep you posted.

I'm not happy about the loss of length, foreign manufacture, and potentially lower quality (as some have reported with anvil). However I hated the fit of AA...particularly the weird underarm fit, tight chest, and the way it bunches at the hips. Glad to see a more normal fitting shirt for women with curves.

And to the person who made the vanity sizing comment, pffft. It's not vanity sizing for a normal weight, average bmi to fit in a medium instead of an xl. AA sizing was ridiculous.

rellybob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rellybob
runnerfrog13 wrote:The funny thing to me is that I completely agree about the shirt that doesn't fit quite right. MY problem is that the AA shirts were in that category! Too constricting, too tight in the arm seams, always tugging the hips down, after moving up a Women's size each time I ordered, it was easier to just wear men's sizes.

I am reading so many comments from "bean poles" who liked the old AA women's sizes but then from so many women who gave up on them and switched to men's because they didn't fit comfortably even the slightest curviness.

So we have:

1. Petite women who are curvy enough to dislike kid's sizes because they don't fit a woman's proportions
  2. "Beanpole" women who liked the AA women's sizing that had very little curve to it
  3. Slightly-to-Very Curvy women who disliked AA women's (and kid's) because it had very little curve to it and switched to men's just to get some space to breathe in.

There's just no way that Woot can win, here. No matter what they adjust, someone will be unhappy.

All they'd have to is offer more sizes and/or styles. Problem solved.

sunflowergirl17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunflowergirl17

My heart just sank...Anvil?! Really?! You are switching from those wonderful, soft, wears and washes so well shirts to Anvil?
I have purchased a few shirts (not knowing what they were being printed on) that were made on this brand and I swore, if I knew ahead of time I would not purchase a T-shirt made on Anvil ever again.
They are not as good quality (not as soft) in my opinion, but what is worse is that they strech weird and lose their shape so easily after a few min of wear.
Soooooooo soooooo sooooooo disappointed Woot! Glad that I have a nice stack of shirts because unless is it the most awesome design ever, I wont be purchasing. Where as now, even if the design is fun but not to die for, I usually purchase because, hey, I know I'll at least get a comfy shirt out of it.

adorabrooke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adorabrooke
missmissa07 wrote:I am more offended by how some of the skinnier girls responded to your comment, implying that anyone who previously couldn't fit into the women's sizing is overweight. Granted, there were only like 2 or so people who implied this, but come on guys, curvy does not automatically mean overweight.

Here here!

xninjagrrl

Just got my WS shirt from yesterday. The sizing is terrible. I have another green shirt that I have not washed yet and when I compare them, the Anvil shirt is about one inch shorter. The Anvil shirt is also 2-4.5 inches wider!! Up near the sleeve it is about 2 inches wider, nothing too major, might shrink down. But as you work your way down the bottom, where it bells out, it is 4.5 inches wider! So basically the new shirts are meant for short girls with abnormally wide hips. Come on woot, if a female wears a size small odds are good that she is proportional and small all over. If these shirts did not bell out, they would probably be fine.I can see adding a bit of width to the chest area but this 4.5 extra inches on the bottom are ridiculous. Oh well. I can always get 6 dollar tees of super poor quality and they shrink down to nothing.

xninjagrrl

xninjagrrl wrote:Just got my WS shirt from yesterday. The sizing is terrible. I have another green shirt that I have not washed yet and when I compare them, the Anvil shirt is about one inch shorter. The Anvil shirt is also 2-4.5 inches wider!! Up near the sleeve it is about 2 inches wider, nothing too major, might shrink down. But as you work your way down the bottom, where it bells out, it is 4.5 inches wider! So basically the new shirts are meant for short girls with abnormally wide hips. Come on woot, if a female wears a size small odds are good that she is proportional and small all over. If these shirts did not bell out, they would probably be fine.I can see adding a bit of width to the chest area but this 4.5 extra inches on the bottom are ridiculous. Oh well. I can always get 6 dollar tees of super poor quality and they shrink down to nothing.

How do i post a pic in here?

bellisperennis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellisperennis
rellybob wrote:Looks like I'm going to have to switch from a WM to WS. Not happy with the length difference between the two however. I would be losing an inch and 3/8 of length so that the chest isn't baggy. Not thrilled.

Exactly my complaint. The previous WM were juuuust long enough, and the WS were too short (looked like I had been shopping in the kid's section!). Now the WS will be the right width but too short (shorter than the old WS!).

I will try one, IF there is a design spectacular enough to warrant chancing it, but if the new sizes look cropped on me, I will have to give up on Woot.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
xninjagrrl wrote:How do i post a pic in here?

If it is online, enter [ img ] url of the pic [ /img ]

But without the spaces.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

I know I'm repeating what has been said a few times but I just wanted to add my voice to the requests, I think a lot of the problems here would be solved by widening your offered size range to include XS and 2X. Four sizes really is a rather narrow selection. Tall sizes would be divine also. The XL will fit me but from the measurements given I'm afraid it will be too short, and I'm only 5'6".

CriesofCarrots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CriesofCarrots

No love for tall skinny women, I guess.

bellisperennis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellisperennis
ProfHotpants wrote:I'm not sure where people are getting that number.

To be clear...

WS is 3/4 inch shorter than our old blank.
WM is 3/8 inch shorter than our old blank.
WL is exactly the same length as our old blank.
WXL is 3/8 LONGER than our old blank.

BUT, and it's a big one here, the shirts are getting much shorter RELATIVE TO CHEST SIZE. I.e. I used to buy Women's Medium. 16.5" chest, 26.375" length. To get a similar chest size (new WS, 17" chest), I will lose 1.375". Not the 0.375 that you keep pointing out. And that "longer" WXL? If you go to the one with the closest chest size to the old blank, (New WM), you lose a full 1.625". Not gain 0.375" That is what every one is complaining about.

Also, if you go back to your own words in another post regarding shrinkage, "They are essentially the same... The new blanks shrink a tiny bit less". Tiny bit. Not substantially less. So the shortness is still going to be a problem.

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
klynb wrote:Woot didn't mention which shirt model they're using, but I checked Anvil's website and at least some of the Anvil women's shirts do come in an XXL option.

Believe me, as a G, I'm right up there with you in wishing for a WXXL.

Count me in on wishing for the W2XL. I'm both big and curvy. So far I have subsisted by ordering men's shirts, but they aren't exactly flattering as I had to go to a 2XL to get enough room for the girls and hips, which leaves me with a baggy middle.

rcosharek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcosharek

I have to agree that a ladies extra small is in order. I am not the new small, I am smaller. I have a whole drawer full of woot shirts, it would be a shame to have to stop because they will be too big.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
ProfHotpants wrote:I'm not the one who gets to make the final decisions on what we order, but I do truly believe that if there's a gap in our sizing we will want to fill it. We want to provide shirts for as many of our customers as possible.

Please do try a WS and let me know how you think it fits. If you hate it, write: service@woot.com

I can't promise what they'll do (I don't work in customer service), but I can promise we're not out to be jerks to our customers. We want you to be happy and your closet to be full of our shirts!

Worth a repeat, i think: A lot of people are requesting women's XS but i'd much rather have MEN'S XS. From the pic posted, the curvy fit of the women's shirts will NOT fit me. But a men's XS that is straighter would probably be perfect. I say add XS for both women and men.