specsmachine


quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

Thanks for all of the kind words, guys. I am excited to have this design printed and glad it's being printed on the American Apparel shirts. As far as the orange and purple goes, they're made up of very simple halftones. Here's a super-duper closeup of what's going on.



I started this design years ago and it has changed a lot over that time. It makes me happy to hear that there are people out there that like the end result.

*Special thanks go out to Barbara and the woot art staff for advice on how to improve my design!*

Narfcake


quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
specsmachine wrote:... and glad it's being printed on the American Apparel shirts.



I'll be picking one up tonight when it's at the regular $15.

zekecatz


quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz

Looks a bit like the old NBC peacock logo.

killerorca


quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca
Narfcake wrote:I'll be picking one up tonight when it's at the regular $15.



Any guarantee they will have enough AA blanks for that delay?

Narfcake


quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
killerorca wrote:Any guarantee they will have enough AA blanks for that delay?



Hmmm ... good question.

Specs - PM me your email, and I'll paypal you the $2 directly.

petrof


quality posts: 0 Private Messages petrof
drewc1138 wrote:That's pretty awesome. Reminds me of one of my favorite woot shirts of all time.

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8565



That's what I was going to say! I bought that shirt the second I saw it on that day, and I've been wearing it ever since!

specsmachine


quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
Narfcake wrote:Hmmm ... good question.

Specs - PM me your email, and I'll paypal you the $2 directly.



Are you kidding? I appreciate the amazingly nice gesture but I say keep it and consider it a donation for all of the awesome stat tracking you do each week!
Speaking of which, check your PM's.

deadlyblonde


quality posts: 6 Private Messages deadlyblonde

I think this design hates on CMYK...

DarbX1605


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarbX1605

I was so bummed that I was going to have to pass on it (and all shirts, soon) because of Anvil. This being on AA means..in for 1! Great design.

Bring back American Apparel

huncut


quality posts: 3 Private Messages huncut

Has anyone bought a womens shirt? I have several but the last one I got didn't fit like my others. It was an AA shirt, but I have another from AA that fits fine, this last one fit more like it was for a kid and had absolutely no waist shaping which just makes it look frumpy and bad. This last AA shirt also didn't say womens anywhere on it like my others, so did they change style and how would I figure out which this one is? It was too small to be a men's and fit like I would expect a kids shirt to (straight up and down no shaping), but they don't make a kids XL. I like this design but don't want another badly fitting shirt that I wont wear. It was an older reckoning shirt so I don't know if it has to do with that or if they just recently changed their womens style. Anyone know?

crazydoglady


quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
killerorca wrote:Any guarantee they will have enough AA blanks for that delay?



I am going to count on it - I'm guessing that so many of the top sellers are on black that they buy black blanks in huge quantities - and wait until after midnight. That way my purchase counts towards the reckoning stats AND I help support the artist. Plus - the sizing for the women's shirts is soooo different between the AA and Anvil that I believe that woot would have to give some warning to wooters of the female persuasion.

mrsstudrobinson


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrsstudrobinson
huncut wrote:Has anyone bought a womens shirt? I have several but the last one I got didn't fit like my others. It was an AA shirt, but I have another from AA that fits fine, this last one fit more like it was for a kid and had absolutely no waist shaping which just makes it look frumpy and bad. This last AA shirt also didn't say womens anywhere on it like my others, so did they change style and how would I figure out which this one is? It was too small to be a men's and fit like I would expect a kids shirt to (straight up and down no shaping), but they don't make a kids XL. I like this design but don't want another badly fitting shirt that I wont wear. It was an older reckoning shirt so I don't know if it has to do with that or if they just recently changed their womens style. Anyone know?



On the 5th page of the blog post on ladies sizes a girl posted what her new shirt fit like.

tom760


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tom760

gawd this is a beautiful design

sweet specsmachine

i couldn't wear it

but maybe my grandson???

DianaSprinkle


quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First Day Sales: 984

Narfcake


quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

Debut day: 984, all on AA blanks.

TheGolux


quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: Narfcake
Last purchase time: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 11:58:19 PM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 27.790s
Woot wage: $3,003.55
Woots sold: 983

Last wooter to woot: gchaser777
Last purchase time: Thursday, February 23, 2012, 11:59:19 PM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 27.761s
Woot wage: $3,751.86
Woots sold: 984

Last wooter to woot: GhostOfPluto
Last purchase time: Friday, February 24, 2012, 12:12:59 AM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 28.506s
Woot wage: $3,716.53
Woots sold: 985

First day sales 984

No Barrels of Crud in Woot-Off, no Reckoning sale in Woot-Off, no It Came Out Of Nowhere in the Reckoning. It is the end of the world!!!










martiakin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages martiakin

OH, yas! But how can I possibly get back to my painting when there's the taxes to be done?

DarbX1605


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarbX1605
nhylandl wrote:I'm kinda skeptical about how well this will print..



I got mine in the mail the other day - wearing it today. It looks amazing, got a few compliments while running errands. Easily a new favorite.

Bring back American Apparel

caramelarrow


quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Got mine today. Really much more special in person. Beautiful. Can't wait to wear it!

07/11/14

tmkokot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmkokot

I want this one!!! Waaaaahhhhhh! that I missed it.