bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
paigeg wrote:You meant "Bunny Robot Pirate Cats fighting Zombie Ninja Turtles"

There's actually a Game by Steve Jackson called SPANC - Space Pirate Amazon Ninja CatGirls

Think we cna get Ramy to do a version of that cover?

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

What the heck is a dabloon? O.o

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
Mavyn wrote:What the heck is a dabloon? O.o

a gross misspelling of doubloon...

Oopsie-doodle

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Oh snap! I was just going to suggest a shirt-as-costume pirate entry, but I wanted to check shirt.what? first for the corresponding derby to make sure it hadn't been flooded with such. NO shirt.what? ! At least for now. Apparently I need to pay more attention to politics around here.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
axphw1 wrote:a gross misspelling of doubloon...

Oopsie-doodle

I was wondering if it was a euphemism. ;)

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Mishvmd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mishvmd
Mavyn wrote:I thought they were called wenches!

Depends on who's booty you're looking at........

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

I would love to see some of those midget pirtate by Dooomcat make an appearance.

That said, I've got a question for the artists that read through the pre-derby thread. Do you guys and gals ever consider what we throw out there as a possible design? I don't mean this like an accusation or what not, just a question about whether you usually have stuff pop up into your head as soon as you read a theme and try to ignore the threads so you don't have it effect the overall concept until you've got a workable sketch?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
paigeg wrote:Apparently I need to pay more attention to politics around here.

all is toast!

remember to only vote for amurrican designers!

(just kidding)

no1

bluejester wrote:I would love to see some of those midget pirtate by Dooomcat make an appearance.

That said, I've got a question for the artists that read through the pre-derby thread. Do you guys and gals ever consider what we throw out there as a possible design? I don't mean this like an accusation or what not, just a question about whether you usually have stuff pop up into your head as soon as you read a theme and try to ignore the threads so you don't have it effect the overall concept until you've got a workable sketch?

not that i really enter much any more, but when i used to see suggestions, i'd automatically assume someone better/faster/stronger was already working on them and not bother. but the suggestions mite spark another idear.

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood
bluejester wrote:I would love to see some of those midget pirtate by Dooomcat make an appearance.

I, for one, try to get an idea firmly in mind before reading the thread in-depth. At times reading other ideas seems to hobble your imagination. Then again I'm sure it's nice when you're stuck for someone to throw a free idea out there.

bluejester

no1 wrote:not that i really enter much any more, but when i used to see suggestions, i'd automatically assume someone better/faster/stronger was already working on them and not bother. but the suggestions mite spark another idear.

Daft Post?

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

From the flipside, I keep lobbing those thoughts out there. I dont' have the facility to execute on my own, and precious little opportunity to practice. But I do get ideas about the themes, so... It used to bug me when they were consistently ignored, even more so if someone said 'do it yourself!' I'm no longer inclined to sub what I know is inferior work. So, these days if I fling out an idea, I do it 'just because'. If anyone ever runs with one, I'll be more surprised than anyone.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

It has been too long since someone did a fake beer shirt. PIRATE GROG is calling you wonderful artists to change that.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
bounty42 wrote:There's actually a Game by Steve Jackson called SPANC - Space Pirate Amazon Ninja CatGirls

Think we cna get Ramy to do a version of that cover?

Which is a stupidly fun game, by the way.

Can't wait to see what people come up with, this should be good (and thank you Woot for the no pop culture rule... we've been drowning in Nintendo as of late).

no1

paigeg wrote:From the flipside, I keep lobbing those thoughts out there. I dont' have the facility to execute on my own, and precious little opportunity to practice. But I do get ideas about the themes, so... It used to bug me when they were consistently ignored, even more so if someone said 'do it yourself!' I'm no longer inclined to sub what I know is inferior work.

sigh. i know what you mean, but...

do it yourself!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

This is what I've got

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
odysseyroc wrote:This is what I've got

Love it.

bluejester

paigeg wrote:From the flipside, I keep lobbing those thoughts out there. I dont' have the facility to execute on my own, and precious little opportunity to practice. But I do get ideas about the themes, so... It used to bug me when they were consistently ignored, even more so if someone said 'do it yourself!' I'm no longer inclined to sub what I know is inferior work. So, these days if I fling out an idea, I do it 'just because'. If anyone ever runs with one, I'll be more surprised than anyone.

Yeah, I feel that way too. I a few art classes under the belt (have thought of taking more lately) but have no where near the capability that the artists/designers on woot have.

Like I was thinking how cool it would be to see a picture done to look like Washington crossing the Deleware, only done up pirate style.

But I don't have the skill to execute that. Heck, I can barely cartoon my own Avatar.

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine

You forgot something!

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko

"Pirate code" and the first rule is that the work must be an original design. :-D

no1

bluejester wrote:Heck, I can barely cartoon my own Avatar.

when i look at your profile and see the closeup, it looks better, but at the tiny size of the avatar i can't see the face and it looks like a molar. suggest at least making the facial features bigger, better if zoom on the head and leave the rest of the sketchbook out.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc
specsmachine wrote:You forgot something!

Here you go!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Narfcake wrote:Needz moar zombies.

Remember, the four basic shirt.woot groups are
- Ninjas
- Pirates
- Robots
- Zombies

You forgot bunnies and penguins and plumbers.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

• No pop culture or parody

I feel this rule is trying to slap me in the face with the rejection I received in the last derby... Ok Woot-Bot, I get it, no parodies...

nblottie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages nblottie

Working up a "Pie-rate" sketch. Oh yeah!

nblottie

Working up a "Pie-rate" sketch. Oh yeah!

nblottie

And, like that I see many have been done. Maybe I can find a different spin on it.

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite

Here's what I've cobbled together. I'm not sure about the shirt color. Any thoughts? And I'm not sold on the O.G. Pirate line. I was thinking "Analog Pirate" or "Original Pirate." I'm sorta stuck. I'm hoping more comes to me in the evening.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
paigeg wrote:My mind's eye is seeing a software pirate adorned with flash drives, mini-discs, thumb/jump drives, SD cards... in various parts of his apparel. Maybe a lanyard USB drive dangling/braided into his hair a la Jack Sparrow.
But, given my overall artistic incompetence, ain't gonna happen here.

reminds me of this threadless shirt
http://www.threadless.com/product/1362/21st_Century_Pirate/tab,guys/style,shirt

paigeg wrote:Oh snap! I was just going to suggest a shirt-as-costume pirate entry, but I wanted to check shirt.what? first for the corresponding derby to make sure it hadn't been flooded with such. NO shirt.what? ! At least for now. Apparently I need to pay more attention to politics around here.

It has been done.

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite
DianaSprinkle wrote:Waits for all the sad ninja entries from people that only read the titles.

I was almost one of those people. I went to lunch concepting for ninjas and then I reread the rules. Good thing!

nblottie

Here's a sketch. Any thoughts?

glorinmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glorinmann
Leahbh wrote:
reminds me of this threadless shirt
http://www.threadless.com/product/1362/21st_Century_Pirate/tab,guys/style,shirt

Yes, we also had our very own version at Woot

blackbirdmist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackbirdmist
nblottie wrote:Here's a sketch. Any thoughts?

Awesome.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan

This is the beginning of the idea I have. I've been pirated! Any thoughts?

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
nblottie wrote:Here's a sketch. Any thoughts?

It took me a while to get because I didn't realize that the bird was the period... but now that I get it, I like it.

Icy13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Icy13

omgz, this. Nothing else, this.

And +1 for not using the new casting of washington, pre-1999 Obverse ftw

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar

Having missed the last few, and being disgraced by the performance of "Nobody Loves Candy Corn" (which apparently nobody did - LOL) I give you the first of my submissions this week:

Booty!

Thought I would go for simple and see how that does.

ljwilke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljwilke
taternuggets wrote:I've never understood the fascination with pirates.

i don't understand it either. i have it, but i'm not sure why.

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
SkekTek wrote:You forgot bunnies and penguins and plumbers.

And trees - don't forget trees.