waveformblue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages waveformblue

My Ensoniq SQ-80 synthesizer has an internal 800 Kb 3.5-inch floppy drive. I feed it 1.4 mB floppies - most work fine with the funky formatting.

It sports a 25,000-note, 8-track sequencer with good editing abilities.

40 internal sound patches - all fully editable. Optional external cartridge holds 80 more, although mine holds 640 :-)

75 glorious 8-bit waveforms. Mine has 180 additional "hidden" waveforms - totally glitchtastic!

8-voice polyphony (3-waveforms per voice).

Each voice has 3 LFOs, 4 ADSRs, 1 lo-pass filter and RESONANCE. All of these except one ADSR are assignable.

Yep..it's got MIDI in, out, and thru.

Lots of dedicated function buttons + a 2-line, 80 character alphanumeric fluorescent display = easiest synthesizer interface on the planet.

OS ROM is 128 Kb.
Waveform ROM is 128 Kb.
System RAM is 64 Kb.
Sequencer RAM is 64 Kb (UART bankswitched with System RAM).
Motorola MC6809E processor running at 8 MHz.

My 'board was built in 1988. Oldschool rules.

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca

Add the button is bouncing folks, hurry up and get yours now before it is gone forever!

(Just kidding)

vkinman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vkinman
emilykin wrote:I don't understand what size to get- they said all woman's shirt sizes changed a few days ago- but the sizing chart is the old one. Is this shirt on the new size or old one? Frustrated

It all depends on the shirt at the moment and the availibility of various colors' blanks whether any particular shirt (debut or reckoning) is on the (original) AA or (new) Anvil shirts.

Check the size chart - if the footnotes at the bottom say made in the USA for any particular version (mens, womens, kids) those sizes are on the original AA style. If Honduras, then they're on the new Anvil ones. The size chart is the final word, so to speak. :-)

In this time of flux, we've got shirts running on both versions, it's all over the place. Check the size charts to make sure for any particular version.

If you have your heart set on the Anvil version, maybe wait and watch the reckoning to see if it switches to the new version some time before it disapears, depending on how long it lasts?

cmillard1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cmillard1
killerorca wrote:Add the button is bouncing folks, hurry up and get yours now before it is gone forever!

(Just kidding)

I was on the fence, but I took the plunge...

DarkLazer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DarkLazer

This is VERY tempting. Might have to bite the bullet on this one.

vkinman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vkinman
killerorca wrote:Add the button is bouncing folks, hurry up and get yours now before it is gone forever!

(Just kidding)

I actually like to wait to buy shirts in the day(s) after their debut, I'm ok with the extra few dollars if it helps feed directly into the artist's pocket, instead of being lost in the initial "yay it printed!" lump sum payment.

As for this shirt, I like it a lot, but still debating if I'm in or not for any.

gkarcher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gkarcher
skatimmy737 wrote:Number Munchers, anyone?

Loved it!!!

falken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages falken
vkinman wrote:I actually like to wait to buy shirts in the day(s) after their debut, I'm ok with the extra few dollars if it helps feed directly into the artist's pocket, instead of being lost in the initial "yay it printed!" lump sum payment.

As for this shirt, I like it a lot, but still debating if I'm in or not for any.

You should buy it on launch day then and offer to send the artist $3. Same amount of money for you but they get an extra dollar.

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

Holy bouncing buy buttons!

Shooxjat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shooxjat
bacalum wrote:
History question for youngsters: what's the difference between confetti and ticker-tape?

Ooh, ooh, I'm 25, can I answer?

Confetti is just regular shredded paper, premade for the purpose of tossing around. Ticker tape was the paper they used on the stock exchange tickers (before electronic boards got popular) that you would cut up and save for big important parades.

Do I get a prize?

themartorana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themartorana

Oh noes!! Please make more!

Curse my stupid brain for forgetting to get in on this and instead watch a Breaking Bad marathon!

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51

congrats on the sellout firefrogh!

nonosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nonosh

The market is still burning with demand. Please make more. I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY!!!

Was that effectively persuasive?

danlecompte

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danlecompte

I wish I had bought this in the morning, now I'm too late.

At least now that it's sold out we shouldn't hear any more from the self-righteous technology snobs who think the info on the shirt is wrong. Yes, you're so clever and everyone admires you taking a stand and not buying it on principle...except that you were all proven wrong multiple times. Well at least you can sleep soundly tonight knowing that you didn't buy a shirt you really liked based on your own false facts.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Wow! A sellout! Congrats, firefrogh! :D

thephirefox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thephirefox

I can't believe I missed out on this one! ; ;

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

$72000 spent on floppy disk shirts. That's probably more than will be spent on actual floppy disks this year.

Great tee, well deserving of the sell-out. :^)

Ed3rd

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Ed3rd
mypinktoes wrote:I teach school and my current 7th graders didn't know life before flash drives.

And yet, most apps still use a tiny picture of a 3.5" 'floppy' to represent Save.

It's a krap! We cannot repel bags of this magnitude!
10/13/06 4/1/07 6/1/07 12/11/08 01/28/10 3/26/10

fstaab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fstaab

What do you mean "Sold out"??????

This better show up on the reckoning page or I'm gonna be real mad!

I saw it this morning but had to wait until tonight to buy, and now I can't? Not cool!

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
falken wrote:You should buy it on launch day then and offer to send the artist $3. Same amount of money for you but they get an extra dollar.

It doesn't look like it will make any difference with this shirt (it's clearly pretty popular) but another reason to buy after debut day is because sales on the first day don't count towards the reckoning stats.

graywh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages graywh
fstaab wrote:What do you mean "Sold out"??????

This better show up on the reckoning page or I'm gonna be real mad!

I saw it this morning but had to wait until tonight to buy, and now I can't? Not cool!

It will--you just have to pay $15 instead.

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
themartorana wrote:Oh noes!! Please make more!

nonosh wrote:The market is still burning with demand. Please make more. I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY!!!

danlecompte wrote:I wish I had bought this in the morning, now I'm too late. ...

thephirefox wrote:I can't believe I missed out on this one! ; ;

fstaab wrote:What do you mean "Sold out"?????? ...

I'm not goldenthorn, but I'll do my best ...

sheens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheens

For those who only know one meaning of "enclosure":

enclosure [en-kloh-zher] noun
1. something that encloses, as a fence or wall.
2. something that is enclosed, as a paper sent in a letter.
3. the separation and appropriation of land by means of a fence.
4. a tract of land surrounded by a fence.
5. an act or instance of enclosing.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

Congrats on the sellout!

ceotty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ceotty
sheens wrote:For those who only know one meaning of "enclosure":

enclosure [en-kloh-zher] noun
1. something that encloses, as a fence or wall.
2. something that is enclosed, as a paper sent in a letter.
3. the separation and appropriation of land by means of a fence.
4. a tract of land surrounded by a fence.
5. an act or instance of enclosing.

I always find that defining a word by using the word to be completely unhelpful. It's the literary equivalent of dividing by zero.

— Cyndy Otty —
http://gentlewit.com

mjonatzke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mjonatzke
odysseyroc wrote:Congrats on the sellout!

I am guessing they only printed 25 of these.. The colors are horrendous

word.

kungpowbetty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kungpowbetty

Does anyone know where the Order Status area is? I can't find the My Account tab

Narfcake

mjonatzke wrote:I am guessing they only printed 25 of these.. The colors are horrendous

Try 6000.

kungpowbetty wrote:Does anyone know where the Order Status area is? I can't find the My Account tab

Top center of the page, right under your username.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

kungpowbetty wrote:Does anyone know where the Order Status area is? I can't find the My Account tab

Hello and welcome to woot! The My Account link can be found right under your username at the top of any shirt.woot page (right to the left of the Log Out link). If you don't see it, please make sure that you have javascript enabled and updated.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

mjonatzke wrote:I am guessing they only printed 25 of these.. The colors are horrendous

Do you even go here?

mjonatzke

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mjonatzke
goldenthorn wrote:Do you even go here?

Go where? It's true

word.

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

When was the previous (last) shirt.woot sell-out?

Narfcake

rugrats2001 wrote:When was the previous (last) shirt.woot sell-out?

A month ago with Shhhhhhh.

Narfcake

mjonatzke wrote:Go where? It's true

To each and everyone their own.

Not every design is going to appeal to everyone. Some folks love turbunguins, some absolutely despise them. And remember - if you don't like today's shirt, there's always tomorrow!

nmpls

quality posts: 22 Private Messages nmpls
Narfcake wrote: And remember - if you don't like today's shirt, there's always tomorrow!

Yeah, but who knows when that will be?

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: evankrueger
Last purchase time: Friday, February 24, 2012, 5:36:54 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 10.569s
Woot wage: $4,087.42
Woots sold: 6000

Last wooter to woot: pennyp
Last purchase time: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 12:01:33 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 14.413s
Woot wage: $3,745.99
Woots sold: 6001

First day sales 6000

nonosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nonosh
Narfcake wrote:I'm not goldenthorn, but I'll do my best ...

Thank you, Mr. Cake! I've been wooting since 2009, yet I was still Skippy Squirrel at heart. I realize I still have much to learn.

Cheers.

yojane2118

quality posts: 9 Private Messages yojane2118

Wow, that was close. Did not buy early then came home too late. Sad. Then I read about the magic reckoning button in the comments & today I am happy. I have just invested an extra $3.00 on a shirt I really wanted and some day soon it will be on it's way. Color me happy. Ah, nostalgia. I think I still have some of those floppy somewhere in my attic along with an Apple 2e. And I still remember programming with punch cards. No nostalgia there.

nocorvair

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nocorvair
waveformblue wrote:My Ensoniq SQ-80 synthesizer has an internal 800 Kb 3.5-inch floppy drive... (snip)

My 'board was built in 1988. Oldschool rules.

strangely, I still have my Ensoniq Mirage... Full Height 3.5 drive and the joys of programming in HEX... I have no idea if my floppies are still readable.

This whole shirt/thread has made me want to search out ZORK the grandfather of PC games.

NOCORVAIR

firefrogh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages firefrogh

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to give your opinion and kind words.   I'm glad I was able to design a shirt so many have liked.  Entering the derby  is something I look forward to each week, and all of your participation makes it that much better.

To the artist who posted here and in the derby, thank you.  I admire so many of you and what you re able to do with your talent.  I learn from you all each week. 

Thank you again,

Firefrogh