meepee

quality posts: 33 Private Messages meepee
Re: Pirate (space)ship

Really beautiful. Excellent use of halftones and clever use of shirt color

Hope you win!

jandk113

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jandk113
Re: The Rusty Hook

Well I love this design and I hope that it wins! I haven't bought a derby shirt in a while, if it wins I am definitely in for one!!

I ♥ WOOT!!!

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Sky Pirate

This derby needed more diesel punk.

4 colors on silver

indigogogo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages indigogogo
Re: Got Pirate?

Kool! This may be the only half-desent submission in the whole derby, though the concept is a BIT tired out..........

indigogogo

Re: There can be only one

Though a bit off topic, totally cool!!!!!!! HAHA!

indigogogo

Re: Pirate Club

Love the BIG print!

mitchloidolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitchloidolt
Re: X marks the spot

awesome!

indigogogo

Re: Movie Pirate

I dont get it?

mitchloidolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitchloidolt
j5 wrote:It doesn't matter. The sterogram is the hook, the fact that it even works is just a bonus.

:D

indigogogo

Re: Forbidden Treasure

Awesome graphics! Definitely couldn't do something like this myself!!!

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
tarmawolf wrote:Time honored traditions aside, this competition pays good money to those who enter it. Those of us who pay money to have the ability to vote would appreciate less stock being put into "traditions" that are merely puns pushing good, creative and on-theme artwork aside.

Hmmmm... I've had my hand slapped (metaphorically) for addressing a poster directly before, but in this case you brought it up. You say you "pay money to have the ability to vote"... unless you have several accounts (which would negate anything you have to say) you have wooted exactly once. Just pointing that out. Also, it sounds like your problem is less with the design and more with the fact that it's in the fog and therefore keeping a design out that you feel is more deserving... in which case your issue is more with me and the other voters who put this in the fog... and we have also paid good money for our right to vote.

Love it! I voted on the strength of the thumbnail alone, I knew as soon as I saw it that I want it. Great work.

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood
Re: Hungry Beaver

Lol, love the expressions. And beavers are probably the best animal in existence, so got my vote (:

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

geminian77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geminian77
cpresti wrote:Super cute! But it might get rejected for the Pacman reference. Maybe just make them normal ghosts or something and resubmit?

Thank you! My fingers are crossed tightly

Ian Koller

dreadwood

Re: Forbidden Treasure

I'm a huge fan of your landscape designs over your character designs. You really have a way of bringing the scenes to life. Amazing piece as usual.

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402
Re: abandon ship

This made me smile!

crazydoglady

It looks like this derby has brought out a few trolls; a few folks who've made one purchase each and one who is just commenting (never bought a shirt). They're fairly vocal on at least one other design with the same type of complaints - I think we should ignore them.

I love puns, great design, GMV

jlc40

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jlc40

Love this. Something I would actually wear.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Ykr's criticisms, as he/she is apparently unable to spell (*sacrificed, *you're).

jlc40

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jlc40
Re: Purrrates

Adorable... It'll be a struggle between the "aww cuuuuuute" part of my brain and the sensible "you absolutely cannot buy any more gray woot shirts because they make you look like death" part if it gets printed though...

Maybe I could figure out how to work gray...

crazydoglady

Re: Some Translation Required

Looks like the trolls have left their mark here also Hope this upsets the hell out of them... once something is in the fog I have to really LOVE it to vote for it - I figure it doesn't really need my help - but today I have voted for every design that the trolls have tried to trash.

Simple, clever, GMV

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Failed Mutiny

this made me lol, literally

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: The Pirate

It's been long since I've seen you submit something, and like always, I like this one!

geminian77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geminian77
Re: PACRATS VERSION 2

A wise sage once said, "You might get rejected because of the reference." I say, maybe this tweak'll fix 'em. Then, maybe the original design will be safe. Eh?

Ian Koller

crazydoglady

j5 wrote:It doesn't matter. The sterogram is the hook, the fact that it even works is just a bonus.

I agree, I laughed as soon as I saw the design, the joke is funny. GMV

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
Re: The Crow's Nest

This needs to be fogging like nobody's business. Come on, voters!

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
Re: Parlay

Parlay!

dreadwood

Re: Pirates of the Old School

Man, I really like this idea and shirt. I don't understand why some shirts just get bypassed :/ Good work though.

meedox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meedox
aleafloor wrote:Adorable!!!

Or perhaps arrghh-dorable? (Hmm... now that I see it typed out, I'm having second thoughts.) XD

Thanks!

dreadwood

Re: A Map to My Heart

Wow, really enjoying this entry. I especially like how you did the feather. I'm wondering if it might look a bit better with more contrast though? The red sticks out a lot, but maybe even more. Like making the paper a different color or something. Just a suggestion, great entry.

meedox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meedox
Re: Big Dream Little Bottle

jvcline wrote:Seconded on being adorable!

Many pirate-y thanks!

cpresti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpresti
dreadwood wrote:Wow, really enjoying this entry. I especially like how you did the feather. I'm wondering if it might look a bit better with more contrast though? The red sticks out a lot, but maybe even more. Like making the paper a different color or something. Just a suggestion, great entry.

Thanks! Yeah the contrast was buggin me. I wasn't sure if such a square design would look weird if it had high contrast so I purposefully made the red the most prominent thing. A mistake, perhaps?

Check out my Food design please!

cpresti

Re: The Crow's Nest

This is great! I love the pen and ink feel!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Re: The PiRAT

Nice touch with the ears. I like it!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

Re: I Have a Bad Feeling

Great expression!

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cpresti

Re: Good Help is Hard to Find

Cute idea! But I'm not sold on your colors. The red and green is very Christmas, and then there's the blue and the yellow. All of those colors are very high contrast (blue/yellow and red/green are on the opposite sides of the color wheel) so it's kind of overwhelming.

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
Re: Arrrr!

I foresee this great, simple design being rejected because of a crappy similar idea that's existing on another site... So sad.

I hope I'm wrong.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=60947]Nothing at

Hi there. Just a pro tip, special characters in your derby title cause our quote bbs code to go wonkers. That's the code that puts your awesome thumbnail on each comment and garners you some free advertising in the compiled comments thread.

The quote marks got you this time. Just know for future entries to avoid special characters.

Nice art! I really like it!

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402
Re: Pirate Toast - Arrr!

Yay! And it's grape jelly :D Voted.

dreadwood

cpresti wrote:Thanks! Yeah the contrast was buggin me. I wasn't sure if such a square design would look weird if it had high contrast so I purposefully made the red the most prominent thing. A mistake, perhaps?

Nah I like the red. Idk honestly. Oh well, it's great how it is (: