Must print! +1

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone
Re: X Marks the Pot...

hehe, nice!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 588 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

skatergirlnyc wrote:I totally want to vote but I don't know how?!?!

To vote, you must have made at least one purchase on any woot retail site.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cptgone

Re: One Man's Trash...

attention, Woot!
i received this urgent message in a bottle:

"i'm the parrot of a rich Nigerian pirate, and i found a treasure map - but i can't go out cause i'm naked (had to eat my shorts to treat my scurvy). if Woot prints this (for use as pants), i'll send half the treasure to Woot HQ on Anvil Island (off the coast of Honduras)"

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Mavyn wrote:...Will wait to see, as I thought it was restricted to tee sales, not the art in other forms as well..

Me too . Is a awesome work, hope he continue in competition.

cptgone

Re: Polly on Jolly

inspektordogge wrote:I really like your style here. It looks lithographic.

+1

cptgone

Re: Air Raid

nice!

cptgone

cptgone

WinterArtwork wrote:
we just had the same idea...it happens

hardly worth making an issue over

i wasn't attacking you (or your entry). it seems i didn't fully understand the similar designs exist rule (clarified by odysseyroc above). in hindsight, i shouldn't have vented my frustration over the rejection of "Copy Cat" here. sorry!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 37 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: How to Drive a Pirate Mad

This is super cool!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
Re: Incompetent Fools (No Text)

I like it better without the text, his expression certainly says enough.

fishbiscuit5

Re: ARRR!

Cute and clever!

fishbiscuit5

Re: From Sea to Sky

I keep coming back to look at your design. It's just lovely and whimsical.

amreli

mverc wrote:I like it but think it would be better without the crow's nest. Just the parrot perched on the sail.

I did try it without the crow's nest and didn't like it as much, but that was before I colored everything, so that might have made the difference.

meedox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meedox

I want to see this fight play out. Not sure who to bet on, though.

Completely adorable design, well done!

easysailor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor
Re: No Quarter Given

Hope this shirt wins

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.

easysailor

quality posts: 25 Private Messages easysailor
Re: Rated ARRRRRR

I Want this shirt. Vote vote vote!

I live paycheck to paycheck thanks to woot.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

hahahahaahah greaaaaaaaat one!

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie
fishbiscuit5 wrote:I keep coming back to look at your design. It's just lovely and whimsical.

me too, I wish it would print!!
Please please tell me if this prints elsewhere I really want it !

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

Awesome! His expression really comes alive in this version.

lisonallie

Re: The Rusty Hook

Personally, I would buy this as a design but not as a shirt. I'm just so picky with the shirt colors ^^;. It has my vote though, first time I saw it the pun made me giggle .

jsee1218

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsee1218
captainbaldie wrote:I'm saying that the artist typically justs illustrates the theme on a base level, and that is what makes it boring to me. While technically very proficent, I personally find most of this artist's work that he submits here devoid of an kind of style or trademark.
In mention his composition because I can't really recall a design of his that looks like it was anything more than an illustration put on a shirt.

This is totally just my personal opinion, and I apologize if I didn't get my point across before. My recomendation for the artist is to possibly try experimenting with difrent styles, and thinking more outside of the box with his compositions. I believe if he could pair up some more creativity with his technically skill, I'd find myself liking his work a lot more.

Ah, gotcha. Your original post seemed, to me, to be very harsh and unfair. I felt I just had to defend the design because I find it to be so breathtaking. Looking back on what I've written, it kinda sounds like I'm trying to get a rise out of you or something, but that wasn't my intention. I think designers need more comments like the one I'm quoting now because it helps them recognize their strengths and weaknesses. It helps them grow. I apologize if I sounded like a complete and total jerk in my posts yesterday. It really wasn't my intention.

lisonallie

collinvh wrote:A family member told me another artist has an entry in the derby with this concept (there may be more than one). So I've refrained from looking at the derby until now. Sorry for the double up on ideas and I hope you enjoy this take.

haha at first I was like why are all the leaves in a straight line?
How clever!

lisonallie

Re: Instant Night Vision (Resub)

please tell me if this prints elsewhere : )

amreli

Re: How to Drive a Pirate Mad

I love that it works! My father is blind in one eye AND likes pirates, so this would be hilarious for him.

lisonallie

Re: Irrational Pirate

I wish your other shirt would win

eleanorzombie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eleanorzombie
Re: Arrrgyle Parrot

Thank you I love argyle and never saw it's pirate relevance - clever and cute! Good luck!

eleanorzombie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eleanorzombie
Re: Map to My Heart Resub

I love this shirt; I really hope it makes it through. Break a leg!

lisonallie

Re: Digital Piracy

towards this shirt and the pirat one in the fog, why is everyone sold on math shirts in a pirate derby? I'm not trying to be accusatory, I am seriously confused.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

This really is fantastic CD, losing the paper and text and adding a double fist shaking really brings out the ARRRRRRRR!!!!!

Great joke, and great pirate. I might even buy this on a shorter imported tee shirt.. :-\ MIGHT

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

crapstick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crapstick

Voted. This better win. It's creative and interesting and makes you stop and think to make the connection to the theme. I am blown away by all the people calling this off topic you're all a bunch of naggers and might be better off shopping Walmart, I'm sure they sell generic pirate shirts with swords, hooks, and peglegs there.

fluttersby8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fluttersby8
kadenian wrote:An animal made from typography, what an original idea!

This.

How does this thought process work? "Well, there's a raven and a cat that have been in the top 20 forever, lets just do that except with a rat."

Also, I don't really care what the unwritten rules are or how adorable someone thinks it is. It's not a pirate. It doesn't have anything to do with pirates. The rules specifically mentioned lots of things that had to do with pirates, and none of them were rats. It barely even counts as a pun if both the spelling and the pronunciation have to change.

buriedwreckage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buriedwreckage

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Hah! That is funny. Is it or is it not really frustrating to draw a rainbow by hand? I'm never doing it again, but yours looks nice

lisonallie

Re: All Sails Ahead!

spens do you have a deviantart or a place where we can view your masterpieces?

bluetuba

Re: All Sails Ahead!

You know, I appreciate the direct approach sometimes. People are so quick to wedge cute animals, pop culture references, nerd jokes, or something into every single theme regardless of relevance. It's nice to see a great pirate on a pirate ship in the pirate derby.

I do agree with some of the criticism that the pirate could stick out more with a little color and it DOES look a little like an airbrushing on a tee shirt. But I think they are minor quibbles, it's a damn awesome pirate ship.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bluetuba

lisonallie wrote:towards this shirt and the pirat one in the fog, why is everyone sold on math shirts in a pirate derby? I'm not trying to be accusatory, I am seriously confused.

It's not really a math joke, it's more like a play on the new-fangled digital pirates who plunder data instead of gold doubloons. It's a jolly roger made of binary.

Shaneremail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shaneremail
Re: Aaarrrr Sunk

You are awsome! Photoshop? Great Job!

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
jsee1218 wrote:I love this one. Just an opinion, though: I would get rid of the feather in the pirate's hat. Kinda makes me think of Shakespeare for some reason. Then again, maybe it's just me. That's very possible. ;)

yeah you might be right. there's something shakespeare-ish or musketeerey about the tiny sea captain. i feel it could be the feather, or maybe the 'stache which is just too perky for a misanthrope.

kerrylea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kerrylea
Re: The PiRAT

wow. rather shocking number of 'critiques', if you can call 'em that. i very much like that the reference is subtle! i would look forward to the inevitable questions, & even more forward to comments from the few who could work it out on their own. seriously, at least there's something in it for them like me who are fairly shot of cutesy anime-inspired 'winners' that would make me look like i'm in gradeschool. you go, tater! i hope to wear this on international talk-like-a-pirate day!

ciarraighli