goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

fuzombz wrote:This is Fabulous!!!! We All need this shirt now!!!! Got's my vote!

Hello and welcome to woot. You cannot vote until you make at least one purchase from any woot site.

axphw1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages axphw1
msgmissy wrote:No probs! Glad it was caught so early in the derby. Got my vote!

easysailor wrote:I Want this shirt. Vote vote vote!

Thanks. I sincerely hope your desire is fulfilled.

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
j5 wrote:It's Sunday and you're still in the fog.
(^_^,)

Crazy right? I can't believe it, thanks to all who took the time to look at this shirt and those who voted.
I'm just hoping taters head doesn't get too big :p

axphw1

Re: Shiver me Timbers!

Funny got my vote. I like the lower placement - something different.

axphw1

Re: FLYING DUTCHMAN SHIP

Quite nice!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 25 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: One-Eyed Pirates

Poor little fellow on the left. One eye and still has a patch, lol

FretlessM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FretlessM
Re: How to Drive a Pirate Mad

That's amazing! How in the world did you do that?

kmmkmc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmmkmc

Love it. Hope it wins in time for me to buy it for Pi Day.

bassanimation

quality posts: 97 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Parley

This is beautiful, Pixel. Im so sad it didnt go up sooner. It really deserves to push to the fog asap! I love the overall scene and the amazing tiny details. Just superb work!!! +1!

inspektordogge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages inspektordogge
omarfeliciano wrote:Poor little fellow on the left. One eye and still has a patch, lol

I think the one on the right does too. They look like Plankton from SpongeBob!

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies
kharmazero wrote:oh you got astral ark Thanks a lot,hope this one will make it too
here's some details ;-)))

Merci!!!

oops, pardon me, i wooted

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
brockart wrote:This is great! The Cd's and the 8-tracks must be manning the ship.

Thanks! (o;

expo01

zoobawa wrote:yes, this is great.

only thing that could have made it better IMO would be it being more a gradual fade to black on the edges of the skull versus a straight edge. But good nonetheless.

Thanks!

expo01

computermd82 wrote:Now this is awesome! Can I buy this now? lol

+1 vote to you, Good luck!

Thank you!! (o;

expo01

odysseyroc wrote:Great work Jorge.

Thank you Tony!

expo01

stonedsavant wrote:Absolutely stunning. Only way it could possibly be improved is with the aforementioned glow in the dark ink in either that current light blue or a green.

Hope I get a chance to buy it!

Thanks!

expo01

mjc613 wrote:I think people would have to get very close to see the numbers on the shirt.

Well if you can see the numbers being this small I think the real print size will be ok , in case gets printed.

expo01

skatergirlnyc wrote:Awesome.

Thank you! (o;

swatibee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swatibee
Re: The PiRAT

I love it, can't wait to buy it

don't usuallu post but there's enough people grousing about this one wanted to say I *like* the pun and the subtlety

expo01

izzyofthesecondkind wrote:Looks pretty similar to the shirt on this site...

http://tshirtbrute.com/products/85407.jpg

IMO

Really not sure what to tell you but its my idea , never saw that site or that tee shirt before , I guess its pretty usual that two or more people can have the same idea or the same way to represent an idea , I got the idea right after naming my first submission to this derby wich is called ¨Music Piracy" , right after thought about Digital Piracy and started working on this one , I have worked binary or ones and zeros concepts before to represent cyber or digital things in past derbies so its a usual thing for me , here an example of a past entry where I used that same kind of thing ... http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=52804

Thats all I can tell you.

Thanks.

expo01

Re: All Sails Ahead!

Stunning work , you are very talented and I always enjoy your entries very much , congrats.

expo01

Re: Digital Piracy

Many thanks to all who are supporting my entry , appreciated.

Cheers! (o;

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked

First- Nice design Nalito. I think I have seen some mention that they have printed things like cards of a design before, but as it was not mass produced it was allowed. But as a hazy memory isn't a very useful tool to determine which is right it will be interesting to see what happens over the next few days.

aerc712 wrote:Again, I'm new so there are only so many things that I've read and I don't always know who's an artist or not. I didn't know that Narfcake has not submitted a design, to go with that example. I just was trying to express that I've interpreted certain messages to have a tone of artists knowing more than non-artists. Guess I just misinterpreted everything. Disregard everything I've said.

Artists who have printed and read their contract do know more than even other artists who have not read the contract. If you wish to know the contract I do believe that you can download it from the submission pages without any obligation to submit any art to the site.
No one will talk with the assumption that a poster knows the rules of the site they are posting on unless they have interacted with that poster previously. So anytime someone says something that looks confused about rules, the rules will be clarified first, even if ultimately it does not answer the intended question.

And unless you link the examples of artists talking down to us non-artist you will look like someone who attacked an artist and escalated it after they replied calmly and informatively.
Most replies have been that woot has the final say not the artists (in other threads too). And if someone ignores the rules the artists with the disadvantage in this competition will be the ones who follow the rules.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell
Re: First Day With the Hook

+1 for making me laugh hard enough for my roommate to sigh and ask, "What's on Woot?"

captainsuperdawg

quality posts: 14 Private Messages captainsuperdawg
Re: Some Translation Required

Love the last translation. But why's the rum always gone?!?!?!?!?!

lepyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lepyan
Re: Watery Grave Resub.

Arrrrr, still the same treasure, sunken ship and pirate - just cleaned up a bit to correct some drawing errors and remove the half toning.

lonelypond

quality posts: 375 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: No Quarter Given

very cool; put it into the fog, people.

Vote

lonelypond

Re: Pirate Toast - Arrr!

like it; cute enough for many smiles.

Vote

lonelypond

Re: Sky Pirate

nice!!!

Vote

lonelypond

Re: Shiver Me Timbers

yes

Vote

superkt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages superkt
Re: Pirate (space)ship

Always look forward to your designs, omarfeliciano.

bluejester

quality posts: 550 Private Messages bluejester
Re: The PiRAT

I for one am disgusted at the legions of Tatternuggets and Ignorant voters who will blindly vote for anything they put up. Just seeing their names on a collab usually gaurantees that they hit the fog. From their constant use of pop culture to the turtles and bunnies, the mindless masses that vote for their so-called entries have clearly never read their extensive entry in encyclopedia dramatica, which details all of Tatternuggets and Ignorant's shennanigans over the years. Why, the section on how often they have stolen from orphans has ten pages just on the references and links themselves!

(For those who can't tell this is a gag, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Seriously though, it's nice to see you guys grab a fog spot. I hear it's an honor just to be nominated. ;) GMV )

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
Assassin15 wrote:Whoa... wish you had entered this earlier!

Thanks a lot, well i had some things to do this week end ;-)))so did this one lately ;-))

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
axphw1 wrote:Quite nice!

thanks a lot

shadowschaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowschaos
Re: Useful Treasure

Two left feet

Yup.

woodbury419

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woodbury419
panpear wrote:Oh ho. It is a treasure chest. Apparently my eyes don't work... or are a little too focused on the weekend. And indeed, that makes more sense too, though I was just taking the 'shaking the booty' as dancing.

Haha, seeing this made my day!

-Woodbury419

brankitteh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brankitteh
Re: Parley

Shut up and take my money!

crazykid1801

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazykid1801
Re: Digital Piracy

I kinda wish that you didnt smooth out the edges, ya know? Made it look like real ascii art.

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
j5 wrote:I like the mid-century mod feel of the treasure chest/boots/wardrobe elements, but the "sad sack" rendering of her face is incongruous to the rest of it. The mixed styling detracts from an otherwise well done design.

Sad sack? LOL! I'm afraid that most of my illustrations are along the same line. Keepin it real! Not everyone is a super model. ) Thanks for the critic. If I'm going to hope for a win, I guess I better take it and try to improve.

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
macix wrote:This is the only shirt I want to buy on this site. Best work yet!

Thank youuuuu!!