expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
walmazan wrote:Top work Jorge! Totally in for one when it prints!

Thanks amigo! , rejected now , )o; , so bad for yours also, it was great.

Saludos!

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
jasneko wrote:Love the parrot - a real cutie!<3

Thank you so much!

ceptious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ceptious

Bummer, this would have been a great shirt.

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone
Re: Arrrr!

dfunk29 wrote:not this again. i wanted the little kitty faces so much!

+1

of course similar designs exist! we live in postmodern times.
this design is much better in every way (i wouldn't wear the original even if it was free).

maybe i should quit voting here. all it does is make me yearn for the great shirts that could have been.

poindexterturbo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poindexterturbo
midgerock wrote: Plus just trying to see things from other perspectives this may be considered offensive to those people that have prosethics. I not offended. Just considering how other may take it.

Seriously? Dude, pirates have to get their fake hands and legs somewhere. And I say good on Peg-Leg Pete for running an upscale stablishment.

Someone please help me out - how could this possibly be offensive to folks with prosthetics?

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
j5 wrote:I like the mid-century mod feel of the treasure chest/boots/wardrobe elements, but the "sad sack" rendering of her face is incongruous to the rest of it. The mixed styling detracts from an otherwise well done design.

On second thought... no. This is my style and I'm not changing it. There's nothing wrong with her face. It has character and it offers something other than sickningly cute. She's smiling. She's not sad at all. There's one style here and it's mine. But thanks anyway.

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
lepyan wrote:Arrrrr, still the same treasure, sunken ship and pirate - just cleaned up a bit to correct some drawing errors and remove the half toning.

looks good GMV!

shadowschaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowschaos
Re: Sky Pirate

Awesome!
N truly love off center works

Yup.

aleafloor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aleafloor
Re: Some Translation Required

Though I think it's a bit text heavy I think it's a cute idea. I would have preferred there to be a bit more custom art on it and less clipart, to give it a more personal, unique feel to it.

shadowschaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowschaos
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=61031]Yo Ho Ho

Clever but I read it yo & ho ho, then saw the bottle (I'm on my phone and in the thumbnail it looked like half a top hat and mask)

Yup.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
cherylfrancis wrote:On second thought... no. This is my style and I'm not changing it. There's nothing wrong with her face. It has character and it offers something other than sickningly cute. She's smiling. She's not sad at all. There's one style here and it's mine. But thanks anyway.

I think you may have taken that the wrong way. I'm not saying change your style, I'm saying the styles you used in this piece don't match each other. You rendered the face in an organic/ cartoony fashion while other elements are angular/retro.

This piece, for example, shows a cohesive style and works very well.
Same with this one:

I'm not saying draw a pretty pirate lass, I'm saying draw an ugly pirate lass with the same hand you drew her boots/(treasure) chest/other details.

HTH.

move along

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Hook Shot

A couple of friendly pointers...

First, you need to make sure your thumbnail artwork is square. Otherwise, it will be squashed.

Second, this is not a woot tee color. That means this will likely be rejected. You can fix, and resubmit.

good luck.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

aleafloor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aleafloor
Re: Peg-Leg Pete's

I've seen a few shirts in this derby that while I think are well done, I wish that a little more time had been put into them. This is one of them. I wish there was more of a graphical element other than simply a watermarked image resting in the background. When I look at this the 'star' of the shirt is the text. I just wish that the star was something a little more artistic.

Mavyn

Re: Classic Bust

You have more than the maximum number of colors. Might want to clean that up and resubmit. I'd also suggest working the design so that it isn't so boxy.

Mavyn

Re: Peg-Leg Pete's

Am I the only one who thinks Hooks, Pegs and Patches scans better?

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Mavyn wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Hooks, Pegs and Patches scans better?

I prefer it as is. Your way feels like more work to say. But I might be crazy.

Nothing follows.

Stellardig

Re: Davy's Locker

Here is a close up of Davy's Locker.

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung
Re: The PiRAT

Is this a good design? Yes.
Is this an original idea? Not so much.

madalice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madalice
Re: gARRRRamond

Started to with ARRRRRR-iel

Stellardig

Re: Parley

NICE WORK! GMV

starksre

quality posts: 3 Private Messages starksre
dreadwood wrote:Sweet! Reminds me of Treasure Planet.

Same here. one of my favorite movies too

punkmummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages punkmummy
Re: Cyber Pirate

YES!!!

cherylfrancis

j5 wrote:I think you may have taken that the wrong way. I'm not saying change your style, I'm saying the styles you used in this piece don't match each other. You rendered the face in an organic/ cartoony fashion while other elements are angular/retro.

This piece, for example, shows a cohesive style and works very well.
Same with this one:

I'm not saying draw a pretty pirate lass, I'm saying draw an ugly pirate lass with the same hand you drew her boots/(treasure) chest/other details.

HTH.

THANK YOU for explaining yourself. You can probably tell that I thought about it for some time before I replied the second time. Seriously, thank you. I see what you mean. I started adding random strokes on the girl, but I was running out of time. Not that it matters... nobody votes for me anyway!

cherylfrancis

cherylfrancis wrote:THANK YOU for explaining yourself. You can probably tell that I thought about it for some time before I replied the second time. Seriously, thank you. I see what you mean. I started adding random strokes on the girl, but I was running out of time. Not that it matters... nobody votes for me anyway!

I mean, illustrator strokes to make it more angular.

MSmoov

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MSmoov
Re: Big Dream Little Bottle

I really like this design. Here's hoping we all get the chance to pick up a few of these shirts. I can dream, can't I? Oh right, the shirt says I can.

j5

cherylfrancis wrote: Not that it matters... nobody votes for me anyway!

Go back and read what taternuggets said.

move along

Stellardig

Re: Pirate (space)ship

Completely Beautiful! Awesome design! GMV

j5

Re: Kitty and Crossbones

Heathcliff! What happened to you!

move along

meganjane82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meganjane82
Re: X marks the spot

I LOVE this!! great work

ApeLad

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ApeLad
lisonallie wrote:spens do you have a deviantart or a place where we can view your masterpieces?

I'm fairly certain he doesn't read the forums. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: Purrrates

So cute and drunks :D

dijay

dijay

Re: No Escape

Amazing!

dijay

Re: From Sea to Sky

Really beatiful. Great work!!!

marvelman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marvelman
Re: Cyber Pirate

Need this to go along with my Flash Drive Flash shirt.

dijay

Re: Pirate (space)ship

Awesome!!!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
aerc712 wrote:Okay, fine, I was wrong. I said that in my last post. I guess I just misinterpreted things and took them the wrong way. I took a risk saying what I thought and clearly that all backfired. I'm not some "troll" just trying to stir things up. I'm someone with an opinion and when I tried to express that everything just fell apart. Guess I wasn't clear enough or I really did read into things too much. Whatever it is, I'm sorry that this became such a mess. Now, please disregard everything I've said and just leave me alone.

I am not and was not trying to pile on. I am trying to give you a better perspective and way to criticize in the future.

Some woot back history:
The way you responded to MR is reminiscent of what things were like in threads 1-3 years ago. When any negative comment (constructive or not) or link to a similar shirt had fans reply along the lines of: 'your just a big meanie who can't draw and is jealous, this art is the best ever and you want it to fail just help yourself print- I'm never voting for another thing you enter (or if they weren't an artist- any artist you praise) ever again!!!'
One artist with particularly rabid fans wound up getting banned for blatant IP theft, since then most of the drama has died down.

Welcome to woot.

nessa204

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nessa204
aleafloor wrote:Though I think it's a bit text heavy I think it's a cute idea. I would have preferred there to be a bit more custom art on it and less clipart, to give it a more personal, unique feel to it.

This. Also-- "crap" is allowed?!?

KAZVorpal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KAZVorpal
Re: Your Pi-Rate Shirt

People are telling me the "I'd Buy This" link is missing for my shirt, above. Anyone else having that problem?

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
KAZVorpal wrote:People are telling me the "I'd Buy This" link is missing for my shirt, above. Anyone else having that problem?

Looks ok to me. If the people who are telling you this haven't purchased anything from woot, those links are not visible.

Nothing follows.