cpresti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpresti
Re: No Quarter Given

The eye patch makes George looks distinguished. :D

Check out my Food design please!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Irrational Pirate

I guess the "sequel shirt" phenomenon continues ...

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8566

annkingwriter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annkingwriter
Re: X marks the spot

Beautiful calligraphy, appropriate to the art of Wyeth and such.

KingA

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Pierate

The colors are a little too pastel/faded for me, but what a clever idea to put the patch over the missing pie piece.

dreweyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreweyes

♥ This

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis

Thank you, tclem. You know, you have to make a purchase to vote... Leaving a comment is appreciated, but it's not how you vote.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Land Blubber

This is soooo adorable! Perfect graphic for a tee! I'd so wear gold-toothed tubster!!!

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
Re: Failed Mutiny

ha... they really didn't think this through. +1

Nothing follows.

dreadwood

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreadwood
Re: Away from me BOOTY!

Rofl. I got a good laugh, but I don't think it will make it past the rejectionator. Also Woot doesn't allow prints on the back... usually. Funny though (:

heidiruth

quality posts: 12 Private Messages heidiruth
bassanimation wrote:Oh I expect some of those comments for sure, heh. I really do draw stuff other than rodents! Just lately it's been more common for me. Sort of. -hides my shame-

Nothing better than a snuggly pair of ratties on your shoulder! I'm always psyched to see them in your designs.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Brilliance in a Parrot

This is a little different than my normal, but here is my second entry for the week. If you would like a better Picture here is a mid sized one.

damask16

quality posts: 1 Private Messages damask16

This is the cleverest and most subtle shirt I've seen in a while. GMV!

I wonder if the stereogram will still work when it prints, though.

nessa204

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nessa204
Re: Not Just for the Injured

It's speculated that eye-patches weren't just for the injured-- they were possibly used to preserve night vision!
Switching the patch from one eye to the other when going from a sunlit deck to the dark underbelly of a ship (or a well-lit cabin to the darkness of night) would have provided instant nightvision... albeit at the expense of depth perception.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Arrrr!

Grrreat!! +1

nessa204

amavi wrote:Love it!

Dankeschön!!!!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Pirate (space)ship

Thanks guys for all the comments! I am very happy you all like it!

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
Re: Pirate Radio 2

For those of you who requested a recolor

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
Re: abandon ship

three colarrrrs on lj silver. that little rapscallion is gettin away with me loot.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: From Sea to Sky

Really beautiful job creating a scene! Awesome!

lloyd2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyd2002
Re: Arrrr!

Looks kind of like

From here.

shikausstan

Re: Pirate Radio 2

Olive just isn't too popular... But I like this one!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Arrrrrrctopus!

Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments!

nessa204

Re: Searchin' For Booty

Loooooove the texture on this and it's a neat concept.
Voted :D

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie
lloyd2002 wrote:Looks kind of like

From here.

looks a ton like it.

regularshmo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages regularshmo
Re: The PiRAT

it sure does belong, and it will belong until it doesn't belong. that's not for us to say. vote or don't vote, that's where your power lies. personally, i think it's a bit cheeky. i like cheeky.

regularshmo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages regularshmo
j5 wrote:dammit tater! I'm sick and tired of seeing you dominate each and every derby with your barely on-topic entries that pander to the Woot voter!

You should be hung!

< waits for the punchline>

...or made to walk the plank, arrrr!

Yourkiddingright

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Yourkiddingright
Re: The Rusty Hook

Wow man, really just wow, this really looks familiar...

Next time try not to be so blatant about using art you didn't draw and then filling it with some crappy jokes.

aliciabeck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliciabeck

Why are people complaining about it not fitting the theme? It's not like it is a random shirt, it is a pun. No it is not a traditional pirate, but what are you guys the shirt.woot police? Leave that up to the actual shirt.woot police. Good Lord.

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
mightyrain wrote:and those radio towers look like other radio towers too... Oh My Gookie! ... and that pirate has a bandana like other pirates!?! The reason they look familiar is because we both used the same refferance picture most likely. I didn't use that image in mine, look closer, you will see the flags are not the same and the mast is thicker on mine. Mine also has more curve to the rear mast. I used a photograph, not that image.

WOW, chill out dude.

shikausstan

Re: Pirate Beardicons

I like this but I think you should resub, you got the shirt comp and the thumb swapped.

shikausstan

Re: Nessie the Pirate

Just had to vote, this reminds me of my last weeks entry.

shikausstan

panpear wrote:Hopefully he catches that keg before it falls down, eh? Maybe there should've been a fourth image with more dancing. But still I like it!

Oh is that a keg? I thought it was a treasure chest... hence shaking the booty...

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets

The way I approach these derbies is if we can make somebody chuckle, they are more likely to forgive our shortcomings as artists. We are never going to out-draw some of the great artists around here, but perhaps we can try to out-idea them. I always try and think of an alternate way to approach the derbies because going straight in the front door, we get pummeled.

Thanks for all the great comments and for keeping us up in the fog this long...it's quite a thrill.

Nothing follows.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Yourkiddingright wrote:Wow man, really just wow, this really looks familiar...

Next time try not to be so blatant about using art you didn't draw and then filling it with some crappy jokes.

Sorry you don't like the jokes (which I did come up with, along w/ the concept), and yes, I did use a clipped medallion (which I altered in another derby, as well) that is free for commercial use (from a standard bundle w/ Illustrator).

My understanding of the policy of clip art usage is that it can't be the only graphic involved, and it should be integrated into the work, as a whole. I only had a couple of hours available for this week's derby work, so I had to go fast, instead of starting everything from scratch. I can point you to a number of winning entries from the past few months that integrated royalty-free, commercially available graphics into them.

Yes, I normally like to create my own, but real life sometimes gets into the way between noon Thursday and Friday and I integrate "clip art".

Sorry.

[Edit: I can see at least one, if not two, other shirts in the fog with royalty-free art in them, as well. Technically, I'm guessing most of the text you see in this Derby (and other text-related derbies) is also of the "art you didn't draw" variety. I do try to be careful to use fonts that are "royalty free" for commercial use.

Most artists reuse elements - their own and ones they got from other sources (hopefully royalty-free sources, or with permission of the artists) - and it takes awhile to build up your own library of elements. If you submit "daily" shirts to shirt.woot, they ask you for links to any commercial art or photos you've used directly or indirectly. It's not verboten, they just ask to check your sources.

Again, I'm not trying to "fool" anyone, anymore that the other artists here than occasionally use royalty-free elements. My apologies if you thought I was.

mistressofpez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistressofpez
Re: ARgKANSAS

I'm from ARGKANSAS!
GMV

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus
Re: Failed Mutiny

I hate to burst your bubble... but this is delightful.

seakitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seakitty
Re: The Rusty Hook

Hilarious! I love the surgery offering!

seakitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seakitty
Yourkiddingright wrote:Wow man, really just wow, this really looks familiar...

Lighten up, man, it's a T-shirt for gosh sakes. And I think it's a riot.

jstjred

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred

Love the wordplay! Nice!

(But wasn't Splinter a Ninja?)

jlsinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlsinger

Any comments or critiques are appreciated. This is a redesign of my previous submission. My last one had an unintentional pop culture reference.