bluejester

quality posts: 559 Private Messages bluejester
ThunderThighs wrote:************************

MENS: Anvil

WOMENS: AA

KIDS: AA

Sorry I'm late.

Confirmed. Gold box will be added momentarily.

I feel that the confirming what blanks are being used should be done with more gusto, like so:

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama

BTW- anyone find it odd that back when computer processors ran at 33mhz - the operating system was QUICKER to load than it is today with our fancy quad cores and bazillion gigs of ram.

scrabblefish

quality posts: 12 Private Messages scrabblefish

I'm not even a computer nerd and that FORMAT C: command still strikes terror into my soul!

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle
seahokedrama wrote:BTW- anyone find it odd that back when computer processors ran at 33mhz - the operating system was QUICKER to load than it is today with our fancy quad cores and bazillion gigs of ram.

Depends what you're running - my linux laptop (6 years old) runs MUCH faster than my significantly newer windows laptop!

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

StarBob

quality posts: 14 Private Messages StarBob

Despite growing up in an age where DOS prompts were on their way out, I really love this shirt simply because there are plenty of times where I still type "CMD" just because it's the best way to do stuff.

Plus the utterly simplistic nerdism of this is fantastic... so I'm in.

bootricia

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bootricia
seahokedrama wrote:If I wore that- my wife would be prompt to format *.* me.

I just made an rm *.* joke to the hubby.

He got it.

goldfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfire
probably a huge chunk of us still get nostalgic at the very sight of C:\BARDS_TALE

Ten characters in a directory name? What wizardry is this?

bullthumper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bullthumper
cornellbigred wrote:What's a C: drive?

Exactly. I wonder how many folks would understand

1A>_

Oh, for the days of PIP, ERA, STAT and SYSGEN.

And not to forget the repetitive grinding sounds, cringing as one waiting for the famous BDOS ERR ON A:

THOSE were the days!

http://www.thecomputerarchive.com Preserving the history of the companies and products that advanced the computer revolution

JamesDelsman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JamesDelsman

Raise your hand if you know what day of the week January 1, 1980 was.

(If you don't know why I know, trust me, it's relevant.)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bluejester wrote:I feel that the confirming what blanks are being used should be done with more gusto, like so:

I'll work on that.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

TehCaspia

quality posts: 16 Private Messages TehCaspia
amreli wrote:Oh, the nostalgia! You captured that green glow so well.

Would be even awesomer if it glowed in the dark!

woot changed my signature...apparently linking my old blog was "advertising"...never thought I'd see anyone give Obama a run for his money on being the nanny state...

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

I'm too young to get it, and I am not ashamed.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

ceotty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ceotty
at1003 wrote:someone should make a bluescreen of death shirt

There was sort of one several years back.

— Cyndy Otty —
http://gentlewit.com

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Congrats Kevlar51! A very nostalgic design!

bullthumper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bullthumper

"We call this color: COLOR 07. By which we mean, the background is Black."

Maybe it was COLOR 0F because look at that phosphor glow! (Or y'all had the intensity turned way up!)

In the old BASICs, it would be COLOR 10, 0 for light green on black, assuming a color display such as CGA, EGA or VGA.

With with an MDA or Hercules-compatible card, the color would still work as 2-7 normal "white" (or in this case a green phosphor shirt), 10-15 were high intensity, 0 and 8 were black plus 1 and 9 being underlined normal and high intensity, respectively.

So with that logic, it could be COLOR 0A, as well.

Now I'm going back into hiding because I just remembered the commands for a Soroc IQ 120, Hazeltine 1500 and a TeleVideo 950....

http://www.thecomputerarchive.com Preserving the history of the companies and products that advanced the computer revolution

darkmagician1184

quality posts: 8 Private Messages darkmagician1184

this shirt is a close second to

sweettoad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweettoad
serenityx wrote:C:\> 4 8 15 16 23 42 EXECUTE

love... this made me giggle.

greyfade

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greyfade

Needs a ~ and a #.

I don't need this DOS-ism.

... I bought it anyway.

-- greyfade

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

I don't know about the rest of you, but I see this all the time; one can't easily back up a Windows system or remove viruses without it!

wootlover54321

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootlover54321
wrwine3 wrote:echo off
for %a in (THIS, SHIRT, IS, AWESOME) do echo %a
echo on

rem if placing in a batch file, replace "%a" with "%%a" (without the quotes)

Thanks for commenting your code; nice programmer

battlebird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages battlebird

when are we gonna get one that has a bash prompt? i hate microcrap! :P

yaw4god_emt

quality posts: 16 Private Messages yaw4god_emt
goldfire wrote:Ten characters in a directory name? What wizardry is this?

Came here to say this.

My DOSBox returns: directoryname is longer than 8 characters and/or contains spaces.

Still bought the shirt, though.

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. He's also postmaster and probably traffic cop, too. All the jobs for sports referees are probably filled, though." --Lemel Hebert-Williams

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
Narfcake wrote:C: drive? Bah. You and your fancy schmancy computers with multiple drives. Why, back in my days, we made due with a single floppy drive! And I had to walk uphill in snow both ways!

Here's a map of your neighborhood.

plipska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plipska1

Seriously there was nothing better to woot...congrats to the artist tho < = more

xkeeper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xkeeper
yaw4god_emt wrote:Came here to say this.

My DOSBox returns: directoryname is longer than 8 characters and/or contains spaces.

Still bought the shirt, though.

You can technically get around it with C:\BARDS_TA.LE\> but by then you're just opening yourself up to all sorts of Fun Problems.

(Fun fact: You actually could make file names with spaces back in the MS-DOS days.)

ahulett

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ahulett
quark613 wrote:Aw, it's DOS. WordPerfect 5.1, best word processor EVER.

WordStar - everyone should navigate with [CTRL]+[] commands, even to move the cursor. Or we could just use edlin I suppose.

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel

Oh man, I want to buy this for my development team. They would LOVE this. Now can I get matching one of MS Paint for my designers??

Congrats on the win!!

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

Thanks everyone! I'm happy to see this has brought back so many wonderfully terrible memories for people!

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3
ckeilah wrote:If only it were a root shell prompt in "amber screen"....

Oooh, I like!

www.howlingdead.com

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3
JamesDelsman wrote:Raise your hand if you know what day of the week January 1, 1980 was.

(If you don't know why I know, trust me, it's relevant.)

ROTFLMAO! I kept thinking it was January, 1, 1970.

www.howlingdead.com

trbofr13nd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trbofr13nd

I'm sorely disappointed that that awesome space shuttle shirt didn't make it, and instead this overly simple shirt did. This one's okay.

Sig sig sig sig sig

cedaroo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages cedaroo

Nice. But I would have preferred:

A good PR#6 or Peek & Poke visual pun.

And I'd gladly buy three shirts if someone can pull off a decent Beagle Bros homage.

zaqnewman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zaqnewman
quark613 wrote:Aw, it's DOS. WordPerfect 5.1, best word processor EVER.

Ha! This statement makes me nostalgic because I grew up listening to my dad complain all the time about Works and Word and his constant struggle to keep using WordPerfect for as long as possible.
But I'm also bitter about this theme because I took summer school in high school to skip computer literacy and we learned how to use DOS, only to be told the next fall that the course no longer counted because it was outdated.

sleepyjen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sleepyjen

This makes me want to settle down and play some Zork III.

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass
arryielle wrote:Depends what you're running - my linux laptop (6 years old) runs MUCH faster than my significantly newer windows laptop!

But, does it load faster than DOS used to?

vrillusions

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vrillusions

Sweet I was born in 1981!

SperkMik

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SperkMik

We still ran DOS on our home computer in 1990 (because we didn't have Windows, not because we ran them both). My youngest daughter was 2 that year, and learned to type in her name to bring up her favorite animated batch file. She learned her alphabet that way, too, and the correspondence between upper case (keyboard) and lower case (what appeared in glowing green on the screen). Back in those days, the worst thing you could do to a computer was crash it. No internet, no viruses. Then we got Windows...

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet

Being born in 1981 I feel like I should buy this, but being not that big on the design I think I will pass. I'm holding out for the Reagan attempted assassination based 1981 shirt.

fishermanswife

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fishermanswife

It's baaaack...

PS C:\>

mrmcd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrmcd

make it $sh or $bash and I'd think about it.