WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

HEADS UP: These items will begin shipping on 3/7. If you want to get them in time for Pi Day, you need to spring for expedited shipping.

We’ve been calculating, theorizing, and number-crunching for YEARS (mainly because we’re pretty bad at it), but we’ve finally devised a perfect mathematical formula for a Shirt.Woot sale. Behold, and notice how you’re powerless to resist: Mathcathalon!

Cute fuzzy things! Numbers! Geek humor! Together they form a Pythagorean Theorem of T-Shirt Shilling Success! We’re bringing back some of our most mathtastic designs for your most scholarly endeavors! Tees! Long sleeves! Hoodies! Totes! And (gasp!) a backpack! Check it out:

Apron - $12
by Robert Deupree Jr.

Backpack - $25
by Robert Deupree Jr.

Long-Sleeve Tee - $20
by Iambusyeating

Pullover Hoodie - $25
by Travisdoesmath

Tee - $15
by Tony Persons
by ramyb
by Robert Deupree Jr.
by Tang Yau Hoong
by PixelPants
by Spiritgreen

Tote Bag - $10
by Travisdoesmath
by Robert Deupree Jr.

Zip-Up Hoodie - $30

How else is everyone going to know you’re smarter than them? Pick one up today! Of course if you were more of the “Liberal Arts” degree type, don’t panic. We’ll have a brand new Shirt.Woot event up next week that you might have a chance of passing.

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

BLANKS INFORMATION

Regular T-Shirts

Reflections on Pi
- Men’s @ Anvil
- Ladies/Kids @ AA

Cake or Pi?
- All on AA

The Extended Bell Curve
- All on AA

Cell Division Kelly
- All on Anvil

Turtley Trippy
- All on AA

Trigonometree
- All on AA

There is no change in the blanks for the Zip-up Hoodies, Pullover Hoodies, or Long-Sleeve Tees.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

You know woot, you guys still have the rights to my prime number shirt. Never too late ;-)

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond

Oh, I love the Extended Bell Curve shirt. If I can't find mine, I may need to throw some ca$h your way.

Vote:

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

*Steps on offended persons platform*

I hold a B.A. in English Lit and Linguistics and as such I am deeply, deeply offended by this sale. Where oh where oh Woot is the sale for those of us who err to the verbose side of things? Where is the shirt and hoodie compensation for those of us that build not mere walls of text, but entire castles?

I request, nay demand, an English major themed woot sale.

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402

The I Heart Math Pullover hoodie has the wrong sizing chart.

It's showing the Zip-up hoodie's sizing chart.

mathking1992

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mathking1992

Too bad do the math isn't in short sleeve. I would definitely buy that.

captainsuperdawg

quality posts: 14 Private Messages captainsuperdawg
bluejester wrote:*Steps on offended persons platform*

I hold a B.A. in English Lit and Linguistics and as such I am deeply, deeply offended by this sale. Where oh where oh Woot is the sale for those of us who err to the verbose side of things? Where is the shirt and hoodie compensation for those of us that build not mere walls of text, but entire castles?

You still have the raven as the longest lasting Woot shirt.

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq

What does "CB Sleeve" mean?

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
captainsuperdawg wrote:You still have the raven as the longest lasting Woot shirt.

What raven shirt? All I see is a blank asphalt shirt.

On another note, the starting numbers for the non-exclusive items are as follows:

Cell Division - 6153
Reflections on Pi - 10649
The Extended Bell Curve - 3577
Trigonometree - 2010
Turtley Trippy - 2254

bluejester

captainsuperdawg wrote:You still have the raven as the longest lasting Woot shirt.

Hush! I've got this soap box, and I'm going to use it!

woocls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woocls

what about the Themed sale for the 2 authors? Poe vs Shakespeare

Also, anyone know how soft/warm the hoodies are? And if they shrink up after washing like the t-shirts?

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond
bluejester wrote:Hush! I've got this soap box, and I'm going to use it!

Literature or just shirts with books on them? Trying to remember some. And can we have a Linguistics Derby; with linguistics + AI references, that could be a wootworthy science + words one-two punch.

Vote:

jagendorf

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jagendorf

Wow. They're really selling a backpack. Woot is branching out even further.

Bilyum it up all day long!

Narfcake

jagendorf wrote:Wow. They're really selling a backpack. Woot is branching out even further.

"Embroidered design will be approximately 4.5” x 1.70”"

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

I really love the color of the forest green hoodie, it looks great.

Also, Pi day is fast approaching (3/14). If you definitely want your tee/apron/whatever in time for Pi day, you may want to drop a little extra for expedited shipping!

ThunderThighs

Staff

rogue8402 wrote:The I Heart Math Pullover hoodie has the wrong sizing chart.

It's showing the Zip-up hoodie's sizing chart.

It's fixed now!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cmillard1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cmillard1

Maybe I'm blind, but when do these ship?

ThunderThighs

Staff

cmillard1 wrote:Maybe I'm blind, but when do these ship?

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
cmillard1 wrote:Maybe I'm blind, but when do these ship?

3/7

cmillard1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cmillard1

Thanks!

tabaddon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon

I need Do The Math by Wednesday. That is all.

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.

jagendorf

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jagendorf
Narfcake wrote:"Embroidered design will be approximately 4.5” x 1.70”"

That is a very small design. I can't imagine anyone would buy it, unless it's a really good quality backpack.

Bilyum it up all day long!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

I will never understand the fascination with math. ?_?;;;; Thank God Im not a programmer tasked with saving the universe through numbers. We'd all die a very, very firey death.

ThunderThighs

Staff

bluejester wrote:Hush! I've got this soap box, and I'm going to use it!

Wanna borrow my soap box?

bassanimation

Only if we can have a week of art school themed tees. Like...buildings with bad perspective...and sketchy anime boys with wonky proportions. Oh...wait..I might just be talking about my art school days. SHUDDUP!

Narfcake

bassanimation wrote:Only if we can have a week of art school themed tees. Like...buildings with bad perspective...and sketchy anime boys with wonky proportions. Oh...wait..I might just be talking about my art school days. SHUDDUP!

Mice with missing hind legs?

Sorry. Obviously, it didn't bother me that much, though I did give up asking service for a good copy of the long sleeve version, because I'm not sure that one exists.

revesombre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages revesombre
quabaq wrote:What does "CB Sleeve" mean?

Center Back (CB) Sleeve:
Measure from the halfway point between shoulders. Measure across to shoulder, then down along arm to wrist.

bassanimation

Narfcake wrote:Mice with missing hind legs?

Sorry. Obviously, it didn't bother me that much, though I did give up asking service for a good copy of the long sleeve version, because I'm not sure that one exists.

LOL, awww the poor mousker. I wish I could revamp him a little and fix his poor legless bits. ^^; Though it's funny you mention rodents. My 2D animation final was a flip book of a cell drawn mouse trying to get cheese out of a trap. This was before I found my way to the world of rodent ownership. It must have been destiny!!

But oh man, school art. >_<;;;

bluejester

bassanimation wrote:Only if we can have a week of art school themed tees. Like...buildings with bad perspective...and sketchy anime boys with wonky proportions. Oh...wait..I might just be talking about my art school days. SHUDDUP!

Actually, something along these lines might be a great idea if done right. What if woot had a derby theme was to incorperate an inherent flaw, or perspective problem but do it in an Escher-esque fashion?

Just a thought.

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402
kevlar51 wrote:You know woot, you guys still have the rights to my prime number shirt. Never too late ;-)

Yes! I want that! Come on woot!, just think about it, it'd be perfect. :D

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
woocls wrote:Also, anyone know how soft/warm the hoodies are? And if they shrink up after washing like the t-shirts?

The hoodies are soft and a good mid-weight fabric. They are warm, but not cumbersome. They do shrink a little, but nothing like the t-shirts. If you are on the upper end of the sizing chart numbers, you may want to go a size up.

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

math? on a monday? bah!
i guess i'll just keep wearing this wonderful Makin' Bread pullover.

:sets alarm clock to next week:
:goes back to bed:

MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones

I would do anything to get a Shelf Life shirt.

You hear that, woot? ANYTHING.

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
MrsBones wrote:I would do anything to get a Shelf Life shirt.

You hear that, woot? ANYTHING.

There is a men's small on teetrade.org

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca

Thanks for offering a zip up hoodie woot! The math theme isn't to my liking but I'm sure I'll come across one I do like.

Unoriginal26

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Unoriginal26

Nooooooooooooo...So close, I wanted reflections on Pi on a hoodie....Oh well, I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too.....wait, but this is pie?!?

Huh...

I've got nothing...

bookworm656

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bookworm656

I'm sure I thought this the first time it was offered too, but the use of type on the Zu Chongzhi’s Estimate shirt is SO BEAUTIFUL. ^_^ (wannabe typography geek ftw!) It's especially nice compared to many of the other shirts found on shirt.woot that use type rather horribly. I just wish it wasn't on dark gray. (Though even on another color I'm not sure I'd want to wear it as a shirt, personally. I could definitely go for it on a poster, though!)

Woot: I'm in it for the monkeys.

sharonkay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sharonkay
jagendorf wrote:Wow. They're really selling a backpack. Woot is branching out even further.

I like this and plan on ordering it ... I do wish they had offered as an option a bit more of an expensively made backpack ... I would have paid up to $75 for one that could hold all the school books that my 16 year old has to carry to school each day.

sharonkay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sharonkay
revesombre wrote:Center Back (CB) Sleeve:
Measure from the halfway point between shoulders. Measure across to shoulder, then down along arm to wrist.

Oh thanks! I had no idea that was what that meant!