stogieman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stogieman

Where the hell is Sushi Friends?

bluetimemachine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluetimemachine

bring back the 1800's bicycle race shirt! I really wanted that shirt!!!

ApeLad

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ApeLad
stogieman wrote:Where the hell is Sushi Friends?

It wasn't honorably mentioned. C'est la vie.

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv

can someone please explain to me what is "spot colors".....

gina3graces

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gina3graces

Thanks Woot for listening and caring! ROBBIE LEE = IN FOR THREE! "Hero" t-shirt ---the robot who risks rust (slow death) by plunging into the icy waters to save the kitty-kitty...with the magical misty background of which legends and lore are made of...
I swoon...therefore I am.

sheens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheens

Yay! The little fishy made it into the fog. Now it's the butterfly's turn. :-)

inspektordogge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages inspektordogge
jfsiv wrote:can someone please explain to me what is "spot colors".....

It means you can only use one color of ink. Not even different shades.

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd

I've started a design for the next 'one word' derby, but I'm not sure if it would get rejected or not--the thing I'm most worried about is the tardis, which really is just a blue police box, right? I know there was an image of the tardis in 'it came out of nowhere' but I've seen it rejected elsewhere. Anyway, your opinions on the matter are welcome as are ideas for how to obscurify the design if you think it's rejection worthy.

Thanks!

jdelvoie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jdelvoie

I would kill for Goldfish or Mariposa... Especially Goldfish, how often do you see an awesome shirt on yellow?

Sadly, they seem a bit low on the charts

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

Here's something I got cooking for this next woot derby. What do you guys think?

catrionab90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catrionab90
midgerock wrote:Here's something I got cooking for this next woot derby. What do you guys think?

I'm sorry, I can't make out the word.

ljwilke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljwilke
catrionab90 wrote:I'm sorry, I can't make out the word.

it took me a minute, but i think it says "hunter"

randomwordz321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randomwordz321

I am so, so, so sad that Wrong Droid 2.0 did not make it into the fog. Boo.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
midgerock wrote:Here's something I got cooking for this next woot derby. What do you guys think?

First off, I like it. However, it took far too long to figure out the word and it sits too low on the shirt due to the gun barrel length. Make it a bit shorter (not derringer short) and the knife a bit smaller to even things out. Also, to help make it a little more readable -- which will be difficult given the color limit -- perhaps work in some different shadowing? Good luck.

midgerock

artulo wrote:First off, I like it. However, it took far too long to figure out the word and it sits too low on the shirt due to the gun barrel length. Make it a bit shorter (not derringer short) and the knife a bit smaller to even things out. Also, to help make it a little more readable -- which will be difficult given the color limit -- perhaps work in some different shadowing? Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback artulo.
took some of that and tweaked it. Hope that works better.

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv

Thank you for answering it was a big help!!

ApeLad

Here's what I've started working on for next week's derby:

A work in progress. by Ape Lad, on Flickr

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc

I worked on a couple of designs this weekend. The first one was this bacon ambigram:

lyonscc

The second one was also from the Doctor Who mythology, though I decided not to do a tardis (for all of the rejections), and just go with the scarf (which out to be safe).

clarinerd

lyonscc wrote:The second one was also from the Doctor Who mythology, though I decided not to do a tardis (for all of the rejections), and just go with the scarf (which out to be safe).

Wow, I guess we had the same idea--I almost went with 'doctor' rather than 'who.' Great minds think alike, huh?

lyonscc

Yeah, I probably would have scrapped my idea if I'd have seen yours sooner, but I had already completed it before looking over here (and finishing some Season 6 episodes of Dr. Who on Netflix).

One of my first rejected designs was a Dalek I worked on for a couple of days. So I'm gunshy working on a Tardis. The rejectionator is very fickle, and what one mod will approve, others will reject (sometimes days later).

lyonscc

One more from the weekend, tho I'm still not totally pleased with it.

midgerock

Here's another idea I put together and wondered what people thought. black on white or white on black?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I like the white better.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
midgerock wrote:Here's another idea I put together and wondered what people thought. black on white or white on black?

hilarious!
I was thinking the exact same thing, only using different droids for the letters.
I like the white on black.

move along

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
midgerock wrote:Here's another idea I put together and wondered what people thought. black on white or white on black?

Wow. That's really great! Definitely a fan of the white on black for this.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
j5 wrote:hilarious!
I was thinking the exact same thing, only using different droids for the letters.
I like the white on black.

These aren't the droids you were looking for?

I like the black, too.

ApeLad

Here's how mine turned out:

brains by Ape Lad, on Flickr

I'll post a bigger one later this week.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain

Here's an idea i'm tinkering with. Feedback and thoughts are welcome. Thanks!

tjschaeffer

Every time I work on a design and think I've got something good, I look at these pre-derby threads and get depressed by the awesome designs I see... Heh.

I'll have to try to post an image later to get some feedback.

lyonscc

One more:

Not sure if the literary reference is too obscure, tho.

clarinerd

lyonscc wrote:One more:

Not sure if the literary reference is too obscure, tho.

I don't think I'm getting this one. I have NIM_(E?). Maybe I just don't get the reference and that's why I'm having a hard time--or I might just be dense. Also, how are you getting the two shades of grey I see in the close-up? I don't see any halftones.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
clarinerd wrote:I don't think I'm getting this one. I have NIM_(E?). Maybe I just don't get the reference and that's why I'm having a hard time--or I might just be dense. Also, how are you getting the two shades of grey I see in the close-up? I don't see any halftones.

It's NIMH, form the Rats of the same name. Honestly, It's too hard to make out to be as effective as it should.
Also, is lyonscc going for a new record for number of entries?

move along

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
SeedUvPain wrote:Here's an idea i'm tinkering with. Feedback and thoughts are welcome. Thanks!

Whoa, Seed is alive.

It is readable. And each letter is a style, so seems good. Did you repeat a style for the c and e at the end?

tjschaeffer

Can anyone give me a "rules" opinion or judgement for the upcoming derby?

I have a design rolling around in my head. For the design I am making a word where the letters assemble to look like an object. All the letters are hand-drawn.

I just wanted to get some thoughts, since it's kind of the opposite of what was in the description, i.e. the letters of the word make up the art, instead of art making up the letters.

markedward

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markedward
ApeLad wrote:Here's what I've started working on for next week's derby:

A work in progress. by Ape Lad, on Flickr

Dude, I really dig this style. I was wondering if it would fit the description of the derby, since it sounds like objects need to make up the letters, but my wife saw this and said your letters are in themselves 'brains'. Props for the subtlety.

dreadwood

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dreadwood

Dang, I really like this one. Personally I like white, but everyone seems to hate white at woot ):

cuzwhynot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuzwhynot

Here's my idea for next weeks derby. What do you guys think? And which color is your favorite?

dreadwood

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dreadwood

Hey guys, here's my entry. Anything that could be changed? And which one looks better? Thanks.

tjschaeffer

Here's one I've got, I call it Ninja's weapons of choice: