cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
Narfcake wrote:Different strokes for different folks. Some Wooters find turbunguins to be the pinnacle of Woot shirts; others despise them.

There's always another design tomorrow, y'know.

Yessir!! I felt funny writing that down, as I am NOT one to criticize at all. I feel there is definitely something for everybody when it comes to art. Just wondering about the surge in shirts of this style.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
cherylfrancis wrote:I really hate bashing an artist, because really, this is exceptional work. But for a tshirt? Who actually wears these? This kind of work is so typical for tshirts found at truck stops. I don't understand the obvious change in voters' choice. Is it the halftones that have people drooling all over themselves? I would like to see mad skills with halftones applied to something more trendy, not something my grandfather would wear. Loving the illustration, just not as a tshirt.

I do see where you're coming from. As I've said earlier in the thread, I do think the design flirts with those awful shirts you see by The Mountain. But I think there's enough of a romanticism, a pull back from photorealism or Northwestern motifs or what have you, that it works. The fog helps a lot. The color of thie shirt, too. It's not like it's against a royal blue background.

It will go nicely with my "Fog" shirts.

Also, it fits the theme to a "T". And some designs played very loose. Woot! says they're okay, so whatever, but dangit, this is a PIRATE shirt, top to bottom.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
mortaine wrote:I'm now wondering what happens to shirt designs after woot reckons them away. Is there no secondary printing marketplace for these excellent designs?

Some designs are getting brought back out in the weekly events ... click on the banner from the front page. That's about it otherwise, as Woot holds the rights to the printing.

jennrasm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jennrasm
cherylfrancis wrote:I really hate bashing an artist, because really, this is exceptional work. But for a tshirt? Who actually wears these? This kind of work is so typical for tshirts found at truck stops. I don't understand the obvious change in voters' choice. Is it the halftones that have people drooling all over themselves? I would like to see mad skills with halftones applied to something more trendy, not something my grandfather would wear. Loving the illustration, just not as a tshirt.

Agreed...

I didn't follow the derby, but pulling up shirt.woot this morning, I was perplexed by this design having won anything. It doesn't fall in line with the kind of quality (subject-wise) I'm accustomed to when it comes to woot. Sure, it's technically well done, but where's the pizzazz? Where's the wink? Where's the wit?

But whatevs, lots of people seem to like it, and there's always tomorrow. Rock on!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
dreamaster wrote:They must be something different then what gets delivered with a print on them yet.

I accidentally ordered the "Arrow to the knee" which was on an Anvil blank before I found out about the change. I wore it yesterday and while the shoulder/chest and length were ok, the sleeves were definitely not as it flossed my underarms all day.

I KNEW i was wearing a shirt all day as everytime my arms shifted the shirt scraped. In my opinion these Anvil shirts are not wearable and should be avoided.

Well good news for you then:
BLANKS INFORMATION

Men’s / Ladies = AA
Kid’s = Anvil

Confirmed
---- as posted by fellow moderator-in-arms ThunderThighs.

Unless of course you are needing a kids size today and then, well, sorry.

edit: I see you've ordered (that post flew by me on first read) - enjoy! Since we're on a new page I'll go ahead and leave the confirmation of today's shirt blanks right here.

I'm just hanging out, really.

iggymartin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iggymartin

Yeah. I'm totally "meh" over this one. There were much better T-Shirt designs (that had no turbunguins) in this derby. This one is just, as you note, Truck Stop fodder as a shirt.

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
jennrasm wrote:Agreed...

I didn't follow the derby, but pulling up shirt.woot this morning, I was perplexed by this design having won anything. It doesn't fall in line with the kind of quality (subject-wise) I'm accustomed to when it comes to woot. Sure, it's technically well done, but where's the pizzazz? Where's the wink? Where's the wit?

But whatevs, lots of people seem to like it, and there's always tomorrow. Rock on!

Woot's givin me an ulcer lately.. *clutches stomach*

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement

Aw, no artist bio love for Playing Koi? Especially since it's so endangered...

cherylfrancis

gement wrote:Aw, no artist bio love for Playing Koi? Especially since it's so endangered...

Playing Koi is a beautiful artsy rendering. This just doesn't have the same feel. I can't explain it.

cherylfrancis

cherylfrancis wrote:Playing Koi is a beautiful artsy rendering. This just doesn't have the same feel. I can't explain it.

I would like to know somebody who wears the Koi shirt. This one, not so much.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
j5 wrote:about 5 pounds.

Ha! Nice preemptive punchline.

audra739

quality posts: 2 Private Messages audra739

IT'S THE GHOST PIRATE LeCHUCK!!!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

The execution is wonderful, I had to vote for this one even if I do prefer your more imaginative designs. Congrats Patrick!

morrdigan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morrdigan

So happy it is on AA! I will not order the Anvil shirts on principle. I loved that they were made in America. I always try to buy as much as I can from USA. I am not sure if has been answered but are the only AA shirt blanks woot! has left the gray and red?

Narfcake

morrdigan wrote:So happy it is on AA! I will not order the Anvil shirts on principle. I loved that they were made in America. I always try to buy as much as I can from USA. I am not sure if has been answered but are the only AA shirt blanks woot! has left the gray and red?

As of last week's event, I noted that these colors/sizes were sold out. So a shirt that's NOT in those sizes listed would still have a chance to be on AA blanks.

As a group (mens/womens/kids), however, any thing less than a full lineup means that they're going to be on the new blanks.

mrsstudrobinson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrsstudrobinson
cherylfrancis wrote:I would like to know somebody who wears the Koi shirt. This one, not so much.

My sister ordered the Koi shirt. She says it's horrible - the way the halftones printed looks like it's streaky and faded already. It wouldn't even be good as wall art. But the design itself is awesome!

This shirt is also awesome, just in case there was any doubt about it.

mrsstudrobinson

chocker wrote:I can't believe all the acclaim for this shirt. The ship is way too small, and is missing half its sails, no cording to support the masts, etc. etc.. It looks like this "pirate" is riding on a rowboat. What a joke. Nice sunsets are a dime a dozen. Meh.

Ha, maybe he is! Like when Jack sailed into Port Royal in a row boat when he was in the market for a new ship. Still galant, no matter the ship.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
mrsstudrobinson wrote:My sister ordered the Koi shirt. She says it's horrible - the way the halftones printed looks like it's streaky and faded already. It wouldn't even be good as wall art. But the design itself is awesome!

This shirt is also awesome, just in case there was any doubt about it.

I don't know, this guy's print looks pretty good

move along

j5

cherylfrancis wrote:I would like to know somebody who wears the Koi shirt. This one, not so much.

My son will be sad.

chocker wrote:I can't believe all the acclaim for this shirt. The ship is way too small, and is missing half its sails, no cording to support the masts, etc. etc.. It looks like this "pirate" is riding on a rowboat. What a joke. Nice sunsets are a dime a dozen. Meh.

It's a ghost ship that is in the process of materializing, so....

move along

avsniper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avsniper

Is that "Gangplank"? ... LOL looks great!

mrsstudrobinson

j5 wrote:I don't know, this guy's print looks pretty good

Oh, ok. Yeah, that guy's shirt looks just fine!

brankitteh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brankitteh
rockmasterflex69 wrote:Actually really happy to see a classic pirate and not a 'zomg johnny depp disney pirate'

As much as I like the most recent of those movies I have to say I agree with this. I was getting so sick of disney pirates and ninjas. This is such a refreshing change of pace.

j5

bassanimation wrote:Also I think the small metal bits are brighter on the pirate in the print file! The red in the cape also feels more saturated, so he stands out more than he did on the original comp.

wait....how do you know this?

move along

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster
inkycatz wrote:

edit: I see you've ordered (that post flew by me on first read) - enjoy!

Mwahahahahha ahhahahahahahah!

Yep, I'll be sorry to see AA go away - so I'm getting all the woot shirts I can till then.

On the bright side - when the Anvil shirts are defacto on all orders, ya'll won't have to put up with me anymore!

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
j5 wrote:wait....how do you know this?

that's a good question.

Nothing follows.

nicolemrosen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicolemrosen

I admire the artistry and I kinda do dig it, but not enough to buy it. I have maxed out my tshirt quota for the next decade. lol

Narfcake

dreamaster wrote:
On the bright side - when the Anvil shirts are defacto on all orders, ya'll won't have to put up with me anymore!

They'll still have to put up with me, however ...

inkycatz

mrsstudrobinson wrote:My sister ordered the Koi shirt. She says it's horrible - the way the halftones printed looks like it's streaky and faded already.

Hm, well that doesn't sound too right!

If you could drop a note with pictures (but host the pics somewhere, don't send them as attachments) to service@woot.com, they might be able to help you out.

mac4drew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mac4drew

I know I said I wasn't coming back. But the design is too awesome and it's still an American Apparel blank. Enough for me to override my stubborn principles and give you $12 more. Seriously though, when you 100% switch to Anvil I am outta here.

ThugNatty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ThugNatty

Radical! A giant pirate!

sheens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheens

I have the koi shirt, and love it! :-)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
j5 wrote:wait....how do you know this?

The front page image is made from the print file. Bass is right, compared to the contest image the red is brighter and it seems like there's more contrast on the pirate too. Looks better, more pop! It's probably the switch to Pantone colors that's done it.

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick

And after trying to fight it all day, I have yet another Patrickspens shirt to add to the collection.

Stop that.

redrotors

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redrotors

Pirate ship too slow.
Actual sailors might appreciate this vid., non sailors may think we're just nuts.....
Check em out doing 48mph, no pirate ships gonna catch 'em
http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/media/12/0302/

goatcrapp

quality posts: 16 Private Messages goatcrapp

how is this not sold out?

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: lizyd
Last purchase time: Friday, March 02, 2012, 11:59:46 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 24.618s
Woot wage: $3,750.67
Woots sold: 3509

Last wooter to woot: lizyd
Last purchase time: Friday, March 02, 2012, 11:59:46 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 24.611s
Woot wage: $3,750.67
Woots sold: 3510

Last wooter to woot: rwodage
Last purchase time: Saturday, March 03, 2012, 12:18:55 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 24.924s
Woot wage: $3,701.44
Woots sold: 3512

Didn't catch 3511 so First day sales 3510 or 3511 - most likely 3510

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
gement wrote:Aw, no artist bio love for Playing Koi? Especially since it's so endangered...

To clarify, since multiple people seem to think I was starting an artistic merit discussion, the Koi shirt is by the same artist and currently for sale, but was not given a link from the author bio.

drewbagel86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewbagel86

I just bought the wrong shirt! I wanted the darth vader greatest dad shirt
drewbagel86

inkycatz

drewbagel86 wrote:I just bought the wrong shirt! I wanted the darth vader greatest dad shirt
drewbagel86

Hey!

Please feel free to drop us a line at service@woot.com and see what they can do to assist.

csb4love

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csb4love

I ordered & was billed for 2 of this shirt but only received 1. I would appreciate the other one sent to me, please.

Susan Castillo