Narfcake

quality posts: 280 Private Messages Narfcake
elankat wrote:Why no women's or kids' sizing in special items, Woot? Especially the v-necks.

The AA v-necks (2456) are only in unisex sizes, but they do go down to an XS and in some colors, XXS. Since these aren't printed until after the ordering period, I am wondering why not offer an additional sizing option.

Long sleeves for gals (2307) is a newer option, though it's only in selected colors. I really wouldn't count on it, though - if that was the case, gals would've had the W2XL option for the 2102 long ago.

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

Yeah. I know they're using the unisex sizes. It just sort of irritates me that they change to cheaper blanks to supposedly fund all these new offerings, but then they only offer unisex/men's sizing, leaving kids and petite women out of the equation. A men's small works for me, but I'm not tiny either. My kids, however, are pretty much out of luck until they grow. I did buy a hoodie once for my oldest, even though he drowns in it.

And I feel bad for petite gals. With the change in blanks, Woot's offerings have actually lessened for them.

aznvamp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aznvamp

Wish there were cooler V-Necks. :\

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca
aznvamp wrote:Wish there were cooler V-Necks. :\

Don't count out gardening at night, I have an original shirt and it looks great. Still up in the air on a v-neck, but that's only cause I have a little too much chest hair.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

We're having some technical difficulties on the newest sale. We have our dev guys currently on it, so hopefully we'll have something up for you guys soon.

kc6201

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kc6201
tgentry wrote:We're having some technical difficulties on the newest sale. We have our dev guys currently on it, so hopefully we'll have something up for you guys soon.

Leave the old sale up for another hour then. There were 2 more things I still wanted to buy but ran out of time

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402
tgentry wrote:We're having some technical difficulties on the newest sale. We have our dev guys currently on it, so hopefully we'll have something up for you guys soon.

Ok thanks!

Narfcake

kc6201 wrote:Leave the old sale up for another hour then. There were 2 more things I still wanted to buy but ran out of time

Yeah, and I got beat on another last wooter ... so I want another chance. ^_^

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

What I saw(minus a couple of things), and was able to purchase, was great!

that was fun while it lasted!

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Grabbed a "Sore Thumbs" long sleeved tee before the link went all crash-zilla again.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
bluejester wrote:Grabbed a "Sore Thumbs" long sleeved tee before the link went all crash-zilla again.

I grabbed the "in the style of da vinci....." poster

that was fun while it lasted!

Narfcake

Haven't grabbed anything but the starting sales numbers for the t-shirts ...

1986: The Legend Was Born - 4645
Alpha Battle - 2568
To the Top in the Style of Da Vinci - 7189
Some Game Involving Falling Blocks In The Style Of M.C. Escher - 3128
Console General - 5296
Hospitality! - 3201

And for those who wonder how the spring sales did ...
1. Air Zip-Up Hoodie - Sold 12
2. Squeeze Zip-Up Hoodie - Sold 153
3. Blossom Zip-Up Hoodie - Sold 61
4. Gardening at Night V-Neck Tee - Sold 147
5. Lady Out of Water V-Neck Tee - Sold 54
6. Phoenix Rising V-Neck Tee - Sold 128
7. Playing Koi V-Neck Tee - Sold 87
8. Spectrum V-Neck Tee - Sold 68
9. Air Long-Sleeve Tee - Sold 11
10. Envy Long-Sleeve Tee - Sold 72
11. Playing Koi Long-Sleeve Tee - Sold 40
12. Rain Dance Long-Sleeve Tee - Sold 64
13. The Umbrellas Long-Sleeve Tee - Sold 54
14. ...How about joint custody? - Sold 97
15. A Peculiar Discovery - Sold 126
16. Spring-ATRON R.E.S.U.B. - Sold 46
17. Tickles to Tinkles - Sold 112
18. Zombie Garden - Sold 224
19. Blossom Poster - Sold 43
20. Painted with Water Poster - Sold 17
21. Playing Koi Poster - Sold 45
22. Crooked Couch Poster - Sold 21
23. The Umbrellas Poster - Sold 35
24. Tickles to Tinkles Tote Bag - Sold 81
25. Turtley Trippy Tote Bag - Sold 163

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402

I see you are still having difficulties but the $10 totes were coming up as $12 when it was last up. Just in case that wasn't noticed.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

No comments section or official post yet about the new video game-themed sale. Glad to see "Sore Thumbs" up for grabs. I am also happy about the theme. I was kinda hoping that woot would hold a sale like this soon.

...and it looks like by Narf's numbers that the Spring Sale wasn't a big hit...

Narfcake

bluejester wrote:...and it looks like by Narf's numbers that the Spring Sale wasn't a big hit...

Truthfully, none of the events have been big hits compared to the daily shirts. On the other hand, the base commissions were paid on the design's first run already, so that portion of it isn't a factor anymore, lessening the overhead.

Narfcake

Anyone else's Spring-ATRON come out fuzzy?

Top is new run, bottom is original run. It's almost as if too much black was laid down when printing ...

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Narfcake wrote:Anyone else's Spring-ATRON come out fuzzy?

*snippety snip*

Top is new run, bottom is original run. It's almost as if too much black was laid down when printing ...

Hmmm. I'm not sure... I feel like my new copy's black lines are maaaaaybe fuzzier than they should be, in comparison to your original run photo, but absolutely perfect compared to your new one's photos? I think you should definitely write in to service with the photos of your shirt; it seems pretty off to me.

My personal concern with my copy of the tee is... is my design off-center? It feels/looks like it starts right under my armpit. But maybe it's supposed to? But why? That makes no sense. It just seems really off. And, godsdamnit, my camera's battery is dead, so I only have shaky phone photos to illustrate/compare for you. Tell me it should be like this?

Edit, add: Oh, wow. I just put it on. The design starts under my armpit. It looks like they used the larger men's shirt plate for the women' shirt, but obviously the design was too big for the space available on the front of the shirt, so they slopped it over under the pit to make it fit. Yep, I'm writing in to service, as well. DAMN IT AND I WAS SO HAPPY TO FINALLY OWN THIS SHIRT, TOO.

Edit, part deux: Tyler@service is particularly awesome and lovely for refunding me for the shirt. Not that I wanted that to be necessary, but as it was, I very much appreciate it.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
ThunderThighs wrote:***********************************
T-SHIRT BLANK INFORMATION

A Peculiar Discovery
Mens/Womens = AA
Kids = Anvil

My "A Peculiar Discovery" showed up on an Anvil blank. Since I ordered based on my AA size - and I'm one of those women who will no longer be able to buy woot shirts because I'm midget-sized - you can only imagine how ridiculous it looks. I was ticked yesterday when I opened the package. Today, I'm crushed. Yeah, yeah, I'll email woot service, and they've always been wonderful, but I suspect that they'll offer a refund when what I really want is "A Peculiar Discovery"!

Anyone else's shirts show up on Anvil when ThunderThighs' post that they would be printed on AA?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

pokemongood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pokemongood
neuropsychosocial wrote:My "A Peculiar Discovery" showed up on an Anvil blank. Since I ordered based on my AA size - and I'm one of those women who will no longer be able to buy woot shirts because I'm midget-sized - you can only imagine how ridiculous it looks. I was ticked yesterday when I opened the package. Today, I'm crushed. Yeah, yeah, I'll email woot service, and they've always been wonderful, but I suspect that they'll offer a refund when what I really want is "A Peculiar Discovery"!

Anyone else's shirts show up on Anvil when ThunderThighs' post that they would be printed on AA?

Same thing happened to me too. I was so disappointed when I opened the package tonight and found out that it was incredibly huge. Was really looking forward to it.

kllangellier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kllangellier
Narfcake wrote:Anyone else's Spring-ATRON come out fuzzy?

No, but my Peculiar Discovery seems messed up. My snowflakes look more like an undercoat that has been revealed because of peeling. But more importantly is the black ink you mentioned. I looked at the design and it looked clean-cut, but on my shirt the black outline seems to be off and spotty... If this is how it is 'supposed' to be, then that is fine I guess. Did anyone else have this problem?

Also, did anyone else net their order split? I ordered 3 designs from this collection, but have only received this one today. Kinda funny, since I ordered the other 2 like, the first day it came out, ordered this one last, as I was on the fence. I know they all shipped the same day, but it's still odd.

Narfcake

kllangellier wrote:Also, did anyone else get their order split?

On all the events items so far, the shipping was separated.

I have no idea on A Peculiar Discovery, as I didn't order that one.

Tickles to Tinkles printed out fine.

kllangellier

Narfcake wrote:On all the events items so far, the shipping was separated.

I have no idea on A Peculiar Discovery, as I didn't order that one.

Tickles to Tinkles printed out fine.

Ok, I must be thinking of randoms that come packaged together, haha. And yay For Tickles to Tinkles, I hope when mine arrives it's all nice-nice.
Also, I think I just discovered the problem (Oh, how the title is so fitting). The stitching on the neck/shoulders is all loose and not through the fabric (does that make sense?) so I bet when they went to print on it, it stretched or slid. Man, Looks I'll have to return it or something, which sucks because I was apparently one of the lucky ones that got an AA. Bummer.

tman2088

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tman2088
kllangellier wrote:No, but my Peculiar Discovery seems messed up. My snowflakes look more like an undercoat that has been revealed because of peeling. But more importantly is the black ink you mentioned. I looked at the design and it looked clean-cut, but on my shirt the black outline seems to be off and spotty... If this is how it is 'supposed' to be, then that is fine I guess. Did anyone else have this problem?

Also, did anyone else net their order split? I ordered 3 designs from this collection, but have only received this one today. Kinda funny, since I ordered the other 2 like, the first day it came out, ordered this one last, as I was on the fence. I know they all shipped the same day, but it's still odd.

I'm sending you a private message. Also, please contact service@woot.com about A Peculiar Discovery and provide some photos to what you're referencing. Thanks!

kllangellier

tman2088 wrote:I'm sending you a private message. Also, please contact service@woot.com about A Peculiar Discovery and provide some photos to what you're referencing. Thanks!

That was a speedy response! I shall shoot them an email. Also, where would I find said private message? I've been on here since October, yet I'm still such a foal. :D

tman2088

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tman2088
kllangellier wrote:That was a speedy response! I shall shoot them an email. Also, where would I find said private message? I've been on here since October, yet I'm still such a foal. :D

It happens. Go to the main woot page and then the community page. You should have a little envelope icon near the top.

intensefancypink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages intensefancypink

That sucks! The same thing happened to me too & I'm NOT a happy camper. I e-mailed cs, and I hope they'll be able to send me the A Peculiar Discovery printed on the correct blank, since I want that shirt, NOT a refund. We shall see what happens.....

neuropsychosocial wrote:My "A Peculiar Discovery" showed up on an Anvil blank. Since I ordered based on my AA size - and I'm one of those women who will no longer be able to buy woot shirts because I'm midget-sized - you can only imagine how ridiculous it looks. I was ticked yesterday when I opened the package. Today, I'm crushed. Yeah, yeah, I'll email woot service, and they've always been wonderful, but I suspect that they'll offer a refund when what I really want is "A Peculiar Discovery"!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
intensefancypink wrote:That sucks! The same thing happened to me too & I'm NOT a happy camper. I e-mailed cs, and I hope they'll be able to send me the A Peculiar Discovery printed on the correct blank, since I want that shirt, NOT a refund. We shall see what happens.....

They responded quite quickly to me and - as expected - refunded my order because "that shirt is no longer in stock." I thought the Spring Collection shirts were printed on-demand after sales ended; I know it's not woot's usual MO, but since this happened to several of us and they specifically promised us AA shirts, I wish they would reprint and replace the shirts that were accidentally printed on Anvil.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
blk909 wrote:Thank you so much for offering Chris Dixon's The Umbrellas Long-Sleeve Tee available!!!!

When will these be shipped?
Mine still hasn't arrived as of 3/23/12

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

blk909 wrote:When will these be shipped?
Mine still hasn't arrived as of 3/23/12

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your order! Please email service@woot.com from the email address associated with your woot account. Please provide your order number and an explanation of your issue, and they'll be able to take care of you.