pilarjuliet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pilarjuliet

I love that little guy in the corner! It's like they're all posing for the camera and he didn't get the memo about being all monster-y and fierce. He's just smiling back at all the nice people smiling at him. Big, big love for this shirt!

Save the Earth...

it's the only planet with chocolate.

dartmoose

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dartmoose

I think the monster in the bottom left corner was trained by Mike and Sulley at Monsters, Inc.

btcs41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btcs41
danlecompte wrote:Yeah yeah, you and everybody else. We all understand that you're morally indignant and so offended that they're single-handedly ruining the US economy with their greedy devil capitalism and lust for profits.

Are you this passionate in your crusading against the hundreds of dollars you gladly throw at other imported consumer goods every week? Most of that stuff is made in Honduras/Indonesia/Korea etc too. Where's your picket signs and organized rallies against that? Oh wait, that would be inconvenient and near impossible to avoid buying all those things.

So go ahead, keep making that stand. Fight the good fight. Deprive yourself of awesome t-shirts that you would really like to have because you're on some hypocritical high ground.

What do the tags in all of the rest of your clothes say? If those aren't all "MADE IN USA" then you really need to rethink your position here.

Well put, dan

thesnarticus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesnarticus

I absolutely love this shirt, so who do I need to beg and plead with to get it on a women's AA shirt so it'll actually fit??

AdamVIP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AdamVIP

Im trying to get 2 of these one for a niece out west and another for a cousin on the east coast. I tried to order them separately so that I could have them shipped to separate addresses but Im getting an error that my account has already purchased this sale and it wont let me get the second. Is there any way to do this or do I have to wait and pay the day after price tomorrow?

pinkleather

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pinkleather

Love it! So glad this printed. The kids will be so happy

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
danlecompte wrote:Yeah yeah, you and everybody else. We all understand that you're morally indignant and so offended that they're single-handedly ruining the US economy with their greedy devil capitalism and lust for profits.

Are you this passionate in your crusading against the hundreds of dollars you gladly throw at other imported consumer goods every week? Most of that stuff is made in Honduras/Indonesia/Korea etc too. Where's your picket signs and organized rallies against that? Oh wait, that would be inconvenient and near impossible to avoid buying all those things.

So go ahead, keep making that stand. Fight the good fight. Deprive yourself of awesome t-shirts that you would really like to have because you're on some hypocritical high ground.

What do the tags in all of the rest of your clothes say? If those aren't all "MADE IN USA" then you really need to rethink your position here.

You put it so much friendlier than I would have.

shirt.woot should have two comment threads per shirt now. One for people who want to talk about the shirt and another for the Anvil whining.

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats FIREFROGH! Its totally cute!

tfaust83

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tfaust83

He's got Rupert! Stewie's gonna be mad...

A-friggin-dorable! I like that the cuddly monster has round teeth, like even if he did bite you, it wouldn't really hurt.

KIDA26

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIDA26

First woot shirt I have bought in a long time. Although I did buy it for my kids and not myself.

Jamison12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jamison12

These are the new shirts? Crap. I hold my complaints about the quality until I see how they wash up. I will, however, kick myself now for ordering my child a gigantic shirt.

redlyn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redlyn

I watch where other things I need are made too. Woot having t-shirts made in the USA may not totally save the economy but it would be a small step in the right direction. My granddaughter has watched me put many things back on the store shelf because it is marked made in China, etc... I have bought her Woot shirts in the past too... no more.... sorry... and she understands why.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
blue_94_trooper wrote:
shirt.woot should have two comment threads per shirt now. One for people who want to talk about the shirt and another for the Anvil whining.

But, but... we already do have another thread for that. We actually have a few!

Main Anvil Thread
Lady Sizes
American Apparel and Anvil: A comparison
New shirt blanks - active testing from community folks

I'm just hanging out, really.

christy3lbdc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages christy3lbdc

Really Really Love this shirt...After reading the AA Anvil Size comparison thread the new blanks won't fit me I would look like a was wearing a bag rather than a shirt! Offer it in AA blanks, I'll by three, sign up as a different user, than buy three more! That way our whole family could have one. Wouldn't that make a great family portrait? Perhaps one of us would wear a different shirt though...

inkycatz

This is actually a great design. So much so I'm contemplating getting more than one (this has never happened). Not for me, but for a couple of kids in my life.

The rough life of being an honorary auntie, I tell you...

TheMadMule

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TheMadMule

Nobody else is seeing the starter Pokemon colors? Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and then the odd one out (red).

inkycatz

AdamVIP wrote:Im trying to get 2 of these one for a niece out west and another for a cousin on the east coast. I tried to order them separately so that I could have them shipped to separate addresses but Im getting an error that my account has already purchased this sale and it wont let me get the second. Is there any way to do this or do I have to wait and pay the day after price tomorrow?

Feel free to drop service@woot.com a line, and see what they advise.

lutherann

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lutherann
redlyn wrote:I watch where other things I need are made too. Woot having t-shirts made in the USA may not totally save the economy but it would be a small step in the right direction. My granddaughter has watched me put many things back on the store shelf because it is marked made in China, etc... I have bought her Woot shirts in the past too... no more.... sorry... and she understands why.

I agree. There are many times I wanted to purchase an item, but didn't because it was made somewhere else and wasn't a needed item. I really wanted this shirt the first time around and still want it now, but I will not purchase it. The shirts no longer being made in the USA isn't the only reason I refuse to purchase the new blanks, though it's the biggest one. In my experience with Anvil shirts, they have always been terrible quality and had unreliable sizing.

alecialene

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alecialene

I know, I know, everyone seems upset over the new shirts. but I for one have to say "WOOT!" I can finally buy a fitted women's tee instead of those uncomely man cuts. And if American manufactures would make a women's cut for someone over a size 8 (I am a 10-12) then I would feel bad for em. My DDDs thank you!

AND I LOVE THIS SHIRT! Go Monsters GO!

alecialene

walmazan wrote:Congrats FIREFROGH! Its totally cute!

So totally hoping to see your design up there this weekend... If it and 'Too Short' make the weekend, Well there will be t-shirt palooza at my house next week!

gloryhound421

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gloryhound421

My first shirt.woot! Now I just need my son to grow into it. And explain to my wife why I had to have a shirt he can wear in a year or so...

PhilFR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PhilFR

@firefrogh is on my wavelength! Just got the awesomely retro Floppy Diskette shirt a couple weeks ago, and now this one for my kid.

Keep em coming!

Nothing to see here. Move along, folks.

ladyperl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ladyperl

I just bought a shirt last month...I've bought many shirts...it won't let me buy two of these when I press the gold button it says "you've been banned" does anyone know what that means? I haven't done anything (to my knowledge) out of the ordinary...any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat

I love this shirt! Love it, love it, must have it.

But on Anvil blanks? Crap, I'm pretty sure none of the sizes fit me anymore. Do I take a chance at too big (new women's size)? Or do I take a chance at too short (new kids size)?

Time to dig out a drawerful of Tshirts and start measuring....

lisabethjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lisabethjo

Anvil vs. AA: Look at it this way. Any more, most things are not made in the USA. Many things that are assembled here are from pieces that are made elsewhere. Cars come to mind. So here we have a piece that is made elsewhere (shirt blank) some ink and a design often from a bonified US citizen--assembled in the USA. Could be 2 out of 3. Could be zip. Now do we want to talk about where the presses come from? The mailing bags? The boxes the blanks come in? The containers the ink comes in? Do I make my point?

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass

I was a MM/ML in the old sizing, here's to trying the new WL! Fingers crossed! Will post photos of old/new if there's interest.

psumek

quality posts: 9 Private Messages psumek

Dang, Firefrogh is on FIIAHHHHHH! How many derby wins is this?

alecialene

badlass wrote:I was a MM/ML in the old sizing, here's to trying the new WL! Fingers crossed! Will post photos of old/new if there's interest.

I am hoping the same thing!! Good luck to ya!

mrsstudrobinson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrsstudrobinson
ThunderThighs wrote:IMPORTANT: As the transition to the new shirts continues, you should always check the size charts prior to ordering your shirts. In addition, be sure to recheck the chart if you order again at a later date (i.e. from the Reckoning).

Thank you!

DISCUSSION THREADS

Inflational Material: Daily Shirt.Woot Prices Go Up By $2
Main Anvil Thread
Lady Sizes
American Apparel and Anvil: A comparison
New shirt blanks - active testing from community folks

Thanks for the heads up. Again. Just as a little aside - the text at the top of the sizing chart page says y'all offer a slim fit shirt, and suggests users to order up a size. Someone responsible for the page might want to change that considering there is nothing about the Anvil blanks that can be considered "slim" by any stretch of the imagination.

bfinleyui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfinleyui

Any way other than email to get in touch with woot service? I've tried emailing to RMA a shirt with a big hole in it, and it keeps bouncing back as undeliverable. Tried from three different accounts (gmail, personal server, and my university exchange server). nobody's responding via twitter. I've been a wooter for almost 5 years, this is the first problem i've ever had. About ready to just say "screw it" and stop supporting companies whose "support" email addresses are 100% non-functional.

INCREDIBLY frustrated.

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
gloryhound421 wrote:My first shirt.woot! Now I just need my son to grow into it. And explain to my wife why I had to have a shirt he can wear in a year or so...

Just tell her that buying sizes ahead is a GREAT idea! I could swear that my son was a tiny baby just yesterday, but he's turning 2 this month! Some of the most-used clothes in his current wardrobe were purchased too big and hung in the closet until he grew into them.

inkycatz

mrsstudrobinson wrote:Thanks for the heads up. Again. Just as a little aside - the text at the top of the sizing chart page says y'all offer a slim fit shirt, and suggests users to order up a size. Someone responsible for the page might want to change that considering there is nothing about the Anvil blanks that can be considered "slim" by any stretch of the imagination.

I've passed this on. Thanks for the heads up.

inkycatz

bfinleyui wrote:Any way other than email to get in touch with woot service? I've tried emailing to RMA a shirt with a big hole in it, and it keeps bouncing back as undeliverable. Tried from three different accounts (gmail, personal server, and my university exchange server). nobody's responding via twitter. I've been a wooter for almost 5 years, this is the first problem i've ever had. About ready to just say "screw it" and stop supporting companies whose "support" email addresses are 100% non-functional.

INCREDIBLY frustrated.

Contacted them on your behalf - keep an eye on your email or PM box. Not sure what's going on but I gave them a heads up.

inkycatz

JRRB wrote:Just tell her that buying sizes ahead is a GREAT idea! I could swear that my son was a tiny baby just yesterday, but he's turning 2 this month! Some of the most-used clothes in his current wardrobe were purchased too big and hung in the closet until he grew into them.

All my parental type friends absolutely encourage me to 'buy larger', as kids seem to have the strangest growth spurts!

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

bfinleyui wrote:Any way other than email to get in touch with woot service? I've tried emailing to RMA a shirt with a big hole in it, and it keeps bouncing back as undeliverable. Tried from three different accounts (gmail, personal server, and my university exchange server). nobody's responding via twitter. I've been a wooter for almost 5 years, this is the first problem i've ever had. About ready to just say "screw it" and stop supporting companies whose "support" email addresses are 100% non-functional.

INCREDIBLY frustrated.

Sorry, we're looking into why that's happening. We also have the Write Us page and it seems like those are getting through.

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

ladyperl wrote:I just bought a shirt last month...I've bought many shirts...it won't let me buy two of these when I press the gold button it says "you've been banned" does anyone know what that means? I haven't done anything (to my knowledge) out of the ordinary...any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks

We did some research and it doesn't look like you're actually banned. Some public networks are blocked, so maybe try a private network.

If that still doesn't work, email us at service@woot.com with your IP and we'll dig deeper.

hhl104

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hhl104

This is the first shirt that I really wanted since the switch to Anvil took place. I was worried about sizing so I did some research. Found what I was looking for but also dug up some negative reviews on the quality of Anvil shirts. Guess I'll pass. Is there any chance for them to go back to AA? Or this is a done deal?

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes

Well, this is my first shirt purchase since the Anvil switch. I loved the fit of the MM in AA, so I hope this change isn't too dramatic size-wise. If the 'Too Short' shirt comes up in the next two days I will cross my fingers and try the new W sizes, though the length worries me.

After that, though, my brief but furious stint at shirt.woot might come to an end. Same reasons mentioned by others: $2 increase gave me pause, but at least I could be confident I was getting a well-made American product. My purchasing has dropped off quite a bit since the switch, and this could be the death knell.

I only wear my woot shirts on weekends anyway, so I guess my closet doesn't need to keep expanding. It's a shame, though, because woot offers such cute designs.

This whole thing is just disappointing.

mikek772000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikek772000

well if i buy a t shirt and it says 5$ more for next day , than honor it cuz you did not so i feel ripped off thanks

mike k

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake

Debut day: 2774, all on Anvil.