Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
jqubed wrote:I like the sound of that last part. And 4 tanks? How many fish do you have?!

Troegs Java head. The spring Ipa from the is in the trudge, will probably wait for dougall to return before trying it.

There are 11 tanks at the moment. 2 saltwater, the rest fresh. I don't know how many fish...damn things reproduce at random. ;)

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
Mavyn wrote:Troegs Java head. The spring Ipa from the is in the trudge, will probably wait for dougall to return before trying it.

There are 11 tanks at the moment. 2 saltwater, the rest fresh. I don't know how many fish...damn things reproduce at random. ;)

That's a lot of fish!

I'm unfamiliar with the relationship; are you and dougall married or otherwise related?

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jqubed wrote:Is it as fun working for them as it was back when you were merely a forum regular?

Getting paid to read fun stuff and play on the forums from home in my pajamas. Yeah, I'd say so.

Hey all. Been awake about an hour. Getting ready to head off to our favorite hibachi place for dinner with the fam.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
jqubed wrote:Pay's getting better every year; I'm almost up to mediocre! But the low pay is made up for by the terrible hours. Oh, wait...

Oh yeah; dues suck!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

Well, I've been up and at 'em since 5 am. My Saturday is over.

Mavyn

jqubed wrote:That's a lot of fish!

I'm unfamiliar with the relationship; are you and dougall married or otherwise related?

Engaged? Together? Living in sin?

Something like that, yes.

AZGman

works every time.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I keep in touch with Mac. He's fine. KT just moved to Florida, stay in touch with her some on FB. Joe's usually on IRC. He checks in occasionally in the morning. Skek's on IRC, not here very often, but on FB. Tennbee's on FB. As is Zea. Acemom and rugby have completely disappeared.

Actually it isn't irc as we knew it. Mr no1 started a chat room because Kenny couldn't use woot at work.
But kenny's job kept closing down every room he opened, so it is now kenny free.
Josephus, Skek,& GWP are there.

Tennbee is on facebook. Seems everyone is fine, but she mostly talks politics. Tall hasn't posted on facebook in ages....maybe over a year.
I havent heard from Gimma. I need to call. She is having health problems.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:So I should listen to the voices in your head instead of hers?

His head is too crowed for him to even make out a single voice. It is just a mob of voices.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jqubed

AZGman wrote:Well, I've been up and at 'em since 5 am. My Saturday is over.

That's far too early for a Saturday

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

Mavyn wrote:Engaged? Together? Living in sin?

Something like that, yes.

So by my count you make IRL couple #3, after KtCallista/Orcrist and Cruzer/GreenEyedGirl?

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

I'm going to grab dinner, bbl

Skye — 1997-2007

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:His head is too crowed for him to even make out a single voice. It is just a mob of voices.

cock-a-doodle-doo?

jqubed wrote:So by my count you make IRL couple #3, after KtCallista/Orcrist and Cruzer/GreenEyedGirl?

I guess. Didn't really think about it before.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Back and napped. Ready for a long night ahead.

Which probably means Dname is about to say gnite.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Mavyn

Think everyone already wandered off.

I'm about to go that way I think. Or hang around for one more Torchwood...Hmm.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mavyn wrote:Think everyone already wandered off.

I'm about to go that way I think. Or hang around for one more Torchwood...Hmm.

Alas. My day starts as it ends for everyone else.

FORUM MODERATOR

Mavyn

ThunderThighs wrote:Alas. My day starts as it ends for everyone else.

Yeah, I've been through that. It's rough.

But, I've fired up another Torchwood. :D So, 40-ish more minutes, at least.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mavyn wrote:Yeah, I've been through that. It's rough.

But, I've fired up another Torchwood. :D So, 40-ish more minutes, at least.

YAY!

(Drat, hate that captcha after sending a PM thing.)

FORUM MODERATOR

Mavyn

ThunderThighs wrote:YAY!

(Drat, hate that captcha after sending a PM thing.)

Yeah, I get that too. :D Silly woot code.

How's Maisy? Swelling all gone?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mavyn wrote:Yeah, I get that too. :D Silly woot code.

How's Maisy? Swelling all gone?

Yes, thank goodness. I'm testing her on easy to eat crunchy foods and all is well so far.

The vet want$ to do xray$ to see if there's a problem with the tooth. I'm gonna hold out for a while though. She's 13 and I don't really want to put her through anesthesia if I can avoid it.

EDIT: Once the swelling went down, you could clearly see an opening in the gum. I think she cut herself on a rawhide and it got infected.

FORUM MODERATOR

Mavyn

ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, thank goodness. I'm testing her on easy to eat crunchy foods and all is well so far.

The vet want$ to do xray$ to see if there's a problem with the tooth. I'm gonna hold out for a while though. She's 13 and I don't really want to put her through anesthesia if I can avoid it.

Yeah, I understand that. My cats are dealing with some sort of allergy issue--itching and losing hair. The eldest one wasn't eating. Switched food, and he shows some improvement. I don't want to make him deal with testing--he's 13 as well.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Hi everybody. Had dinner and played cards with friends. They're early birds, or at least three of them are.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mavyn wrote:Yeah, I understand that. My cats are dealing with some sort of allergy issue--itching and losing hair. The eldest one wasn't eating. Switched food, and he shows some improvement. I don't want to make him deal with testing--he's 13 as well.

A healthy 13-year old cat can have quite a few more years in him. Last cat lived to be 18.

This last bout has Maisy showing her age a bit.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Hi everybody. Had dinner and played cards with friends. They're early birds, or at least three of them are.

Lucky us!

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Back and napped. Ready for a long night ahead.

Which probably means Dname is about to say gnite.

Can't.
I don't know if I have to pick up son and girlfriend at the train station.

//just called. No.
But they aren't seeing his old band. Gee, it was his band and they aren't going....but the show starts at midnight. pia to come home from manhattan late on the train.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

ThunderThighs wrote:A healthy 13-year old cat can have quite a few more years in him. Last cat lived to be 18.

He had a rough life. He was the runt of the litter, didn't get enough to eat, had worms and mites. When I got him, he was 6 weeks old and so tiny and weak. No one thought he'd live. He lost his teeth 5 years ago.

Hi, poof! :D

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Can't.
I don't know if I have to pick up son and girlfriend at the train station.

//just called. No.
But they aren't seeing his old band. Gee, it was his band and they aren't going....but the show starts at midnight. pia to come home from manhattan late on the train.

YAY! Another person!

Slow on the sites and no Woot!Clue! to prep for. I may start getting ready for tomorrow's though.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:A healthy 13-year old cat can have quite a few more years in him. Last cat lived to be 18.

Going to get a new pup? Or is Maisy too old to deal with a younger dog?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mavyn wrote:He had a rough life. He was the runt of the litter, didn't get enough to eat, had worms and mites. When I got him, he was 6 weeks old and so tiny and weak. No one thought he'd live. He lost his teeth 5 years ago.

Hi, poof! :D

I'm half afraid they'd pull a ton more teeth if I let them at Maisy. She has horrible roots that show that she was malnourished as a pup. She's eating fine though so that's good.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Going to get a new pup? Or is Maisy too old to deal with a younger dog?

Nope. My plan was to be petless. Maisy likes being queen bee and doesn't appreciate the attention the cat gets as it is. The cat kinda throws a kink into that petless plan.

EDIT: I've had a dog with me at all times since I was 17.

FORUM MODERATOR

Mavyn

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm half afraid they'd pull a ton more teeth if I let them at Maisy. She has horrible roots that show that she was malnourished as a pup. She's eating fine though so that's good.

Puck does ok eating. Not sure how. I tried wet foods, and couldn't find one that he could eat without getting sick.

Shows almost over. Night, all.

Edit...wups. Only one left in the season, might as well watch it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mavyn wrote:Puck does ok eating. Not sure how. I tried wet foods, and couldn't find one that he could eat without getting sick.

Shows almost over. Night, all.

Finally settled on 2 kinds that brat cat will eat consistently. He's healthy but like food that resembles real food, not cat food.

Simply Nourish

Fancy Feast Appetizers

He free feeds on dry and gets about 1oz of wet morning and night.

Night, Mav.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Nope. My plan was to be petless. Maisy likes being queen bee and doesn't appreciate the attention the cat gets as it is. The cat kinda throws a kink into that petless plan.

Yeah, I remember she perked up when she was the only dog. I guess you can't overlap.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Yeah, I remember she perked up when she was the only dog. I guess you can't overlap.

Yeah. Plus, I think I'm ready for a break. Whenever that may be.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Nope. My plan was to be petless. Maisy likes being queen bee and doesn't appreciate the attention the cat gets as it is. The cat kinda throws a kink into that petless plan.

So why do you want to go petless? And how old's the cat?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Mavyn

ThunderThighs wrote:Finally settled on 2 kinds that brat cat will eat consistently. He's healthy but like food that resembles real food, not cat food.

Simply Nourish

Fancy Feast Appetizers

He free feeds on dry and gets about 1oz of wet morning and night.

Night, Mav.

Puck will eat anything. Well, he'll give it a good try, anyway. He just doesn't keep it down. The other cat is terribly fussy, she wouldn't eat anything other than dry kibble until a few years ago. She'll eat most dry kibble, but even wet cat food she ignores and looks at the Grey cat like he's completely messed up for eating it.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:So why do you want to go petless? And how old's the cat?

I just want a break from the responsibility for a while. Be able to go somewhere without having to plan for a dog.

Cat is about 11? Very healthy so still young for a cat.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mavyn wrote:Puck will eat anything. Well, he'll give it a good try, anyway. He just doesn't keep it down. The other cat is terribly fussy, she wouldn't eat anything other than dry kibble until a few years ago. She'll eat most dry kibble, but even wet cat food she ignores and looks at the Grey cat like he's completely messed up for eating it.

We had a cat that would barf after meals. Vet gave us something to settle his stomach that we gave him about 30 minutes before meals. It worked pretty well FWIW. That was 20 years ago though so I have no idea what it was.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:I just want a break from the responsibility for a while. Be able to go somewhere without having to plan for a dog.

Cat is about 11? Very healthy so still young for a cat.

Cats are easier to leave.

So where are you going when you are free?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Cats are easier to leave.

So where are you going when you are free?

Run naked in the woods? I dunno.

FORUM MODERATOR