KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Thank you all for your prayers. If you could keep my MIL there a bit longer, she was admitted to hospital last night for a heart attack. Orc and I are trying to figure out if we are all going to drive to Minnesota or if we are just going to send him.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:It's gloomy here, too. Can tell the sun is up, but can't see it. Bleah.

Edit: And now there's a thunderstorm rolling through. Golly!

Sun's playing peekaboo for sure today, had to step out - one of the local produce delivery places accidentally 'delivered' a box to my building instead of the one down the street. Thankfully she was grateful, if a bit confused why her produce ended up in front of my building...

And then I realized I'd forgotten my keys AND my phone, so I had to dial the manager's code on the keypad outside over and over for about five minutes straight so I could get back in.

Exciting times, yes.

I'm just hanging out, really.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
KtCallista wrote:I have! The woman I go to the movies with sometimes, has a visual impairment. She loves them! One time we rented a movie and she put on the video description and we popped on subtitles for my husband.... needless to say, I didn't miss a thing!

I would guess not!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

inkycatz wrote:Sun's playing peekaboo for sure today, had to step out - one of the local produce delivery places accidentally 'delivered' a box to my building instead of the one down the street. Thankfully she was grateful, if a bit confused why her produce ended up in front of my building...

And then I realized I'd forgotten my keys AND my phone, so I had to dial the manager's code on the keypad outside over and over for about five minutes straight so I could get back in.

Exciting times, yes.

Never a dull moment!

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:Thank you all for your prayers. If you could keep my MIL there a bit longer, she was admitted to hospital last night for a heart attack. Orc and I are trying to figure out if we are all going to drive to Minnesota or if we are just going to send him.

Oh My Fruitful Garden! The heart attack was the result of finding her husband dead? Heavens, yes. Thoughts and prayers.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
pooflady wrote:Sounds good, but isn't going to feed 26 people. And I really prefer a bone-in ham, I think they taste better.

crock pot method works really good for bone-in, though larger hams may need some creative lid modification to keep the moisture in the pot.

as for quantity, well, if you can't fit enough ham in 2-3 crocks (assuming you have the larger ones) you're also probably going to have issues fitting that much into the oven too.

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:Thank you all for your prayers. If you could keep my MIL there a bit longer, she was admitted to hospital last night for a heart attack. Orc and I are trying to figure out if we are all going to drive to Minnesota or if we are just going to send him.

Oh wow...

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

I finally logged onto the DMV website to change my address on my driver's license. They already had my new address in the form. I don't know how they knew where I was living now. I kinda wish they would've just gone ahead and sent me the new license if they knew I'd moved.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

and I'm out...

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Why the heck, why is it sunny? It was suppose to rain after 2.
Went to the dog park at 12:30, started raining at 1:15.
Now at 3 the sky is clear.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

It rained here for a bit, and now is clear and sunny. Thunderstorm even, I was surprised.

I'm so frustrated with work people who say something is REALLY IMPORTANT, MUST FIX IT NOWWWW! and then they can't be reached to a) take the steps to fix the problem, b) confirm the problem has been resolved.

sigh.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

inkycatz

jqubed wrote:I finally logged onto the DMV website to change my address on my driver's license. They already had my new address in the form. I don't know how they knew where I was living now. I kinda wish they would've just gone ahead and sent me the new license if they knew I'd moved.

That's a bit creepy. Perhaps they are in cahoots with the post office? Did you fill out a change of address form with the post office?

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
Anorion wrote:Dear Morning,

Die.

Sincerely,

Anorion

Somebody didn't get his nap in today

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback

I am so sorry!IMO you need to go see her.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks. Looks like some t'storms might brush by us in a little bit.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

inkycatz

Iceback wrote:Somebody didn't get his nap in today

I've had mornings like that. I hope it's gotten better!

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:I am so sorry!IMO you need to go see her.

Yes, I think so. I've cleared with my school job that I may not show up tomorrow for the next week. I stopped by the courthouse because I'm on the active jury rota through June and told them I wanted to use an "off day", the lady made a note, but didn't officially write the day down. She thinks the trial will be canceled (most are) and she didn't want me to use a day for this, but she is also going to make sure I don't get in trouble.

Orc is waiting to hear back for the job he interviewed for, but we can always take the house phone with (it's a cell too).

Yes, the heart problems are related to her husband's death. The official line is they are "stress related". Orc got to talk to his mother in hospital this morning (she will be staying at least another day). She is in shock. It's not all sinking in. Her husband was a doctor and she told Orc that she even called the clinic looking for him after he had died.

Car gets an oil change in the AM, we still don't know when the funeral is. We need to talk to the sons, they are taking care of those arrangements.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Car gets an oil change in the AM, we still don't know when the funeral is. We need to talk to the sons, they are taking care of those arrangements.

Where do you have to go? How far? How long will it take?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Where do you have to go? How far? How long will it take?

Minnesota, it's a two day drive. And we'll push it hard with the kids in the car (I could possibly do it in a day if we switched drivers, but I have a hard time sleeping in the car and Orc falls asleep really easy.)

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good grief! Praying for all of you.

Anorion

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Anorion
inkycatz wrote:I've had mornings like that. I hope it's gotten better!

It has, for the most part. We really need a second car...

Certified Linux Chemist Guy.
If I hated Apple products any more than I do, I'd be on lists.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 619 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Egads. So sorry KtC & Orc.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
jqubed wrote:It's amazing what happens when people work in "TV" but not really in broadcast television. I bet almost no one has heard of Video Description either.

I had not heard of that, good to know!

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
KtCallista wrote:Minnesota, it's a two day drive. And we'll push it hard with the kids in the car (I could possibly do it in a day if we switched drivers, but I have a hard time sleeping in the car and Orc falls asleep really easy.)

I wish I could do something to help, but I'm afraid that I can't think of anything other than to say I am hoping for the best.

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady

Knock-knock, anybody home?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Knock-knock, anybody home?

Nope.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Anorion

Get offa mah lawn, ya dern kid!

*shakes cane*

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

How does almost everyone have more quality posts than I do?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Anorion

dontwantaname wrote:How does almost everyone have more quality posts than I do?

I post a lot of useful information when the item is some odd computer gadget. Since those have been sparse lately, my Spring Training/a (quality post per annum) has gone down a lot.

pooflady

I have no idea how I got most of mine. I do know that my first one was because I told people that Santa came more than once a year.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I have no idea how I got most of mine. I do know that my first one was because I told people that Santa came more than once a year.

He does?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

obviously I dunno

Iceback

pooflady wrote:I have no idea how I got most of mine. I do know that my first one was because I told people that Santa came more than once a year.

That's what she said

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:He does?

That is why we are the only ones here most of the time. They are cheating on us in the product thread.

//ignoring the that's what she said stuff.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:That is why we are the only ones here most of the time. They are cheating on us in the product thread.

//ignoring the that's what she said stuff.

come on...it was funny, admit it.

Where has Kid been? I haven't seen her post in a while.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:come on...it was funny, admit it.

Where has Kid been? I haven't seen her post in a while.

You're right. Of course, I've only been back a day, but she's usually around in the evening. When's the last time she posted?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:You're right. Of course, I've only been back a day, but she's usually around in the evening. When's the last time she posted?

Looks like a hi on the 26th.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Silly weather.
Sunny morning
Rain afternoon
Thunder storm
Sun late afternoon
Nice evening
Downpour at 10pm
No rain now

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Awww KTC - Big hug and will be keeping you and the family in my thoughts and prayers. Safe trip.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Night all.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!