pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:My guess...Poof is hating Castle.

No, it was great tonight!

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:No, it was great tonight!

So I'm wrong again.

See you all tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:No, it was great tonight!

Glad there was an episode you enjoyed! I bet I'll love it tomorrow.

For those who go read my current prayer request, this is baby Brighton's mom.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Raining

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining

Good Morning Gman
Good Morning Czar
Good Morning Gatzby
Good Morning Cruzer
Good Morning GEG
Good Morning PBL
Good Morning Suarez
Good Morning mwiseman
Good Morning Josephus
Good Morning STLW
Good Morning KT
Good Morning Don't
Good Morning Lynn
Good Morning Mavyn
Good Morning dougall
Good Morning klozitshoper
Good Morning no1
Good Morning Ice
Good Morning Ace
Good Morning Poof
Good Morning edlada
Good Morning tennisplayer121
Good Morning Callista
Good Morning Orc
Good Morning kdccrosby
Good Morning jqubed
Good Morning Zea3
Good Morning gwp
Good Morning Turken
Good Morning j5
Good Morning inkycatz
Good Morning Fen
Good Morning SnifferSir
Good Morning GodfatherND
Good Morning PemberDucky
Good Morning joyner
Good Morning ThunderThighs
Good Morning lplady
Good Morning holmes dog
Good Morning tennbeekeeper
Good Morning baby bee
Good Morning Ken
Good Morning Aras
Good Morning to everyone else

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning Rain
Good morning all late risers

In the end only kindness matters

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

morning rain. morning y'all

edlada

quality posts: 6 Private Messages edlada

Good morning Gman, dzien dobry. A beautiful day in Poland, 80 degrees and sunshine. 2 Days ago it was 90! And it is only May. Going to fire up the grill this afternoon. Today is a holiday, May Day, Europe's equivalent to Labor Day.

My dogs like me, that is important.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
edlada wrote:Good morning Gman, dzien dobry. A beautiful day in Poland, 80 degrees and sunshine. 2 Days ago it was 90! And it is only May. Going to fire up the grill this afternoon. Today is a holiday, May Day, Europe's equivalent to Labor Day.

Mornin', all. Howdy ed!

May Day = "Workers of the world. Unite!!"

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning. Raining! Glad I mowed the lawn last night.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

edlada

Grilling almost finished. Pork tenderloin rubbed with olive oil and herbs and Slaska, a nice fat kielbasa made for grilling. (Fat as in diameter, not in the meat!) Green salad and cold Polish beer. Life is good in the land of the Poles! Smacznego! (Good appetite)

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Ed that sounds wonderful even at 7:30 EDT.

edlada

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Ed that sounds wonderful even at 7:30 EDT.

But, but it's 2:15 CET! Dinner was zachwycający!(delicious)

pooflady

edlada wrote:But, but it's 2:15 CET! Dinner was zachwycający!(delicious)

Good morning all.

Ed, I made ox roast for dinner last night. Figured you'd be the only one here that would know what I was talking about.

edlada

pooflady wrote:Good morning all.

Ed, I made ox roast for dinner last night. Figured you'd be the only one here that would know what I was talking about.

Mmmmmmm, ox roast! On a nice fresh hard roll and lots of horse radish!

edlada

At our family reunion picnics we always had gołąbki, kielbasa and ox roast. We usually had the picnic at Whitford Park in Harborcreek. Sometimes at Gravel Pit Park in North East. The gołąbki and ox roast were always in those big electric cooker things, you know, a big white rectangular thing with handles and a cover.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

g'morning wooters!

ox roast: is that actual ox, or just a particular dish with a funny name?

came really really close to being "wooter to blame" on today's home.woot sale. bought one of the pressure washers, went to read some more comments in the forum, and was surprised to find on page two people complaining about it being sold out. looks like I just slipped that one under the wire!

edlada

Turken wrote:g'morning wooters!

ox roast: is that actual ox, or just a particular dish with a funny name?

came really really close to being "wooter to blame" on today's home.woot sale. bought one of the pressure washers, went to read some more comments in the forum, and was surprised to find on page two people complaining about it being sold out. looks like I just slipped that one under the wire!

No, ox roast is just roast beef slow roasted to make it tender and then sliced real thin. You put it in a pan with beef broth to keep it moist, serve it on a hard roll. Very tasty. In Buffalo NY they call beef on weck (on a kummelweck roll).

pooflady

edlada wrote:No, ox roast is just roast beef slow roasted to make it tender and then sliced real thin. You put it in a pan with beef broth to keep it moist, serve it on a hard roll. Very tasty. In Buffalo NY they call beef on weck (on a kummelweck roll).

Minus the horseradish for us. Never heard of gotabki (?). What is it? PM, Ed.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hi . Mom day.
Daughter moving day. Hope the cat gets there ok.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

edlada

pooflady wrote:Minus the horseradish for us. Never heard of gotabki (?). What is it?

WHAT??? No horseradish on your ox roast???? Heretic!

Gołąbki (sounds like gowahmbki when you say it) are pigs in a blanket or stuffed cabbage. In Polish the "ł" is pronounced like a "w" and "w" is pronounced like "v". There is no "v" in the Polish alphabet. The ą is different than "a". Both letters are used in the Polish alphabet, the "ą" is pronounced kind of like auwn which unless you are born Polish is almost impossible to say correctly. Then again, unless you are born Polish, most of it is almost impossible to say correctly and don't even get me started on the grammar. I will never be fluent in Polish, I'll tell you that! It is not unusual to find 4 consonants in a row in Polish and occasionally even 5! How am I supposed to learn to make those sounds? Especially since my mother was born in Italy and I spoke some Italian as a kid. I think the Italians and the French stole most of the vowels from the Polish language.

pooflady

edlada wrote:WHAT??? No horseradish on your ox roast???? Heretic!

Gołąbki (sounds like gowahmbki when you say it) are pigs in a blanket or stuffed cabbage. In Polish the "ł" is pronounced like a "w" and "w" is pronounced like "v". There is no "v" in the Polish alphabet. The ą is different than "a". Both letters are used in the Polish alphabet, the "ą" is pronounced kind of like auwn which unless you are born Polish is almost impossible to say correctly. Then again, unless you are born Polish, most of it is almost impossible to say correctly and don't even get me started on the grammar. I will never be fluent in Polish, I'll tell you that! It is not unusual to find 4 consonants in a row in Polish and occasionally even 5! How am I supposed to learn to make those sounds? Especially since my mother was born in Italy and I spoke some Italian as a kid. I think the Italians and the French stole most of the vowels from the Polish language.

Oh, cabbage rolls. Okay.

edlada

pooflady wrote:Oh, cabbage rolls. Okay.

PM answered.

Turken

edlada wrote:No, ox roast is just roast beef slow roasted to make it tender and then sliced real thin. You put it in a pan with beef broth to keep it moist, serve it on a hard roll. Very tasty. In Buffalo NY they call beef on weck (on a kummelweck roll).

Ah. Beef on Weck. Had many of those during our stint in western NY. Tasty sammich, just never heard it called ox roast before.

was wondering, since we once took a trip to Vietnam where you hoped the "ox roast" was truly a slice of ox, because for all you knew the meat could have come from almost anything!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

btw, I'm grumpy today. Not a good day to fool around with me.

Wish I knew why. Hard to ungrump when there is no reason.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

edlada

Turken wrote:Ah. Beef on Weck. Had many of those during our stint in western NY. Tasty sammich, just never heard it called ox roast before.

was wondering, since we once took a trip to Vietnam where you hoped the "ox roast" was truly a slice of ox, because for all you knew the meat could have come from almost anything!

I unwittingly ate dog one time in Korea. The first and the last time I assure you. It was at a picnic in the woods behind my apartment, some off duty policemen were having a barbecue and invited me to join them. The ironic thing is I was walking my small dog, Walter, and held him under my arm while they handed me a plate of fido, kimchee and rice. It was the most horrible meat I have ever tried.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
edlada wrote:I unwittingly ate dog one time in Korea. The first and the last time I assure you. It was at a picnic in the woods behind my apartment, some off duty policemen were having a barbecue and invited me to join them. The ironic thing is I was walking my small dog, Walter, and held him under my arm while they handed me a plate of fido, kimchee and rice. It was the most horrible meat I have ever tried.

Prolly cuz it was free-range dog!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Turken

AZGman wrote:Prolly cuz it was free-range dog!!

yep. we did have one dog dinner in vietnam. came to the conclusion that for most meat out there, edibility of the dish really depends on the quality and cut of meat (and of course, preparation of the dish). these were farm-raised for eating, and the prime roast parts were actually quite tasty and similar to a good roast beef. the gristley sausage dish, though... not so much.

edlada

Turken wrote:yep. we did have one dog dinner in vietnam. came to the conclusion that for most meat out there, edibility of the dish really depends on the quality and cut of meat (and of course, preparation of the dish). these were farm-raised for eating, and the prime roast parts were actually quite tasty and similar to a good roast beef. the gristley sausage dish, though... not so much.

Yeah, what I ate wasn't sausage, chunks of meat but mostly gristle and fat. Maybe they were being nice and eating gristle and fat is an honor in Korea, I don't know.

Free the Dogs!! Free the Ranges Too!!!

edlada

dontwantaname wrote:btw, I'm grumpy today. Not a good day to fool around with me.

Wish I knew why. Hard to ungrump when there is no reason.

Cutting in on Gman's territory.

Disclaimer: I am not fooling around with you, just trying to be funny.

KtCallista

Never eaten dog. Never had cat either. My friend used to hunt cougar, but he said it tastes like cat and isn't that good, so I guess cat isn't that good.

Off to work, just checking in on ya all. Thought about tip-toeing to avoid the grumpy folk, but I'd probably just irritate them worse.

Oh and yes, my friend and her baby are doing ok. I only the update that baby Felicity has arrived and her mom posted that on FB, so I'm assuming they are both still in this world (and yes that was a concern). Hoping to get more info later today.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
KtCallista wrote:Never eaten dog. Never had cat either. My friend used to hunt cougar, but he said it tastes like cat and isn't that good, so I guess cat isn't that good.

Off to work, just checking in on ya all. Thought about tip-toeing to avoid the grumpy folk, but I'd probably just irritate them worse.

Oh and yes, my friend and her baby are doing ok. I only the update that baby Felicity has arrived and her mom posted that on FB, so I'm assuming they are both still in this world (and yes that was a concern). Hoping to get more info later today.

I hope they continue to be OK. I cannot imagine your irritating anyone here - surely you jest!

Reading about the Polish food here has my mouth watering. My deceased husband's family was from Poland, and we went to the Polish American Club in New England and enjoyed the food. I was a little bit picky, but my husband dove in and had himself a feast.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

LET US PROCLAIM A GRUMPY DAY!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
klozitshoper wrote:LET US PROCLAIM A GRUMPY DAY!

I'm just hanging out, really.

edlada

klozitshoper wrote:I hope they continue to be OK. I cannot imagine your irritating anyone here - surely you jest!

Reading about the Polish food here has my mouth watering. My deceased husband's family was from Poland, and we went to the Polish American Club in New England and enjoyed the food. I was a little bit picky, but my husband dove in and had himself a feast.

Polish food is hardly haute cuisine but Polish people sure do like it. I have talked to many Polish people that have traveled to Italy, France, etc, and said it was nice but they were happy to come home and eat their pirogi, bigos, and kielbasa again. And chicken and pork. Lots and lots of chicken and pork.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
KtCallista wrote:Never eaten dog. Never had cat either. My friend used to hunt cougar, but he said it tastes like cat and isn't that good, so I guess cat isn't that good.

Predatory mammals in general aren't that tasty. I've tried mountain lion as well as bear, and didn't like either.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Predatory mammals in general aren't that tasty. I've tried mountain lion as well as bear, and didn't like either.

bear is an acquired taste. People who grew up with moms that made bear sausage seem to take to it better than those who didn't. I also personally think it helps if you can't smell.

Turken

KtCallista wrote:bear is an acquired taste. People who grew up with moms that made bear sausage seem to take to it better than those who didn't. I also personally think it helps if you can't smell.

it does make an okay chili once you cover it with enough spices.

KtCallista

Seriously dragging and I know I didn't get enough sleep the last two days. I was going to sleep in today, but I got a call from my friend's ex-wife about donating a kiln to the school and after that I could NOT go back to sleep.

So should I drug myself with either caffeine or D3 or both, or should I just push myself through this and try to get to bed before 3 am? Kids are out of school Thurs and Fri so I might could do some make-up work or sleep then.

edit: OR I could just take my daily meds that I left sitting on the counter this morning... no wonder I feel akin to a zombie.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

edlada wrote:I unwittingly ate dog one time in Korea. The first and the last time I assure you. It was at a picnic in the woods behind my apartment, some off duty policemen were having a barbecue and invited me to join them. The ironic thing is I was walking my small dog, Walter, and held him under my arm while they handed me a plate of fido, kimchee and rice. It was the most horrible meat I have ever tried.

Obama said it was tough when he had it as a kid.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!