ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
Adelas wrote:I don't watch this show, and I don't know anything about it, but I have to say this is the best submission I've seen in this derby. The N is amazing. Kudos!

The books are amazing. Amazing.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Adelas wrote:I don't watch this show, and I don't know anything about it, but I have to say this is the best submission I've seen in this derby. The N is amazing. Kudos!

Start with A Game of Thrones. I don't need to recommend the others - you'll be dying to read them.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
lavers wrote:Neat, but what happened to the stag's leg?! Given the proportions of the right front leg, the bent joint in the left leg is the lower joint...and that means it's bending backwards.

I see what you mean, but I also see what ramyb was attempting. It just didn't work out all that well. Nevertheless, this had to have been a tough one to pull off. Kudos! Great design.

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus
Re: Horcrux

Thanks guys.

@Adelas I was worried about that first "r" but I think it doesn't look enough like any other letter to confuse people. And you're right from a distance I don't think it matters.

@thesquishiest I struggled to make it work with one color. I think all I need is one additional color to make it pop. Doesn't look like this version is destined for Woot anyway so keep an eye out on my redbubble

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
wubupon wrote:
However, I think I have seen this artwork here. Check me if I'm wrong, but it's a little too close to me. link here

...wait that's not close at all. LOL!

ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega
Re: I love science

Is the blackboard part of the shirt?

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

bethany3cat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bethany3cat
Re: nom, the abridged version

Here is a small bit of shameless self promotion to all the incoming "Monday-morners" with a request for feedback.

I had been well advised to strive for five key elements in my designs.

j5 wrote:
If I had to do a J5 five, it would probably go like this:
1. clean lines
2. simple design
3. pop culture (or popular theme, if pop-cult is barred)
4. whimsicle geekery [sic]
5. animals

I think I got a lot closer this week, but it was hard to not put subliminal messages in the pattern of chocolate chips.

My goal this week is 100 votes, so let's see how she does1

marvelman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marvelman
Re: Seven Kingdoms

House Tully gets the crown?

Blasphemy... but awesome design nonetheless!
You've got my vote this derby.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

This is great!:D

anujtuli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anujtuli
ve6neo wrote:I really wanted to love this shirt. But couldn't make it out clearly enough.

Thanks and sorry to hear that.. I tried my best but had some challenges, specially in doing E and R. E is spelt as if its perpendicular to the plane and R is cursive (and lower case).

Plus, I was trying to make it more artistic than just spelling out the alphabets..and make it more cryptic and challenging. This way, people know what you really are into!

aspherical

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aspherical
craftiness1 wrote:ummmm....Doesn't say anywhere it's been rejected and it doesn't have the big stamp showing it's rejected..
So, It's hasn't been rejected

But it will be.

tdziekan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdziekan
Re: Take me to the river

This one is my favorite!!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: LAWSUITS

This.
rejection imminent, but....good for a laugh.

move along

jdelvoie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jdelvoie
Re: Lessons Learned

The 'z' is very subtle and well done. The 'a' though looks a bit odd to me.

jdelvoie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jdelvoie
Re: I love science

Look at me still talking
when there's Science to do.

nowacz11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nowacz11
tdziekan wrote:This one is my favorite!!

A drop me in the water, yah!

Kyrarune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kyrarune
mjc613 wrote:I don't know if the words Earth and Moon will be allowed this week.

I REEEEEEALLY like this.

Thanks I hope they don't find problems with it.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Mavyn wrote:To those saying the Threadless submission will get this rejected...That's just a submission.

Shirt wasn't made.

Artists have submitted works HERE that were originally submitted to Threadless (or elsewhere) but never printed, without rejection. I can't see how the other entry would impact this shirt.

Ah, I didn't notice.. this is true, artists submit designs at multiple sites all the time and it only counts of it's printed and sold.

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko
zerglingfood wrote:I like it... but I'd like it more without the chalk tray and piece of chalk.

The idea is great, but the equal sign in the denominator bothers me.

Dolemite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite
Re: TV

Mmmm. Father. Mother... Secret lover.

crystaisilence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crystaisilence
Re: LIFE

I love love *love* this shirt. Flawlessly executed! I, too, would even take this shirt on an Anvil shirt if it won :D

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey
lete wrote:I only see "pand"

The A is the other ear. It is almost sideways

mistressofpez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistressofpez
Re: Typography

Should have made the r "Ravie" and it would have been perfect.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=61445]

How is this off topic? The girl is a w, then the stacks of books make up the e l l.

Bad call?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

cxl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cxl
Re: Forever

I love this execution. So simple!

...unfortunately, I'm not sure I have the balls to wear around a shirt that says, "my heart beats for you forever" :/

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37
Re: Inconceivable (V2)

This would be a great shirt! The only thing I would like to see is all the characters lined up on one line, so that Inconceivable is easier to make out. Maybe the front could have the smaller version all on one line and the back can have the big version on multiple lines (or visa/versa).

trylo24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trylo24
Re: Want a baloon?

Not sure why this is off topic...word is written in the teeth..."Phobia". Please explain.

cwarfield82

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cwarfield82

Really sad to see this had to be rejected. Would've bought 2 for sure. Great job regardless!

anseal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anseal
Re: After All This Time

Definitely buying two of these when it prints. Snape D: So tragic, so good!

princessbunny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages princessbunny
Re: Inconceivable (V2)

The difference between this one and the one that was rejected is so very slight. Why is this still here?
BTW, big fan of princess bride, I just hate the idea that someone can stomp there foot and refuse to be rejected. I've known of many good shirts that took the rejection with dignity.

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter
Re: After All This Time

The best yet.. Not just because of the meaning, but because you do not need a second color or any thing else to this design.. Otheres seem to be forcing there design to fit the theme, your just works. Nice Job

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer
marvinleal wrote:I like the design, but it is hard to see the word. You might want to make it stand out a little more. Maybe bold the outline. Anyways great idea.

I think it's better that way. It'll make people think more about what they're seeing.

lyonscc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: Rats of NIMH (resub)

*sigh*

Totally unhelpful rejection reason. It would be nice if, when artists spend hours on a design, they can actually understand why it was rejected (so as to avoid the same mistake in the future).

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Caddywompus wrote:This definitely needs more votes.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eyesore427/6974926009/

Totally! Next time just put a detail image in the shirt comp or post an image in the comments. If you don't know how, there is a link to the "formatting guide" at the bottom of the comment window while you're typing. I think that just showing a close-up will help people see how awesome your work is.

You should keep making derby entries and don't get discouraged. It just takes awhile to get noticed.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: mayan woot

FYI, woot related subjects are rejection-worthy. So...once they catch up from the time change, I suspect this will get the big red stamp.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
cxl wrote:I love this execution. So simple!

...unfortunately, I'm not sure I have the balls to wear around a shirt that says, "my heart beats for you forever" :/

haha, I was thinking more like eternal life

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
princessbunny wrote:Good drawing, but isn't it kinda unimaginative to simply use a mask (knock-out) of letters over a drawing to make the words. I mean, this derby had such potential for creativity and doing this, as also was done in NINJA, seems kinda phoned in...

I've noticed that too with a bunch of entries. I think Woot is often too vague with their derby description and rules.

In my opinion, things with a clipping mask do not meet the spirt of this derby. Also, there are entries that use letters to form letters, instead of objects oriented/drawn in such a way to resemble letters.

I don't blame the artist and there are some great entries that don't meet *my* interpretation of the theme. I just think this is a case where more direction from Woot would have been nice.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: It's Getting A Little Muggy

The handles look very natural. Good job!

clarinerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clarinerd
Re: WHO - V2

Please revote!!

The first version was rejected because it was off topic (I have no idea why--it seemed on topic to me) so I took that opportunity to heed some of the comments I got on the first version and make the letters clearer (especially the 'w'). I also removed the light on the tardis to make it less recognizable (and hopefully less likely to be rejected).

Also, as a side note, I have found that this design process is much harder on my little netbook without my tablet.

Thanks again!

karmictrickster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karmictrickster
jdelvoie wrote:Look at me still talking
when there's Science to do.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done!